10 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Literature teacher: FINALLY! A way to get students to finish assigned reading willingly! Look! Look at that student over there! Just yesterday she was refusing to read The Scarlet Letter, and now she can't put it down! Newsflash, you and I are going to make one heck of a—

Student: 

Reveal hidden contents

2n8rp9.jpg

Student: lol it's Reverend Dimmesdale

Teacher: Aw, see? She's getting so into it—Newsflash? You okay? 

Teacher, who’s now concerned: Newflash, is there anything I can do for you? 

Student, who’s caught onto what’s going on: You’d do anything for him?

Teacher: Anything!

Student: 

Spoiler

News flash, sobbing: HOW ARE YOU MAKING THAT FACE?

Student: uwu

Newflash: WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? 

7 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Teacher, who’s now concerned: Newflash, is there anything I can do for you? 

Student, who’s caught onto what’s going on: You’d do anything for him?

Teacher: Anything!

Student: 

Reveal hidden contents

News flash, sobbing: HOW ARE YOU MAKING THAT FACE?

Student: uwu

Newflash: WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? 

Even though I can't see it, I know exactly what's going on.

21 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Even though I can't see it, I know exactly what's going on.

The cursed energy of that post I just made  is too powerful. I woke up in a cold sweat at 2 AM, just to write it. (No, I didn’t.)

newsflash: PLEASE STOP.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Are we waiting on Nate to make an appearance at Destination Doughnuts?

Working on that, sorry. I've been really preoccupied with the school musical, and it ended just in time to sleep Wednesday and be awake again on T-Day. Now I'm recovering from pie, and will soon finish that post.

On 11/23/2018 at 0:31 PM, Sazedezas said:

Working on that, sorry. I've been really preoccupied with the school musical, and it ended just in time to sleep Wednesday and be awake again on T-Day. Now I'm recovering from pie, and will soon finish that post.

Oooh, what musical?

Hello everyone, I've been thinking about getting involved in this rp, and I've been wondering if anybody had some pointers that would be good for me to know? I've already read the stickies, but I don't know how old the information there is, especially since the rp has been rebooted.

59 minutes ago, kenod said:

Hello everyone, I've been thinking about getting involved in this rp, and I've been wondering if anybody had some pointers that would be good for me to know? I've already read the stickies, but I don't know how old the information there is, especially since the rp has been rebooted.

Welcome Kenod! :D
We've been a bit lower power level this time around so we've been avoiding High Epics when possible, and also teleporters because apparently they're supposed to be rare and yet we had around 50 in the original RP :P
In terms of actual requirements I think that's mostly it, in order to integrate into the story a little quicker you might want to create some backstory with an existing character, but that's just a suggestion.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

We've been a bit lower power level this time around so we've been avoiding High Epics when possible,

Note: High Epics and Epics with a PI are different according to Steelheart, but the terms are used interchangeably afterwards.

Wait, actually I have the passage right here, and it contradicts itself.

"There are thousands of Epics in this city, son," Prof said.

"Sure," I replied.  "But most were beneath your notice.  You target High Epics, and there are only a few hundred of those in Newcago.  Among them, only a couple dozen have a prime invincibility --- and you always pick someone with a prime invincibility."

Later

"What's a prime invincibility?" Tia asked.

"Sorry," I said, realizing they wouldn't know my terms.  "It's what I call an Epic power that renders conventional methods of assassination useless.  You know, regeneration, reincarnation, that kind of thing."  A High Epic was someone who had one of those.

Weird.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

want to create some backstory with an existing character

As always, Blank is ready and willing!

And having more people connected with Jacklyn is always a good thing.  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Note: High Epics and Epics with a PI are different according to Steelheart, but the terms are used interchangeably afterwards.

Wait, actually I have the passage right here, and it contradicts itself.

Per Brandon a PI is the highest level of High Epic, a High Epic is technically any Epic with a defensive ability, a PI is a power that renders almost any conventional method of killing you without your weakness to be pointless.

For the purposes of this, a particularly weak High Epic might be allowed, a PI would not.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

What about Blank then?

Blank isn't that hard to kill if you can get to them, but finding them is the issue.

Not considered a High Epic, same as Neverthere. Direct example from the books is Regalia, she has projection abilities and no one knew where she physically was but that wasn't enough to rate a ranking as a High Epic, it's explicitly clarified when someone (David from memory) mistakenly calls her a High Epic.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

Not considered a High Epic, same as Neverthere. Direct example from the books is Regalia, she has projection abilities and no one knew where she physically was but that wasn't enough to rate a ranking as a High Epic, it's explicitly clarified when someone (David from memory) mistakenly calls her a High Epic.

I think it was David that explained why she wasn't a High Epic, but that is also from memory.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Ookla said:

Change your name to something Ookla!

Already done.

You are Kidpen, right?

If you were going to ask how I can tell it was actually just because I saw when Ark changed it, they're in the Alleyverse RP a lot so easy to tell.

I mean yeah, mysterious mod powers. :ph34r:
Our ways are mysterious and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

First there was one Voidus. 

Then there were two. 

Now I'm not sure how many there are. 

I'm just going to go hide before Voidus tips his hand and reveals he's actually Mitosis. 

That's just silly, I refuse to entertain such a notion.

Spoiler

Clearly we're all actually Mitosis.