2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Yeah, we should probably keep the Circuit from actually forming at any cost. Actually, if we were still in Oregon, that might’ve been a pretty good way to end it all. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 

Edit: In what chapter is the S9 introduced in? How many are there? I’m on 5.

There are many many chapters. You are at least a couple arcs away iirc. Assuming you mean chapter and not arc when you say 5.

Edited by Kidpen

Just now, winter devotion said:

Yeah, we should probably keep the Circuit from actually forming at any cost. Actually, if we were still in Oregon, that might’ve been a pretty good way to end it all. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 

Yeah, as mentioned some characters would be ridiculously overpowered if their abilities were increased any further. I think Enhancing Epics work best as Upgrade was used in WHIO where it's used sparingly and as a large city-wide event like Quota's mass emotion manipulation.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

There are many many chapters. You are at least a couple arcs away iirc. Assuming you mean chapter and not arc when you say 5.

I think I mean arc. I just left the bar where they temporarily teamed up with the nazi guys. 

To clarify, who exactly forms the Circuit and what are their exact powers?

4 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I think I mean arc. I just left the bar where they temporarily teamed up with the nazi guys. 

To clarify, who exactly forms the Circuit and what are their exact powers?

Upgrade and Nicroburst I think.
Enhancing Epics.

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Because he is upgrade AND nicroburst

Yes, they must hold hands.

EDIT: And the person in the middle has to touch all of them.

Ah, kinda like a conductor. I love system hacks like this. Would the power only last as long as they were touching?

7 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Because he is upgrade AND nicroburst

Yes, they must hold hands.

EDIT: And the person in the middle has to touch all of them.

I'm not sure that other Epics would willingly let their powers be copied and actively used in front of them (Given the pain it causes) but yeah I guess that'd work too.

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I was thinking it would be a major but not gamebraking permanent boost, but that's just me.  I was also thinking that a double enhancer would be a moderately-sized perma-boost.

Well Upgrade by himself pretty much removed all limitations from someones power, turning a relatively minor Epic into an OP source of omniscience pretty much.

I'm back. Lets see...

9 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I’m reading some more of Worm. It’s pretty interesting. 

Edit: robbing a bank. Just. Casually robbing a bank. 

Yesss :)

From your comments about the Reckoners books, I think you will really enjoy Worm.

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

Enhanced Neverthere I actually have trouble thinking about, she's pretty much as strong as an astral projector can be, she just has no other powers to make much use of it.

Worm spoilers from the end of arc 14:

Spoiler

Excellent, we just found another member of the Slaughterhouse 9. The Siberian is in the house.

Also Bloodlight would make a fantastic Grey Boy (Red Boy?) especially with the enhancement...

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Um, hello, Reckoners people. I've been thinking of joining your ranks. How many actual RP threads are there, and what order are they in so I can read all of them?

It'll probably make me go insane, but I pretty much am already.

Welcome aboard!

Sanity is vastly overrated.

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

We would have the S9999

But yeah also kind of my concern, that would be a very notable thing in the world, kind of hard for it to not be mentioned at all in the books.

Yeah, I agree that this could stretch plausibility.

Most likely, the only way we could run with it is if all traces of it were destroyed in the conflict before the news got out. In the least, this would imply that all enhancer epics that are part of the circuit either die or at least fake a very convincing death and lie very low, and that Edmonton's fate is to be completely and totally demolished in an insane battle where everybody loses. And that this happens very soon after the circuit enters the plot, before distant epics could take note (it might attract nearby ones like Chrysalis, though).

Also, significant Worm spoilers from arc 26:

Spoiler

http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/The_Slaughterhouse_Nine-Thousand

You guys are recreating the plot of Worm without even knowing it aaaaaahhh.

Next we are going to have (further spoilers from the ending)

Spoiler

Crimson Morning

Anyways it looks like there is more stuff in the RP thread to read.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Crimson Morning

*sobs*
Why do I never notice! And I literally am reading that part right now!

Just now, winter devotion said:

Double reference? Double referrence. 

Anyway, I’m really liking worm. It’s got a good vibe.

I am feeling tempted but I've got a new campaign to plan out so not much reading time atm :(

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

I'm back. Lets see...

Yesss :)

From your comments about the Reckoners books, I think you will really enjoy Worm.

Worm spoilers from the end of arc 14:

Reveal hidden contents

Excellent, we just found another member of the Slaughterhouse 9. The Siberian is in the house.

Also Bloodlight would make a fantastic Grey Boy (Red Boy?) especially with the enhancement...

Welcome aboard!

Sanity is vastly overrated.

Yeah, I agree that this could stretch plausibility.

Most likely, the only way we could run with it is if all traces of it were destroyed in the conflict before the news got out. In the least, this would imply that all enhancer epics that are part of the circuit either die or at least fake a very convincing death and lie very low, and that Edmonton's fate is to be completely and totally demolished in an insane battle where everybody loses. And that this happens very soon after the circuit enters the plot, before distant epics could take note (it might attract nearby ones like Chrysalis, though).

Also, significant Worm spoilers from arc 26:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Crimson Morning

Anyways it looks like there is more stuff in the RP thread to read.

Okay. Karabiner has to die, if we do this, but I still want Arachnerd and Bloodlight to survive. The reason for this is that I've been planning to redeem them both since before their inception, and I don't want them to die immediately afterwards. Or maybe they could. I'd just have to speed up that plot a lot.

An alternative solution is that the Circuit is only ever assembled in WHooC... Somebody could realize their potential and kill some or all of them, just to make sure. Maybe Tayahound could just randomly end up killing one, even, or a character could set up a scenario where he kills one.

The reason for all of this is, I feel like Edmonton even being destroyed stretches plausibility. I mean, if all members of the turf ward die and Edmonton has to establish a new government, that could even work.

2 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Okay. Karabiner has to die, if we do this, but I still want Arachnerd and Bloodlight to survive. The reason for this is that I've been planning to redeem them both since before their inception, and I don't want them to die immediately afterwards. Or maybe they could. I'd just have to speed up that plot a lot.

An alternative solution is that the Circuit is only ever assembled in WHooC... Somebody could realize their potential and kill some or all of them, just to make sure. Maybe Tayahound could just randomly end up killing one, even, or a character could set up a scenario where he kills one.

The reason for all of this is, I feel like Edmonton even being destroyed stretches plausibility. I mean, if all members of the turf ward die and Edmonton has to establish a new government, that could even work.

Red will survive, but she’ll probably get the heck out of dodge if she ends up alone. Kokichi, I don’t think COULD die easily, especially considering how impossible it would be to trigger their weakness as if. I didn’t mean to make them a High Epic, but they are definitely too powerful to die easy. 

But I’ve been thinking of introducing some other characters and if I bring Chase back, I wouldn’t mind killing her. 

33 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Red will survive, but she’ll probably get the heck out of dodge if she ends up alone. Kokichi, I don’t think COULD die easily, especially considering how impossible it would be to trigger their weakness as if. I didn’t mean to make them a High Epic, but they are definitely too powerful to die easy. 

But I’ve been thinking of introducing some other characters and if I bring Chase back, I wouldn’t mind killing her. 

Right. Bloodlight's pretty easy for Arachnerd to kill, but if his plan works - and he doesn't know what that would do - they'll both be redeemed. That means he would be completely invincible, and she would be invincible by association.