1 hour ago, Sazedezas said:

I like it. Karabiner would have too much harmless fun with that power, I think.

Also, I just realized that Bloodlight's stance of "kill them until they redeem themselves" would be an interesting concept to introduce to Armageddon.

Also, I know the map keeps getting re-linked on this page, but it also keeps getting drowned in new posts, so could somebody link it to the RP Location Poll? Or we could create and pin a new thread for maps of all of our RP locations. IDK, something like that would be really helpful.

Speaking of redemption: It's important to remember we should keep truly redeemed characters to a minimum-- ie, faced their fears. Acting redeemed but actually just repressing their powers/using unhealthy coping mechanisms is fine.

Just now, winter devotion said:

Speaking of redemption: It's important to remember we should keep truly redeemed characters to a minimum-- ie, faced their fears. Acting redeemed but actually just repressing their powers/using unhealthy coping mechanisms is fine.

I meant the normal kind of Bloodlight subjective redeemed, not Epic Redeemed. I only plan for Arachnerd and Bloodlight to go that far, and that because it is a large part of the reason I write them. I was simply referring to it's slight difference from Armageddon's ideology that humanity is irredeemable.

Just now, Sazedezas said:

I meant the normal kind of Bloodlight subjective redeemed, not Epic Redeemed. I only plan for Arachnerd and Bloodlight to go that far, and that because it is a large part of the reason I write them. I was simply referring to it's slight difference from Armageddon's ideology that humanity is irredeemable.

What does Bloodlight's subjective sort of redeemed mean?

Just now, winter devotion said:

What does Bloodlight's subjective sort of redeemed mean?

Well, his version of bad is much more "it makes me mad" than "it's immoral," so his definition of redemption is more along the lines of "changed so that they are doing what I think they should be doing." It's like people who offend him have to redeem themselves in his eyes, and he doesn't believe that they can do that without a little... Motivation? Punishment? Temporary state of lifelessness?

Basically he's a very corrupted holy-justice warrior.

24 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Well, his version of bad is much more "it makes me mad" than "it's immoral," so his definition of redemption is more along the lines of "changed so that they are doing what I think they should be doing." It's like people who offend him have to redeem themselves in his eyes, and he doesn't believe that they can do that without a little... Motivation? Punishment? Temporary state of lifelessness?

Basically he's a very corrupted holy-justice warrior.

Ah, I was confused by the word choice. 

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Idea: character who can”level up” and earn skills like a video game.  I know it’s unoriginal, but it would be interesting to play.

EDIT: 900th post!

Adventurer and them would get along. (Resist. Urge. To. Write. This. Idea. I have enough confusing characters as is.)

@Drake Marshall How did Taya know about Kokichi? I'm pretty sure Liam made sure to neglect mentioning that, or am I remembering wrong?

EDIT: I’d like to establish a date for Steelheart’s death and this RP so I can organize my characters around it. That okay?

EDIT 2: I just realized with the dates I set up, Kokichi being 19 is literally impossible. So I’m just going to say they’re actually 21 but don’t know it because reasons and also I’m bad at math-ing.

Edited by winter devotion

2 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Taya is pretty much going off of rumors from a high profile break-in and subsequent car chase, involving one of the most flamboyant epics in the Reckonersverse.

Also because I found it amusing that Taya was implying that everything is Kokichi’s fault.

Yeah, they’re not very subtle. On a scale of one to ten, with one being chill and ten being flamboyant, they’re probably sharing the ten spot with Funtimes. Though, to be perfectly honest, she might be less flamboyant than they are. 

Statistically speaking, it’s likely only 99% of things are their fault.

13 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Oh, I’ll fix that soon then.  My brother is upset right now, sow I’m reading the thread to him :)

EDIT: new character idea:

name: varies.

power: being really good at bluffing.

Basically charisma rolls are always nat20?

Just persuasion/deception, and only advantage and a high mod.  It can still fail if he misjudged the scenario or the other person has more info.

I still really like the skill vampire though.

if voidus is a master at making minor epics, I am a journeyman at making medium epics.

EDIT: in quantity, not quality.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

"Decent Epics."

I think minor Epic just means they don't have a PI? But, then again, the books contradict themselves a number of times on this point so it doesn't really matter. TBH, I feel like a Decent Epic categorization is a good idea, because there are plenty of Epics that can be killed without their weakness, it's just really difficult. (Actually, both of mine are Decent Epics.)