On 8/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, winter devotion said:

I thought that was how it was supposed to work?  Either way, they probably could. Their powers basically turn their own illusions into reality, so it makes sense that they could do it to others.

If they’re powers seem OP, don’t worry. There are a lot of ways to take them down, even without weaknesses. Their powers are completely passive and they’ll definitely lose control over them at some point.

WAITAMINUTE!!!

If Kokichi's powers make illusions...

And also makes all illusions reality involuntarily...

:blink:

Uh oh...

3 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

WAITAMINUTE!!!

Uh oh...

Inb4 Kokichi accidentally makes Typhon reality and it destroys the city

Edit: Caught up on everything. Hm.

Edited by Drake Marshall

12 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

WAITAMINUTE!!!

Uh oh...

Not all illusions, only their own. They misunderstood how Blank's powers work, which was funny, so they can mess with them. The fact Typhon isn't actually real would be hillarious, so their reaction would be *jaw drops to the floor* after an establishing shot of the scene. 

I've been meaning to try out some more animaition and I've been thinking of trying to make some sort of Edmonton fake anime opening. What songs do you guys think would work well with it? Alternatively, any song suggestions for a Portland opening? Since openings tend to be a minute and thirty seconds, some of the song would end up cut out. Might not actually make one but I have a few ideas for concepts. I also want to try designing a few covers for mock manga volume covers because I'm a nerd and I like combining multiple things I like? I'm thinking about drawing out a few pages of a mock comic book or mock comic issue cover too. 

Oh, and I'm back from Japan. It was really fun and awesome. I ate SO much udon, you wouldn't believe it. It's good to be home, though. 

EDIT: Also Kokichi's favorite comedian has got to be John Mulaney. 

Edited by winter devotion

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Not all illusions, only their own. They misunderstood how Blank's powers work, which was funny, so they can mess with them. The fact Typhon isn't actually real would be hillarious, so their reaction would be *jaw drops to the floor* after an establishing shot of the scene. 

I didn't even think about Typhon.  What I was thinking about would be Blank realizing this, then recruiting/capturing Kokichi to use as a giant power-up in the area he is, which would make Blank semi-Omnipotent within a limited area.

13 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I didn't even think about Typhon.  What I was thinking about would be Blank realizing this, then recruiting/capturing Kokichi to use as a giant power-up in the area he is, which would make Blank semi-Omnipotent within a limited area.

Ah, yeah that wouldn’t work. One, the area would be far to small to be useful. Half a block or so isn’t really that far. Two, Blank wouldn’t be able to capture them without using their weakness and/or inducing severe emotional trauma which would make their powers irrelevant/too self destructive to help. Any attempts at willing recruitment would end with a “boring!” from them Three, their powers wouldn’t even work that way. They’re only interacting with the illusion like that through weird shenanigans. Seemingly random but actually really relevant question: Do you watch anime? 

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Ah, yeah that wouldn’t work. One, the area would be far to small to be useful. Half a block or so isn’t really that far. Two, Blank wouldn’t be able to capture them without using their weakness and/or inducing severe emotional trauma which would make their powers irrelevant/too self destructive to help. Any attempts at willing recruitment would end with a “boring!” from them Three, their powers wouldn’t even work that way. They’re only interacting with the illusion like that through weird shenanigans. Seemingly random but actually really relevant question: Do you watch anime? 

Yes.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Winter, I think I’m just going to let you and pyro have this little conversation whilst Liam drives. I don’t see much for him to do right now.

and please make more misattributed quotes. Please.

Probably a good idea. Maybe we should do a collab?

I’ve been thinking of making a tumblr for them but I don’t know how many of ya’ll would be interested in following something on a different website. (My favorite of that latest batch has to be the Get Help one. The idea of Kokichi yeeting Liam across the room is hilarious, especially considering their size differences.) 

EDIT: I just realized the song “Red” by Taylor Swift is something Red would relate to heavily and I’m like. Thanks. I hate it. 

Fun Fact: I must not have been thinking when I designed Miami because Crimson’s name being a synonym for Red was totally unintentional. That’s definitely intentional in universe because otherwise the coincidence would be way too stupid for either of them not to notice but, like, congrats winter on being super observant. 

Edited by winter devotion

So.

Over the past three years, with a little break in the middle, this website (read: this RP) has been a haven for me, a place where I know I can come to for a collection of amazing people and amazing writers, with little to none of the crem that fills up the internet. In a few days, I'm going to be applying for college.

Okay I gotta stop it right there, that's like way to formal for this joint. Long story short, I'm applying for college soon. DigiPen, top tier college for anything gaming. Going in for a Bachelor of Arts in Game Design (fancy pants for making storming good games). If any of y'all can look over what I've got for my essay that would be sparking awesome.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19SgU7CE9EDAUrtbBOvLEOcl_S_NXPne7eTdMCKqON3I/edit?usp=sharing

T'anks!

17 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

So.

Over the past three years, with a little break in the middle, this website (read: this RP) has been a haven for me, a place where I know I can come to for a collection of amazing people and amazing writers, with little to none of the crem that fills up the internet. In a few days, I'm going to be applying for college.

Okay I gotta stop it right there, that's like way to formal for this joint. Long story short, I'm applying for college soon. DigiPen, top tier college for anything gaming. Going in for a Bachelor of Arts in Game Design (fancy pants for making storming good games). If any of y'all can look over what I've got for my essay that would be sparking awesome.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19SgU7CE9EDAUrtbBOvLEOcl_S_NXPne7eTdMCKqON3I/edit?usp=sharing

T'anks!

"Sounds like I don't need any cheat codes in heaven!" I can't decide if I love the line or hate the line... Ah well, in my experience educators usually love corny jokes when used in essays. :P 

I like the essay a lot! I might have some more specific criticism later.

Alright, final character sheet for Maestro. Let me know if there are any concerns before I post the first RP.

Spoiler

Name: Eric Pots

Epic Name: Maestro

Power: Has a perpetual soundtrack around himself. When anyone fights to the music, they do it perfectly. However, only if it's against someone else who can hear the music. So if Maestro tried to shoot someone from a mile off, he would have to depend on personal skill. Since everyone he fights dodges and punches perfectly, he has to depend on checkmating people through planning and maneuvering them into the perfect situation. Oh, and he doesn't know this, but the songs he plays sometimes come from another dimension. This is to account for the songs that wouldn't have realistically come out in the Reckonersverse.

Weakness: Someone he believes is a better musician than him. He rarely believes this, but if someone were to beat him in a competition, he would accept it, as long as he has no reason to believe it was rigged.

History: Eric lived for years in New York as a music aficionado. He started his own small band too, and actually became very popular. He had a decent sized following, and eventually his thoughts became more ambitious. He wanted to be the greatest musician in the world. When he became an epic, those goals didn't change-only the means he was willing to go to to achieve them. Now he was actively hunting down musicians, and either killing them or challenging them to a competition and winning. If he lost, he was careful to keep their deaths quiet so that others wouldn't be scared into trying less then their hardest. He's killed hundreds of musicians over the years-and now he's finally going after Taylor Swift. He's followed her progress for years, of course, but is only now trying to go after her.

Edited by Kidpen

59 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

So.

T'anks!

gah I'm sorry I was lurkething and I saw this and I added comments

I hope that's not too weird :/