Any thoughts on an epic idea?

Spoiler

Epic Name: tbd

Actual Name: tbd

Appearance: Pale, with blonde hair. Very average looking, doesn’t stand out in a crowd.

Primary Power: Self duplication. They can duplicate themselves once a day (might want to change this to less because of how slow the rp is) Those duplicates can duplicate themselves 1 day after being created.

Secondary Power: Self Control. The duplicate which has been alive the longest has minor control over all other duplicates. They can give them tasks and prevent them from doing certain things.

Passive ability: Hyper Normalcy. when people don’t force themselves to look right at them, eyes will glance off and the average person will not acknowledge them, or notice them in any way.

Personality: tbd

Weakness: tbd

3 minutes ago, antgrgmn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Appearance: Pale, with blonde hair. Very average looking, doesn’t stand out in a crowd.

Primary Power: Self duplication. They can duplicate themselves once a day (might want to change this to less because of how slow the rp is) Those duplicates can duplicate themselves 1 day after being created.

Secondary Power: Self Control. The duplicate which has been alive the longest has minor control over all other duplicates. They can give them tasks and prevent them from doing certain things.

Passive ability: Hyper Normalcy. when people don’t force themselves to look right at them, eyes will glance off and the average person will not acknowledge them, or notice them in any way.

We haven't done duplication abilities previously because Mitosis explicitly was the only known Epic in the world with that ability.

1 minute ago, antgrgmn said:

Hide contents

That's a neat concept. Taking Mitosis' power, but weakening it, and adding a twist to compensate for that. I do agree that for this RP you'll want to decrease the cooldown. Maybe 1 hour?

One question: How much autonomy do the clones have? 

They are literal clones, so they are the same person with the same level of autonomy. The one that has been alive the longest has some control, but that’s mostly for mass coordination and to prevent chaos. But if it’s canon that mitosis was the only one then I guess it wouldn’t work. 

EDIT: Perhaps cloning is different enough that it could still work.

Edited by antgrgmn

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Hmm. It seems we have a trend of 19 year old characters.

I did notice that. I can probably explain why, too.

Most of us are teens, right? So that means we have only vicarious experience with adulting. However, we all know and acknowledge that most teens - we included, sometimes - are pretty dumb.

Not wanting all of our characters to be a bunch of teenage superpowered drama queens, we have made them old enough to be mature while keeping them young enough that we can relate sufficiently to write them.

Additionally, some of us may have been hesitant to reveal our ages until some ice was broken by Twi's appearance the other day, and writing a character that is your age - my first instinct, personally - seems like a sure way to do that.

27 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

I did notice that. I can probably explain why, too.

Most of us are teens, right? So that means we have only vicarious experience with adulting. However, we all know and acknowledge that most teens - we included, sometimes - are pretty dumb.

Not wanting all of our characters to be a bunch of teenage superpowered drama queens, we have made them old enough to be mature while keeping them young enough that we can relate sufficiently to write them.

Additionally, some of us may have been hesitant to reveal our ages until some ice was broken by Twi's appearance the other day, and writing a character that is your age - my first instinct, personally - seems like a sure way to do that.

I first started writing Nathan and Funtimes when I was 24, and they’re both 22. I think it’s natural on some level to write characters close to your own age, though when I was a teen, I definitely wrote characters slightly older than I was. 

Yess!  First upvote!

It looks as if I'm the exception to the rule then.

EDIT: About Jacklyn's role, maybe Genki Girl????  I've been researching TV tropes and that's the best I could find. 

EDIT 2: maybe a tsundere leaning on the dere, as opposed to ray’s tsun?

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

3 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yess!  First upvote!

It looks as if I'm the exception to the rule then.

EDIT: About Jacklyn's role, maybe Genki Girl????  I've been researching TV tropes and that's the best I could find. 

EDIT 2: maybe a tsundere leaning on the dere, as opposed to ray’s tsun?

Nah, Kokichi’s 4 years older than me and I actually don’t know how old Red is.

Kokichi’s far closer to Genki, even if they aren’t a girl and hopefully won’t be part of that. What about the darudere? 

19 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Shhh... Go to sleep. 

EDIT: I feel like Insight and Kokichi could have a feelings jam about angsty butterfly symbolism. 

I feel that.  I saw a monarch reference in one if your posts  and liked it.  

10 hours ago, Kidpen said:

@Comatose So, if I were to completely hypothetically have a character who is hunting you down and trying to either kill you or beat you in a musical competition, how much of Taylor Swift's will I need to read before bringing them in, and where would I see said Taylor Swift's story?

So you want to take out Taylor Swift? Basically you need proof she’s not who she says she is, so a factoid she doesn’t know or catching her in a lie.  

I am by no means a super fan and she is so I’m gonna assume she knows everything I do, so you’ll either have to stump me or make something up that I can’t contradict haha.  

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

Tempted to have Scribbler pass by Taylor and notice her using Emma's face but I think I've used my allotted number of coincidental meetings for the day :P

I mean, I wouldn’t be opposed to actually getting to RP Taylor with someone.   

1 minute ago, Comatose said:

So you want to take out Taylor Swift? Basically you need proof she’s not who she says she is, so a factoid she doesn’t know or catching her in a lie.  

I am by no means a super fan and she is so I’m gonna assume she knows everything I do, so you’ll either have to stump me or make something up that I can’t contradict haha.  

My character wants to take out Taylor Swift. I'm good with however it ends up. I'm just wondering where and how much of her story I'll need to read before bringing in said character.

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Let’s make an Epic that’s increasing coincidences canon, at least in our fanon, so we have an excuse for all this. I’m already assuming Moral Guardian is and I’m planning to reference him.

We can say that they work for Blank, and they ask the person to bring people here because REDACTED.

EDIT: Also, I CAN'T wait until Taylor sees Jacklyn ^_^

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

We can say that they work for Blank, and they ask the person to bring people here because REDACTED.

EDIT: Also, I CAN'T wait until Taylor sees Jacklyn ^_^

I meant an unattached one without any connections to blank or other characters.

7 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I meant an unattached one without any connections to blank or other characters.

Yeah but that is BOORING.

Or maybe they could be with Nicroburst.  He would like that.

EDIT: Did you know I checked my notifications yesterday and it listed "Quoted by Winter Devotion in Question 21"  13 times?  In a row.

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yeah but that is BOORING.

Or maybe they could be with Nicroburst.  He would like that.

EDIT: Did you know I checked my notifications yesterday and it listed "Quoted by Winter Devotion in Question 21"  13 times?  In a row.

I guess. If you want they can be an actual character.

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Let’s make an Epic that’s increasing coincidences canon, at least in our fanon, so we have an excuse for all this. I’m already assuming Moral Guardian is and I’m planning to reference him.

I may or may not have been considering a joke post in the WHOOC thread featuring that guy. :ph34r:

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles