12 hours ago, winter devotion said:

MY REACTION TOO! 

I always thought Edge was a guy.

12 hours ago, winter devotion said:

How old’s everyone here anyway? You don’t have to say, I’m just curious. I’m fifteen. (I’ve lied a bit in the past, so if the years don’t precisely match up, them that’s why. But I’m not lying now.)

I'm 14 in 7 days.

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

Child Online Privacy Protection Act. In theory we could formally allow it but there's... legal issues that you have to do to let kids under 13 to have accounts online. It's tedious and I am not a lawyer.

(Though I guess Comatose is a lawyer, but in Canada.)

My Dad's a lawyer.  He could help you.

Here's how I imagine the Redlyn scene going.

*Red tackles Jacklyn*

"Wut did I do???"

"You abandoned me,"  Red snarled, jerking Jacklyn's collar up towards her face.

Jacklyn thought quickly.  "But... I told you to follow me!"

Deception check:  Profeciency in Deception, Power gives Expertise, Prof bonus +2, Cha +5.

*rolls a twelve*

Jaclyn: 21?

Red: Dang it.

14 hours ago, Weirdpersonx said:

That and get Coma active again. He's been off for a while, at least here.

I’m still around!  Just busy and barely keeping up with how fast this question is moving (I forgot it could be like this haha). 

Welcome back Twi!!

4 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Here's how I imagine the Redlyn scene going.

*Red tackles Jacklyn*

"Wut did I do???"

"You abandoned me,"  Red snarled, jerking Jacklyn's collar up towards her face.

Jacklyn thought quickly.  "But... I told you to follow me!"

Deception check:  Profeciency in Deception, Power gives Expertise, Prof bonus +2, Cha +5.

*rolls a twelve*

Jaclyn: 21?

Red: Dang it.

Definitely not. Red wouldn’t say anything, wouldn’t snarl or grab. Shed also know Jacklyn was lying based on her heartbeat.  

9 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Jacklyn's power would have a chance of trumping that.

But anyways, there goes that.

No, it wouldn’t. 

Also, Blank shouldn’t be able to interact with Kokichi and Liam. They’re technically “obvious looking” but nobody can actually tell that they’re there. 

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I thought the post said that they couldn't deliver the message that they were there to anyone?

EDIT: And wouldn't they be out of Kokichi's range?

Plus, Blank isn't going to interfere in the fight itself.  They're just watching.

That includes actually interacting with them. They might be able to “see them” from a distance but their message would end up off by a hilariously appropriate distance.

It’s not about the fight, it’s abiut Kokichi. (Though the fight’s definitely close enough to be affected)

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

Okay.  We'll say that the message ended up in front of Impact, but Blank hasn't realized it yet.

I still think that since the message is to Kokichi it shouldn't be affected with your wording of that post, but that's just me being grumpy that my fun plan was ruined.

My wording was a bit ambiguous, sorry. I’ll try to make it clearer in future posts. 

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

It's fine.  I just thought that sometimes the tropes cut both ways based on how you said others could weaponize them too, but apparently I'm wrong.  Kokichi being able to control WHICH tropes they trigger is a HUGE advantage.

No, they can’t control it. They’re just really good at figuring out which cues to express to cause each one to trigger. Only someone else equally genre savvy could probably figure it out and just dangling a an illusion of paper won’t cut it. Pun intended.

Just now, winter devotion said:

No, they can’t control it. They’re just really good at figuring out which cues to express to cause each one to trigger. Only someone else equally genre savvy could probably figure it out and just dangling a an illusion of paper won’t cut it. Pun intended.

Or someone with an ability that could help with that...

I just realized that Nicroburst is pretty genre-savvy as well.  Unfortunately, we've barely seen him yet.

34 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Or someone with an ability that could help with that...

I just realized that Nicroburst is pretty genre-savvy as well.  Unfortunately, we've barely seen him yet.

The cuckoolanders and the genre savvy, of which Kokichi is both, are the ones who’d best be able to use it without resorting to trying to traumatize Kokichi into impotence.

9 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

And Jacklyn.  But she's a special case.

No, she shouldn’t know how to use it. She’d actually find it even harder to control than anyone else, because anything she does will have the love bubble background or cause certain body parts to act unnaturally — ie, bouncing more and drawing attention. Also, she’d be prone to the trope of people accidentally finding her in awkward situations or grabbing her. Basically, she’d be a character in a harem anime that’s relatively PG. The scenery would conspire to make sure things are always inappropriate, but never end up showing anything that will break the established rating of the RP. On the plus side, she’d have the ability to punch anyone who saw her super hard, maybe through the wall.  

No, she shouldn’t know how to use it. She’d actually find it even harder to control than anyone else, because anything she does will have the love bubble background or cause certain body parts to act unnaturally — ie, bouncing more and drawing attention. Also, she’d be prone to the trope of people accidentally finding her in awkward situations or grabbing her. Basically, she’d be a character in a harem anime that’s relatively PG. The scenery would conspire to make sure things are always inappropriate, but never end up showing anything that will break the established rating of the RP. On the plus side, she’d have the ability to punch anyone who saw her super hard, maybe through the wall.  

She already has the Harem-anime powers.  Except less strong, and without the punching.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

She already has the Harem-anime powers.  Except less strong, and without the punching.

It’d basically be stronger. Actually, maybe not the punching. She doesn’t strike me as a tsundere. Which harem trope would you describe her as? Given she’s an Epic, Yandere would make sense but if we’re going for the “eventually joins Nighthound’s messed up harem of squick” plan, then Red’s already got that role and Ray is the tsundere.

It’d basically be stronger. Actually, maybe not the punching. She doesn’t strike me as a tsundere. Which harem trope would you describe her as? Given she’s an Epic, Yandere would make sense but if we’re going for the “eventually joins Nighthound’s messed up harem of squick” plan, then Red’s already got that role and Ray is the tsundere.

Part of her powers is that they help her find what a person would be attracted to, and help her slot into that role.  That's why her character changed so quickly with Epoch.  I hinted at it too, with her powers improving her acting abilities.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Part of her powers is that they help her find what a person would be attracted to, and help her slot into that role.  That's why her character changed so quickly with Epoch.  I hinted at it too, with her powers improving her acting abilities.

Do they change who she is or how she’s perceived? Internal vs external, basically. 

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Internal.

So I guess the question is what empty roles there will be in Nighthound’s new Academy For Squick.

edit: I mean obviously she’s the fan service girl, but beyond that.

Edited by winter devotion