2,446 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I just realized something.  Edmonton is in more danger of getting destroyed than Oregon was.  We have already come up with many scenarios that would lead to everyone dying.

What if, instead, certain characters realize that it's coming like e have, and then we have some people sorry of switch goals to save Edmonton from the others?

A cool scenario could go like this: Nate has heard horror story after horror story of Nighthound. Refugees from Portland (maybe other places? I haven't read them) have actually lived through them, which is how Nate heard. Nate had already had an idea on the back of his head that he wanted to found a new branch of the Survivors from Lost Vegans. They warn everybody of the destruction that is imminent, but that just let's the predicted culprits know exactly how to destroy it. Arachnerd still fully intends to kill Bloodlight, but realizes that she needs Karabiner to have his power first so they can save the city. However, she finds that Karabiner fully intends to use the Circuit to permanently overpower himself, and that it could make the Circuit equally powerful. This would be bad for everybody, because then Karabiner, Borrower, Nicroburst, and Upgrade would all have ALL OF THE POWERS. IN AM INFINITE AMOUNT. So, she changes plans, works with Bloodlight, ERA, and some others to keep Armageddon, Quietus, Impact, and especially Kokichi away from the fully assembled Circuit, though they're prefer to keep the Circuit itself apart. Team Enditall isn't quite fast enough to get Circuit powered before Bloodlight does, making the whole city invincible just in time to get destroyed in any of several ways. It's all over. Then Bloodlight's lingering effect brings it back, and Team Saveitfornow renews is fight against Team Enditall, eventually leaving most of them dead. For good.

Sorry for the focus on my characters, I know them best and they have some interesting effects when Circuitized.

Who likes it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down. What I could do to spice things up is have Phyto go rogue and join Team Enditall, with Ironwood staying with the ERA. That would give me some nice opportunities to show off what I had in mind for Phyto's true combat capabilities.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the case that the city is is critical danger, the Circle of the Shield may step in with force. 

However, I feel like it will become a race to contain the elements of the Circuit before it can be assembled once this possibility becomes well known. Would Nicroburst actually want to involve himself with this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

In the case that the city is is critical danger, the Circle of the Shield may step in with force. 

However, I feel like it will become a race to contain the elements of the Circuit before it can be assembled once this possibility becomes well known. Would Nicroburst actually want to involve himself with this?

Do we know if it's possible for an enhancer to affect tech? I wouldn't think so, but we're already stretching the rules and Tayahound + Circuit would be really..  interesting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sazedezas said:

What if, instead, certain characters realize that it's coming like e have, and then we have some people sorry of switch goals to save Edmonton from the others?

A cool scenario could go like this: Nate has heard horror story after horror story of Nighthound. Refugees from Portland (maybe other places? I haven't read them) have actually lived through them, which is how Nate heard. Nate had already had an idea on the back of his head that he wanted to found a new branch of the Survivors from Lost Vegans. They warn everybody of the destruction that is imminent, but that just let's the predicted culprits know exactly how to destroy it. Arachnerd still fully intends to kill Bloodlight, but realizes that she needs Karabiner to have his power first so they can save the city. However, she finds that Karabiner fully intends to use the Circuit to permanently overpower himself, and that it could make the Circuit equally powerful. This would be bad for everybody, because then Karabiner, Borrower, Nicroburst, and Upgrade would all have ALL OF THE POWERS. IN AM INFINITE AMOUNT. So, she changes plans, works with Bloodlight, ERA, and some others to keep Armageddon, Quietus, Impact, and especially Kokichi away from the fully assembled Circuit, though they're prefer to keep the Circuit itself apart. Team Enditall isn't quite fast enough to get Circuit powered before Bloodlight does, making the whole city invincible just in time to get destroyed in any of several ways. It's all over. Then Bloodlight's lingering effect brings it back, and Team Saveitfornow renews is fight against Team Enditall, eventually leaving most of them dead. For good.

Sorry for the focus on my characters, I know them best and they have some interesting effects when Circuitized.

Who likes it?

First the introduction of E88, and now a prophecy that the city will be destroyed?

Oh dear.

Also, at this point I should probably mention that Epoch is slowly setting the stage for a move that has the potential to escelate the turf war and antagonize certain people. Depending on when the circuit gains prominence as a macguffin of doom, this might affect how the coalitions end up being formed.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

First the introduction of E88, and now a prophecy that the city will be destroyed?

Stop doing this to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Would Nicroburst actually want to involve himself with this?

Maybe.  However, his power works involuntarily, so they could just kidnap him and use him without his consent.  They'd have to find him for that though.  And beat him, because he has an awesome fighting style that works best if he gets the drop on you.

Also, I propose a third mega-faction if we go through with this: the illusionists.  Because if they worked together they would be really strong.

I think we should wait on this though, because I want to see what Epoch's move is.  The Mystery Epic is preparing for whatever happens, and will probably mobilize if Epoch does.  If they don't, they certainly will when Taya transforms.  And then you will get to see the true power of a ranged illusionist gifter with undisclosed abilities.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Stop doing this to me.

Spoiler

"If the flap of a butterfly’s wing can alter the course of a hurricane, what am I doing when I take a human life?"

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read your post, and I'm not sure how to respond.  

Option 1: Refuse to answer.  Jacklyn wouldn't like this because she doesn't want to die.  However, she is only really cautious because she is forced to be.  She isn't this cautious naturally.

Option 2: Tell the truth.  Jacklyn wouldn't like this because she is embarrassed about her powerset, and because she is nervous that if she doesn't prove useful, she

Option 3: Lie.  This would be easily disproved

Any advice?.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Maybe.  However, his power works involuntarily, so they could just kidnap him and use him without his consent.  They'd have to find him for that though.  And beat him, because he has an awesome fighting style that works best if he gets the drop on you.

Also, I propose a third mega-faction if we go through with this: the illusionists.  Because if they worked together they would be really strong.

I think we should wait on this though, because I want to see what Epoch's move is.  The Mystery Epic is preparing for whatever happens, and will probably mobilize if Epoch does.  If they don't, they certainly will when Taya transforms.  And then you will get to see the true power of a ranged illusionist gifter with undisclosed abilities.

 

What would the goal of the Illusionists faction be? Besides be awesome. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, can I get some Nighthound horror stories for Nate's next post? They need to be from the perspective of the witnesses, who he needs to meet somewhere outside of O.P.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sazedezas said:

Hey, can I get some Nighthound horror stories for Nate's next post? They need to be from the perspective of the witnesses, who he needs to meet somewhere outside of O.P.

Have you not read through Oregon? I recommend doing so, in parts for reference and in parts because it's amazing and a great read. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

What would the goal of the Illusionists faction be? Besides be awesome. 

That depends.  Typhon would probably want to protect his people and the general public, and even I don't know what the mystery Epic wants.

By the way, I've told you guys his Epic name in the Edmonton thread, and I'm waiting to see how long it is before someone other than Drake gets it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Do we know if it's possible for an enhancer to affect tech? I wouldn't think so, but we're already stretching the rules and Tayahound + Circuit would be really..  interesting. 

If you really wanted to enhance Tayahound and make it more horrifying (and honestly, why would you ever want to do that :P), Taya could still gain the powers I originally intended for her, in addition to sharing a body with Nighthound... That combination could legitimately become nightmare fuel, even without somebody like Nighthound as the person using it.

23 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I just read your post, and I'm not sure how to respond.  

Option 1: Refuse to answer.  Jacklyn wouldn't like this because she doesn't want to die.  However, she is only really cautious because she is forced to be.  She isn't this cautious naturally.

Option 2: Tell the truth.  Jacklyn wouldn't like this because she is embarrassed about her powerset, and because she is nervous that if she doesn't prove useful, she

Option 3: Lie.  This would be easily disproved

Any advice?.

Jacklyn is in a difficult position, here, because the current emotion Epoch feels towards her that is being amplified is distrust. And Epoch is already naturally a little paranoid. Even if she did tell the truth, Epoch would probably think that she is lying to conceal a more powerful ability.

Assuming Jacklyn isn't scheduled for a meeting with Quietus, her best bet is probably to do something to challenge Epoch's perception of distrust before her power strengthens it too much. In Jacklyn's favor, Epoch's suspicion has already been challenged in part by her first reply.

She could try lying and making up a more impressive power set that is for some reason impossible to verify. Depending on the nature of the lie, Epoch might conceivably believe her for some time. And if I understand Jacklyn's powers correctly, the longer he believes her, the stronger that trust will grow, so that if later evidence came to light that she lied, Epoch would feel more inclined to overlook that evidence.

Or she could try doing something so unexpected it defuses his paranoia. This could produce interesting results, but I have no way of predicting what they would be.

8 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

What would the goal of the Illusionists faction be? Besides be awesome. 

Barring a stronger reason to get dragged into this, I can see the South Commoners taking one of two approaches.

One, they shelter in place, maintaining the Typhon ruse and praying Typhon's reputation protects them from too many epics taking the fight into their territory. This could get interesting if some people did attack South Common.

Two, evacuate from all the fighting epics. They could try to get the sparks out of dodge, and take as many civilians with as possible. This could also get interesting, if groups of them became caught in the crossfire.

At the end of the day though, South Common fundamentally isn't all that interested in fighting the other epics, unless they have to. The folks in charge of it are actually kind of pissed off by people who take that approach (read: Reckoners).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, is Jacklyn redeemed, or just not strong enough to be able to do whatever the heck she wants?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kidpen said:

Btw, is Jacklyn redeemed, or just not strong enough to be able to do whatever the heck she wants?

Minor Epics are affected less badly, and passives don't corrupt that much, so bit of both.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m reading some more of Worm. It’s pretty interesting. 

Edit: robbing a bank. Just. Casually robbing a bank. 

Edited by winter devotion
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Enhanced characters:
Enhanced Neverthere I actually have trouble thinking about, she's pretty much as strong as an astral projector can be, she just has no other powers to make much use of it.
Enhanced Impact = The Metal from Astoria.
Enhanced Scribbler = god pretty much, she's a straight up reality definer, if her restrictions of needing to write things down were removed then she could pretty much just do whatever she wants.
Enhanced MV = I'm really not sure on this one, maybe expand her powerset into being able to freely manipulate momentum instead of just transfer it from one thing to another.
Enhanced Iva = Anti-Calamity. Could instantly cancel any Epics abilities permanently. Unfortunately he's also straight up immune to powers as a passive so this could never happen :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, hello, Reckoners people. I've been thinking of joining your ranks. How many actual RP threads are there, and what order are they in so I can read all of them?

It'll probably make me go insane, but I pretty much am already.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AonEne said:

Um, hello, Reckoners people. I've been thinking of joining your ranks. How many actual RP threads are there, and what order are they in so I can read all of them?

It'll probably make me go insane, but I pretty much am already.

Heh. So, the current thing is just one thread. You don't need to read the other one's to understand it, it's started pretty recently. What Happened in Edmonton. The other threads could be fun to read, but no particular order iirc. All self contained RPs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the active one?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The top one

EDIT: I like how Liam *forgot* to mention that Kokichi was an Epic.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for Phytomagnet: I'm going to have the scouts he left behind reporting in, they found a trail but missed the van heading into the refinery. Phyto will call Epoch, giving a final report (did Epoch respond to his last one?) and ask for any further directions other than securing the food production.

Also!!!!!: How do cell signals work through the time zones?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.