Random idea. I haven't been keeping track that well, so sorry if this doesn't make sense, but what if we get Nighthound redeemed soon after coming in to the RP? Redeemed Nighthound could be interesting. 

Just now, Kidpen said:

Random idea. I haven't been keeping track that well, so sorry if this doesn't make sense, but what if we get Nighthound redeemed soon after coming in to the RP? Redeemed Nighthound could be interesting. 

And then Nighthound lived...

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

You said were instead of we're.

EDIT: Kidpen, read the end of question 20.

That's what gave me the idea. Just because he's corrupted at first doesn't mean he can't be redeemed. We just need to orchestrate it carefully.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Nighthound would probably still be corrupted, because Nighthound's consciousness would presumably still reside in the tissue sample that powers the motivator.

Taya would not be corrupted, no. Or at least, more or less as uncorrupted as you can be when you hear Nighthound's voice in your head constantly.

That sounds like a good way to keep the influence seperated.

Now I'm considering how the dynamic might develop if Nighthound acts remotely courteous to her in an attempt to win her over.

Just now, Kidpen said:

Me thinks I need to make his return count so people remember how the guy works. :ph34r:
(Seriously though, full repemption would be impossible without running into Larcener and he'd need to have his powers on constantly because of the motivator, meaning no corruption would be impossible. Though I suppose it could be maintained at a low state. Though the means needed to bet there would be... interesting.)

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I think that Nighthound, like Obliteration, is one of the people who would do what they do even when uncorrupted.

At this point, Nighthound is pretty much beyond saving, but he would have turned out very differently if given his powers without Calamity's influence.

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

That sounds like a good way to keep the influence seperated.

Now I'm considering how the dynamic might develop if Nighthound acts remotely courteous to her in an attempt to win her over.

Me thinks I need to make his return count so people remember how the guy works. :ph34r:
(Seriously though, full repemption would be impossible without running into Larcener and he'd need to have his powers on constantly because of the motivator, meaning no corruption would be impossible. Though I suppose it could be maintained at a low state. Though the means needed to bet there would be... interesting.)

At this point, Nighthound is pretty much beyond saving, but he would have turned out very differently if given his powers without Calamity's influence.

What would he be like without corruption? 

30 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

And then Taya becomes the evil one... :ph34r:

Seriously though, I don't think losing the corruption factor would be nearly enough to redeem Nighthound at this point. Even by epic standards he is laughably evil, so I don't think we can chalk it up purely to corruption.

17 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

That sounds delightfuly terrible. Make his return felt by the hapless peoples of Edmonton.

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I just realized something. Edmonton is in more danger of getting destroyed than Oregon was. We have already come up with many scenarios that would lead to everyone dying.

Just you wait :ph34r:

It would actually be somewhat interesting to wrap up the Edmonton RP with the city getting trashed and a lot of people dying, but then to revisit the setting in a new thread with the survivors and some new epics in the aftermath of a cataclysmic event.

6 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I just realized something.  Edmonton is in more danger of getting destroyed than Oregon was.  We have already come up with many scenarios that would lead to everyone dying.

I mean, destruction really is the easiest end game and can be pretty fun. 

Also, is there a rough estimate for the in game time until Tayahound?

I was looking through some drawings I was using for references and realized the actor who plays Loki — the Avengers one, not the Norse one— with his hair in a ponytail would play a good Nighthound. Well. An evil Nighthound, but a well acted one.

Edited by winter devotion