Shardbearers Vs. Space Marines

OmegaDarkMatter

So i just got done listening to the Shardcast: The Missing Shardblades. And after having the topic come up about the night of sorrows and the infinite sea I started to ponder why no one stated the obvious, the infinite sea obviously refers to space. We assume that the survivors of the old human world all came there through Shadesmar...but what if that isnt the case? What if they actually just barley escaped with space ships, (see the opening to Titan AE) What if the night of sorrows, is the day when who ever, or what ever is on damnation comes a looking for the ones who got away?

OKOK let me back up a bit. It is my theory that Damnation and the Tranquiline Halls, may be the same place, but at 2 different times of its development. Damnation is what it is now, Tranquiline Halls referring to before humans basically destroyed it. With this in mind the Heralds had made a pact that they would return to Damnation and attempt to stall/destroy/save/have a party with a dragon...ok maybe not that last one, but attempt to stop what ever is left on that planet. (this of course doesnt answer what them giving up really means).

ok with that being said, lets say that the oath pact being broken has basically allowed the residence of damnation to flourish and progress, to the point that they have mustered there armies and are now finally building space crafts to chase down the ones who fled. In other words WHAT IF THERE ARE SPACE MARINES COMING!!!!!

This could mean that there is a magic based, faction of space marines that are looking to invade other worlds, Waring and eventually adding new magic systems to there arsenal. Could that be what Harmony was focused on? will this be the thing that becomes the great threat when we get Mistborn in space? IDK this all just filled my mind and I might be getting MANY key factors wrong, but at the very least, WOULDNT THAT BE AWESOME?

Totally cool idea @OmegaDarkMatter, but like it's been pointed out it doesn't quite fit the facts. The idea of Era 4 Space Marines invading Roshar from the Origin of Storms is freaking awesome, definitely worthy of some fan art or some fan fiction.

Haha @Fanghur Rahl there's actually a WoB on this.

ASTALDUATH

After reading The Way of Kings, I couldn't help but to wonder this: hypothetically if there were two equally skilled combatants in every way, one armed with a Shardblade and the other with a Lightsaber, and take magic and the Force out of the equation (except for the weapons themselves), who would win? And yes, the Shardblade would have already been summoned and the two are just squaring off in a dual. Have fun with it.

BRANDON SANDERSON

A lightsaber is actually a little more easy to wield than a Shardblade, I would guess. Shardblades were designed to fight something larger than another person; you don't actually need all of that size when fighting someone. So that gives a slight edge to you average Jedi. If it's someone like Szeth, who has a more modestly sized Blade, then I don't honestly know.

• Chaos locked this topic