Create A Typical Main Character!

Basically, put what genre this character is from, and then a description of them/ introduction to their character. Try to make them as typical a main character for that genre as you can.  You can also include stuff that's true but wouldn't typically be included in a book (like how bad your character is at making descisions). Self aware characters are great!

For Example, this is my attempt at a YA dystopian/romance heroine:

My name is Lena, short for Magdelana. I'm ordinary, but pretty, with bright blue eyes. I love art, music, and reading. I also have a great, but slightly weird, fashion sense. I have a unique ability that only 5% of the population has, but I hate my powers. I want to be normal. I absolutely love my parents and sibling, but I don't always agree with them. I'm just different.  I'm also super athletic, even though I never excercise and rarely spend time outside, though I do love nature. People always underestimate me because I'm a girl, but I'm the best, and can do anything I want without any consequences or problems. I'm also not very good at social interactions, but we all ignore that and pretend it's everyone else's fault when I fight with them.

There you go! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Hope I put it in the right forum thingy.

Edited by Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper

Fantasy villain

My name is Karandrak of the scarlet blade. My eyes inspire raw fear in the hearts and minds of my slaves. I glow with an energy that brings the princes of the realm to their knees. My powers allow me to reduce the strongest of fortresses to rubble. I like to torture my enemies and conquer kingdoms. I am tall and broad of body. I have no friends and I have no desire to have any. I am calculating and I have no heart. I can be charming when I need to be and hide my true intentions until it is too late. My peers underestimated me and I destroyed them all. Rivers of blood turn the sea's ruby. None can stand before me and I shall live forever.

Picture Book

My name's Barry! It's so nice to meet you! I'm a small animal with abnormally large eyes. I live in a miniature house or a massive borough, I can't remember which. My memory is very poor. Maybe you can help! Help me count the sheep! One. Two. Three. Three sheep! Wasn't that fun? 

I wear clothes, and use human tools like mirrors and plates. That makes me happy. When I'm happy, I smile, even though that's a sign of aggression among my species. But I'm not your typical animal. Can normal animals talk? Or carry a conversation? No! That makes me special. I have no fear of humans. I'll show you! Group hug! 

I also have the rabies. DIE HOOMAN! NO ONE MESSES WITH BARRY AND LIVES TO TELL THE TALE! NO ONE! 

Edited by Archer

Stereotypical Adventure Narrative Main Character.

Hey. My name's Nuck Chorris, and I'm the main character. I travel around the world, and can survive in situations where no one else can, with no knowledge of my surroundings, because I'm just hardcore like that. I usually have at least a couple of scars to remind me of my dark past, and can occasionally get flashbacks. I may or may not have a snarky sense of humour, depending in the time, but when push comes to shove, I'm a mean, killing machine with mastery of every weapon in existence.

Sometimes, I also hang out with my adventure crew. There's the nerd, who's only slightly smarter than me, and the brute, who's only slightly stronger than me. There's also the love interest, who's almost just as good at everything as I am but slightly worse. am the main character, after all. So if you need someone who's freakishly obsessed with general knowledge to uncover deep buried treasure, you know who to call.

I also really hate snakes.

Stereotypical Spy Main Character

Hello. I am the spy. I'm usually the best in my business, and all my peers are jealous of me. Sometimes I speak in a posh accent as well, making sarcastic quips as I defeat the bad guys. I'm a ladies man, and a master of all martial arts ever conceives, as well as a polylinguist, because you suspension of belief seems to extend infinitely when it comes to us spies. My agency, who is top secret, only asks me to do the most dangerous of missions, usually equipping me with some highly impractical gadgets that look cool as bullocks. I can see clues no one else can, because I'm also a detective, and when it comes to shooting, I always hit my mark, regardless of whether physics has a say in it or not.

Sometimes, my arch-enemy, who is usually someone fat, pale, and dressed in black spandex, catches me, and when he does, he often puts me in a really slow trap that will slowly kill me if I don't do something fast. Then I use my Chekov's Gadgets to escape, with or without my theme music playing, and will catch every bad guy in the act, except for the arch-enemy, because face it, we need some sequel money.

Oh, what's my name, you ask?

It's Bond.

Nahel Bond.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Stereotypical Spy Main Character

Hello. I am the spy. I'm usually the best in my business, and all my peers are jealous of me. Sometimes I speak in a posh accent as well, making sarcastic quips as I defeat the bad guys. I'm a ladies man, and a master of all martial arts ever conceives, as well as a polylinguist, because you suspension of belief seems to extend infinitely when it comes to us spies. My agency, who is top secret, only asks me to do the most dangerous of missions, usually equipping me with some highly impractical gadgets that look cool as bullocks. I can see clues no one else can, because I'm also a detective, and when it comes to shooting, I always hit my mark, regardless of whether physics has a say in it or not.

Sometimes, my arch-enemy, who is usually someone fat, pale, and dressed in black spandex, catches me, and when he does, he often puts me in a really slow trap that will slowly kill me if I don't do something fast. Then I use my Chekov's Gadgets to escape, with or without my theme music playing, and will catch every bad guy in the act, except for the arch-enemy, because face it, we need some sequel money.

Oh, what's my name, you ask?

It's Bond.

Nahel Bond.

Concept art of this "Nahel Bond"

Spoiler

Image result for backyardigans super spy pablo

Stereotypical Shonen Anime Protagonist 

Hi, I'm a young male who has powers rivaling those of the strongest beings in the world/universe! I never give up on anything or anyone, even when what I'm doing is super dumb. I'm also invincible, because my power always grows according to how powerful my opponent is! Oh, and I'm also invincible because I have friends. Not like anyone else has those. Also, I'm always cut as heck, whether I'm a skinny and five feet tall or ripped and seven feet tall. You can call me Sun Natsu.

to be honest there are probably a lot of people who can do this a lot better than me --I've never even seen a single episode of a  shonen anime, and I've never even finished any anime series(unless you count A:tLA or RWBY.) All the knowledge I have comes from prolonged internet exposure. Still, this was fun to do.