Mankind or Singers  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which side would you choose?

• Mankind
    • The Singers
    • I don't know I'd let my spren guide me

Well on the one hand, technically the Singers are fighting an anti-colonialist war of liberation against Mankind. They have the right of it.

On the other hand, they're being led by a magical serial killer fuelled by the distilled power of God's divine hatred, who wants to wipe out all the less misanthropic gods and turn the entire universe into his personal never-ending slaughterhouse. 

Go Team Human.

Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist

I will make a confession when i was playing Knights of the Old Republic(starwars video game) what pushed me into joining the DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE rather than the benevolent Jedi way was because uhmm they have cooler powers (and lightsaber).

So for sure i'm joining which side has the cooler powers morality and ethics be damned lol. Radiants seem to have cooler powers so likely i'll join them(even if i don't get spren cause i clearly don't have the attitude for it).

Edited by goody153

17 minutes ago, goody153 said:

I will make a confession when i was playing Knights of the Old Republic(starwars video game) what pushed me into joining the DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE rather than the benevolent Jedi way was because uhmm they have cooler powers (and lightsaber).

The Dark Side stories were so much more interesting, too. I had a blast playing the imperial agent story. (Your confession is way more amusing to me since your handle is Goody :P)

I'm going with Human on this one for boring reasons, however. It's only because that's the primary POV we've had so far. If the story had been flipped, I likely would have voted the other way.

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] Which side

Depend if I keep my near omniscient reader pov. Then I would take neither side and point out to each leader how the conflict is the enemy, conflict that mainly benefit one player, Odium, who is playing both side, humanity and singer, against Cultivation and actually the rest of the verse. After that try to figure out what the hell is going on with all them worldhoper and that whole investiture shard of a dead god going on. 
If I can't and I am simply a inhabitant of Roshar, I would probably go for team Human, but I would be cautious which team human we are talking about. Mr T's team? Dalinar the reformed monster, or other player. Let's not even talk about the other Human around there but that would assume I have an extensive knowledge of what's going on on Roshar.
The singer while the original inhabitant and victim of slavery and other abuse have my sympathy, especially since they tend to put in place a system that's a lot fairer than human in some respect have those crazy flying dude and those unmade that  would give me the creeps.

I think you should add a "Follow Taln around like a little puppy" option too.

That's what I would do if I was in-world, not just for his amazing body guard skills while in a partially vegetative state (viz when he saved Amaram from Iyatl's blow dart), but also for the fact that he is the moral center of the Cosmere. I mean, he finds out he was abandoned to suffer in damnation alone for 1000 years and he cries from happiness that this act of betrayal gave Humanity 1000 years rebuild. Solid guy.

If I was a Skybreaker, my 3rd ideal would be to follow Taln like a puppy.

Since for now mortals on both sides are fighting over dirt ( and their right to be free / exist but who cares about that ), i'd probably just sit back and watch until we get a better understanding of Odium's motivations and goals, that's assuming i'm a world-hopper shilling on Roshar of course..

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Debatable, really, after so long spent under Odium's influence. I mean even Ati was barely human by the time Hero of Ages happened, and he was a good person. Rayse...wasn't.

Wow you guys are so serious.( i'm sorry it was a joke or a poor excuse of a joke)

Edited by goody153

I picked up on the joke...the xD tipped me off...but at the same time, do we know Rayse was human before he took up the shard of Odium? At least one of the shards wasn't human (according to coppermind, Uli Da was not human), but at least one isn't exactly one or no more than one...so Rayse could be a dragon...or a cremling :D

3 minutes ago, Juanaton said:

I picked up on the joke...the xD tipped me off...but at the same time, do we know Rayse was human before he took up the shard of Odium? At least one of the shards wasn't human (according to coppermind, Uli Da was not human), but at least one isn't exactly one or no more than one...so Rayse could be a dragon...or a cremling :D

We do

Questioner

I wanted to ask, is the Shardbearer [Vessel] of Odium a human?

Brandon Sanderson

Not any longer.

Questioner

Ok, that's... I didn't expect that one.

Brandon Sanderson

But what the answer to your question you really want to know is, was he originally human?

Questioner

Yeah.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. That's a good question! But I don't think he counts anymore.

Footnote: Rayse is the Vessel of Odium
source

He's still a cremling

Edited by Extesian

6 hours ago, goody153 said:

Hey such dehumanization Rayse is human too !  xD

Is he though?

Questioner

I wanted to ask, is the Shardbearer [Vessel] of Odium a human?

Brandon Sanderson

Not any longer.

Questioner

Ok, that's... I didn't expect that one.

Brandon Sanderson

But what the answer to your question you really want to know is, was he originally human?

Questioner

Yeah.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. That's a good question! But I don't think he counts anymore.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

• Pagerunner changed the title to Which side
  • Chaos locked this topic