What would you do with a bead of Lerasium?

The Gecko

I'd split it in half, then alloy one with zinc, and one with brass. I wonder if an atium-lerasium alloy would make one a feruchemist...

EDIT: It would probably just make Harmonium... which should really be called Sazedium. What would happen if you skewed the values of the two? Change how much of each were in it. Would it become even more volatile than Harmonium?

Edited by Ark1002

34 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

It would probably just make Harmonium...

It wouldn't. Harmonium is not an alloy. 

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He said ettmetal is chemically reactive, not nuclear.

The longer answer makes it sound like Harmonium isn't a Lerasium/Atium alloy, but a whole new metal. He described it as "super-cesium," and that its volatility was based on electrons, not on protons or neutrons.

"It is not unstable, it is reactive. So it's like a "super-cesium". It reacts so violently..."

Footnote: Unspecified question by Pagerunner.
source

FirstSelector

Would an alloy of atium and lerasium produce the same effects pre- and post-Harmony?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Footnote: Note that harmonium is technically not an atium/lerasium alloy.
source

To the OP:  Because Im Greedy Id have to burn some amount of it Pure, if only to allow me to burn any and all Godmetals I may come across later on.  Any other decisions or relative usefulness of the metals would be a way more situational decision.  If I have access to any Ettmetal, it would make several abilities far more useful.  If I have to worry about facing off against other Mistings, Kolos & Kandra, and/or full Mistborn would be important as well. 

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I'd split it in half, then alloy one with zinc, and one with brass. I wonder if an atium-lerasium alloy would make one a feruchemist...

EDIT: It would probably just make Harmonium... which should really be called Sazedium. What would happen if you skewed the values of the two? Change how much of each were in it. Would it become even more volatile than Harmonium?

An atium/lerasium alloy would make you a Seer. And yep, harmonium 'should' be called sazedium to fit with the pattern of other godmetals but we know that Sazed didn't like how it sounded. xD

• Chaos locked this topic