Upcoming Singer/Parshman genocide

Diomedes

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

At this point it's obvious that nothing I say will convince you, and I'm fairly certain that there is naught you could say to convince me

Well, it isn`t actually my goal to convince you per se. I just had this theory and I thought it might lead somewhere. This is not a fight, were any side is the "victor". But, sure, if you feel like, you don`t want to contribute to this train of thought started by me anymore, I won`t be angry or mad at you. We are all friends here. ;) 

We will see how much of my theory is correct, when the next book is released. Until then have a nice time on the forum. 

(Though I am going to go on a big round of told-you-so, if the next installment is playing out like my theory predicted. It would be silly to sugest otherwise.)  

I guess what I have to ask is, do you think that some people are going to attempt this, or that the Radiants are going to? 

If it's the former... Then yeah. Of course. There are people who are going to persue that without a doubt. 

In the case of the latter, some of the Radiants will definitely entertain the idea, but I doubt it will ever actually be persued. 

Edited by Calderis

53 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I guess what I have to ask is, do you think that some people are going to attempt this, or that the Radiants are going to? 

If it's the former... Then yeah. Of course. There are people who are going to persue that without a doubt. 

In the case of the latter, some of the Radiants will definitely entertain the idea, but I doubt it will ever actually be perused. 

Agreed.  I think it would take nothing short of the emergence of a rival Bondsmith to rally enough support for action.  Which could actually be pretty interesting to see play out. There's also still Ishar, I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Calderis said:

In the case of the latter, some of the Radiants will definitely entertain the idea, but I doubt it will ever actually be persued.

Sorry, that I did not make this clear: I think that the anti-Kholin Alethi Houses, those who were allied to Sadeas, will attempt it, not the Radiants, who are pro-Kholin. The Oaths would prevent that. Besides that`s not how the KR roll. Of course I don`t believe that the KR would commit genocide.

Edit 2: Now that I have thought more on this. The weird KR that is staying with King T. might be an exception, who knows. 

In fact it is my pet theory that some horrific incident commited by ancient Humans triggered the Recreance because the Radiants were unwillingly involved in it. But that`s a theory for a different thread. 

I presume they would make Ialai Sadeas their usurper Queen. As I outlined in the theory I believe they will have the enthusiastic support of the entire Vorin church. (Because the heretics Jasnah and Dalinar rule House Kholin, the KR are traitors according to Vorin doctrine and the Kholin are going "soft" on literal "Voidbringers/monsters" (i.e. Singers). 

Those Houses did not fight at Narak or the Tower, they are still at full strength, except for house Sadeas, which is barely existent anymore. King T.`s Vorin kingdom would also join forces with them, well, because King T. is on Odium`s side already.  

Edit: If Odium drops the Singers, we could maybe see the arrival of uncorrupted Regals. Since Voidbinding is likely not derived from Odium but corrupted by him. So many possibilities....

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/64139-ob-voidlight-is-not-odiums-investiture/

Edited by Diomedes

• Pagerunner changed the title to Upcoming Singer/Parshman genocide
  • Chaos locked this topic