Reading and getting into Mistborn for the first time

urrutiap

hi everyone. This Friday i was out of town and took a trip to the Barnes and Noble store to catch up on some of my Star Wars book fix.

I also decided to get into a fantasy book series and dunno why but I was thinking of Mistborn while I was looking around in Barnes and Noble.

I bought the first book.  Tonight I might start reading a little bit of the first book to see if I like it and if I do then later this year in October or December Ill buy the other two books of the Mistborn Trilogy.  Im hoping the magic in the book series isnt too complicated to understand like the whole alchemy type magic involving metal with copper, brass etc.

Anyone else here that actually likes Mistborn? Just curious

@urrutiap Mistborn Era's 1 and 2 are both really great reads!! The actual mechanics of the magic don't get too involved for the casual reader. It is a fascinating example of grounded magic. Have you read any of Brandon's other books?

Edited by Nathrangking

Try to remember as much as possible from the first book, there are certain small things that may seem unimportant your first read but actually appear to have huge relevance once you continue reading books 2 and 3.

Good to see you on this forum already

48 minutes ago, urrutiap said:

no.  Mistborn Im going to read for the first time. I never read any of Brandon's other books.

That's where I started too. Mistborn magic isn't some crazy convoluted alchemy type. It's pretty straightforward. 

Hope you enjoy it and welcome to the Cosmere. 

Beware of spoilers. This place is not safe for you. 

Edited by Calderis

Just read the book and enjoy yourself! It's a great start of Brandon's books and good door opener to the cosmere.

Don't worry about all the cosmere theorys and the meta plot behind the scenes. It's not neccessary to know and understand them to love the book. And if you get addicted to Brandon's work and want to understand the meta plot, then you can always reread it to remember every little detail. So just start and tell us if you liked it!

Edited by Sorana

8 hours ago, urrutiap said:

no.  Mistborn Im going to read for the first time. I never read any of Brandon's other books.

You might wanna avoid this place bigtime like all the time until you read mistborn at least. Sanderson Cosmere is extremely spoiler sensitive. One seemingly small spoiler can ruin the entire series for you.

• Chaos locked this topic