Aluminum Savant

Spaceferring

Cost aside, what would an Aluminum Misting having burnt enough aluminum to become a savant do? Does aluminum even stick around instead of vanishing like all the other metals if you burn it? Would you somehow become more resistant to all forms of Investiture? That would be pretty funny.

Stormlight spoilers:

Spoiler

- General, we have an intruder that can beat anyone we send.

- Just send in a Shardbearer! Why are you wasting my time?!

- Sorry sir, but we already tried that, and he caught the edge with his hand...

Aluminum vanishes along with whatever else the allomancer had inside them. Brandon has said that if you were able to become a Savant you could purge the effects of other Investiture from the body.

Douglas

What benefit does an aluminum savant get? Yes, I know this would normally never happen because aluminum burns itself up. Suppose a mad scientist with a willing Mistborn test subject shoved a feeding tube down the Mistborn's throat to pump in a continuous stream of aluminum, replenishing it steadily so there's always a new unburned supply. Add another tube to pump out excess water if necessary. What would he discover? Alternatively, what would Sazed with his Shard-granted knowledge know?

Brandon Sanderson

Ha, that IS a little silly of a method. However, on the extreme end of aluminum, I have in the notes the possibility of cleansing the spirit of unwanted effects of other Investitures. You'd get really good at this, and maybe even be able to cleanse the body of other impurities.

source

Brandon has also left open the possibility that a way to weaponize A-Aluminum might exist.

Sirce Luckwielder (paraphrased)

Can aluminum be used to destroy a Feruchemist's metalmind if the person burning aluminum were to cut his hand and place it on the metalmind?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He said that cutting the hand would probably not be enough, but that I was on the right track.

source

Edited by Weltall

5 hours ago, Weltall said:

Brandon has also left open the possibility that a way to weaponize A-Aluminum might exist.

Now that's really interesting. Though presumably the other Investiture would have to be "inside" the A-Aluminum savant (Gnat King?) in some fashion. If only there were some way to project Aluminum's power in a bubble.

Unless... 

Guys, what if we've just stumbled upon the Allomantic properties of an aluminum/atium alloy!? Think about it. Malatium is a gold/atium alloy that is basically gold, but external rather than internal. An aluminum/atium alloy with the above Allomantic power would fit the pattern.

14 minutes ago, Unlicensed Hemalurgist said:

Now that's really interesting. Though presumably the other Investiture would have to be "inside" the A-Aluminum savant (Gnat King?) in some fashion. If only there were some way to project Aluminum's power in a bubble.

Unless... 

Guys, what if we've just stumbled upon the Allomantic properties of an aluminum/atium alloy!? Think about it. Malatium is a gold/atium alloy that is basically gold, but external rather than internal. An aluminum/atium alloy with the above Allomantic power would fit the pattern.

But Isnt external allomantic Aluminum the same thing as Allomantic Chromium? It wouldn't be a bubble because you have to touch the investiture, but still it's pretty similar

6 hours ago, Unlicensed Hemalurgist said:

You know, that's a pretty interesting interpretation of Malatium, and of atium alloys in general.  I think I like it; it opens up some fun speculation about the nature of the other Atium alloys (though it may be mostly moot post-era 1). 

Also makes an interesting analog to Ettmetal.  If the truth about Atium alloys is that they allow you to project normally internal abilities onto others, I find it interesting next to Ettmental that lets you project all abilities from an external source (via a temporarily pseudo-soulweb projection, I personally think)

Wait... An Aluminum savant could purge the effects of Investiture from the body... Could it be possible for a chromium savant to wipe away other people's access to Allomancy permanently? Like "poof, got ya, you're no longer a Misting!" :lol:

4 hours ago, Daydam said:

Wait... An Aluminum savant could purge the effects of Investiture from the body... Could it be possible for a chromium savant to wipe away other people's access to Allomancy permanently? Like "poof, got ya, you're no longer a Misting!" :lol:

For that to happen they'd have to be able to just kill a person outright. 

Allomancy is written into a person's spiritweb. To remove it, you'd be actually destroying their Spiritual Aspect. 

I don't think that's a possibility with chromium. 

It pretty much can't remove innate Investiture or a Leecher could literally kill anyone with a touch by damaging or destroying their spiritweb, think of how Nightblood destroys matter on a smaller scale.

I think a Leecher could affect Breath in an Awakened object (Type-II) but not the other BioChromatic Entities, because the latter have the Breaths irretrievably 'stuck' to them, and not Breath held passively by someone for the reason above.

Edited by Weltall

• Chaos locked this topic