Iron Allomacy and Vampirism?

Unlicensed Hemalurgist

Question

6 answers to this question

I don't think so. Otherwise they'd be able to burn the iron in their own blood, since the metal just has to be inside of you, not necessarily in your stomach.

Also, the iron would be part of a molecule at that point, not pure iron. Since alloying iron is enough to prevent you from being able to burn it, having it in a molecule would be even harder.

I very much doubt it. It doesn't seem possible for Lurchers or Mistborn or iron in their own blood, though we do know via WoB that the metal just has to be inside of you, not necessarily eaten. Then again, perhaps it is possible and no one has ever tried just due to the sheer inefficiency of doing that. 

Just now, Quickbronze said:

I very much doubt it. It doesn't seem possible for Lurchers or Mistborn or iron in their own blood, though we do know via WoB that the metal just has to be inside of you, not necessarily eaten. Then again, perhaps it is possible and no one has ever tried just due to the sheer inefficiency of doing that. 

Yeah, I think if something like this was possible, you'd need a lot of blood for it to work.