12 hours ago, randuir said:

It's really nice to see your thoughts presented like this, steel. The only thing I'd comment on is that I wouldn't let the generic protection protect the user. In the late game with a depleted elim team (say, 1vs3), it makes it basically impossible to get the elim kill off. It'd still be difficult under the current rules, but with the current protection rules you can't be certain if it'll actually protect a villager, which brings it more on par with the other actions.

I assume you mean fifth scholar, not Steel :P

13 hours ago, randuir said:

It's really nice to see your thoughts presented like this, steel. The only thing I'd comment on is that I wouldn't let the generic protection protect the user. In the late game with a depleted elim team (say, 1vs3), it makes it basically impossible to get the elim kill off. It'd still be difficult under the current rules, but with the current protection rules you can't be certain if it'll actually protect a villager, which brings it more on par with the other actions.

I can't seem to access the rules doc at the moment, but I don't recall the generic protection being allowed to be used as a self-protect

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I can't seem to access the rules doc at the moment, but I don't recall the generic protection being allowed to be used as a self-protect

It isn't, but fifth scholar (oops, sorry @Steeldancer) mentioned maybe chaning that.

18 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

In regards to the individual actions, I really only want to speak about the generic kill; the other actions were fairly balanced, and didn’t mess anything up much (I might remove the restriction on protection that you can’t self-guard, as that restriction probably made villagers far less likely to use it, but aside from that the actions themselves were fine). 

Continuing our record of archiving older games, it’s time to close this one up. It was a lot of fun developing and running this game, despite a few flaws, and thanks belong to Joe and El for helping refine it, and to Devotary for being a wonderful co-GM. Most importantly, thank you to all the players who participated. Congratulations to the village (and the Synod, even though the Pacifico font burns my eyes) for their win, and to the Eliminators for putting up a valiant fight, despite fortune being against them.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Orlok, Alvron or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!  If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, or Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: