Kelsier's Death

TheManKnownAsHoid

On 8/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, Ishar said:

Honestly, I am kinda confused as to what this theory is trying to say, and how it is relevant to current and future cosmere.

Yes, this is asking me to clarify. And I want people who disagree with it to post, and for them to poke holes in it. Saying "its not a theory" adds nothing to the discussion. I was trying to start a discussion about why Kelsier's death specifically had someone spiked through the chest, and then that same spike used to stab another person. That is Hemalurgy. The only person who would have needed Intent is the rebel who stabbed him, which is easy enough for Ruin to do. As for motivation, Hemalurgically spiking Kelsier would have possibly saved his life, as his organs moved to accommodate the spike, like in the Inquisitor's eye spikes. Kelsier was Ruin's agent on Scadrial.

4 minutes ago, TheManKnownAsHoid said:

Yes, this is asking me to clarify. And I want people who disagree with it to post, and for them to poke holes in it. Saying "its not a theory" adds nothing to the discussion. I was trying to start a discussion about why Kelsier's death specifically had someone spiked through the chest, and then that same spike used to stab another person. That is Hemalurgy. The only person who would have needed Intent is the rebel who stabbed him, which is easy enough for Ruin to do. As for motivation, Hemalurgically spiking Kelsier would have possibly saved his life, as his organs moved to accommodate the spike, like in the Inquisitor's eye spikes. Kelsier was Ruin's agent on Scadrial.

Firstly, thank you for finally clarifying, that this isn't a theory, but simply a discussion about Kelsier's death and some of the specifics of spiking. Secondly, if anybody hasn't read Mistborn Secret History I highly recommend you do so before continuing on this thread. Also, until now, I have not said it isn't a theory, I have said that I don't know what your theory is because the original post was a bit abstract (which is perfect for discussions).

Edited by Ishar

I feel like I saw somewhere (and I also feel that my mind is making this up) that Ruin was in fact trying to get a spike in Kelsier before he died but was unsuccessful. Maybe it was a different character. I think that naturally the next question that comes to my mind is what would Ruin do with Kelsier after spiking him?

2 minutes ago, Ishar said:

I feel like I saw somewhere (and I also feel that my mind is making this up) that Ruin was in fact trying to get a spike in Kelsier before he died but was unsuccessful. Maybe it was a different character. I think that naturally the next question that comes to my mind is what would Ruin do with Kelsier after spiking him?

He would continue trying to defeat the Lord Ruler, as he was the only person stopping Ruin's return. Kelsier's plan of becoming a martyr to create hope couldnt be part of Ruin's plan, as it is to create, not to Ruin. And I believe the person you are thinking of is Yomen. It was mentioned that "curiously" Ruin never managed to spike him.

Hello!

I would just like to say a few things. Firstly, ManKnownAsHoid, you are acting far too defensive. A topic creator does not own a thread and I empathize with people being unclear as to the goal of this thread. There are a variety of individuals on the forum, and many who take theories very seriously, who I can see being confused by this post and where it's coming from. It is clear that you meant this to be just a discussion, but hopefully it is understandable that if people read this as a theory, then there wasn't a lot of meat to the theory. In the future I would suggest that anyone writing a topic make it clear what the goal of the topic is. Are we writing a deep theory? Are we just spitballing an idea out there? Etc.

There are also other individuals who also said some rude things, and I've already spoken to everyone privately of the matters that were not okay. Ultimately this is simply a miscommunication, and everyone should be gracious and polite in the face of that. If you discover someone being impolite and rude, please use the Report post feature and we will deal with it. Never escalate situations. If anyone gets upset by a post, that is not your cue to make an angry response. Report the post, get some tea, and come back later when you're more calm and collected.

Thank you, and please carry on, and everyone will be polite and respectful.

EDIT: I am additionally removing the disrespectful content, and moving this to the Mistborn board, as it indeed only deals with one series.

Edited by Chaos

• Chaos locked this topic