Seven Day War for AlleyCity

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Divided We Fall?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4:SDW?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 3: DWF?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I am not going to even try to understand what occured.

*is intentionally trying to get Voidus send forth something I can stab*

"Let's do something stupid!" Mace announced. "Those DA lads are rather fond of their worldspike. Somebody throw something at it. To get their attention." He waved to his soldiers. They didn't respond, as Death (who was previously known as Cuthbert, recieved a boon that gave him the power of Discworld Death, but the bane was he would become less and less human the more he used the power, making him fully Death @Nohadon) had destroyed them. Mace made a mental note to tell Storm to bring more reinforcements than he was planning on. They were going to need them.

Mace then saw someone taunting Death. It appeared to be that Devaan guy, the one with the cool card tricks. I like how style, Mace thought. He unshouldered one of his packs and threw it at Devaan's feet. I don't know why they give me a ration of stormlight. I've got enough stored health to get me through this. Actually, I might be able to do one better. Whatever the case, Mace figured Devaan could use the bag of spheres more than he could. 

But there was no time to worry about that for much longer, for Mace had an attack to carry. Swallowing a few vials of metal flakes, Mace took off down the pathway that led to the Dark Alleys. 

Did anyone know the proper plural of Alley? 

Syen looked up at the sky and saw people fighting. Shooting coins, flying around with stormlight, weapons in their hands. Suddenly she heard heavy footsteps and ducked back into the shadows of a hut, changing her illusion to hide her as good as possible. Two heavyly armed soldiers marched down the alley, their armors similar to those holding the city. She had forgotten how they were called, but it didn't matter right now. They were looking around, suspicious, clearly seaching for something, or someone. Thinking about her option she admitted, that there were few. She couldn't fight them, she couldn't escape. the moment they saw her, her flight was over. So she had to think.
Carefully, slowly she turned around, hearing the soldiers come closer and closer every second. Hoping they wouldn't see the light she breathed out stormlight, immediatly shiftig it, giving it a different form. A rat. nothing, but a thick, ugly rat.
"Over there. I heard something."
One of them said, his voice distorted by his helmet. It sounded maybe too quiet, she couldn't really place it, and it wasn't important right now. She let the rat loose, it scurried over the ground, stopping when it saw the soldiers, sniffing the air, then scuttling away. The two men eyed it suspiciously, then one bumped the other on the shoulder.
"You heard a rat. A thick, ugly rat."
He let out a bellowing laugh and turned around.
"Go rat-hunting alone. I'll look for a worthy enemy."
His comarade followed him and not soon after that their footsteps got lost in the overall noise of the battle.
Slowly letting out a breath she relaxed a bit and dispersed the rat. Waiting a few more agonizing heartbeats she left her hidingplace and changed her illusion again. Hurrying through the alleys she waved back behind the attacking forces, only stopping to grab a rolling pin from one of the houses. Not so fancy like a sword of a spear or a staff, or any other weapon. But she could try to hit someone with that.
"It will be completely useless against anyone wearing some kind of armor? And it will shatter the moment it is hit by a real weapon."
Essun reminded her and Syen surpressed the urge to snap at her.
"Thanks for pointing out the obvious."
she replied instead, unable to keep sarcasm out of her voice.
"But maybe they will be so surprised, that I con throw it in their face and run away."
Essun didn't reply, but Syen could have sworn her spren was laughing.
When she arrived behind the frontline she opened her bag and started doing what she could do best. Walking from one fallen body to the next she carefully healed those who needed help and closed the eyes of those where alls help came too late. Not far from her she saw Elkanah doing the same, then standing up and walking away, clearly looking for something. She stood up, walked over and asked:
"Are you looking for something?"

Gaan finished summoning the last of 20 ghouls. The beast appeared in a flash of red, and with a hint of sulfur in the air. He directed it towards the others of its kind, lined up against the wall. Those more expierienced in combat then him were already sorting them into groups of 4, and explaining to them where they would be attacking. Gaan ignored them. He wasn’t truly concerned with the battle outside, but he’d been given a chance to summon. A chance to make the voices in head and dreams to briefly go silent. Ghouls, while making good foot soldiers, were far too weak, so as the Ghouls were leaving, Gaan got down on his hands and knees, and began to carefully draw with a pencil and paper. Pentagrams were harder then they looked, and for as large as he was making, 10ft by 10ft, the measurements had to be perfect. It took him nearly 15 minutes of drawing to get it right, and another 10 to write the symbols. When he was done with the pencil, he split the skin of his finger, and using it, traced it all in blood. As he stood up, an aide handed him his copy of the Necronomicon. He flipped through its well worn pages, coming to the words he had bookmarked earlier. After doing some tongue exercises, after all, to stutter was to die, Gaan began the summoning process.

“Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! Oh throdog shoggoth Y' ymg' uln hup mgfm'latghnah shugnahh ph' fahf shuggog, ng ymg' tharanak l' fahf n'ghft shugnah! Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!” Gaan repeated the words over and over again. He grinned as he felt it take hold of his body, the madness of the connection. All this, the symbols, the blood, the chanting, was all to get it’s attention. The chanting told it what Gaan needed, the blood a sacrifice for its power, and the pentagram itself gave the location. They only knew this though the Necronomicon, which it had directed Gaan to in his dreams. Tentacles writhed in Gaan’s mind, and horrible, terrible visions filled his head. Everytime he summoned something greater then a ghoul, the remaining sane parts of his mind were chipped at, little flakes of them flying like ash in the wind.

Then it was over. It had gotten what was required from him, and a few seconds later a Shoggoth appeared on the pentagram. Gaan quickly yelled for everyone to leave the room. He carefully explained to the Shoggoth what it was to do, defend the DA, to allow no enemies to enter, and to kill all who stand in its way. The he sent it on its merry way, watching it writhe out the door. It was a relatively large one, 20 ft long and 10 ft wide. The great one had been kind today it seemed, for he’d often received ones that were barely 10 ft long. Gaan breathed out a sigh of relief, then went to get a chair and a cookie. He was exhausted, and it was going to be a long night.

Helpful Links:

http://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Shoggoth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoggoth

If you plan on fighting the Shoggoth, look at those before do. If you plan on fighting a Ghoul squad, just google Lovecraftian Ghouls, as I was too lazy to get links for them. Later in the battle, Gaan may end up summoning some more powerful stuff, so a lot of this is just an experiment on how you all interact with things like that.  Sorry for a mega post.

Long post, but some of you might recognize certain elements in it. Writing styles. Ideas I've mentioned. This seemed relatively fitting. 

Yzabet worked side-by-side with Elkanah, healing and healing and healing....

"We aren't doing anything." She said, sitting in the shadow of a broken building while waiting for a runner to bring her more Stormlight from the TUBA reserves. "The Dark Alley is hardly even on the defensive against our attacks. We aren't beaten, but we aren't winning either." 

Slowly, Yzabet stood up, gazing at a blood-red sun. She didn't know if it was setting or rising. She didn't care.

"I remember," She said quietly. "When this was young. When we weren't even TUBA, just DA resistance. I remember the days of petty fights, laughing and teasing each other among the alleys of the intro threads. When Tesh and Stormblessed snuck us info from the Dark Alley. I watched Quickbronze's shop fall, but all of this has existed for far longer than I have known. 

"We were friends, then, in a roundabout sort of way. We fought over the things that really mattered, about agency and hemalurgy usage." Yzabet lowered her head and stretched out her hand.

"But look how far we have come." She said bitterly. Tears began streaming down her cheeks, and her next words came out as a whisper.

"Oh, you fair ones, you have fallen so far. We could solve so much together, all of us, and yet we war like children in a sandbox. Can you not see that the man that you fight is your friend? That the wars you wage here, today, are useless and lightless in the stories that the world shall tell of you?" Yzabet's voice rose, and she looked up, eyes glowing.

"Is this how you wish to be known? As one who fought petty wars with those who they could befriend? Can you, in the words of the future, say that what we did here had worth, as you slaughter those who you would otherwise share a joke, a love, a passion with?" She stopped, then lowered her arm, continuing on a whisper.

"How I long for the days when the Dark Alley ruled, when TUBA was unknown, and the Ghostbloods were a dream in the heart of a single lonely man. When the DA was kind in their cruelty and when the Free Form Role Play wasn't established as our modus operandi. Such freedom. Such spectacular friendship. Can we bring those days back? I think not. For with new ideals comes change, and change is growth. Growth is good. But the dreams, the friendships, the new generation cannot see. Even I have been blinded by our tribalism. We.... This cannot last. I will watch it all fall." Yzabet lowered her head as whatever internal light inside her flee, then slumped to the ground with her head in between her knees.

"Tell me, friend, when the wounded come to us. We'll heal them, and then they shall go back and die, killed by those who could have been their closest friends. I will stay here and weep for this poor, tattered world."

And a smoke-red sun shone over a bloody city. The only consolation was that ash did not fall from the sky.

Edited by I am Witless

Voidus sat quietly in an Alley, occasionally he gave advice to members of the DA who requested it. Sometimes he helped transport some members or experiments off-world. But mostly he just watched, hoping that his hand wouldn't be forced.

He watched Mace form a group that seemed to be heading directly for DA territory.

Must we do this? He thought. We should at least start with something small, ward them off towards the rest of the battlefield. Maybe send a few Kolossal with a Sentry?

Mace turned to speak to his group, asking one of them to throw something at the worldspike. Voidus chuckled to himself. He continued laughing softly as he saw the soldier look towards the worldspike and take aim, finally launching something in its direction.

Nice throw, must have one heck of a strength enhancement. Voidus thought, watching as it sailed a mile into the air. If it weren't for the wards that would... would... is that what I think it is?

He watched the small object sail towards the worldspike, eventually skittering off its invisible barrier. He looked at the object as it hit the ground, splattering and divulging it's squishy yellow contents.

Voidus narrowed his eyes.

"They dare bring that... that thing here?"

He stood up, alarming a few acolytes nearby at the sudden shift in his mood.

"TUBA forces approach." Voidus said, addressing those who had gathered nearby. "Send everything."

Some distance away, at the edge of the barrier of the worldspike, a pineapple lay, crushed to pieces.

Veil looked up as the metal cylinder was cut open, daylight pouring in. A man gave Veil a few spheres and than continued fighting. Veil, with the last of his strength, lashed himself towards the allied side. He fell to the ground as he cancelled his lashing, muttering for a healer. A few peoplw rushed over to assist him, and he was aoon being carried on a stretcher to one of the tents where the healers were kept. 

I'll adress Syen first, then Yzabet

Elkanah heard someone behind him ask if he needed something. He dismisses his helm."Stormlight" he says. "I need to change to Envoyform." Storms, he felt gluttonus trying to get so much. 

Yzabet, the other healer was talking, to him, someone else, or the fallen, he didnt know, but he listened, and as he did, the Rythym of the Lost seeped into his mind. He quickly changed to Resolve, to try to comfort her. He wasn't an expert on human emotion, but those tears were universal. "Yes" he says, "when we heal them, they do go back to die. We saved them for a few more minutes, but it's a few minutes they wouldnt have. All this death... it is horrible, but they make their choice, just as we make the choice to heal them. They believe that they are fighting for a cause in which they are willing to give the ultimate sacrifice. They knew what they are getting into, and they want what they are fighting for to succeed."

"I wish that there were no wars, that everyone could get along. But it won't happen. So I heal, to preserve the fragile life, but strong spirit, that is thereAnd those that fall, I remember, because few else will." Mourning crept back into his words as he was saying thjs

"Do you have any extra stormlight?" He asks her, to Pleading "I... feel horrible taking it, but I have an idea that might just give us a chance against those beasts the Dark Alley are using" 

Although he hadn't talked to her in the end Syen pulled out a some spheres and wordlessly offered to hand them over. His last sentences weren't directed at but they felt grave, like a shadow in front of the sun. Without saying another word she knelt next to a wounded man pressing a hand on a deep gash in his leg. Everybody had a role to play and this was hers. Looking after those others forgot or deemed unimportant.

Yzabet smiled through the tears, then hugged Elkanah, ignoring his discomfort. Though human, she knew some of the singer rhythms, and hummed Mourning, feeling her heart match its slow beat. Yzabet let go, but continued her humming, trying to speak to Mourning.

"A TUBA sphere runner will be here in a few minutes. What is your plan, friend?"

As he accepted the spheres from Syen, thanking her, Yzabet came up and hugged him. He looked at her and smiled, hugging her back.  She was a good person. This is why they fight, he thinks, so that in times of peace, moments like this happen. She was humming to Mourning, strangely. Humans almost never showed any sign of hearing the Rythyms. She even managed to speak to it, though a few beats were off. Still, it comforted him that humans werent completely deaf to them. "Do you know what the highstorm and Everstorm are?" He asks her.

Edited by Inklingspren

Solace stalked across the wall. His metal mask crumpled in his fist. One of those storming Crusaders had dented it with his shardplated fist. The fight for the gates had not gone every well. He ordered his remaining Windrunners and Skybreakers back to Overlook. They had left him what stormlight they could before lashing themselves away. He stood at the battlements of the wall surrounded by several squads of Crusaders. He calmly stood, no weapons in hand, and breathed as much stormlight as he possibly could hold. Solace glowed like a beacon. Much of the sphere were drained He traced a circle around him forcing the stormlight from him. The stone from the outside of the circle he had trace became to flake away turning to ash. Soon he stood upon a pillar of stone, the wall completely gone-or most of it. He had left enough of it to allow the fall to break the plates of his adversaries, who now were in broken heaps on the ground. Some of them stirred. He leaped off the pillar, crashing to the ground with a coin and pewter. He kicked the smaller rubble as he walked. To some credit, Solace had to admit, the surviving men, ones who's plates were not severely damaged, formed up around him. A dozen Crusaders. Solace sighed pulling both handcannons from his belt. It was a pitty that these men had to die this way.

He fired at the closest one of them, the black bullet sprung from the muzzle. The bullet sailed between the visor slots. The shardplate clanged to the ground, the helmet rolled stopping at his feet. There was no body within the suit. Solace cocked the hammer of his second handcannon and fired it. The result was the same. Solace hated wasting potental. Often he offered the chance to join him rather than die. But such mercy had no hold on the battlefield. Despite loosing two of their comrades the ten Crusaders charged him. Solace drew his awakened sabers, returning the handcannons to their holsters. Unlike the pistols that would not draw investiture from him the sabers would. He ignited them and wove through the men as they tried to kill him. If ever one would come close to harming him he would simply transfer realms. Soon all that surrounded him were empty suits of plates, and discarded blades.

He looked at the fabrail watch he carried with him.

"Two minutes and fifteen seconds, not bad." He muttered to himself.

"I plan to summon a storm here. An Alleystorm, if you will. I'm hoping if enough people put enough Investiture in, and the alleyspren is bonded to the storm, i can channel it all in Stormform to create a storm to increase the power of Investiture during the storm. The monsters don't seem to have any Connection to the Spiritual realm, and it would give our forces a fighting chance." Storms. He might not even need Envoyform to speak to the entire city. He was getting better at talking to humans. He would still need Stormform though. Evelyn had told him she could keep the spren contained, so he wouldn't be as influenced by it. He had to hope she was right.

31 minutes ago, Mraize said:

Soon all that surrounded him were empty suits of plates, and discarded blades.

He looked at the fabrail watch he carried with him.

"Two minutes and fifteen seconds, not bad." He muttered to himself.

Something in reality broke as a giant in black Shardplate appeared in front of Solace, unholy fire rippling off his armor. He slammed a fist into the ground, and lines of blasphemous runes sunk into the stones, heading straight towards the fallen space marines. 

As it reached them, their helms glowed with an infernal light, and, as one, they rose to their feet, pulled up like puppets. In unison, they turned towards Solace and fired their bolters.

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Caer was on street own moment, he was pushed into an alleyway another, watching a horror move past.

He squinted his eyes at his saviour. He was wearing crusader armour! But he’d saved Caer, so... what did that mean?

Storms. He hated not knowing good and bad. First he thought TUBA was the enemy, and then the Ghostbloods, before realising that they both were teamed up against the Black Crusade.

But this... man. He’d proved not all crusaders were bad. Why were they were even having this war.

“You’re... an ally?” He carefully asked the crusader, completely unknowing he was talking to their leader. He didn’t seem right in the head, but then again, no one was around here. Caer especially.

This isn't Drako, just a grunt-level space marine

The Astartes* shrugged, looking down the empty street. "Kind of," he said. He looked back towards Caer. "I'm Battle-Brother Kerith of the Raptors chapter."

*another name for space marines, to save space

Edited by Grey Knight

Tena ice-skated off the battlefield, tapping her speed Metalmind to get her out without any more scrapes than necessary. She Pushed off a soldier's armor, launching herself unto the roof off a nearby building. She ran across similar roofs, looking for someone to help, as her spren was screaming at her to do. She saw... Death? He was here? But he was attacking her fellows, and Devaan was walking up to him to challenge him. That looks like fun, Tena thought, flipping off the roof, her Awakened pants absorbing a blow that would've broken her legs. She summoned her spren as a Shardax and waved her staff at Death in a way that would probably be at least a little threatening. 

Mahz stopped as the strange black spren began to creep up to him. This is it. This is my chance to make it right. To take my revenge on the dark man. He stepped up boldly to the spren and spoke his wish.

"I wish-I wish for enough power to take my revenge on the man who killed my brother." The Nightwatcher paused for a moment at this.

"I can't provide this to you myself." Mahz's heart sank, "But I can give you the potential to earn it yourself. First, I'll give you the ability to learn at an incredibly fast rate. Second, I'll ferry you to a world where you are far more likely to succeed. I wish you luck. Goodbye." And with that Mahz found himself in a strange land next to a shack.

More to come. Just didn't have time. Give me a couple hours and I'll edit it in.

After much arguing with the other members of the DA, Voidus finally sat back down. A few stayed nearby, ready to try and wrestle him back into his chair if he tried to leave again.

"Fine. I agree that ending the universe would not be a proportionate response to a pineapple. But it has to be worth at least one of the smaller Alleys worth of abominations and experiments." Voidus said.

He watched the soldier who had thrown the pineapple and smiled, trying to decide which of the Alleys would be most suited to giving the man a painful death.

"Alley 45, should have a few Kolossal, Strangers and some of the Eldritch held there. Let them loose and see if you can direct them towards the intruders."

A few Acolytes moved away to begin releasing the experiments from the mentioned Alley. Voidus turned his attention away from the soldier and onto Mace.

Should have given a more specific instruction. Stones, flaming boulders, carts of manure. Anything would have been better than that was.

Peering more intently at Mace, Voidus realized something. A vein began pulsing on his head and the chair splintered underneath him, turning into a pile of dust. Voidus retained the same posture, now sitting in mid air.

"Him. He's the one who killed my rock."

The senior members of the DA again moved to restrain Voidus.

This thing looks fun. Let's see what it can do. 

Kolossal
Appearance: Appear like Koloss, however these can grow up to twenty feet tall.
Hemalurgic abilities: Strength (8x), weight reduction
Spikes: 9
Other Notes: Incredibly strong, Incredibly angry. Kolossal have had a portion of their weight permanently removed from them, allowing them to exist at an even larger scale than a regular Koloss.

Mace watched as a large Kolossal came lumbering down the alley, headed for straight for him. What did I ever do to deserve this? Mace thought. I hope Voidus isn't still made I killed his pet rock. He always seemed like more of a chia pet kind of guy anyway. 

Mace sized up the foe. It was bigger than a normal koloss. Mace would know, he'd spent most of his childhood among them. But it seemed just as angry as one. Probably Ruin. Or just battle frenzy. 

"Okay lads," Mace shouted. "Here comes a right big one! Knock it off its feet, and don't stop stabbing until it stops squirming."

He pulled on of his honour guardsmen aside, and whispered a quick instruction. "If I don't survive this, tell Rhazien and Yzabet that their wedding presents were actually limericks. I just edited the last lines of each one to make them more agreeable. Thanks, mate."

The kolossal charged.

"Stand strong!"

The beast roared, reaching its grey hands out to grab Mace's body and snap him in two.

"NOW!"

The assembled forces descended on it, hacking and slashing at its legs. Mace joined them, using an investiture enhanced jump to leap up and swing his sword at its chest. The kolossal thrashed wildly, backhanding the soldiers closest to it. Mace continued to stab it, swinging his leg around its neck so he could ride it as he did.

Finally, from a combination of blood loss and fatigue, the beast began to slow. Mace raised his sword a final time and plunged it into the kolossal's neck. It slowly toppled, crushing a sentinel underneath it. 

"Finish it off," Mace ordered. "Then get ready, there's more of those beasties coming." He shook his fist in the general direction of the worldspike. "Bring it on, big guy!"