Seven Day War for AlleyCity

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Divided We Fall?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 4:SDW?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 3: DWF?

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I am not going to even try to understand what occured.

2 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

@Nohadon there is a very low chance of even one of those things being pulled. If you recall, @Voidus has been saying for months that the DA will not be pulling any punches if they are attacked. Nobody objected then, personally I feel like it’s too late to object now. 

aww ok, worth a shot though

49 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

@Nohadon there is a very low chance of even one of those things being pulled. If you recall, @Voidus has been saying for months that the DA will not be pulling any punches if they are attacked. Nobody objected then, personally I feel like it’s too late to object now. 

Yeah, the DA isn't going to be pulling a single punch. 

TUBA offered to bring some punch, and maybe some other refreshments too, but the DA declined. 

Then the DA spiked the punch. 

We should probably leave out all the fullborns and hemalurgic gods you guys have created

and voidus prime

and the eldritch monsters

and the lovecraftean myths

and all the things that can murder everyone in the blink of an eye

Yeah I was pretty explicit with that, a DA without legions of Eldritch abominations or Zoohemalurgic Fullborn isn't the DA anymore. I also dropped plenty of hints throughout.

So much was happening.

A war for the fate of the Alleyverse

A war with creatures spoken of only in the darkest of myths

A war between factions, enemies on the same side at times, and friends on opposing times at others.

And Elkanah was in the middle of it.

He had lifespren as light green shardplate, but it was thinner than normal, so he could move much more freely. He would be a healer, along with other Edgedancers, Truthwatchers, Elantrians and a few of the Feruchemists. Elkanah had been able to charge the gems in his hairstrands, and he had a large pouch full too. It wouldnt be enough though. It never would be.

Gaan hadn’t expected a portal to the alleyplanet to show up in his cell, but one did. Thankfully it led to Alley 342, and not to outside the Alleys. Hearing a call to arms from great one Voidus, Gaan ran to his lab, and grabbed his solid aluminum skeleton. After switching bodies, grabbing his best hooded black cloak, one with a large cowl, a pencil, and a tape measure, Gaan reported for duty. He may have been new around Dark Alley, but he could serve them well nonetheless.

1 hour ago, BitBitio said:

If my character goes down, I'm taking down at least one eldritch horror with me.

May I Voidus? 

Some of them are probably going to be pretty unkillable but as long as it's not one of the Outer Gods then you're probably fine to kill one off. Might need to defer to our new resident guild of eldritch horror.

IDK who was assigned to do it, but are we making a thread for every day/night? If not, here is the next timer.

bla_1533146400.png

Devaan realised after waiting for the rest of the day that no one else appeared to be meeting him at the canton. Rashan hadn't shown up either, which probably meant that Archer failed to tell him what he should have, But he'll check on that later. For now, he needed to track down Draco.

Devaan slung Atius over his back, then drew a card

7 Of Boots, a small bond to a luckspren, giving Devaan flight while tapping, a recent addition to his collection after seeing his young apprentice, Siph in action.

He took off, searching for either Drako, Solace or Li as he flew silently through the clouds, the moonlight shining onto the worldspike, he dove, tapping tin to enhance his sense of sight, scanning the groun-

there

He saw LiTaiRu in the TUBA encampment. Not him too.

He touched down next to him, Rashan and Archer

"Hey Li, I don't know how the sparky things work, maybe my message didn't get through, I cleared out my canton's headquaters, use it as a safe haven for those who don't want to fight"

"And Archer, have you told Rashan yet? Or do you want me to do it."

Caer looked towards the horizon, and didn’t see the short man creep up on him. He said that he was here to protect Caer, and Caer could also see the other man, Typhoon, hiding invizable as well. Cognitive sight was useful.

“So,” He said to Archer as Devaan landed. “Who exactly are we fighting? And why?”

Edited by I think I am here.

"I'd say that we'd be fighting the Black Crusade. They've taken over the city and aren't giving it back despite us asking nicely." Devaan told Rashan

"Now I'll ask again Archer. Are you being truthful?" Devaan stared at Archer, he wouldn't let the matter go. Not while Archer was manipulating someone so freely.

Syen followed the others towards the city, taking a bit longer as she walked there.

Seeing Devaan land close to LiTaiRu she changed her course and went there, happy for a few faces she knew at last. Carefully breathing in stormlight she checked her bag again. It wouldn't take long and there would be more work for a healer than she could possible do.

She greeted everybody with a smile and a nod, not wanting to disturb the conversation.

3 hours ago, Nohadon said:

IDK who was assigned to do it, but are we making a thread for every day/night? If not, here is the next timer.

bla_1533146400.png

In the interests of not spamming our new subforum with a bunch of threads I'd say that 1 thread will probably do. Unless anyone has a particular reason to separate them each then having 14 2 page threads probably wouldn't be great.

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

In the interests of not spamming our new subforum with a bunch of threads I'd say that 1 thread will probably do. Unless anyone has a particular reason to separate them each then having 14 2 page threads probably wouldn't be great.

We could do something similar to SE, maybe. What they do is They post a new thread for each cycle, but after the cycle, the SE mods combine the cycle that just ended with the previous cycles.  So that way, it's easy to find the most current cycle, but it doesn't spam the subforum with a million small threads, and makes it so that all past threads for a topic are also conveniently located together.

11 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Yeah, I was one for the idea that we have one big thread for the war, and maybe make posts describing night or day. We could even have called it one of the Storm-names we thought up before, instead of the 7 Day War

1 minute ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

We could do something similar to SE, maybe. What they do is They post a new thread for each cycle, but after the cycle, the SE mods combine the cycle that just ended with the previous cycles.  So that way, it's easy to find the most current cycle, but it doesn't spam the subforum with a million small threads, and makes it so that all past threads for a topic are also conveniently located together.

My preference would be that a thread needs to be at least 10 pages long before I'd want to be starting a new thread for it. If people are finding it consistently difficult to keep up then I'm happy to try something like that but not sure if it suits our format as well as it does SE.
Potentially editing the OP with links to the reply that starts each day would be a neater solution I think.

34 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Potentially editing the OP with links to the reply that starts each day would be a neater solution I think.

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. 

Caer heard Devaan talk to Mace, but no idea what he meant. Did Mace have something to tell him? Shaking his head of the thought, Caer tapped steel and sent himself speeding out of the defensive perimeter of Mace's camp. There was people to save, and while Caer didn't know who's side eh was on, he knew he was on the people's.

He saw victims easily. Their cognitive aspects lit up, flailing about, like arms waving for help. He was getting better at distinguishing emotions with his cognitive sight. He'd never gone beyond mere glancing just yet, he didn't want the same thing that happened with his spiritual sight to repeat.

Spiritual sight. Caer looked down, noticing the small zinc medallions in his palm. With them, he could peer into the future without permanently damaging his mind. He'd heard of a similar power from Devaan, atium. It allowed one to see into the future, but enhanced their mind too. And whisk Caer could see further into the future, he no enhanced mind. So he needed the zinc.

He rounded a corner, spotting four crusaders hold a family at swordpoint. Caer held out his hand, summoning Veo as a scyth, and swiped one of the crusaders dead before another lunged at him, shardblade appearing in his hands, hitting and locking onto Caer. He barley had time to dodge before another of the crusaders raised a hand and pushed on Caer way more than he should have, sending Caer flying into a wall. What kind of super coinshot was he?

Getting up, Caer didn't get far before he was held at swordpoint himself. The shardweilder smiled to himself. Caer was caught. Or was he? A simple flick of the wrist, and Caer grabbed the flat edge of the shardblade and burned chromium, turning it back into mist. The man, now holding thin air, couldn't recover another 10 heartbeats before Caer sent Veo into him, swinging around and summoning Sethramir before sending it into the heart of the coinshot.

Just one left. Caer eyed him, but the man only stepped back, sending Caer a flurry of emotions, sending him to his knees. Guilt, hurt, sadness, tragedy, the man made Caer feel all of it. Caer had felt it all before, he knew that, he just couldn't remember when.

Standing up, Caer tried to get a good look of the man, but his tears were blocking his vision. Storms, what type of soother or rioter could evoke such emotion? Tapping steel, Caer pounced at the man, but he dodged, drawing some kind of symbol air. Caer only barley ducked before a wave of energy shot out of the symbol, lighting the building on fire.

And so it continued, the man keeping on drawing magic symbols while blasting Caer with emotions. Fortunately, when the man brought up a vial of metals to refill himself, that was when he was most vulnerable, as he want giving Caer emotions nor was he drawing symbols. Caer took full advantage of that, slide tackling him and ending his life with a quick swipe from Veo as a dagger.

Storms. He'd expected battling crusaders to be easy, like killing henchmen. But they were all powerful in their own way, each a mixture of magic systems. It had taken Caer a lot just to kill four! But, maybe he was just getting rusty. After all, he didn't remember how his fighting went before his amnesia.

Shrugging of the pain with a wince, Caer went to look for more crusaders.

Edited by I think I am here.
So, Rashan's gonna continue crusader hunting until something interesting happens. Does the Black Crusade consist of real RPers? 'Cause I want someone to actually battle with, not just henchmen?

The crusade tends to use guns more often than swords. 

And I too would like to get this fight going, so here comes the aerial assault. 

Mace saw the battle beginning. He knew that at any moment the forces of the Dark Alley would come for them. Or those space mariners with their high tech weaponry and armour. 

They needed a way into the city. "Stone soldiers!" he shouted. "Launch the projectiles!" The soldiers reached into the bags of fruitcake they had brought, and began to throw them one at a time at the wall of the city. Their enhanced strength allowed their shots to fly true, landing in a pile next to the wall. A pile that could easily be used as a ramp if one brought boards to aid them as they scaled the wall. "Maintain fire!" Mace ordered. "Don't stop until the wall is coated in 'cake'!" He used air quotes to show that fruitcake isn't real cake. 

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Shrugging of the pain with a wince, Caer went to look for more crusaders.

Suddenly, a black-armored space marine burst from one of the Alleys, grabbing Caer with one arm and ducking into the shadows of a wrecked building.

“Quiet!” he hissed frantically, the distortion of the vox almost making his voice tremble. “In the name of all you mortals hold holy, be quiet.”

The silence stretched on, broken only by the distant sounds of battle.

One second, the street was empty. The next, it wasn’t.

Something stepped out of the shadows. A giant, monstrous shape, like a cruel mockery of a space marine- tall, with shrunken raven wings sprouting from its back and blasphemous symbols etched into its power armor.

It turned its red eyes towards the bodies of the “crusaders” in the street. They started twitching. Worms burst from their chests, winding around their dead limbs and forcing the bodies to stand.

They were screaming the entire time.

The monstrosity glided down the street, away from the space marine and Caer, the screaming worm-puppets following behind it. They disappeared around the corner, leaving a trail of slime and gore in their wake. Their wails still echoed down the streets.

The space marine slumped, letting go of Caer. He… didn’t seem right in the head- mumbling to himself and fiddling with the bolt pistol holstered at his waist.

“Emperor save us all,” he whispered.

Edited by Grey Knight

^ Holy Plot Twist, Batman! 

Having created a way in, Mace directed his army forward. Screaming a war cry that would put a Smedry to shame, he led the charge. They quickly closed the distance, rushing across the grassy field. Their footsteps thundered as, above them, catapult shots whizzed toward the village. 

"Scale the wall! Once on the other side, make your way to the TUBA bakery!" he shouted. His soldiers obeyed, running up the fruitcake ramp, and into the Alleyvillage. 

Edited by Archer

Yesterday, just after Solace's forces were assembling

Storm hurried through the TUBA base, he had just received word from Mace via spanreed. Solace was poised to attack, and The Black Crusade held the Alley-Village.

"What does it mean?" His Cryptic, Swing, asked from his shoulder.

"It means," Storm said, arriving at his quarters, "That war is upon us"

Swing hummed in a concerned way, but she said nothing.

Storm gathered his supplies in a sturdy backpack; all the vials of prepared Tin that he could find, several knives, four pouches of infused emerald broams (he had just gone by the supply depot), as well as several medallions, just in case. He looked down at his clothing, nothing theatrical about it, but it was sturdy and tight-fitting enough that it would be good for fighting, no loose fabric to get in the way.

"Alright Swing." He said. "Time to put all that training to use." and he hurried off again, to the terminals.

---

Storm stood before the device of mish-mashed magic and technology; Fabrial, Silimatic, some Aonic, even clockwork bits. They called them Terminals, and this one led to Roshar. He would need to make a quick stop there.