Best moments in Dungeons and Dragons

I was with my group getting ready to storm a castle full of orcs. Three people from my group snuck inside the castle and me and a other guy were outside with a squad a troops. So we decided to put shields and a cart hook it up to a ox and ride it in. We also put shields on the ox. I was on the ox and the other guy was in The cart like a chariot. We broke down the door and I rolled the highest so when we broke down the door I one shot stabbed a orc with my spear killing it. We one, plus the ox lived 

My character is a cleric. He's got some pretty cool spells. This one time, I leveled up and got access to a new Domain spell called Iron Body. I was eager to try it out. 

So, a little while later, when we were about to enter a tower, I cast the spell on myself. I was now living iron, impervious to some conventional attacks and stronger than usual. I figured I was unbeatable for the next few rounds, so I entered first.

Rolled a six, opened the door.

Entered circular room at the bottom of the tower, used dark vision to look around. No obvious threats, just some boxes.

Approached boxes. All was going well, until BANG! A pair of monsters jumped out from behind the boxes.

Two medium sized, brown… rust monsters.

It’s the only time I’ve ever come across rust monsters, and had to be the one time I was made of iron. I spent the entire fight just running around in circles while my (laughing uncontrollably) companions shot at them. I ended up taking a large amount of damage anyway, and had to replace all of my weapons that weren’t in the bag of holding.

They were eventually defeated and we got to claim our loot. Actually, the chests turned out to mimics and attacked us, but that’s another story. :lol:

Me and my group were bored with nothing to do, so the DM came up with a random situation and here's how it went: 

My paladin and my two friends' barbarian and rogue were walking in the woods or something, when an old man hobbles out of nowhere and asks us if we'd be willing to protect him for a month with no pay. "Tinker!" I immediately assumed aloud, and agreed. The barbarian agrees, but the rogue does not. So the old man turns into an arch-something and knocks us all out. 

We wake up in an underground chamber... with blue-burning candles. Just kidding. We all look around and eventually the DM tells us where the key is, and we get a key and a hint for later use. The hint was, 'look up.' We wander out of the room and are attacked by a merperson that runs away. In the next we're in a room that sets itself on fire and two Shadows riding Nightmares jump out at us. Keep in mind, we're all fairly new. The DM immediately gets rid of the Nightmares and the Shadow that we couldn't kill, so we go into the next room, which lights itself on fire again. I look up and discover something over the sound of my two cohorts shouting loudly. Me and the DM wait for them to calm down, and when they do, we climb up a hole in the ceiling and find the same arch-something waiting for us. The DM kills it for us with a Sea Dragon. 

That's when the session ended.

Wow. There are a lot of funny moments. I was the Dungeon Master once, and I sent them to the US with the quest of killing millions in the military. Why? Who rusting knows at this point. One of them became the president. Another found a big red button and pressed it...a lot. Half the country went boom and sank into the ocean.

They also seemed determined to create paradoxes. The majority of people decided to go with what the majority said. Everyone occupied the same exact place.

In my first ever campaign, there was some purple goo on the ground. We named it Steve (iirc) . Later, in a different campaign, we found a purple crystal. Steve Junior began.

Hmm. I believe one of us, who was a dwarf, broke the sound barrier at one point. Then we called him the dwarf missile? Or something like that.

There was a time when we were trying to collect crystals, as well, and a handful of the others found them. I was closest to where we needed to go, so I offered to take them in. The first person decided to throw me the crystal they had, and miraculously, I rolled a good number and caught it. The next two people decided to do the same. I caught everything, some with nat twenties I think. It was a giddy moment there.

AND MANY MORE.

Edited by AonEne

On 8/1/2018 at 1:44 AM, Soulcast said:

I was with my group getting ready to storm a castle full of orcs. Three people from my group snuck inside the castle and me and a other guy were outside with a squad a troops. So we decided to put shields and a cart hook it up to a ox and ride it in. We also put shields on the ox. I was on the ox and the other guy was in The cart like a chariot. We broke down the door and I rolled the highest so when we broke down the door I one shot stabbed a orc with my spear killing it. We one, plus the ox lived 

NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY!!!