When did Dalinar's wife die? (Spoilerish)

Chlehrma

I doubt that Shallan is related to the Kholins. Such a twist seems unlikely for Brandon Sanderson, though he may surprise me.

WoR spoilers:

Do we know if the Sons of Honor have a specific color? Both Gavilar and Shallan's mother seem to be opposed to the blooming Knights Radiant, as Gavilar was plotting with Amaram and Shallan's mother tried to kill her own daughter for being a Surgebinder. It wouldn't suprise me if there were a non-familiar connection between the two.

The reason I ask is that Shallan's mother was wearing blue and gold (Galivar's colors) and I just want to make sure that Shallan, Adolin, and Renarin are not related. That would be a George RR Martin level of creepy.

Remember Shallan has Horneater blood which I am pretty sure is from her mothers side and Horneater blood in a highprince family would probably be noticed in the books.

It;s been about 10 years.

With Gavilar dead, Navani was now to be treated as Dalinar’s sister. Besides, what of his own wife? Dead these ten years, wiped by his foolishness from his mind. Even if he couldn’t remember her, he should honor her.

I doubt hey're related, otherwise Shallan should have some gold hairs like Adolin and Renarin.

It'd be funny if Adolin wasn't Dalinar's son though...he has a lot more gold than Renarin.

It'd be funny if Adolin wasn't Dalinar's son though...he has a lot more gold than Renarin.

We have a WoB that says Adolin and Renarin are both Dalinar's legitimate sons. (Though I can't help but notice that he never says anything about them both being Shshsh's sons.... ;) )

• 1 month later...

We have a WoB that says Adolin and Renarin are both Dalinar's legitimate sons. (Though I can't help but notice that he never says anything about them both being Shshsh's sons.... ;) )

Well if he said "legitimate" then one or both of them being the son of a different mother would require Dalinar to have been married twice, unless there's a twisty Rosharan customary usage of "legitimate" that includes what we'd historically have called an acknowledged bastard.

IN WOK, when Dalinar first sees Navani at the kings feast he contemplates something like "... besides, what of his own wife, dead these ten years" (going by audio version, so wording maybe imprecise).

So, she died ten years ago.

Interestingly, later in the book, Navani tells Dallinar that she had always been faithful to Gavillar, while implying Gavillar was mayhaps not always faithful to her. So maybe there are some royal alethi bastards running around.

Also, first post, so. hello. :)

Welcome to the forums, Zea mays!  I have to ask, at the risk of derailing the thread--what is it they say about the leopard?  

I think it'a reference to the proverb 'A leopard can't change its spots', meaning one's character can't change, especially the flaws.

Welcome to the forums, Zea mays!  I have to ask, at the risk of derailing the thread--what is it they say about the leopard?  

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^

About the leopard - what Aleksiel said. Also, if you read the Discworld book, it's also not true that the leopard doesn't change its shorts.

Anyways, are there any theories going around about the identity of shshssh? Is it all all possible that she could have been the older princess from Warbreaker (I forget how to spell her name)?

Anyways, are there any theories going around about the identity of shshssh? Is it all all possible that she could have been the older princess from Warbreaker (I forget how to spell her name)?

I kind of doubt that Vivenna (that's the name of the older princess in Warbreaker) is a worldhopper. Also Navani's description of shshsh doesn't fit with Vivenna (who seemed to be smarter).

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 387973120 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 444926256 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

• Chaos locked this topic