Is Fuzz's (Leras - Preservation) Brilliant Plan Concluded?

Ever had one of those thoughts that made you think I am the only person in the whole world who could have thought this, and disregarding everything else - this makes me special B)(in an endearing way I'm sure)

So, Theory Magic Time.. (TMT)

Is Preservation's / Leras's plan concluded?

To expand: was Fuzz's "brilliant" plan only to deal with Ruin / Ati and create Harmony or is his "plan" still happening and potentially have greater Cosmere implications than has been insinuated.?

I know I know, its heavily implied that this master plan was to deal with events in Mistborn Era 1, but!!

It is Mr Sanderson.. Anyone else feel a curve ball here?

Guys, I'm afraid i shall need some input here as I've only got my swelled head to put me in his place..

!~ HIF ~!

Edited by Hoids Imaginary Friend

I'm not sure about whether Preservation still has an ongoing plan, I feel like Sazed's ascension would have revealed enough of it to him to make it his own, if it does exist.

I am totally onboard with the theory that Endowment has got some super secret plan for the Cosmere and Odium. Nightblood has a lot of investiture, more than it should, and it had to come from somewhere. Cultivation also looks like she has a few master plans in the background (cough cough Mr T cough cough).

I think it's reasonably safe to assume that Preservation's plan only ended on Sazed's ascension and reformation. It's just putting "faith" on Sazed after that is what Leras plan was

Obviously our Hero of Ages plays a big role in the greater cosmere but i'm uncertain if that was planned by Preservation.

15 minutes ago, Ishar said:

I feel like if Brandon were to extend Fuzz’s plan it would quickly reach a point where it would become too much and ruin a good ending for era 1 (no pun intended). Hopefully he does realize this.

Yeah like Kelsier's revival into a "greater role" wasn't very good imo. Not everything needs to be about greater scale stuff

22 minutes ago, goody153 said:

Yeah like Kelsier's revival into a "greater role" wasn't very good imo. Not everything needs to be about greater scale stuff

Revival?

You do realize that was planned from the start? On your next Hero of Ages reread, keep Secret History ready next to it. There's some things that can't be explained without it.

18 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

Revival?

You do realize that was planned from the start? On your next Hero of Ages reread, keep Secret History ready next to it. There's some things that can't be explained without it.

I know it was planned that's why when i learned it was planned the entire thing didn't seem as brilliant and impressive anymore. Well it's still brilliant and impressive(i still believe the culmination of era 1 is the greatest thing Sanderson made so far) but it's more disappointing that it was actually planned rather than just a retcon or last minute change. 

I know about the necessity like if Kelsier wasn't revived Preservation would have no vessel and would be splintered(after leras death and before Vin's ascension) which wouldn't make sense . It also made some really annoying things too like undermining the other crews works because it seemed like Kelsier show than an overall effort to beat Ruin. It's never a good thing when one character actually takes away other characters shining moments or solitary relevance just look at how Rashek was handled posthumous that was a good example of a character not overshadowing people's accomplishments despite being an influencing figure of his own. There is a good thing though like that speech he gave to Vin at the moment of letting go Preservation(that was the same thing he first said to Vin when he taught her allomancy).

Just because it was planned doesn't mean it's always good. Either way that's just my personal opinion as a reader(not a beef thread so not gonna expand about this )

Edited by goody153

19 minutes ago, goody153 said:

I know it was planned that's why when i learned it was planned the entire thing didn't seem as brilliant and impressive anymore. Well it's still brilliant and impressive(i still believe the culmination of era 1 is the greatest thing Sanderson made so far) but it's more disappointing that it was actually planned rather than just a retcon or last minute change. 

I know about the necessity like if Kelsier wasn't revived Preservation would have no vessel and would be splintered(after leras death and before Vin's ascension) which wouldn't make sense . It also made some really annoying things too like undermining the other crews works because it seemed like Kelsier show than an overall effort to beat Ruin. It's never a good thing when one character actually takes away other characters shining moments or solitary relevance just look at how Rashek was handled posthumous that was a good example of a character not overshadowing people's accomplishments despite being an influencing figure of his own. There is a good thing though like that speech he gave to Vin at the moment of letting go Preservation(that was the same thing he first said to Vin when he taught her allomancy).

Just because it was planned doesn't mean it's always good. Either way that's just my personal opinion as a reader(not a beef thread so not gonna expand about this )

In the annotations, Brandon said "but Kelsier doesn't listen to me. He just does what he wants." It may sound weak, but as a fellow (amateur) writer, I can tell you that yes, such characters exist. In Kelsier's case, that means he will play a role in events and he will accomplish things you'd think impossible.

2 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

In the annotations, Brandon said "but Kelsier doesn't listen to me. He just does what he wants." It may sound weak, but as a fellow (amateur) writer, I can tell you that yes, such characters exist. In Kelsier's case, that means he will play a role in events and he will accomplish things you'd think impossible.

I've already accepted at this point that Kelsier is part of the grander game of cosmere. I just hope that whatever his final character arc will be can beat his initial final character arc that was basically one of the best stuff in fiction that i've read(Kelsier's gambit during TFE)

Edited by goody153

• Chaos locked this topic