The Hall of Legend.

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Max bursted through the Hall of Legends, eyes wide. He saw a crowd of people above here. 

Looking, he saw Silph walking around. Ignoring the twinge of anxiety he felt looking at the spike, Max ran over to the man.

“Silph!” He said, grabbing him by the shirt. “Do you know where Mara is? I’ve been looking all over, and I need tosay sorry. I’ve made a terrible mistake.”

“Downstairs, in the tomb” Silph told Max

“What did you do?”

6 hours ago, Nohadon said:

“Downstairs, in the tomb” Silph told Max

“What did you do?”

"Oh," Max said, letting go of Silph and heading towards the twisting ladder that led to the tomb. He'd never liked that cramped, ancient place. Turning around, he replied to his question. "I went too far."

With that he climbed down the stairs, unable to take the shortcut any coinshot would have.

• 2 weeks later...

Alum waited there as people departed, leaving him alone in this Hall. There were a lot of memories here - a weight of previous lives, events forgotten. This Alleyverse had seen its fair share of events, and it surprised him that there was very little record of any of it.

A thought occurred to him. He stood, and addressed the empty room. "Does anyone curate this place?" The sound fell upon empty ears, but Alum felt that his voice would be heard.

@Nohadon I assume?

Nohadon, my character was doing some soul searching. But he'd be very interested in getting in on this side quest if it's still running (especially if all the traps are already disarmed and all that's left to do is claim the treasure). If it's bad timing, don't worry about it, I understand. 

Klasten walked briskly through the stone corridor. The statue of Mace had been interesting, but yielded no insights. The whole time he'd been looking at it, an annoying feeling had been nagging him. Frustrated, he'd finally given up and decided to follow it to its source. 

As he rounded the corner, the feeling intensified a hundredfold. "Rusts," he muttered. Barely able to concentrate, he reached his arm up and grabbed the origin of his annoyance: a small card.

"I wonder what this is for," he mused. 

47 minutes ago, Archer said:

Nohadon, my character was doing some soul searching. But he'd be very interested in getting in on this side quest if it's still running (especially if all the traps are already disarmed and all that's left to do is claim the treasure). If it's bad timing, don't worry about it, I understand. 

YES!

Sorry, I was away for a little bit.

Within the RP, Alum is a scholar. And since there’s no real inworld record of events - barring people who are still alive and remember past events - most of the new characters will never learn about the past events. (And I know the Liebrary keeps records, but they’re not public records.)

So I’d like to set up a canonical version of a wiki within the Alleyverse, like a historical library. And set it here, if it’s possible. I can make a separate thread if you’d like, but I’d think it would be fitting considering this place is a commemoration for past events.

“The Alleyverse has a history, has it not?” Alum said. He got a grunt in reply. “Well, this place seems interesting enough. But I’ve noticed that you don’t have a lot of records. Historical texts. Most people don’t even remember who these people are. I’m a scholar. An Elsecaller. I study things and collate them. And since I appear to be stuck here for the time being, I’d like your permission to view any historical texts or records you have. I’ll be setting up a library/research centre, if at all possible.”

He proffered some spheres to sweeten the deal.

Tena strolled up to Mace’s statue, and remarked aloud, “Y’know, sir, I was the first person who saw your corpse. Actually, the only person who saw it before the remains were obliterated by the thermonuke. Gods, do I miss having someone to boss me around. I just don’t know what to do with myself unless somebody else gives me orders. Or, alternatively, if I’m filled with battle thrill.” She glared at the statue, which yielded no results, unfortunately. She huffed and saw ‘Klasten’ talking to somebody near Devaan’s memorial. Tena found it more than a little weird that he had a statue when he was still alive, which most people weren’t supposed to know, maybe.

She ice-skated her way to Klasten and said, “Whatcha doing? Can I... oh.” She saw the card in Klasten’s hand and grinned. “You’re going on that one quest? Can I come?”

• 1 month later...

"Good, Im going to go in and talk to the curator. Find out whats inside of this place."

He walked into the main hall in-between the two sentinels guarding it, to find an old man standing there.

"Hello! Are you the curator of this place? If so can I ask you a few questions?"

@Nohadon

Edited by MacThorstenson

“I’ll note down any security,” Alask said, mentally prepping himself. “Any cameras, any guards, any Invested things.”

He waited a short while after McKarl entered before entering himself, pretending to look around in awe but really counting up anything he saw.

Curator, two Sentinel guards, a third one hidden at the back just in case. Two cameras, opposite sides, and invisible Aon Edo’s placed on each statue in case someone breaks it.

Hatch to the basement. Guarded by curator. Standard lock. Scadrian. Curator probably has the key, and that means he’s powerful.

Alask continued, hoping his perception would allow him to note things others couldn’t see.

21 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

"Good, Im going to go in and talk to the curator. Find out whats inside of this place."

He walked into the main hall in-between the two sentinels guarding it, to find an old man standing there.

"Hello! Are you the curator of this place? If so can I ask you a few questions?"

@Nohadon

"You could call me that" He grinned.

"Ask away."

Astiel, one of the sentinel guards scanned the room, alert for any intruders. 

Is this a robbery? If so, here are the stats on the three characters that you know of.

I have an encounter pre-prepared for the 17 myths side quest (hint hint) but It fits exactly with this as well.

Dektra:

Spoiler

Appearance: A young woman with short multi-coloured hair, white, purple, blue and a couple shades of red. She wears a very brightly coloured sentinel coat and bright purple pants.

Weapons and Armour: A sentinel coat, A tassled cloak and scarf (both brightly coloured) and two bright red sterrion revolvers.

Investiture: 5th Heightening awakener, a practitioner of an adapted form of chayshan for guns.

Astiel:

Spoiler

Appearance: A young man, tan skin and green eyes with short black hair. He looks Terris but his demeanour is more like that of a noblemen. 

Weapons and Armour: Astiel dual wields obsidian hatchets, wears an armoured sentinel coat with hidden slots for metal vials.

Investiture: Astiel is a mistborn, a 3rd oath dust bringer and a bendalloy ferring.

The Curator:

Spoiler

Appearance: An older man, wispy black hair that's greying on the edges, hard, experienced features with a couple scars on them. A small black shortsword is hidden, sheathed under his white robes.

Weapons & Armour: The Curator wears a short, armoured white robe with a golden sash-belt. Many vials of pure water and sand ring the belt. A small canister sits at the hip.

Investiture: The Curator is a sandmaster, he can control 28 ribbons simultaneously, putting him at the power of a mastrell. He's experienced enough to use them.

McKarl grinned, and pulled out a paper, 

"Thank you! So I am a design student at the local college, and for a project we need to pick one place to research, find out how its form and current state relate to its purpose. I chose the Hall of legend and the tomb of the forgotten. 

My first question is, how did you make the trade off between security and accessibility? This place was open to the public, primarily so that they could recover their loved ones belongings in the Tomb of the Forgotten. But you can't let anyone in otherwise some enterprising people might steal everyone's belongings.

What security did you put in to prevent that from happening? Obviously you have a narrow entry way to prevent floods of people, and the guards can manage who comes in and out, but from what I see, the hatch is always open. And I never heard anyone complain about the excessive security measures.

Also, how did you bring in the tombs through that narrow doorway? If this place holds the tombs of all those who died in the Seven day war, we are looking at tons of bodies, each with their own burial place."

No, its not a robbery. Yet. Why would we rob a place in broad daylight? 

@Nohadon

Edited by MacThorstenson

10 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

My first question is, how did you make the trade off between security and accessibility? This place was open to the public, primarily so that they could recover their loved ones belongings in the Tomb of the Forgotten. But you can't let anyone in otherwise some enterprising people might steal everyone's belongings.

"We do have some security around and about, there are other guards of course. But the hall and tomb are mainly for the people. As for the recovery of belongings, the deceased have to let us (or anyone nearby) know in advance who they bequeath their personal belongings. During the seven day way, many died, but lots didn't have wills so their items are available to the public if they don't have any identifiable next of kin."

10 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

What security did you put in to prevent that from happening? Obviously you have a narrow entry way to prevent floods of people, and the guards can manage who comes in and out, but from what I see, the hatch is always open. And I never heard anyone complain about the excessive security measures.

"We try too keep our security subtle. There isn't a need to rob a tomb, most of the things here are just personal belongings"

11 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Also, how did you bring in the tombs through that narrow doorway? If this place holds the tombs of all those who died in the Seven day war, we are looking at tons of bodies, each with their own burial place."

"We had the tombs built on site, then brought the corpses through single file. It took a couple days, but that's alright." 

Alask turned in place as a guard tapped him on the shoulder. She had an assortment of colours in her hair, and her clothes seemed so vibrant, and almost looked good if they weren’t made from every colour in the Cosmere.

Awakener, Alask thought immediately. With the way her clothes brighten so well, I assume a powerful.

“You okay?” She asked, frowning. “You sort of seem to be wandering around. Are you lost?”

Shadows. Alask needed to think of a lie. Fast. Luckily, lying was one of Alask’s talents, after pointless trivia on movies.

“Nah,” Alask said nonchalantly. “I was just marvelling at the architecture. It’s quite grand.”

“I guess. It seemed you were almost looking for something..”

“Oh, yeah! My bad, I should have said this earlier, but my friend said that if you look close enough at the walls, you can see a secret mural.”

“You’re joking,” the guard said, but still looked at the wall to her side.

“No! I was just being observant so I could see it. I apologise if that seemed suspicious.”

“No, not at all. Enjoy you’re searching.”

Alask smiled. “Thank you.”