Church of the Stick

So that we don't overrun the other thread, here will be the official thread for the church of the stick. I am a stick, you are a stick, we are all a stick.

The stick for all, all for the stick?

So that we don't overrun the other thread, here will be the official thread for the church of the stick. I am a stick, you are a stick, we are all a stick.

I'm not sure that I agree that we are all a stick.  I mean, Shallan seems to have problems with who she is; if she were sure, then surely she would be a Stick.  Because she is unsure, she constantly makes up new identities for herself to become, and NOT ONE of them is Stick.

I think that only those who are truly sure and confident in who they are can be said to have mastered the teachings of Stick.

Sadly, I am not Stick--yet.

I'm not sure that I agree that we are all a stick. I mean, Shallan seems to have problems with who she is; if she were sure, then surely she would be a Stick. Because she is unsure, she constantly makes up new identities for herself to become, and NOT ONE of them is Stick.

I think that only those who are truly sure and confident in who they are can be said to have mastered the teachings of Stick.

Sadly, I am not Stick--yet.

That is fine, Branch Kaellok. No one starts out as Stick. It is only through hardship, time, and stormy weather that any can become Stick.

Since this is now a thing, I hereby proclaim myself High Priest of the Stick, leader of the First and True Branch, and the human closest to understanding the true meaning of the ideal "I am a stick!"

No Splinter groups are allowed unless they are Splinters of the True Stick.

...By the Leaves of my Master, what have I created?

We have powerful allies on Roshar. Dalinar has great hopes for his son in the Church of the Stick. Chapter 5, Ideals, "It is what must be. If Adolin is to be the stick, I must be the feather."

And of course, Shallan has been profoundly influenced by her dealings with the sticky one. Chapter 13, The Day's Masterpiece: "'You think I'm as dumb as that stick.' Stop insulting my stick. The words came to her mind, and almost to her lips, unbidden."

So we can see the subtly with which the stick is influencing her. I knows a full transformation to stick would be too traumatizing, so instead it is working in smaller ways. A thought here, a quip there, until soon, Shallan will also be a stick.

May I ask the High priest if I can become a lowly Stickbinder of the tenth order after I denounced my heresy in another topic? Let us all praise the Stickfather the greatest splinter of the Tree, may he help us with our battles against the Firebringer and their evil lord Flamedium.

Edited by Armless writer

"And behold, it came to pass that the king of kobolds spoke of the Stick in a post of a far-away land. And it came to pass that he was persecuted, given a vote downwards by one of the Enemies of the Stick."

"But behold, the Churchmen of the Stick saw this, and they were displeased. And they came to the aide of the persecuted, giving seven votes upward to the king of kobolds. The Faith of the Stick was thus carried into the lands of the unbelievers."

"And praises were sung throughout the lands held by the 17th Shard. The Psalm of Stickiness was uttered by all."

I. AM. A. STICK.

So can we all be sticks?

Are we all stick equals in the eyes of the only true stick?

Can we elevate ourselves - because I personally allways saw myself as more of a branch?

How many shards does the mighty stick hold?

What was there first the stick or the tree?

We need the Book of the Stick!

We need rules so we will not fall to the firebringers!

All hail the stick, the only Stick. and praise his one Leave which he sacrificed for our salvation, and glory in his cognitive representation in the realm beyond. ALL HAIL THE STICK.

(all religious refferences to real world religions are completely unitentional...; but seriously I hope I don't offend)