14 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Mickey nodded, and turned to the old man. “How would we get in contact with these gangs?”

"The Ghostbloods. Maybe go to Oasis City. Or you leave a message with me, but it might take a while for someone responsible to come by."

He thought for a moment.

"As for the gang, I'd look in one of the Taverns. There's one where you can look for jobs. I can describe you where it is."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"The Ghostbloods. Maybe go to Oasis City. Or you leave a message with me, but it might take a while for someone responsible to come by."

He thought for a moment.

"As for the gang, I'd look in one of the Taverns. There's one where you can look for jobs. I can describe you where it is."

“We can find it,” Jarret said, thinking about taking another coin out to fiddle with, but he didn’t want to give the old man any ideas. “Does this other gang have a name we can use?”

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“We can find it,” Jarret said, thinking about taking another coin out to fiddle with, but he didn’t want to give the old man any ideas. “Does this other gang have a name we can use?”

"None that I know of. But it's led by someone called Bella."

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"None that I know of. But it's led by someone called Bella."

Jarret and Mickey nodded walked off, the former fiddling with another coin, but the man with the weapon stayed.

“Thank you,” He said. “And if we ever find out your lying -”

“Cam!” Jarret called. “You coming or not?”

Cameron glared, but jogged off to his partners, and they left the hospital, meeting up with the others.

On 2/14/2019 at 0:28 PM, Sorana said:

@I think I am here.

The old man at the reception smiled politely at them.

"Do you have a better description? We have lots of heavily injured people here."

=================

@xinoehp512

She stepped back a couple of steps and spoke to Mira. "What happened to him that caused all of these injuries?"

"Some kind of explosion. A young woman brought him here."

"Here, take this and pull back his flesh. I need to staunch the bleeding or he will die."

She continued with her work, looking after one injury after the other. Finally she stepped back and nodded at Kera.

"If you can't do anything more - I can't either. I took care of his wounds, but if he survives - that depends on him."

She gestured to a nurse.

"Check on him regularly. Call me or Kera, should he seem to be getting worse."

Kera sighed and sat down. She looked at Nekorb again. This hospital had non-Invested care, but probably not to the extent it was needed. Very few people had injuries that couldn't be healed by magic. 

It bothered her. This man would likely die; it was a miracle he'd survived this long. And she'd been unable to save him.

She suddenly became aware of a commotion in the hallway. It sounded far off, but it was getting closer. She stood up, wondering what the commotion could be.

All of sudden, the door flew open and figure of pure shadow burst into the room.

It turned its faceless head and looked at her. A sinister smile split its face, stretching far beyond what was humanely possible.

27 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

It turned its faceless head and looked at her. A sinister smile split its face, stretching far beyond what was humanely possible.

A pity that this is still Era 2. Otherwise she could call for help.

Mira stepped in front of the bed Nekorb lay on, and gestured to the nurses to whirl him out of the room. She hadn't spent hours to patch him together, only to have a shadow take him.

Her knees hurt when she glared at the creature, standing for so long had been hard on her old bones.

"Whatever you are - leave."

She commanded.

• 3 weeks later...

Dan set Shae down on the bed, then sat down on the floor and leaned over, nuzzling Shae's face and licking it. "I love you. I love you." His voice was quiet. He was so tired, and Shae was hurt, and his wings like they were dead, and the bullet wounds on his arm were throbbing...

Shae didn't react, didn't flinch- he barely breathed. He was probably only alive still because of his breath and his tin. His tin was already almost gone though- he'd black out once that was gone. he'd begun flaring it on instinct when the explosion hit, so everything had been that much worse. 

Shae still didn't respond, couldn't hear anything- he was entirely stuck reliving that moment. Dan would have to think of some sensation that could overwhelm his mind that wasn't part of that memory to snap him out of it early. Though that might not be very safe either.

"I can't do anything about what he's burning," Dan said. "Just get the bullets out of my arm and take care of him and it'll be fine." He held his arm up to his own face, then  dug his teeth into a bullet wound and yanked the bullet inside out, then the next, then the next. "Stop the bleeding. Don't make me fall asleep."

@Element of Chaos

“You have magic healing, right?” Dan asked. He felt like he was flying too high... floating... couldn’t think right. “Use your magic healing on him. Now.” 

An Edgedancer nurse hesitantly forward and tapped Shae’s back with one finger, then flooded Shae with Progression. It fought with the tin, but was powerful enough to at least heal the major burns on Shae’s back. She stopped once Shae was stable, then tried to grab Dan’s arm. 

“He’s still got burns on his back,” Dan said flatly. 

“Yes, but they are minor and the amount you’re bleeding will knock you out in ten minutes,” she said, grabbing Dan’s arm and Progressing it and the rest of him. Dan felt an icy tide sweep over him, like he was playing at the beach and had fallen over when a big wave was coming. His arm starting hurting less, though he hadn’t noticed that it had hurt before. He felt the singed feathers on his wings reform, and his head cleared enough to tell him how much his arm hurt. Then his arm stopped hurting so much... and the wounds resealed. 

“Thank you,” Dan said to the nurse, checking over his arm. It looked healthy again. “Now get rid of the burns on his back.” 

“Tell me once he stops burning tin and I’ll come in,” the nurse said, leaving the room. Dan curled up next to Shae. 

“C’mon... please... be okay, for me, please...” Dan whispered to Shae.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Edited by Sherlock Holmes