Laonin had been impatiently waiting for a doctor to attend to the wounded man's needs. As he stood there he observed his surroundings. A nice looking place, if a little modern for my tastes. Finally someone had aproached, and after a conversation with the receptionist, had come over and begun to help. She didn't seem to be wearing a uniform though which was a little strange. Oh well, we'll take any help we can get.

The woman began channeling Stormlight into the man, and this seemed to bring him out of his stupor. From his experience this should have solved the problem but the man seemed to be in more pain now than before, or perhaps since he was more lucid now he was just showing the pain more than before. A green light appeared from the woman's hands as suddenly the man began thrashing about, seeming to be in axtreme suffering. Feeling useless just standing there, Laoning knelt down and reached out for the man's hand.

Squeezing his hand firmly, Laonin said "Stay strong brother. I don't know what's happening right now, but we're here for you. I have faith this woman can get you through this. You just need to believe."

Laonin turned to the woman, " What's going on? Why isn't what you're doing fixing him?"

@xinoehp512

Kera wasn't sure if even Heal was affecting him, and he didn't seem to be speaking still, either he just couldn't speak or the pain itself was too great. She stepped back, avoiding the man's grasping,

She looked to the other man who'd just held one of the pained man's hands, "I don't know," she told him, slight concern in her eyes, "I suspect it's more than just physical pain." @Karnatheon Then she got an idea.

She spoke to her spren, "Cerr, I'm about to do something we've never done before. Do you have any advice?"

"Nou adviss. Dun't deei" Cerr replied in his weird accent.

"Right. Alright!" Kera rubbed her hands together, "ready, Cerr?" her spren didn't answer. "I'll take that as a yes!" She lightly gritted her teeth and smiled, beginning to do the somatic component of her strongest healing spell. Once that was done, she sharply inhaled half of the stormlight in her pouch with her, and tapped into her mana. She grabbed one of the man's grasping hands, the remaining free one, and let both sources surge. She let the stormlight burst into him in the form of Progression as well as directly channeling the green light of healing into the man, making him glow a bright green.

She inhaled again, but didn't take in stormlight as she continued her surge of healing. Then she called upon the power of her god, speaking words for her verbal component "wounds that have found yourselves on this man feel the light of divinity and close!" She yelled out, casting Cure Wounds on as high of a level as she could. If this didn't work, then she still had a few other things she could try.

Edited by Cyanic

Right there, right now. How did he do that? Alask looked on as Laonin grabbed the injured man's hand and talked him through the pain. Alask hadn't even thought of doing that. It seemed the man had a knack for supporting others. Almost as soon as he'd come into the Alleyverse, he'd started fixing buildings, and now, when there was nothing anybody could do (save for the doctor) he still supported the injured. Support like that will get a man killed. Alask should have known. The guild who'd kidnapped and Spiked him had lured him in by faking an injury. And when Alask had come to help, boom! Spikes.

The Allyeyverse was a dangerous place for a selfless man. Alask knew that. He considered telling Laonin, but decided against it for the time being. He would tell Laonin later. He would make sure of it. As of now, Alask watched the man try and comfort the dying one, who was thrashing about. Alask yawned, and he felt a small increased weight on his eyelids. He would be like Laonin, he decided. He would be. Stretching, Alask brought over a chair and sat in it before he drifted off to sleep in the Hospital.

Nekorb felt a large surge of power flow crash into the wall. The strange green energy seemed to be able to hold the hole at bay, and both provided healing. But much was still getting absorbed by the wall. Nekorb reached out with his mind and pulled on the energy, even harder then before. He gripped the hand of his savior, unwilling to let the power stop flowing. He could feel the healing it brought, scratching the itch, filling the chasm. Only a few minutes more, and it would be gone.

But could the doctor hold out for that long?

@xinoehp512

Kera could feel her stormlight start to dwindle as well as her mana, but the man was grabbing hold and she could still feel the power being pushed through, but she wasn't done yet. Her mana was already depleting, about half of it gone, but not her stormlight, and not her spell slots.

With another inhale, she drained all the stormlight in her spheres and pushed all of it into the man in the form of Progression. What mana she had left was dedicated to pushing the green light of Heal onto the man, and she cast another spell: Lesser Restoration. She let go of the man and with her free hand did the action-based components as she spoke the verbal components: "The light of divinity purge you of disease." She spoke, keeping eye contact on him.

@xinoehp512

Kera strained, sweating as she continued putting her all into the healing. Her mana was near depletion and her stormlight was getting there. She gritted her teeth and did the Somatic components for Cure Wounds one more time with her last remaining highest level spell slot, saying the words and letting the divine power flow into her then into the man. The burst of golden light erupted from her and into him, combining with the green of the Acolyte Heal and the wispy white of the stormlight. She could feel that she was close and she wasn't about to let this go!

If this didn't work, then she'd start using the rest of her seven slots for seven more castings of Cure Wounds. They were less powerful than this current one but still more powerful than the Acolyte Heal.

@Cyanic

Nekorb felt the hold of the pain diminish. In his mind, it was a black creature, detaching from the wall of his sanity. He felt lucidity begin to come to him again.

But the pain was still there. And the hole was beginning to close. There wasn't much time. Nekorb knew that if he didn't get rid of this now, he never would.

What if he tried pushing it out of the hole? It was big enough. And once out, he could let the hole seal and it would never get back in.

If he did that, though, there was only one place the pain could go. Directly into the doctor. 

He looked into her eyes, trying to ask the question without words.

@xinoehp512

Kera somehow understood what the man asked wordlessly, she hesitated, her grip on him loosened, but she found resolve from somewhere. She used her free hand ready to cast Lesser Restoration on herself before she looked back at the man's eyes with a tense, toothy smile and nodded. There was about five or six casts of Heal left and her stormlight had almost ran out. She reserved this in case she needed this for herself, and braced for whatever was to come, praying to whatever god had granted her these powers.

@xinoehp512

Kera accepted the pain as it overtook her body. It made her reel back, breaking the grip, but at least the man seemed to be healed already. She screamed in pain, falling to the ground, she let her stormlight remain then through gritted teeth, cast both Heal and her prepared Lesser Restoration on herself. It eased it a bit, and she got up it was still painful, but not as much.

can you tell me what exactly the pain and wall is? So I can play it better, you can PM me if it's a secret thing

She groaned, getting up, then almost falling over again. She managed to pick herself up and seat herself on a chair. The pain was still prevalent, but she could bear it. "No, no," she strained out, "I can handle this," she said, casting Heal on herself again. She let her mana start filling back up.

Lena stopped outside the hospital, a bit away as to not be suspicious. Then she turned to the others.

"That's what we know: there is room in the first floor where they brew potions and keep some of their more dangerous stuff. There is a room on the groundfloor where Gonev stole what he brought to the lair. They are trusting you, if you have a good excuse why you are here, like visiting someone. As the night is falling, maybe we should team up? I guess that at night it will be quieter in there."

@Badadah

@Darth Woodrack

@Voidus

Waiting. Hey had been waiting for hours. Alask got up and stretched. “I’m going for a short walk. I’ll be back.” He said that last line in Arnold Schwarzenegger’s voice, though he doubted any of them got the reference.

Strolling around the hushed building among the strong smell of sanitizer, Max looked out the window, and his eyes widened just a bit more.

A group of people were far off. One was walking to the entrance. It wouldn’t have been suspicous at all if Alask didn’t recognise these people. His heist partners. Conveniently heisting the hospital on the same night he was here. He hoped Laonin wouldn’t catch wind of the situation. But still, he needed to help.

“Hey,” Alask called to a passing nurse. “Do you think you open up the windows? It’s for one of our friends, he’s a patient, and he’s finding it too hot.”

The nurse nodded kindly and went to opening the windows. That should help them, Alask thought as he looked at the group from inside the building, and nodded, walking back to Laonin and Ishek.

Laonin continued to hold the man's hand. The woman healed and healed the man, and still he was in pain. Whatever was happening wasn't an easy fix. The woman was definitely straining herself doing whatever she was doing. She seemed to be expending more and more of her power, almost as if the man was draining it away from her. Suddenly the man seemed to have a brief moment of lucidity, as he and the doctor seemed to communicate with a look. Then the man spasmed once, as a look of relief spread across his face, and the doctor now started to scream. It seemed as though she had caught whatever had been ailing the man. Laonin attempted to comfort her but she quickly started casting spells on herself, then stood up unsteadily after a moment and went to sit in a chair.

"Uh, are you alright ma'am? What happened?" Laonin asked, then knelt down and said, "And how are you feeling friend?"

Edited by Karnatheon

Zyn nodded, slipping a colourful scarf off of his neck and into a pocket so that his clothing consisted of more muted colours.

He moved along the side of the hospital, covertly looking for any onlookers or means of magical security. When he was sure he was unseen, he briefly stretched his limbs, limbering up before taking a running jump towards the wall. His feet his the stone silently, clinging on for just a moment before his weight carried him forward and he kicked off again, propelling himself upwards and into  the bottom of a window ledge.

His fingers grasped, managing to secure enough of a hold for him to slowly slide his way up, eyes alert for the occupants of the room.

The wall is resistance to investiture/magic. It's sort of a scab for intense spiritual damage. The pain also came from that, but without the wall to hold it in, it should fade away. The healing should make that even faster.

Rekorb felt the pain escape from him. A look of relief spread across his face. "Thank you," he whispered, "and I'm sorry."

Lena supressed a grin at the sight of Alask. She nodded curtly at the others.

"I'll try to get into the room where they mix their potions."

Pulling out a small package with plants she had bought earlier out of her pocket and putting wig on her head for a partial disguise she headed over to the hospital.

"Hello."

She told the clerk.

"I have some herbs you might be able to use and I wanted to ask, if I could work here sometimes."

The man looked her over and gestured for her to step aside.

"I'll call someone. Please wait here."

Edited by Sorana

Georgia stood outside, bored. I can help. I NEED to help. But how? Then it came to her. She was in Grace form, scientist. She knew physics, and could tell where to climb. SO she climbed. Pulling a rope out of her bag, she quickly got to the top. Now, to wait.

After a little time had passed, Laonin walked over to Ishek and sat down in a nearby chair.

"I'm sorry about all the confusion here, I wasn't expecting so many people to show up on my doorstep all at once. Especially one on death's doorstep. You had said you were looking for me, but before we could have a proper conversation everything went wild." Laonin said, stretching a bit. "Anyway we seem to have a moment of calm finally, so what can I do for you?"

@The Grumpy Elantrian