Tena sat at the receptionist's desk of her and Syen's new clinic, bored. For all the good boredom did her. 

She had figured that owning a hospital would be at least a little fun and exciting. But the facts were now clear; all she and Syen did all day was listen to people complaining about ear aches or brain tumors or something else boring. All Tena and her colleague did was heal things instantaneously or Syen would use her magical-seeming herbs to help people with injuries that Stormlight couldn't heal. 

The Ghostbloods were always popping in to either offer Tena poisons or get healed out of suspicious injuries. TUBA members just kind of showed up to say things like, "If a certain incident regarding the next Ghostblood who comes here was to happen, you and your compatriot might find a substantial donation given to you unexpectedly...." Tena always told them, no, we can't be a successful business if people start dropping dead at our feet, at which the person giving the offer would stomp off, muttering to themselves. Tena found a sense of chagrin every time she did this, though not much of one. 

Syen was heading down the stairs as Tena started to pick up a book to pass the time. Then someone slammed the door open....

Anyone can join at any time. The events of this thread occur post-Shattered Oaths. 

Edited by Sorana

A hospital now? Elkanah thought. Buildings sure came up fast. He wondered if they might need help. If they had other Truthwatchers, Edgedancers, or a noble Feruchemist, they had a lot of work cut out for them. He walks up to the counter. "Hey, do you want help?" He says to curiosity.

Solace stood pondering the sign, which read as follows.

Hiring any Truthwatchers, Edgedancers, Feruchemists.

Starting rate is 25 crysts per hour.

All donations are welcome, as long as they benefit the hospital.

There was fine print, Solace squinted.

Don't think about sneaking in poison Solace!

Solace scoffed, he strolled over, with a small package in his hands that he had pulled from his robes.

The Alleycity was about to be attacked by his army. A hospital seemed like a good idea for his enemies. The hospital wasn't going to get many patients, he wasn't going to be that merciful. But if he could kill the wounded patients that were his enemies... he couldn't pass up an opportunity like that. 

He walked into the entrance hall and walked up the the desk. "Hello, could you tell me where to find the donations box?"

Tena rolled her eyes. "How cute, Solace. Trying to sneak in poison." She took the package and shook it, listening for something... that wasn't there. "Nevermind, crazy, put it in that box there." She pointed at a small box that sat on one end of her desk. She glared at Solace. 

The poisons weren't really in the box, nothing was, though he contemplated a bomb. But then he would be killing children possibly, and he like kids. Behind his mask he glared at Tena. 

"Don't ever call me cute again. I won't hesitate to use a Meeker Bomb." He said.

He walked over to the crate, with his back to Tena, he switched packages, and put the real one into the bin, and the decoy back in his cloak. Tetradotoxin, a paralysis, when enough was injected or ingested, the lungs would stop working and the person would stop breathing. He would have to count on the fact that it took time to happen. If given at night, the patient was as good as dead. The concotion was mixed in with some Temazepam pills, which helped one fall and stay asleep. He smiled and left the building.

That was too easy. he thought

Li TaiRu walked past a disgruntled yet oddly satisfied Solace. That is concerning, hopefully he didn’t set this place to explode. He walked in anyways.

”Hello my name is Li TaiRu, I saw the sign and I’m here to offer my services.”

Syen came down the stairs and walked over to Elkanah and Li TaiRu.
"Welcome to the hospital." she greeted.
"If I heard right, you want to help and work here? Let me give you a short tour of the place."

"On the ground floor are those patients that can't walk up the stairs, or we have keep seperated for some other reasons. In general we try to divide our patients into those who are ill and those who are injured, to reduce the chance to chatch a disease. For those who come here with minor problems we have a waiting room in the first floor and some nurses who look after them, treat them if they know what to do. If the don't, they will call one of us. We have a few rooms in the back for those who work here, so that someone will be there if anything happens at night. But of course you don't have to stay here all the time. Just tell Tena if you want to leave and that's fine."

Waving at stout woman with a bloody apron, the woman came over:
"This is Mira. She's leading the staff and will help if both Tena and I aren't here. She also knows how to contact us in case of an emergency."

Smiling she clapped Mira on the shoulder and the woman rolled her eyes before nodding a short greeting, then walking away at a briskly pace.

Syen look again and the two standing before her:
"Do you have any questions?"

Edited by Sorana

Assuming this occurs before divided we fall's battle that's about to happen

Devaan limped into the room, bare-chested and covered in blood

"Hey" He said, wincing through the pain

"I'm gonna need someone to patch me up here, the wounds I cut aren't deep, just messy" He told the shocked hospital staff

Upon closer inspection, you could see that Devaan had carved Aons into his body, each glowing softly with a connection to the Dor, but not in use yet.

"Don't use your healing investiture on me, or that'll ruin the hard work, a needle and thread will do for this. Anyone happen to be medically trained in this hospital?"

Devaan then promptly collapsed, on the brink of unconsciousness. 

Syen hurried over to Devaan, catching him before he fell down.
"Tena, could you please lend me a hand?"
she asked and together they helped Devaan to a small room at the right side of the building, laying him on a bed.
"I'll be back in a moment."

Syen raced out of the room, looking for a nurse who could help her carry what she would need, muttering
"Crazy, completely crazy."
under her breath.

She returned shortly later, arms full of bandages and a bag over her shoulder.
"I can take it from here."
she told Tena, offering her to leave if she wanted. Looking over Devaan she reached for a thick piece of folded leather.
"That will hurt a lot."
she informed him, pushing the leather in his mouth.
"You can spit it out, if you want to. But I really recommend to keep it in, unless you want to hurt your teeth or your tongue."

Carefully she started cleaning the wounds using a cold filtrated boil of birch leaves and afterwards sewed the flesh together. She began with the wounds that seemed to be the worst, working to those with lesser impact on Devaan health. But the biggest problem was, that there were just so many of them. Before wrapping a bandage around each wound she grinded chamomille and St Johns wort and put the mixture below the bandage. It took her a while but in the end she stepped back from the table, stretching her back.

"You lost a lot of blood."
she told Devaan and helped him to drink something.
"You should definitly sleep for a while and let your body heal. Otherwise you will just collapse again."

I simply assumed that Syen can find plants that have a similar effect that our herbs in the real world. To make it easier to understand I didn't invent any names, I just went with what I knew or what stood in my "finding and using wildherbs in nature" book. So if you don't agree with what they do, we can always discuss it, it's not so important for me if she uses this or that. I just wanted to add a bit of flair to Syen and read two books about herbs and their effects in healing when I knew what to play. I didn't make a full research, so mistakes are definitly possible. And I am no trained doctor in real, so I also went with I know from books/ the internet. Input is definitly valued, but I don't know if needed. Then I had to look up all the plants in english, and I hope I chose the right words, please tell me if I went with something old or unused.

Edited by Sorana

Devaan woke up,  his body had lost a lot of blood but, he’d been through much worse, he looked down at his chest, covered in nearly stitched Aonic symbols. He took out his bracers he made for this occasion, they stored connection to the Dor, and tapped them, each sigil on his body glowed with a white light, he felt stronger, faster, he let the glow spread to the rest of the sigils, the ones on his hand let him emit concussive blasts, helpful in fights, the ones on his legs made them tougher, he could now survive extreme  drops with no damage. He felt the investiture coursing through him, lord ruler, he might be able to block a shardblade with this amount of investiture.

he stopped tapping, and walked through the hospital to the main reception.

”Thanks for the help” he said to Syen as he tried to leave the hospital 

Syen looked at Devaan and shook her head, but smiled all the while. Her brother had been the same.

"I don't think I can convince you to stay here for a day at least."

She guessed and handed him a bottle.

"Use this when you change the bandages, it should help to keep an infection away. And if you don't feel well, or even worse please come by and I'll have a look."

Hesitating a moment she added:

"And of course a donation to pay for what I used on you would be greatly appreciated."

She felt her smile becoming a bit strained, she always felt uncomfortable with this part of the work here. But in the end they had expenses to cover.

Devaan looked, the woman was obviously uncomfortable about having to ask for donations

”I don’t have anything on me now, but I’ll whip something up for you in a couple days” Devaan said, taking the bottle and stumbling out the door

three days later, a box was delivered full to the brim with metalminds, with a note:

These are unsealed electruminds, use them to dampen the pain some patients might experience, there is also a couple zincminds in the box to help with the more difficult emergencies, good luck.

Edited by Nohadon

Syen watched the man leave the hospital and turned to the donations Box. Taking the small package in there she slowly walked over to the small room she had taken as her workspace and opened it. Immediatly the smell of the different plants washed over her and lifted a weight of her shoulders. She always felt more secure, more content while working alone. Essun left her and settled on a wall above the table, next to some plants hanging from the ceiling. Bottles stood along shelves, those she still worked on standing near those she kept here as a reserve and some empty bottles. Nothing was labeled, she didn't need it - but it had earned her a few astonished glances from the few who had visited the room. She had told the staff to leave the room alone and added a shelve in their supply room with a few bottles they could use in an emergency, keeping this door mostly looked. It was her room, hers alone.

Opening the package she examined the content Essun crawled over, if you could call it like that, it was more like flying on the wall and settled on the table.

"You want to take a look?"

Syen asked and her spren made herself completely flat, like a glittering piece of cloth, making her grin in response.

"I take that as a no."

"It was a good morning."

Stated Essun after a while and Syen nodded her agreement.

"Yeah. Could you imagine doing something like that?"

Essun curled herself a bit and Syen smiled.

"Me neither."

It took her a bit, but in the end she put the pills in a jar and closed the lid. Dangerous, but with a lot of potential. She could make something out of them, she just needed a little time. Locking the jar away she refilled her bag and left the room.

When she opened Devaans package later and saw the pieces of metal she had an idea what they could be. After a short glance at the piece of paper she went to Tena.

"Could you tell me what that says?"

She asked handing the notice over.

Edited by Sorana

" These are unsealed electruminds, use them to dampen the pain some patients might experience, there is also a couple zincminds in the box to help with the more difficult emergencies, good luck. That's what it says." Tena dropped a coin and Pushed off it, flipping herself over and standing on the roof.

Syen looked over at Elkanah.
"No, nothing big at the moment. I'm sorry I have to go after Tena for a moment."

Climbing up the stairs she found a window and walked on the roof. When she was next to Tena she handed her one of each metalminds.
"I think you can use them too."
she explained, carefully not looking down.

Afterwards she left the hospital.

Edited by Sorana