He did a general Q&A yesterday (8th Aug 2014) at Forbidden Planet in London, answering fan questions while signing books. Most of the ones I overheard while standing in line had already been addressed in previous WoB, though (e.g., when is Darksteel coming out, is there and Elantris sequel planned, what's your favourite character, etc.). Hopefully someone else who was there and asked something 'juicy' will post it soon.

He did read an excerpt from a new chapter of Stormlight Archive #3 (not sure what's the working title of it). It was a very early draft, he said he'd written it like last week.

Hoping this is the right place where to post these, you'll find more details under spoiler.

BEWARE!

Spoiler from Words of Radiance & Stormlight Archive #3.

The excerpt was from Jasnah Kholin's viewpoint, right after her 'death' on the Wind's Pleasure. She had just been 'transported' to Shadesmar by Ivory, and was trying to get her bearings of what had just happened and where she was.

This isn't the place to post stuff like this, each event/signing has its own thread in the Events, Signings, and Stalking forum.  This event's thread can be found here.

@WeiryWriter Ops, I am sorry. Still getting my bearings on this forum. I didn't know that every event had its own topic. Won't happen again!

@Argent I meant Dragonsteel. My bad. Can't believe I made so many mistakes in just one post.

• 2 weeks later...

This was in response to my question; "Have any of the Heralds left the Greater Roshar system in the last 4500 years?"

"No, they are bound to it."

Didn't really know where to chuck it, but I figured here would do.

EDIT: I was going to upload a photo, but then it was too large, and I got lazy. Sorry :D

Edited by Youngy

Q:  You mentioned that human can’t bond Honorblades, but Nalan tells Szeth that his bond with his Honorblade has been broken. Can you clear this up?
A:  Humans CAN bond Honorblades. There's a crucial difference between Honorblades and Shardblades. When you drop an Honorblade, it does not disappear, even if it has been bonded. A Shardblade will disappear when dropped.

Wait a sec...If Honorblades dont dissapear, what about Szeth then? He had an honorblade, and could dimiss it

Q:  You mentioned that human can’t bond Honorblades, but Nalan tells Szeth that his bond with his Honorblade has been broken. Can you clear this up?

A:  Humans CAN bond Honorblades. There's a crucial difference between Honorblades and Shardblades. When you drop an Honorblade, it does not disappear, even if it has been bonded. A Shardblade will disappear when dropped.

Wait a sec...If Honorblades dont dissapear, what about Szeth then? He had an honorblade, and could dimiss it

I may be mistaken but I believe it means a honorblade won't vanish if you accidentally drop it, but you can voluntary make it disappear. It works reverse of a shardblade which you need to will it to remain solid after dropping it.

Here is good enough. It also lends some credence to the theory that Damnation is (on) Braize.

That's considered a theory? I thought the book confirmed that pretty directly. I can't get a quote at the moment, but I am pretty sure... Unless we don't trust Vorin lore.

That's considered a theory? I thought the book confirmed that pretty directly. I can't get a quote at the moment, but I am pretty sure... Unless we don't trust Vorin lore.

Uh, right. Had a derp moment there.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope we can leave this thread up for a long time. For people like me who do not visit this site regularly, like me, I miss out of a lot of new information reveals through Q&As, interviews, and the like since trawling through the Events sub-forum is tedious and the board is a bit convoluted. This thread is one of the best features on the website.

Yep. It was confirmed in WoR that Braize is Damnation. I believe I was the first one to point that out as well which is odd because I miss a lot of stuff that other people catch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q: Is Hoid the one that comes out of the lake that Rock is talking about?

A:  RAFO.

OK, If that lake Rock is talking about, the Emerald Lake, is a shardpool, and this RAFO is correct, then could Hoid/others Worldhop by going through Shardpools? After all, in Elantris they had the Lake, which at one point was depicted as being sideways, with someone going through it like a portal. And Hoid has only appeared so far on worlds with Shardpools, except in Warbreaker. But Warbreaker may have a Shardpool somewhere out there... What do y'all think? Is this the MAJOR HIIIIIIINT that was in Elantris?

Probably. I don't remember where i saw it, but i thought there was a WoB somewhere that mentioned that all shards had a shardpool. It mentioned the well of ascension as being leras's, and ati's was somewhere underground by the pits of hathsin, which was why they formed atium geodes there. i read this a while back though, so i can't say where to find it.

OK, If that lake Rock is talking about, the Emerald Lake, is a shardpool, and this RAFO is correct, then could Hoid/others Worldhop by going through Shardpools? After all, in Elantris they had the Lake, which at one point was depicted as being sideways, with someone going through it like a portal. And Hoid has only appeared so far on worlds with Shardpools, except in Warbreaker. But Warbreaker may have a Shardpool somewhere out there... What do y'all think? Is this the MAJOR HIIIIIIINT that was in Elantris?

Nazh is a worldhopper originally from Threnody, which is a planet without a Shard. I suspect we know too little about Worldhopping and the rest of it to be able to say much about what that might imply, though as ever I'm eager to hear what people speculate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to the Comic Con FanX in Salt Lake this past weekend. Here are the questions that I asked at his panel and the signing. I didn't know if somebody was recording, so I started an account just to post this.

During the panel I asked the question:

"At the Yomen wedding, the newlyweds are talking to 'a scruffy man who looked like a beggar, dressed all in black.' Is this an appearance of Hoid?" His answer was that yes, in fact, it was. I don't know if there was a recording of that event or if that question has been asked, but I decided to let you know, just in case.

In addition, my friends and I attended his book signing at around 5:00. Just in case there was nobody recording that, I have another few questions that we asked him:

"In the flashback with Shallan meeting Hoid, Hoid pours something from a pouch into his cup and drinks it. Are these Allomantic metal shavings?" His answer was that there was something indeed significant about what Hoid placed in the cup, but that it was not necessarily Allomantic shavings. He wouldn't tell me what it specifically was and gave me a R.A.F.O. card.

"When Kelsier is teaching Vin about the basic eight Allomantic Metals, he talks about not flaring metals, especially Tin and Pewter, as it does strange things to people. Does this imply that there were other savants before Spook?" His answer was that there were other savants before Spook.

"Can aluminum be used to destroy a Feruchemist's metalmind if the person bruning aluminum were to cut his hand and place it on the metalmind." He said that cuting the hand would probably not be enough, but that I was on the right track (I assume this means that you could pierce your hand with a metalmind, or a Hemalurgic spike and destroy it with aluminum).

He R.A.F.O.ed my other question:

"So each anti-investiture is like its world's investiture, but can't be effected by it. So aluminum can't be affected and destroyes Allomancy, ralkalest can't be Soulstamped, Shardblades are blunted by that one thing. Is the black filled sphere that Galivar gives to Szeth the anti-investiture to Stormlight?" When I asked this, he became much more tight-lipped and said that was an interesting theory and that I would learn more in book three.