Aesudan and Lhan

So I've got this crazy hunch. I'm not even going to call it a theory because I don't have any direct passages to truly support it, and it's also based off of other theories.

I'm a big fan of the theory that the heralds are changing into either the ten fools or perversions of themselves. So what if Aesudan and Lhan are both heralds?

Aesudan could be Palah, and her perversion is surrounding herself with Ardent who are sycophants, not promoting her learning, and by hoarding the food that spoils, instead of giving it.

This also could put two more of the Heralds at Gavilar's assasination, as Elokhar's wife would be present, and she'd most likely take with her some of her favorite ardents.

Lhan would then be Ishi. He's supposed to be pious and guiding, but his actions with Pai shows that he's guiding her and other ardents to reject true piety.

Edited by EMTrevor

I really doubt this. What reason is there to believe that the heralds would change? And why wouldn't the other heralds seem any different? Nale and Shalash don't seem to be acting any different.

The ideals of Nalans order is just and confident. And if Darkness is Nalan as is commonly held as true, then it seems like his actions is a perversion  those ideals. Just would imply that it would be more important to find criminals with worse crimes that Lift's. And not just because because she is a surgebinder.

A common theory that is held as true by most on this forum is that Shallash is Baxils mistress from the interlude in WoK. Her ideals are Creativity and honesty. IF the theory are true, she is destroying art and especially art that picures herself. This too seems like a perversion of her ideals.

This is the reason that looking for a herald in the books often is done by finding someone that i acting as a perversion/opposite of the choosen heralds ideals.

Edit: Also, in WoR prolouge the one person supposed to be Nalan and another person (probably herald) talk about shallash getting worse and themselves do not feel like worse. One says that they were not supposed to get worse.

Edit2: This quote from ann death quote also supports the Shallash theory:

“A woman sits and scratches out her own eyes. Daughter of kings and winds, the vandal.”

Dated Palahevan, 1173, 73 seconds pre-death. Subject: a beggar of some renown, known for his elegant songs.

Edited by Binnut

• Chaos locked this topic