Killing the Lord Ruler

Kramerfarve

Hey, if someone like the Lord Ruler was shot with say a hemalurgic spike gun that shot with enough power to make the spike penetrate all the way through his body, could it be crafted to take away his feruchemical ability to store age? And could he be killed in this manner?

Edited by Kramerfarve
Typo

10 minutes ago, Kramerfarve said:

Hey, if someone like the Lord Ruler was shot with say a hemalurgic spike gun that shot with enough power to make the spike penetrate all the way through his body, could it be crafted to take away his feruchemical ability to store age? And could he be killed in this manner?

Assuming it's possible to charge a hemalurgic spike at distance, which is still unknown, that could work assuming he wasn't tapping gold at the time. If he were tapping gold, it would heal the physical and spiritual damage to his self, and regain the ability to tap his age.

56 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Assuming it's possible to charge a hemalurgic spike at distance, which is still unknown, that could work assuming he wasn't tapping gold at the time. If he were tapping gold, it would heal the physical and spiritual damage to his self, and regain the ability to tap his age.

It's possible so long as the necessary Intent is present and the spike hits in just the right spot.

He might not even need to be tapping health as he's being spiked, just survive long enough afterwards to start the healing process before his Spiritual age catches up with him. Though currently nobody knows how to do hemalurgy where the Spiritual damage doesn't outright kill the victim, so that's more of a theoretical possibility.

Kurkistan

Could Miles heal back his Allomancy if it was spiked out of him?

Brandon Sanderson

No, he could not. He would no longer be an Allomancer. Also, he'd probably be dead. :)

Kurkistan

Thanks!

I'd thought maybe he could just do some super-tapping from his existing Health in his goldminds (since he'd still have his Feruchemy)...

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, I see what you're asking. Using Feruchemy to heal the removed portion of soul. That's actually plausible, not so different from healing other kinds of soul-wounds. If he survived, then yes, this actually might work. (That's why I get for reading the questions so quickly.)

source

5 hours ago, Weltall said:

He might not even need to be tapping health as he's being spiked, just survive long enough afterwards to start the healing process before his Spiritual age catches up with him. Though currently nobody knows how to do hemalurgy where the Spiritual damage doesn't outright kill the victim, so that's more of a theoretical possibility.

I mean, physical and spiritual damage would kill him before spiritual age backlash killed, so I would be more worried about that than having the time to start tapping. I think the physical damage alone would be a near instantaneous kill which is why he would need to be tapping gold at the moment to prevent that instantaneous death.

• Chaos locked this topic