Should we have a Games (sub)Forum?

Not sure quite where to post this, and not sure quite which site admins to tag, so I’m just going to go ahead and post it here and tag @Chaos, @firstRainbowRose, @Argent, and @WeiryWriter and trust that if I made a mistake that someone will fix it and/or point me in the right direction. 

Anyway, I’ve noticed that in the past several months there has been a signficant increase in the number of forum games being played on this site, particularly in the general thread. Aside from the games that have their own forums and sub-forums (like Sanderson Elimination and the various RPGs), There are games such as (in no particular order) Guess that Cosmere Character, Guess that Cosmere place, Cosmere Codenames, the Nightwatcher boon/bane game, the Awakening game, Cosmere Character Roast (Rap) Battles, Um... Actually (a game), The Elimination Game, Hurt and Heal Cosmere Edition, and probably more that I’ve missed because I haven’t perused the correct section of the forums lately. 

With that in mind, would it be worthwhile to create a separate forum or perhaps a Subforum in the General section dedicated specifically to forum games? What does everyone think? (I’m particularly curious what the admins think). 

5 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

The hard thing about the games are they can stray into spoiler territory (which is why some end up in the Cosmere forum instead of the general one). But otherwise, yeah, it could be cool. 

Isn’t that all the more of a reason to have a dedicated game (sub)forum? That way everyone only has one forum to worry about. The admins could even post a disclaimer at the top of the forum saying that it may contain spoilers, if they so desired. 

ftr, this should probably be in Shard discussion. You may be right though.

Other than that, I like this idea. Like, I know from experience that it's is rather difficult to keep track of spoilers in games, and I think this could help.

I also speak from experience when I say that I agree with @Kidpen. You can start a game spoiler-free, but it will eventually find spoilers as time progresses. Would it be possible to have an Oathbringer-spoiler subforum within the games forum?

Edited by Ashspren

Just now, Ashspren said:

I also speak from experience when I say that I agree with @Kidpen. You can start a game spoiler-free, but it will eventually find spoilers as time progresses. Would it be possible to have an Oathbringer-spoiler subforum within the games forum?

Might make more sense just to allow [OB] tags or have them on tags.

• Chaos locked this topic