Caesura

Come ask me dumb questions

33 posts in this topic

This looks like fun, and I'm procrastinating. Anyone want to ask me pointless questions?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take you up on that

  • Would you rather have leg sized fingers or finger sized legs?
  • Would you rather be teleported 50 years into the future or 50 years into the past? You bring any items currently on your body with one weeks notice.
  • Your favourite villain has to protect you from your favourite protagonist for the next week. Who are they and do you survive?
  • Would you rather get $10,000 upfront or $50,000 exactly 15 years from now? (Inflation is accounted for)
  • Would you rather have a well above average ability to predict the stock market or have the ability to see one minute into the future every day?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you know what you’re getting into...

Would you rather wake up one day as a stick or a rock?

Why are you procrastinating?

What did you do at exactly 10:13 and 5 seconds last night?

Are Vogue patterns complicated?

How many types of rocks are there?

Why was WWI fought? (I expect a detailed answer)

Where is Benin?

How old is Seychelles? What is their flag?

What is the meaning of life?

In your opinion, was Christopher Columbus a good person?

All I can think of for now. I’ll be back with more.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BWA HA HA!!!

Is life meaningless?

What is the digital root of 379?

Why does gravity work? (three paragraphs will suffice)

What is the second smallest south american country?

What is the best flavor of dried worm?

WHy did you make this post?

Do you know what you are getting yourself into?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CaesuraIf shalebark grows in a forest and no one sees it, how much does tallew cost in Azir? 

Which cosmere world is best suited for your temperament?

Who is afraid of the big bad wolf?

If you were fighting an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want to have by your side?

 If you had to face down a pack of stick wielding sand creatures which cosmere character would you want by your side?

If A squared plus B squared equals C squared then what do you get when you add the sixth of dusk squared plus 10 heralds squared?
 
Gandalf or Saruman?
 
Percy Jackson or Tien?
If you could have the choice of owning a bottomless chest of gold which would subtract a year of your life for every ten pieces taken out would you do it?
 
Edited by Nathrangking
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

I'll take you up on that

  • Would you rather have leg sized fingers or finger sized legs?
  • Would you rather be teleported 50 years into the future or 50 years into the past? You bring any items currently on your body with one weeks notice.
  • Your favourite villain has to protect you from your favourite protagonist for the next week. Who are they and do you survive?
  • Would you rather get $10,000 upfront or $50,000 exactly 15 years from now? (Inflation is accounted for)
  • Would you rather have a well above average ability to predict the stock market or have the ability to see one minute into the future every day?

Finger-sized legs. Life in a wheelchair with functional hands is much more appealing.

50 years into the future. 50 years into the past is 1968, which really doesn't sound that interesting. Further back and I might be tempted.

I'm terrible at favourites so I honestly have no idea.

$10,000 up front I think. I'd stick it in savings and get interest on it.

I don't understand stocks but that sounds a lot more useful.

11 hours ago, Silva said:

Hope you know what you’re getting into...

Would you rather wake up one day as a stick or a rock?

Why are you procrastinating?

What did you do at exactly 10:13 and 5 seconds last night?

Are Vogue patterns complicated?

How many types of rocks are there?

Why was WWI fought? (I expect a detailed answer)

Where is Benin?

How old is Seychelles? What is their flag?

What is the meaning of life?

In your opinion, was Christopher Columbus a good person?

All I can think of for now. I’ll be back with more.

A rock. More interesting, less breakable.

I'm procrastinating prep for a presentation and research for an essay, because I'm tired and unmotivated. 

If I remember right, between 10-10.30pm last night I was making PowerPoint slides for my presentation. So probably formatting pictures for that.

Probably. I'm too cheap to sew from patterns though so I make my own from newspaper.

Many.

Because some rich dude got assassinated and people got angry, so everyone picked sides and tried to kill each other.

On the coast of western Africa, between Togo and Nigeria. 

They claimed independence from the UK in 1976, is that what you mean? Their flag looks like this 

Spoiler

1280px-Flag_of_Seychelles.svg.thumb.png.e7c989baa684a707a3e82378537418ec.png

42.

I don't really have an opinion on Christopher Columbus. 

5 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

BWA HA HA!!!

Is life meaningless?

What is the digital root of 379?

Why does gravity work? (three paragraphs will suffice)

What is the second smallest south american country?

What is the best flavor of dried worm?

WHy did you make this post?

Do you know what you are getting yourself into?

Not necessarily. 

1

Because of Einstein's theory of relativity. I do chemistry, not physics.

Uruguay.

Chocolate covered, obviously.

For a laugh.

At least partially.

5 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

@CaesuraIf shalebark grows in a forest and no one sees it, how much does tallew cost in Azir? 

Which cosmere world is best suited for your temperament?

Who is afraid of the big bad wolf?

If you were fighting an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want to have by your side?

 If you had to face down a pack of stick wielding sand creatures which cosmere character would you want by your side?

If A squared plus B squared equals C squared then what do you get when you add the sixth of dusk squared plus 10 heralds squared?
 
Gandalf or Sarumon?
 
Percy Jackson or Tien?
If you could have the choice of owning a bottomless chest of gold which would subtract a year of your life for every ten pieces taken out would you do it?
 

Red, because Aimians don't wear hats. 

Roshar really appeals to me, but I can't guarantee I wouldn't die.

Not this kid!

Hoid. 

Also Hoid. It'd be fun.

Autonomy. (Shard squared... shard with multiple personalities.........)

Gandalf.

Percy Jackson. I loved the books as a kid.

Nah probably not.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AC12 said:

What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I am Arthur, King of the Britons

I seek the Holy Grail

An African swallow, or a European swallow?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is your second least favorite cosmere character?
Why does the bear in the beehive want his fiddle back?
What colour are the eyes of the third person you saw today?
Would you rather be a Lifeless Commander or a Bloodsealer?
Where is the cake?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alvron said:

Who is your second least favorite cosmere character?
Why does the bear in the beehive want his fiddle back?
What colour are the eyes of the third person you saw today?
Would you rather be a Lifeless Commander or a Bloodsealer?
Where is the cake?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Sadeas.

Because musical instruments are expensive.

Hazel, I believe.

I'd rather Forgery than Bloodsealing.

There is no cake. It's a lie.

About 700 pounds a day. Apparently scientists have actually calculated that, which seems like a poor use of time and funding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your favorite flavor of soda?

Orange or Blue?

would you rather fight 1 evil horse sized duck or 20 evil duck sized horses?

if you had 1 wish what would it be?

If you were a mythical creature, what would you be?

Edited by Inklingspren
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 11:06 AM, Inklingspren said:

What is your favorite flavor of soda?

Orange or Blue?

would you rather fight 1 evil horse sized duck or 20 evil duck sized horses?

if you had 1 wish what would it be?

If you were a mythical creature, what would you be?

We have a drink in New Zealand called L&P (lemon and paeroa). It's a bit like Sprite, but... more lemony?

Blue.

Duck sizes horses. Am not keen to get bitten by a giant duck.

An end to poverty and world hunger - equal distribution of the world's resources.

I wanna say something cool like a dragon or a griffon or something. I'm probably more of a nymph sort - a dryad or something.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, daschaich said:

That is what I'm named after, yes. Who do you think the poet is that Kvothe killed to get that name?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Caesura said:

That is what I'm named after, yes. Who do you think the poet is that Kvothe killed to get that name?

Quote

"What do you know of poetry?" Ambrose said without bothering to turn around.

"I know a limping verse when I hear it," I said.  "But this isn't even limping.  A limp has rhythm.  This is more like someone falling down a set of stairs.  Uneven stairs.  With a midden at the bottom."

"It is a sprung rhythm," he said, his voice stiff and offended.  "I wouldn't expect you to understand."

"Sprung?"  I burst out with an incredulous laugh.  "I understand that if I saw a horse with a leg this badly 'sprung,' I'd kill it out of mercy, then burn its poor corpse for fear the local dogs might gnaw on it and die."

But I suspect the name just grew out of Kvothe's... undisguised dislike of poetry.

So... questions... um... Read any good books lately?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daschaich said:

But I suspect the name just grew out of Kvothe's... undisguised dislike of poetry.

So... questions... um... Read any good books lately?

I do wonder if it's Ambrose... There's mention a couple times of him being in line for the throne of Vintas, and also of other people who are in line for the throne getting killed off. He might end up being the king that Kvothe kills.

I haven't had much time to read recently, too busy with uni. I'm halfway through BoM though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2018 at 0:05 AM, Caesura said:

I do wonder if it's Ambrose... There's mention a couple times of him being in line for the throne of Vintas, and also of other people who are in line for the throne getting killed off. He might end up being the king that Kvothe kills.

Yeah. I've heard that theory. I do wonder if the Poet he kills is Simon, though, as Sim is a big fan of poetry, and because of the bit about Kvothe killing an angel (unless a real one shows up, Sim is as close as we're gonna get).

Here's some questions:

You have three spades in your hand and there have been five spades played. How many spades is that?

Four?

Which one is more colourful, white or black?

How do you show amusement without words or expressions (and yes, there is a correct answer)?

If seven plus six is fifty four, why is Adolin angry?

Which is the worst animal?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

Yeah. I've heard that theory. I do wonder if the Poet he kills is Simon, though, as Sim is a big fan of poetry, and because of the bit about Kvothe killing an angel (unless a real one shows up, Sim is as close as we're gonna get).

Here's some questions:

You have three spades in your hand and there have been five spades played. How many spades is that?

Four?

Which one is more colourful, white or black?

How do you show amusement without words or expressions (and yes, there is a correct answer)?

If seven plus six is fifty four, why is Adolin angry?

Which is the worst animal?

Eight spades.

Yes.

See, you could argue that either way. Black is the absence of colours, while white is a mix of all colours. But that's because white reflects all visible wavelengths, while black absorbs them, so arguably black is the most colour-full.

Draw a picture? Adem hand gestures?

Well, I don't know about Adolin, but it makes me a bit mad. That's bad maths, and fifty four isn't a very nice number.

No animal is the worst animal, I like them all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that Simmon will be the poet Kvothe kills, for the record. And I also think that Newarre is close to the Stormwal Mountains in Vintas, and that (King) Ambrose and the Maer are fighting over supremecy of Vintas, or that the royal line is gone right down to the Maer and he is fighting a rebellion that Kvothe started with the Chandrian.

My question is: How do you think Kvothe unlocks the Four-plated Door? And who is the princess he stole from the sleeping barrow king? I personally think that it's Auri.

Edited by AxeliustheGreat
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

I agree that Simmon will be the poet Kvothe kills, for the record. And I also think that Newarre is close to the Stormwal Mountains in Vintas, and that (King) Ambrose and the Maer are fighting over supremecy of Vintas, or that the royal line is gone right down to the Maer and he is fighting a rebellion that Kvothe started with the Chandrian.

My question is: How do you think Kvothe unlocks the Four-plated Door? And who is the princess he stole from the sleeping barrow king? I personally think that it's Auri.

Simmon is likely too. More likely than Ambrose, although I like the theory. I agree that Newarre is probably in Vintas; the Stormwal mountains are probably the mountains Kote mentions the scrael coming over.

I'm not sure how he'll open the Four-Plate Door. It has some parallels with the Lockless box, and the thrice-locked chest from the frame story. Any ideas? I think the princess is Auri, there's a lot of hints and subtext that she is the missing Princess Ariel. Who is the barrow king? I've heard it suggested that he's behind the Four-Plate Door. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's what I've heard too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Do you plan on killing Willow off?

I wasn't planning on it, no. Why's that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.