Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

I'd like to resubmit my character of Aln for the next Era, please. I haven't really changed anything about her abilities, but there have been some alterations to her backstory.

Approved! I'll add her to the Era 5 character list.

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

I'm going to ping @Sorana as politely as I can, as it's possible that the change I've made to Aln's backstory could affect Temeria. Obviously it doesn't have to if you don't want, but it would change how Aln interacts with her. 

thanks for letting me know! If you want to, we could discuss details of how the two meet/ interact in a pm.

Here’s E5 Deteca! @Voidus because Epic power spike and double-checking that her backstory’s okay. 

Spoiler

Name: Deteca Nutvry

Appearance: Female. Thirty-eight. Very short hair, Iriali gold; could probably be mistaken for male if haircut alone was looked at. Tan skin, light blue eyes. Not especially strong muscles; very slim; slightly shorter than the average height for her age. Has a spike in the middle of her upper chest, just beneath her collarbone. 

Magic: Voidmaking; trained by Voidus, practices often. (I’m placing her ability at about 100, not sure of the exact limits there, but a seven on the scale of one to ten.) Spike granting the Epic ability to sense the potential of an idea. 

Skills: Intelligence - Intelligent: 30; Projectile Weapon Combat Training - Amateur: 30; Scholarship - Skilled: 30 

Equipment: Pistol, Alleycant pen 

Weaknesses: Her parents are a liability, and she would do a lot to keep them safe. If she is reminded of Akied, she can have a difficult time staying in the moment and will sometimes stop what she’s doing. Pagophobia. She has a mild fear of leaving the Alleycity, closer to “I’d like to not do that” than “Absolutely not”. 

Family: Deteca’s parents are, shockingly, both alive. Her mother was from Iri, but worldhopped out of Roshar the first chance she got and found her way to Alleycity. Her father had lived there most of his life, but is ethnically Elisian. She had a younger brother named Akied, who is deceased.

Home Planet: The Alleyverse. She was born and raised in the Alleycity, and hasn’t ever left. 

Backstory: Deteca was born and raised in the Alleycity, where her parents live. Akied was born seven years after her, but choked to death on an ice cube when he was six. His death caused Deteca to turn to the Dark Alley later in life in her grief; becoming a member gave her something to throw herself into, something to work toward, and she steadily grew to love the quiet guild’s studying and learning. She came to realize she was a Voidmaker and was mentored by Voidus. At the same time as the Seven Day War, she gave herself the Epic power through a spike. 

Guild: The Dark Alley (Research and Development Department) 

Personality: Friendly, competitive, likes to make others laugh, loves to help explore and develop new ideas, loves most forms of sugar, extremely supportive of her guild after what they’ve done for her, occasionally finds the secretive ways of the DA annoying because she wants to go out and share all the awesome things they’re doing, feels lost without something to be working on. 

Fighting Style: Intimidate someone to get them to back off; if that doesn’t work, try not to kill them with Voidmaking. 

Theme Song: Hero by Tommee Profitt and Mike Mains 

For Myriad I’m not changing much, just an update: 

Spoiler

Name: Was named Marian Summers when alive. Has used many names, switches every so often, usually goes by something that starts with an M. Currently going by Myriad.

Appearance: Changes completely depending on what body she's wearing. Gravitates toward females when she has a choice. Prefers older teenagers or young adults; is mentally eighteen, though she has lived through twenty-five years.

Magic: She is a poltergeist, which is essentially a ghost that has to possess people to think. When not possessing people they’re invisible to anyone who's not another poltergeist. When possessing people they're just like that person, though personal quirks could be their own and they have their own minds. They can sometimes use skills that that person has. They are able to leave a body and stop possessing anytime they want; they’re also forcefully ejected when their host body dies. While they're there, it's like the body's original owner is sleeping. It is theoretically possible that a poltergeist and the other person could coexist if it was impossible for them to be 'put to sleep' by their nature, due to Investiture or simply a strong will. However, getting into the body in the first place can be a minor struggle as they fight the intrusion subconsciously. 

Skills: Intelligent - 30, Scholarship - Amateur 

Equipment: Scholar’s Guild notebook spanreed 

Weaknesses: (OOC, will never possess PCs unless I control them or I am given permission by that character's writer.) Tends to underestimate other people, especially if they aren't intellectuals. Has an extreme fear of roads and crossing them, never jaywalks. Sometimes has flashbacks of her death when crossing and will freak out, running away or Bolting in a chain until she calms down. Never learned to drive a car or any other vehicle, will consent to be a passenger in one but only after trying to find an alternative and feels slight anxiety within. Is not sapient when not inhabiting a person, primally seeking the warmth and life of a body no matter what. Bothers to get medical treatment only sometimes, often merely leaving her former host hurt - even mortally so (or dead) - and will therefore be slowed down by injuries in a fight, ranging from a cut gushing blood to a missing arm. Refuses to use an animal body out of pride. Is still learning about the Alleyverse, cosmere, and the magic systems of most Earths. 

Family: Does not remember any details about her family

Home Planet: The Earth Brandon's short story Dreamer is set in. Utah, the United States of America. 

Backstory: Marian can only recall the most basic details about her life before she died; she loved school and wanted to be a teacher. That dream was stolen from her when she was eighteen and ran across the street without looking, getting hit by a car and dying. However, she became a poltergeist. Marian tried to make contact with her family, but was unable to convince them of the truth and eventually abandoned them. She wandered the continent of North America for seven years, having the rare encounter with another who could do what she could and learning what little she could before moving on. She slowly became more jaded as she witnessed people commit crimes and die, but retained a small amount of hope that there was more to humanity than that. Her wandering eventually led her to the Alleyverse, where she has been for the last several months. 

Guild: The Scholar's Guild and the Dark Alley (Acquisitions Department) 

Personality: Though she has mostly given up on people, she has kept some semblance of a moral code, convincing herself that using other bodies is okay because it's the only way she can stay alive, and at least with her there they won't do anything awful. She usually feels guilty when she gets her body killed, though not as much as a normal person would, and feels only slight guilt if they're hurt. She tries to mix it up to be nice, not using one body for more than a few days in general. Only volunteers the information that she's a poltergeist to people she interacts with for a decent amount of time. Friendly, joking, interested in things she doesn't know, fairly stubborn - both when it's useful and when it's detrimental. Deals with PTSD. 

Fighting Style: Uses whatever weapon she has on hand, but sixty percent of the time doesn't know how to use them and therefore does a bad job of harming any trained fighters. Sucks at protecting herself and has zero training in any weapons.

Theme Song: Ghost by Jacob Lee

(TL;DR: changed her scholarship to Amateur, got rid of her painrial and Soulcaster as the direction I decided to write her in is different, had her arrive a bit earlier, and tidied up the sheet a bit just for my own happiness lol) 

Edited by AonEne

On 7/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, Voidus said:

Returned: +55

This is... really overrated.

I definitely think this piece of the index should be looked at again.

As an explanation of my reasoning:

Pros of being Returned:

You're muscular (probably, but not definitely, if you're male)

You're tall (probably, but not definitely, if you're male)

You're... curvy? (if you're female, probably)

You can commit suicide to save someone

You can theoretically get small amounts of future sight

Cons of being returned:

You die if you don't consume souls every week.

Sure, the cons can be gotten around easily when you're in the alleyverse, because you can fuel it with stormlight and other stuff.

But being Returned sorta sucks, all in all. I'd honestly argue it should be worth, maybe, a plus 5. At the very least, it should not be more than

On 7/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, Voidus said:

Level Two: Iron, Pewter, Malatium (+40)

or the like

in no world is that being muscular/tall/pretty, and being able to commit really dramatic suicide, worth more then being able to store your strength for later use.

@Voidus @Sorana @I think I am here.

Edited by Ark1002

22 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

This is... really overrated.

I definitely think this piece of the index should be looked at again.

As an explanation of my reasoning:

Pros of being Returned:

You're muscular (probably, but not definitely, if you're male)

You're tall (probably, but not definitely, if you're male)

You're... curvy? (if you're female, probably)

You can commit suicide to save someone

You can theoretically get small amounts of future sight

Cons of being returned:

You die if you don't consume souls every week.

You're also of the 5th heightening, which gives a bunch of other benefits, like immortality for as long as you can get a supply of Investure (breath isn't necessary when you have stormlight), lifesense, perfect pitch and colour recognition, aura vision, immunity to sickness, and you might also have a way easier time of reaching the higher heightenings if you start collecting Breaths, which I think would also mean awakening in general should be easier for you, even if you don't manage to make it to the 6th heightening.

Hey @Ark1002

thanks a lot for the feedback regarding the index. Actually revising that one is next on my list, as soon as I got some feedback from Voidus regarding some other mod stuff.

I will copy it into my "editing the index" doc and I will question the points you adressed, but I won't, and can't promise you any changes. As @kenod already pointed out, being Returned adds several other benefits next to the ones you listed, and in the end, while I am aware that it is very difficult to achieve a 100% fair rating system, it is still our goal.

In general, I would like everybody not to reply to this topic in this thread anymore, as it is for character submission only! Otherwise it is really easy for one of us to miss a submitted a character. Any further comments should please go in the character discussion thread instead. Thanks!

Hi I want to join Alleyverse, so here is my caracter ^_^

Spoiler

Name: Allenice

Age/Gender: 17/Female

abbilities: tineye and steelrunner

weakness: She often get paralize if she sees blood/ is scared of darkness/ enclosed

physical look: long white wavy hair, one eye blue and one black

personality: Sensitive, but forced she can be merciless. The only problem is, that she can't sort out with bigger group, because she would paralize. She is wary, but if she trust somebody, she will be loyal to the end

hobby: animals, she is always feeling like they like her

history: Her father is from Scadrial and mother is Rosharan lighteye. They both are kind of rich, but Alleince was disinherited.( Her father went to nightwather and wished for wealth. His bane is, that he will never love his first daughter. It also can be reason for her rare look.) Becuse of that Alleince always was ignored and humiliated. Althought her mother loved her and was the only person who loved her. He often closed her in dark room, so she could't use her tin. Because of that she is now scared of the darkness By the age of 15 she run out of house and started being a thief. Because of her abilities stealing was easy and she quikly learnt how to survive on the street. However, she is still looking for peace and acceptation.

I hope she's balanced. If not please tell me and I will change it as fast as I can :)

36 minutes ago, Emi said:

I hope she's balanced. If not please tell me and I will change it as fast as I can :)

She's approved! I'll add her to the character list tomorrow.

Welcome to the Alleyverse!

Here's Era 5 Folorian, I reworded his curse so it's more clear and I added that he is a 1st oath Lightweaver as well as a few things so his spren doesn't make his weakness meaningless. I also changed his age and when he first entered in the Alleyverse.

Spoiler

Name:  Folorian

Physical Characteristics:  Folorian is a Terris of average build and size. He is 28 years old; his skin has a colour similar close of the Alethi one, he’s bald and his eyes are brown.

He wears a traditional Terris tinningdar with V of gold, copper and silver colour. His use the sleeves to hide the important quantities of cooperminds he bears. He also has a silver plated pathian earng on the right hear and a gold-plated imitation on the left one.

Investiture:  Copper feruchemy. He also visited the Nightwatcher who sent him to the Alleycity as his boon and gave him tunnel vision as his curse (see more in weaknesses)

He is 1st oath Lightweaver but does not have access to the surge of transformation, his spren is called Kerr

Reason for being broken to form the bound: when he was 10 he tapped into a copermind of the same kind as the one Wax use at the end of W&W3, except it contained a memory of Spock experimenting on non-lethal Hemalurgy alongside Kelsier, with failures.

Skills: He’s quite intelligent, but not a genius and although he relies a lot on his metalmind, he would still be a skilled. He is also skilled enough at drawing to be able to copy images stored in coperminds without major distortions.

Equipment: He possess an important quantity of unkeyed cooperminds, most of them contain information written by expert scholars about an important number of societies in the cosmere. He also has as well some nearly empty cooperminds for his personal usage, both keyed and unkeyed. In addition to that he has a silver plated pathian earing that would once have given more endurance. He always has a stopwatch on him to mitigate his absence of time perception.

Weakness: He tends to overestimate his own knowledge and experiences about the Cosmere and is not good at social interactions. He also constantly wears an important number of more or less invested metalminds, a coinshot would be able to exploit it. Lastly, he always wears his pathian earing, an entity from the cognitive realm might be able to use that.

His old magic curse force him to focus on only one thing at a time, which means the conscious part of his brain ignore the sensory impulse coming from the rest of the world as well as hunger and the perception of time. For example, if he was reading a book, he wouldn’t hear or see anything but the world on the book and the sound of the pages turning. If he tried to store a memory, it would not store see anything he was not consciously feeling.

As his senses are not turned of but simply ignored, it is possible to make him temporarily snap out of it, making him able to use his senses normally for a few seconds, before he start focusing on only one thing again. The amount of sense stimulation needed to make him snap out will increase with how focus he is on his task but will never be lower than “enough to wake up someone sleeping”.

The “thing” he’s focusing on can be a physical object or something more abstract like a task or a discussion, the more the “thing” is wide, the less he will perceive the details, for example the faces of the people in a discussion will get more blurry as more people get in it.

He shares his curse with Kerr but each of them can focus on a different thing and communication via the Nahel bound is not impeded by the curse.

Family: He is a single child, his parents are Terris from a particularly rheumatically aware splinter group of the worldbringer, but not aware enough to have heard about the alleyverse.

Home Planet:  Scadrial

Backstory: Folorian was born in a small community of Terris Worldbringers in the south of Northern Scadrial. After discovering his ferruchemical power when he was eight, adults of the community then started training him intensely because he was the first cooper ferring to be born in two generation and therefore the only one able to use their library without southern medallion. He then passed the next three years doing almost nothing but Archivist training until the elders were sure he’d not destroy the stored information’s when he’d read them when he was 10, he snuck in the copermind reserve with his only friend Aliece because she wanted him to show her some of the memories, at some point she suggested to go in the part with the classified minds, there they found the recording of the experimentations on non-lethal hemalurgy. As a punishment for destroying an original recording by watching it, they were kept apart until she became his assigned connector.

After he had finished his archivist training, he passed 10 years copying cooperminds in order to learn as much as possible about other civilisations, their investitures and developed a fascination for shadesmar.

Around the end of these ten years the knowledge on the cooperminds he read seemed to loop and he had more and more trouble finding new knowledge. He asked the elder for the authorisation to go on a journey to find new knowledge, they agreed and assigned Aliece, now a connector, as his translator. Together they went to Roshar in order to learn more about Knights Radiants, a subject about which their library was particularly lacking. But as it was before the Everstrom and the rediscovery of Urithiru, most Radiants were still hiding and they wandered for a long time across Roshar without ever spotting one, although ironically, Folorian had unwittingly started bounding with a Cryptic. One day Folorian realised they were close to the Nightwatcher and, pretexting he wanted to study old magic, he asked her to see wonders he had never heard, and she send him to the Alleycity, close to the scholar guild’s building. He passed the next five years as a member of the Scholar Guild.

Guild: He is part of the Scholar guild

Psyche and Personality:  He easily gets excited by new knowledge and experiences but has no patience for people who try to explain him things he feels like he already knows, he also loves sharing his knowledge. While he is hesitant with initiating a personal relationship with others he easily accepts when someone else initiate one with him. He tends to overestimate his knowledge and almost never changes his ideas about something until he is proved wrong, even if everyone he knows as an opposite opinion.

He intensely hates Hemalurgy and to a lesser extent Dakkor.

Fighting Style: He would use his illusions to help him flee or help the people who can actually fight.

(tagging @Rushu42 in case the scholar guild didn't exist 5 years ago)

And here's Era 5 NullBlade, I mostly added an artificial 3 months timeskip so he can be disjointed in the new TUBA

Spoiler

Name: Aurélien Lemoine (although he almost never use it)

Epic Name: NullBlade

Physical Characteristics:  he is almost two meters tall has Makabaki skin colour and topaz yellow eyes, fit. He us age:35

Investiture:  he is an aluminium savant (+40) making him immune to any investiture or Epic powers directly applied on him, in particular his time speed do not get changed by allomantic time bubbles, he doesn’t cast malatium shadows and only his non-aluminium clothes and blade cast atium shadows, he cannot be leeched and shardblades hurt him like a dull blade of the same size and weight (unless they’ve somehow been sharpened, of course). Most detection power work on him, with the notable exception of steelsight -although the absence of things to see might give away his position anyway. Unlike most other teleportation powers, alleytravel and the surge transportation works on him -the latter is essentially creating a perpendicularity and shoving him through it. Like a pewterharm, he burns aluminium even while unconscious

Skills: Skilled longsword (+50) and amateur ranged (+30) combat

Equipment: He has an aluminium longsword in an aluminium sheath on his left side, an aluminium pistol with bullets half as powerful as the regular one in a holster on his right and an unbondable deadeye shardblade of relatively short side in a, aluminium back scabbard (+30). He wears an full chainmail made of aluminium, most of the time with the hood of, all other clothes are fully organic (not pushable). In order to be able to always burn he has aluminium bracers of the kind compounders use piercing through his harms

Weakness:

He rarely checks whether he is immune to the investiture of his opponent or not, except for the obvious ones like energy beams, though this have the advantage that his opponent may not know if he is immune either

He is a bit paranoid about opponents -or “allies”- tricking him into believing they don’t have any negated power just to use mind control power or the like as soon as he stops burning aluminium

There are powers you would actually prefer not being immune to, typically A-blendalloy or regrowth, especially while unconscious for the latter.

His shardblade don’t have the gemstone needed to bound it, meaning if it leaves his hands someone else can steal it

More of a limitation than a weakness but his clothes under his chainmail are not immune to investiture and a dulled blade still kills

Due to the way his team died, he reacts really badly to body horror

Family: His parents are wordhopers originating from the Alleyverse who decided to settle in France, his father was an atium Ferring and his mother a 4th oath Willshaper, both were killed shortly after he left to the Alleyverse. His wife, PerfectProphecy, is also dead. He has a sister who is still alive.

Home Planet:  Reckoners’ other Earth (the one with Invocation instead of Calamity)

Backstory:

Aurélien Lemoine started relatively normally, except for the fact that his mother’s spren helped his parent raised him and that they had took him a few times on a trip through Shadesmar to the Alleyverse. A lot of thing changed when he turned 10: his mother gave birth to his little sister, Invocation flared in the sky making his parent far more open with their powers and he snapped to aluminium allomancy.

Up from that point he started dreaming of becoming an epic to fight as one of the now real-life superheroes. His parent told him he didn’t need to wait for that to happened and decided to train him in the usage of the longsword and the shardblade, to encourage him to become an savant and that if he still wanted to be an super hero once adults, they’d give him his father’s shardblade.

At the age of 22, he then joined a newly formed team of epic under the name of NullBlade, compared to the other member of the team, he was very weak, but was appreciated by his comrades for his ability to take down mind-control and hallucination epics and by the ones who feared epics for his ability to stop his comrades, should it be needed.

The leader of this team was PerfectProphecy, an epic with powers of future sight and reality manipulation who later became his wife when they when 28, she was the only member of the team to whom he told the real nature of his powers and of the multiverse. They were considering leaving the team and founding a family in the Alleycity, which NullBlade believed still to be in the fifteen years peace.

The whole team was recently died during a fight where and enemy epic made his wife lost control of her powers, the reality distortion that ensued caused the building to become full of more or less recognizable bodies, every person in the building had at least three distorted corpse of themselves in the pile of bodies -NullBlade too, all heavily distorted.

He was declared dead in the accident and decided to leave to the place he had so much wanted to show his wife, the Alleyverse. He joined the TUBA three months ago to help maintain order, he was… disappointed, to say the least.

Guild: TUBA, for now

Psyche and Personality

He is relatively cold with people he doesn't know and has remorse about not settling down with his wife when they still could

As a result of having lived with people with powers far beyond his for years, and marrying one, he doesn’t fear the powerful people.

He is really bent on having people believe he is an epic and not an allomancer,

Fighting Style: He will try as much as possible to ignore his enemy powers exist and to finish the fights quickly so his opponents don’t have time find the weaknesses of his power, typically using Bloodstance or -if outnumbered- Windstance.

In both cases, the changes are in blue.

@Voidus @I think I am here. @Sorana

Edited by mathiau

On 4/14/2020 at 2:49 PM, bees? said:

revision time here you go @Voidus

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Arkaitz (“tz” makes a sibilant “ts” in Basque) Ducharme. His Epic name was Sorgin.

Physical Characteristics: He changes his body and appearance to match his outfits, but he usually stays pretty lean and around 178 cm in height, with his only truly consistent feature being his glowing lavender eyes.

Epic Powers: Whenever he wishes, which is most of the time, he is the single most attractive person alive regardless of his appearance, clothing, or other features. He can also change his body shape, facial structure, skin color, hair color, etc. However, he cannot change the color of his eyes. His final power is regeneration, theoretically on par with that of Limelight. 

Skills: He is a professional acrobat, skilled chef, and a decent shot. He also speaks French and Basque perfectly, and English with an incredibly mild accent. 

Equipment: Usually just the expensive clothes on his back and some form of weapon, like a handgun or knife.

Epic Weakness: The flower of Carlina acaulis, the wild thistle. He must know the flower is present for it to function, and it must be intact.

Other Weaknesses: While he does possess an incredible healing ability, it is not perfect: he must heal everything intentionally, not just waiting and letting things heal themselves, and he must know how they would heal (cuts and stab wounds are easy, but things like a penetrated lung are more difficult). Also, he does not enjoy being rejected. At all. Seriously. He is quite used to getting what he wants. 

Family: Arantxa (Mother, Basque), Maximilien (Father, French), assorted siblings.

Home Planet: Alternate Reckoners Earth (The one that had Invocation, not Calamity) 

Backstory: Arkaitz was born to a poor family living in the French countryside, and grew up as one of many hungry mouths that needed to be fed. As such, he wished for an escape, and when the cirque came to his town, he decided he would leave with them, starting his life as an acrobatic performer. Many years later, when Invocation rose in the sky, he began to gain strange new powers. He began to manipulate those around him, and eventually incurred the attention of a very powerful Epic, who, in an attempt to reduce competition, tried to teleport Sorgin to a dead universe, but instead sent him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Does not exist this Era, but will next Era.

Psyche: Unbelievably twisted.

Personality: He is a very manipulative and cruel person, but outwardly he seems kind and charismatic. Also, he is a very promiscuous person, with literally anyone.

Appearance: Again, it changes, but always unbelievably attractive.

Theme Song: “Putting on the Ritz” by Mel Tormé

Fighting StyleHe usually prefers to talk to people so he can get close and then slip a knife between their ribs or a gun under their chin.

i think that this got buried

Edited by bees?

14 hours ago, mathiau said:

Here's Era 5 Folorian, I reworded his curse so it's more clear and I added that he is a 1st oath Lightweaver as well as a few things so his spren doesn't make his weakness meaningless. I also changed his age and when he first entered in the Alleyverse.

Character is approved and added to the character list. Regarding the epic, you'll have to wait for Voidus. I don't have access to his epic rating system. Sorry!

50 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Character is approved and added to the character list. Regarding the epic, you'll have to wait for Voidus. I don't have access to his epic rating system. Sorry!

Actually he's not an epic, he just comes from a world with epics, and he has the exact same powers as when you approved him last era :)

26 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Actually he's not an epic, he just comes from a world with epics, and he has the exact same powers as when you approved him last era :)

In that case consider him approved ^_^

Shade:

Spoiler

Name: Shade
Appearance: 5'2'', with long black hair and brown eyes. Normally wears a black pants with a grey hoodie that seems to be a few sizes to big. She has a number of scars hidden away under her cloths.
Powers: Presence Manipulation
This ability can make people pay more or less attention to her, as well as giving them the idea she is in a different location, or give the idea she/projected presence is someone else.
Hiding her presence works similar to the Grey Men from WoT, with roughly the same level of effectiveness. Its effectiveness varies depending on the sense used to perceive her though. Hearing or seeing her doesn't do much, but her smell is still noticed and can make someone pay more attention to her, though it's generally not enough to break the ability if she doesn't do anything too suspicious. Direct physical contact will immediately break the ability though, and will make them fully aware of her. Highly unusual actions, like firing guns or yelling will also seriously weaken the ability. This ability is also a lot less effective on people who were already aware of her when the ability activated.
Increasing her presence will make people around her focus on her, and draw their attention away from other things. When used with less strength it will simply make people notice her unconsciously, making her stand out more.
Projecting her presence will make people think she is at the projected location instead of her actual location. If the person in question is already aware of the her location it will only function as a distraction, disorienting the person in question. Also, if they actually see the location the presence is projected to it'll immediately fail as they realize there's nobody there, unless they think there is someone invisible around. An interesting quirk of this is that by quickly projecting her presence at different locations close to herself she can make it harder for people to know her exact location, disorienting people looking at her and making it harder to hit her with ranged weapons.
Disguising her presence makes people think she's someone else. This ability fails when someone pays actual attention to her though, since actual inspection would show them that she is somebody else. The closer she looks like the person who's presence she's using the less likely it is for the effect to fail. This ability can also be used in conjunction with projecting her presence, making people think it's someone else who's at the location the presence is projected to.

Notes:

• It is possible for her to simultaneously hide her presence and project it.
  • Only one presence can be projected at the same time, though the presence can be re-projected at high speeds (about 0.15 seconds).
  • The range for projecting a presence is limited to locations either within line of sight or within 30 meters of her if she is aware of the location.
  • She can sense how much attention people are paying her, and is thus aware of it when someone breaks her ability.
  • If someone breaks her ability only the person in question notices her. Everyone else affected by the ability will still be affected, but the person not affected can tell the others about her, breaking the ability for them as well.
  • If someone has broken their ability reusing it will still make the ability apply to them again. Generally the ability would break again immediately (creating the disorientation/mirage trick with presence projection by continuously distracting them with new presences) but if the person who broke it didn't really pay any attention to her anyway it can successfully re-apply itself (for example, if someone bumped into her on the street and ignored her the ability could be applied again).

Skills: Assassination (Expert), Melee Weapons (Skilled, limited to knives, also includes throwing knives).

Equipment: A large number of hidden knives.

Epic Weakness: Feeling trapped, normally triggered by someone grabbing her wrists or restraining her, but other triggers can occur as well.

Weaknesses: Fairly shy and has trouble dealing with crowds. She has psychological issues related to her backstory, Has become dependant on the emotion dampening effect her powers create, and feels extremely uncomfortable when not using them. Isn't really capable of standing up for herself when confronted by someone she considers to have authority over her.

Guild: Ghostbloods.

Family: Parents and uncle, all deceased.

Personality: She tends to be quite cold to others, and doesn't really know how to interact with people except for killing them or being afraid of them and obeying them. Distrusts people who try to be kind to her. Has long stopped caring about the well-being of other people, and has a sick fascination with seeing people betray others, believing it to be the normal way for things to go. When using her powers her emotions fade away. She personally has the idea that the more she hides her presence the more her emotions disappear as well. Her motivations stay though, and certain strong emotions can stay as well (specifically her fear of being trapped).
Likes being in open places without any people around.
Dislikes other people seeing her scars.

History: She grew up with abusive parents, learning quickly not to draw attention to herself. With the only person she liked a mysterious uncle who came by every once in a while. When she turned seven Calamity appeared, and one of the rampaging Epics killed her parents, and she survived only because of her own abilities manifesting. Her uncle took her in afterwards, but was only interested in her ability. It turned out that he was an assassin, and he started training her as well, eventually turning her into a skilled killer, having her serve as his tool and hiring out her services.
Eventually when she got older she managed to befriend a local girl. However, her uncle found out, and scared that she might betray him he kidnapped the girl, and forced the girl to betray Shade, and then got Shade to kill her in return, which broke her.
Later on strangers came by while she was gone on an assignment, and when she returned she found they had killed her uncle, as he was an ex-Ghostblood who had betrayed them. Since she didn't care about her uncle and didn't have anywhere to go she ended up going with them, and started working for them in the Alleyverse.

Theme Song: Delain, Scarlet.

Voidus' previous evaluation of her. Her abilities, skills and Epic weakness are staying the same, only her non-epic weaknesses have changed.

On 5/13/2019 at 0:25 AM, Voidus said:

Epic power: 60 points
Skills: Assassination (60), Weapons (Knives) - 35 points (Covers using them in melee or thrown to an average skill level)
Epic weakness: -20 (Really easy to accidentally trigger this one)
Weakness: -25

Total: 60(M)+95(S)-45(W) = 110 points
Easy enough to grab skilled weapon proficiency (50), or expert level (75) with knives. Expert would put you exactly at 150.

Edited by kenod

E5 John is pretty much the same except for the personality/psyche category and an upgraded equipment and appearance categories.

Spoiler

Name: John Smith

Investiture: copper compounder

Skills: Genius, average hand to hand combatant.

Weakness: Will fall into catatonic stupor if he stops compounding, will go to ridiculous lengths to gain information he is interested in, is addicted to coffee.

Equipment: Metalminds piercing the skin, copper vials, notebooks and writing utensils.

Family: None

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: He was an informant and found out his memory improved while holding his lucky clip. Once he figured out he was a copper compounder he made it his quest to collect all the knowledge in the world. Using his constant compounding he quickly became cosmere aware and he traveled to Alleycity to continue his research.

Guild: TUBA

Personality/Psyche: Usually cheerful and polite, but also has a mischevious side. He can also be a little erratic, as different memories surface with as much strength as when they happened. Despite his age, he considers himself an adult. Has a strong moral compass, but sometimes has trouble keeping to it when a large amount of information is involved.

Appearance Brown hair and eyes, 1.7m tall. Wears a jacket with large pockets for notebooks and a buttoned shirt underneath.

Fighting Style: Isn't really the fighting type, but when he fights he uses his undestanding of fighting technique and angles to dodge attacks, targets nerve centers and tries to remain non-lethal.

Ok, finally getting around to all the Epics on the backlog.
If I've missed anyone let me know.

On 05/05/2020 at 6:57 PM, AonEne said:

Here’s E5 Deteca! @Voidus because Epic power spike and double-checking that her backstory’s okay. 

Hide contents

Name: Deteca Nutvry

Appearance: Female. Thirty-eight. Very short hair, Iriali gold; could probably be mistaken for male if haircut alone was looked at. Tan skin, light blue eyes. Not especially strong muscles; very slim; slightly shorter than the average height for her age. Has a spike in the middle of her upper chest, just beneath her collarbone. 

Magic: Voidmaking; trained by Voidus, practices often. (I’m placing her ability at about 100, not sure of the exact limits there, but a seven on the scale of one to ten.) Spike granting the Epic ability to sense the potential of an idea. 

Skills: Intelligence - Intelligent: 30; Projectile Weapon Combat Training - Amateur: 30; Scholarship - Skilled: 30 

Equipment: Pistol, Alleycant pen 

Weaknesses: Her parents are a liability, and she would do a lot to keep them safe. If she is reminded of Akied, she can have a difficult time staying in the moment and will sometimes stop what she’s doing. Pagophobia. She has a mild fear of leaving the Alleycity, closer to “I’d like to not do that” than “Absolutely not”. 

Family: Deteca’s parents are, shockingly, both alive. Her mother was from Iri, but worldhopped out of Roshar the first chance she got and found her way to Alleycity. Her father had lived there most of his life, but is ethnically Elisian. She had a younger brother named Akied, who is deceased.

Home Planet: The Alleyverse. She was born and raised in the Alleycity, and hasn’t ever left. 

Backstory: Deteca was born and raised in the Alleycity, where her parents live. Akied was born seven years after her, but choked to death on an ice cube when he was six. His death caused Deteca to turn to the Dark Alley later in life in her grief; becoming a member gave her something to throw herself into, something to work toward, and she steadily grew to love the quiet guild’s studying and learning. She came to realize she was a Voidmaker and was mentored by Voidus. At the same time as the Seven Day War, she gave herself the Epic power through a spike. 

Guild: The Dark Alley (Research and Development Department) 

Personality: Friendly, competitive, likes to make others laugh, loves to help explore and develop new ideas, loves most forms of sugar, extremely supportive of her guild after what they’ve done for her, occasionally finds the secretive ways of the DA annoying because she wants to go out and share all the awesome things they’re doing, feels lost without something to be working on. 

Fighting Style: Intimidate someone to get them to back off; if that doesn’t work, try not to kill them with Voidmaking. 

Theme Song: Hero by Tommee Profitt and Mike Mains 

For Myriad I’m not changing much, just an update: 

Reveal hidden contents

(TL;DR: changed her scholarship to Amateur, got rid of her painrial and Soulcaster as the direction I decided to write her in is different, had her arrive a bit earlier, and tidied up the sheet a bit just for my own happiness lol) 

Epic power is a little vague, hard for me to assign points on this one. Could use some more details or practical examples of what you mean here, is it basically just foresight of if an idea is pursued what would happen? Or just a vague 'this is a good idea, this is a bad idea'?
Backstory wise I'm fine with her being in the DA but do note that Voidus himself isn't in the DA next era so training with him wouldn't make as much sense. Possibly Xanas if available? @18th Shard

On 29/04/2020 at 7:35 AM, kenod said:

My first two characters for Era 5 (Kumiko and KanMien):

Kumiko:

Hide contents

Name: Takamine Kumiko

Epic Name: Kitsune

Appearance: Has a Japanese appearance, and is around 5'2'' tall, with short, dark brown hair. Wears a white and red shrine maiden outfit when out for official business, otherwise wears assorted kimonos. Tends to have a fox tail and ears.

Epic Powers:

• Foxfire:
    Her primary ability. She can conjure Investure in the form of blue-purple flames and manipulate them. These flames aren't actually capable of burning things though, and aren't hot, and instead have the ability to burn away Investure. This works the best on kinetic Investure, innate Investure being both difficult and time-consuming. Actually burning something by simply projecting the flame in the air takes a lot of energy though, and is difficult, so generally it's easier for her to simply seal the flames into an object, focusing its power and allowing her to use the object in question as something similar to a Shardweapon, though somewhat weaker, but with the ability to cut through Kinetic investure as well, allowing her to use the weapon (or the raw flame) as something similar to Allomantic Chromium, though without the ability to burn away metals, and projected flames burn much slower than Chromium, requiring 10 times the time Chromium would take, though when infused in a weapon it can burn quicker.
    Imbued cutting weapons move through objects without actually interacting with them, just as regular Shardblades, unless the Foxfire isn't strong enough to properly cut through it.
    While a weapon imbued with Foxfire can cut through most inanimate objects just as easily as a Shardblade can, certain tough enough objects/materials (thick rock, high-quality armour) are capable of resisting and blocking the weapon, though it does damage them. It also doesn't have the strength to properly cut through someone's soul, and instead disrupts it, temporarily paralysing the limb (or the whole body, when cutting through the spine). The duration of this depends on how much Foxfire she puts into the cut, as well as the amount of Innate Investure someone has, averaging at about an hour. While the effect is active Foxfire will be visible along the cut. Investure-based healing can quickly get rid of this effect for much less Investure than it would cost to restore Shardblade cuts, or even severed limbs.
    When she's burning her Innate Investure the power of her Foxfire gets boosted significantly. Projected Foxfire becomes actually useful and can burn things away at a distance, though still taking a few seconds, depending on the amount used. Weapons with Foxfire imbued in them will do much greater damage when cutting and stabbing things, with the damage spreading outwards similar to what Nightblood does, though the actual level of power is a fair bit lower, with the effect normally extending out for about 25 centimetres.
    She can also control if a flame burns a specific thing or not, though this takes focus.
    Any Investure burned away by the flames can be used to fuel her own abilities, though some power gets lost during the absorption.
  • Improved physical abilities:
    She can surround herself with her flame to improve her own physical abilities, though this flame isn't capable of destroying Investure like her Foxfire is, though if she wants to she can use it to burn up part of her own Innate Investure, which can drastically boost her powers for a bit, but with the down-side of long-term damage or even death.
    This boost behaves in the same way as stormlight does for a Surgebinder, enhancing her speed and granting her a healing factor. This healing factor also allows her to regenerate her Innate Investure, as long as she has some left and isn't currently burning it, but this takes a long time, even with external sources available, especially since burning away her Innate Investure significantly weakens her abilities afterwards until it is restored again (degree of weakness depends on how much was burned away).
    Normally the degree of enhancement is roughly the same as with Surgebinders, but if she wants to she can decrease the boost to save power for using her Foxfire, or for longer endurance, and she can also increase the boost in return for quicker energy consumption and lower efficiency (the lower efficiency creates a soft ceiling on her boost when she isn't burning her Innate Investure, with the ceiling being about 3 times the Stormlight boost, though efficiency issues at this point have her burning through Investure at somewhat ridiculous rates).
    Note that her healing has lower efficiency and speed than that of Surgebinders, so she tries to avoid taking damage whenever possible.
  • Barriers (This will get cut if the point count is too high):
    She can create flame-like barriers. These barriers are normally very weak though, with low energy efficiency, similar to projecting her Foxfire (they aren't even capable of fully blocking bullets, though they can slow them down or alter the course to lower the odds of fatal injuries, similar to a weak steel bubble). However, embedding it into something can increase the efficiency a lot. When she infuses it into something she can create a barrier in the path of the object, which then stays behind for a few seconds, or manifest the barrier on the surface of an object, though that requires her to constantly fuel it.
    She normally using this ability to create barriers in the wake of her sword to deflect ranged attacks, or on her shoes to create temporary barriers beneath her feet so she can jump in mid-air. She can't move barriers created through imbued objects.
    When burning her Innate Investure her barriers become much stronger, with even projected barrier flames being capable of withstanding explosions. She can also fire off barrier flames from imbued objects in this state, which allows her to perform ranged cuts.
  • Basic shapeshifting:
    She can hide her ears and tail, though they come out automatically when she uses her other powers.
  • Important Notes:
    She isn't actually capable of providing the energy for her abilities herself, and needs outside sources instead. She is capable of building up a small stockpile by absorbing Investure through food, but this is inefficient, and the stockpile while only let her use her abilities at normal level for less than a minute. To be able to use her abilities normally she needs to carry an external supply with her, such as Stormlight infused gems.
    Furthermore, any Investure she absorbs this way fades away after about 5 minutes, no matter how much it was, though she can burn through it faster than that, and when she absorbs additional Investure it gets its own timer. This means she needs to carefully judge how much Investure she absorbs each time, to make sure she has enough power to deal with the situation, while avoiding burning through large amounts of her supply and wasting it. This also means she needs to take the time to take out the Stormlight gems she wants to use, and focus on them, since she can't select a specific amount while they're still in her purse/bag.

Equipment: A katana.

Skills: Intelligence, Smart (15), Melee combat training (Kendo), Average (35).

Epic Weakness: Killing people. (Letting people die through inaction doesn't trigger this. Thinking she has killed someone but being wrong does trigger it. Killing someone by accident weakens her, but doesn't leave her completely powerless.)

Weaknesses: Slow at coming to trust people, and often expects the worst of them. Has a tendency of extending fights if she considers the other side evil in the hopes of making them suffer more, but this can leave her open to running out of power, or letting the other side escape.

Personality: Hides her feelings when around people she doesn't trust, which are most of them. Tends to be very serious, and can be quite cruel to those she judges evil, and while she can revise that judgement based on circumstances, she is slow to do so, and isn't actually always interested in doing so, being more interested in hurting someone and making herself feel better than actual justice. Often needs KanMien's help to remind her to slow down a little, and to get her to trust someone. Tends to focus more on punishing people than helping people.
Is uncertain how she feels about her ears and tail.

Relations: Parents died when she was younger. Later taken in by KoTiel and KanMien. Currently lives with KanMien, who she is in a relationship with.

History: When she was younger her parents were killed when someone robbed their house, and she ended up killing the robber in self-defence, the event traumatizing her, especially the feeling of killing people. When she was 15 Calamity appeared, and soon after developing her own powers she accidentally ended up world-hopping, where she was found by KoTiel and KanMien, who took her in, at which point she also found out that readably available Investure (often in the form of metalminds KanMien filled) made her powers much more useful. She spent a few years traveling with them, eventually ending up in a relationship with KanMien, while coming to see KoTiel as an adoptive parent. At some point they started living in the Alleycity, and when KoTiel decided to keep travelling KanMien and Kumiko instead decided to stay, eventually joining TUBA.

Theme song(s): Nana Mizuki - Zettō Ame no Habakiri, Audiopizza - Daughter of the Flame

KanMien:

Hide contents

Name: KanMien

Species: Kandra

Investure: Iron Feruchemy Blessings. Decay and flawed creation methods lowered the efficiency to about 85% for both storing and tapping. Furthermore, improper construction makes them flawed as Blessings, making it easier for emotional Allomancy to control her.

Appearance: She uses a true body of about 5'4'' tall, and has long, dark-brown hair. When expecting combat she normally wears a business suit covering a bullet-resistant soft vest (can stop small calibre handgun bullets and shrapnel, but not much else). Otherwise she tends to go with a more casual shirt and jeans, the look somewhat ruined by the two revolvers she tends to have on her.

Equipment: Polymer skeleton coated in iron. Two heavy-calibre revolvers (roughly similar to a .44 Magnum) made from a aluminium-alloy (the lower weight causes recoil issues, and requires her to be tapping iron while firing, while the lower suitability of the aluminium-alloy means they need more maintenance. ). Also owns a large aluminium-alloy rifle, similarly chambered for large-calibre bullets.

Skills: Intelligence, Smart (15), Projectile weapon training, Average (45).

Weaknesses:

• Flawed blessings make it easier for emotional allomancy to control her, and she has developed the instinctive reaction to forcefully knock herself out if she feels strong amounts of emotional allomancy aimed at her.
  • While a decent strategist she has a habit of simply rushing into things, relying on her healing and Kumiko's support to deal with things.
  • Her young age means she has little experience with shapeshifting, with appearance changes taking a long time, and being incapable of imitating people (courtesy of KoTiel training her). Her ability at healing herself is decent, but somewhat underwhelming compared to Investure-based healing, or the healing rates some of the more skilled Kandra are capable of.
  • The recoil on her guns require her to be tapping iron while firing, since otherwise the recoil will be way to high, and can even break her arms if she isn't careful (especially because she's stupid enough to dual-wield .44 revolvers made out of metal that's way too light).

Personality: Easy-going with a lot of self-confidence, can sometimes come across as a bit cocky. Can be a bit immature at times. Hates losing. Really dislikes Hemalurgy, including her own spikes. Dislikes innocent people getting hurt, and tries to avoid collateral damage, but has no issue killing opponents. Sometimes falls into the role of having to reign in Kumiko though whenever she's taking things too far, and dislikes causing unnecessary suffering to people she's fighting, unless they really ticked her off (Hemalurgists and those controlling constructs using emotional allomancy).
Tends to joke that as a Kandra she's legally obliged to dislike people with emotional allomancy.
Feels most of the older Kandra she's met are kind of stuffy and boring, or overly serious, though she has expressed an interesting in meeting MeLaan after hearing stories about her.

Relations: Considers KoTiel to be a parent figure to them. Currently in a relationship with Kumiko.

History: Created by a group of rogue Hemalurgists, she spent the first year of her life with them, though she doesn't remember much of this, aside from the fact that she didn't like it much. After a year KoTiel found the place though, and ended up dealing with the Hemalurgists, saving KanMien and taking her in, raising her and taking her with them across the Cosmere, and even on a few trips to an earth, where she got her current skeleton. After about a decade they came across Kumiko during their travels, and took her in as well, since she didn't have anywhere to go or any knowledge about the world she was on. After a while Kumiko and KanMien ended up in a relationship, and they ended up living together in the Alleycity, and when KoTiel ended up leaving to continue traveling they ended up staying behind, joining TUBA.

Theme song(s): Sons of Amon - God Mode

@Voidus, since Epic.

Kumike breakdown:
Foxfire: 50
Physical enhancement: 50 (Assuming healing capabilities aren't at the level where mortal wounds can be healed.)
Barriers: 30
Basic shapeshifting: 5 (Very minimal)
Power synergies: 20
Drawbacks (Needing Investiture): -20
Epic weakness: -20 (Severely limits characters ability to use offensive abilities)

Skills: 50

Weaknesses: -15

Total: 155 (M) + 50 (S) -55 (W) = 150
Approved, even with the barriers added. Thanks as always for giving such detailed power descriptions, they're both enjoyable and informative to help with precise scoring.

KanMien: Easily passes, 120 (M) + 60 (S) = 180, definitely 30 points worth of weaknesses between the flawed blessings, limited experience and personality limitations.

On 15/04/2020 at 7:19 AM, bees? said:

revision time here you go @Voidus

Hide contents

Name: Arkaitz (“tz” makes a sibilant “ts” in Basque) Ducharme. His Epic name was Sorgin.

Physical Characteristics: He changes his body and appearance to match his outfits, but he usually stays pretty lean and around 178 cm in height, with his only truly consistent feature being his glowing lavender eyes.

Epic Powers: Whenever he wishes, which is most of the time, he is the single most attractive person alive regardless of his appearance, clothing, or other features. He can also change his body shape, facial structure, skin color, hair color, etc. However, he cannot change the color of his eyes. His final power is regeneration, theoretically on par with that of Limelight. 

Skills: He is a professional acrobat, skilled chef, and a decent shot. He also speaks French and Basque perfectly, and English with an incredibly mild accent. 

Equipment: Usually just the expensive clothes on his back and some form of weapon, like a handgun or knife.

Epic Weakness: The flower of Carlina acaulis, the wild thistle. He must know the flower is present for it to function, and it must be intact.

Other Weaknesses: While he does possess an incredible healing ability, it is not perfect: he must heal everything intentionally, not just waiting and letting things heal themselves, and he must know how they would heal (cuts and stab wounds are easy, but things like a penetrated lung are more difficult). Also, he does not enjoy being rejected. At all. Seriously. He is quite used to getting what he wants. 

Family: Arantxa (Mother, Basque), Maximilien (Father, French), assorted siblings.

Home Planet: Alternate Reckoners Earth (The one that had Invocation, not Calamity) 

Backstory: Arkaitz was born to a poor family living in the French countryside, and grew up as one of many hungry mouths that needed to be fed. As such, he wished for an escape, and when the cirque came to his town, he decided he would leave with them, starting his life as an acrobatic performer. Many years later, when Invocation rose in the sky, he began to gain strange new powers. He began to manipulate those around him, and eventually incurred the attention of a very powerful Epic, who, in an attempt to reduce competition, tried to teleport Sorgin to a dead universe, but instead sent him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Does not exist this Era, but will next Era.

Psyche: Unbelievably twisted.

Personality: He is a very manipulative and cruel person, but outwardly he seems kind and charismatic. Also, he is a very promiscuous person, with literally anyone.

Appearance: Again, it changes, but always unbelievably attractive.

Theme Song: “Putting on the Ritz” by Mel Tormé

Fighting StyleHe usually prefers to talk to people so he can get close and then slip a knife between their ribs or a gun under their chin.

Sorgin:
Epic powers: 120
Skills: acrobat (25), ranged weapons (45)
Epic Weakness: 0 (Really hard to trigger without prior knowledge)
Other weaknesses: -30 (Healing limitations, personality flaws)

Total: 120 (M) + 60 (S) -30 (W) =  150

Approved

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

Ok, finally getting around to all the Epics on the backlog.
If I've missed anyone let me know.

Epic power is a little vague, hard for me to assign points on this one. Could use some more details or practical examples of what you mean here, is it basically just foresight of if an idea is pursued what would happen? Or just a vague 'this is a good idea, this is a bad idea'?
Backstory wise I'm fine with her being in the DA but do note that Voidus himself isn't in the DA next era so training with him wouldn't make as much sense. Possibly Xanas if available? @18th Shard

So Era 5 Xanas will actually get split into two separate people, and the one in the DA will not be able to Voidmake personally. However, I can totally see him snapping Deteca up if she came to the Dark Alley, and as Head of Testing & Analysis he would probably be equipped to help train her, just not from personal experience. However, he would definitely be familiar with any mythology and/or stories of things like Voidmaking existing, and could help with that side of things. Maybe she started training with Mac (with Xanas on the analysis side of things), and then when he departed, Xanas helped her continue. That could be really interesting for when Xanas comes in contact with Sanax (the Xanas version we currently know). 

@AonEne @Voidus Thoughts?

Edited by 18th Shard

On 08/05/2020 at 8:03 AM, kenod said:

Shade:

Hide contents

Name: Shade
Appearance: 5'2'', with long black hair and brown eyes. Normally wears a black pants with a grey hoodie that seems to be a few sizes to big. She has a number of scars hidden away under her cloths.
Powers: Presence Manipulation
This ability can make people pay more or less attention to her, as well as giving them the idea she is in a different location, or give the idea she/projected presence is someone else.
Hiding her presence works similar to the Grey Men from WoT, with roughly the same level of effectiveness. Its effectiveness varies depending on the sense used to perceive her though. Hearing or seeing her doesn't do much, but her smell is still noticed and can make someone pay more attention to her, though it's generally not enough to break the ability if she doesn't do anything too suspicious. Direct physical contact will immediately break the ability though, and will make them fully aware of her. Highly unusual actions, like firing guns or yelling will also seriously weaken the ability. This ability is also a lot less effective on people who were already aware of her when the ability activated.
Increasing her presence will make people around her focus on her, and draw their attention away from other things. When used with less strength it will simply make people notice her unconsciously, making her stand out more.
Projecting her presence will make people think she is at the projected location instead of her actual location. If the person in question is already aware of the her location it will only function as a distraction, disorienting the person in question. Also, if they actually see the location the presence is projected to it'll immediately fail as they realize there's nobody there, unless they think there is someone invisible around. An interesting quirk of this is that by quickly projecting her presence at different locations close to herself she can make it harder for people to know her exact location, disorienting people looking at her and making it harder to hit her with ranged weapons.
Disguising her presence makes people think she's someone else. This ability fails when someone pays actual attention to her though, since actual inspection would show them that she is somebody else. The closer she looks like the person who's presence she's using the less likely it is for the effect to fail. This ability can also be used in conjunction with projecting her presence, making people think it's someone else who's at the location the presence is projected to.

Notes:

• It is possible for her to simultaneously hide her presence and project it.
  • Only one presence can be projected at the same time, though the presence can be re-projected at high speeds (about 0.15 seconds).
  • The range for projecting a presence is limited to locations either within line of sight or within 30 meters of her if she is aware of the location.
  • She can sense how much attention people are paying her, and is thus aware of it when someone breaks her ability.
  • If someone breaks her ability only the person in question notices her. Everyone else affected by the ability will still be affected, but the person not affected can tell the others about her, breaking the ability for them as well.
  • If someone has broken their ability reusing it will still make the ability apply to them again. Generally the ability would break again immediately (creating the disorientation/mirage trick with presence projection by continuously distracting them with new presences) but if the person who broke it didn't really pay any attention to her anyway it can successfully re-apply itself (for example, if someone bumped into her on the street and ignored her the ability could be applied again).

Skills: Assassination (Expert), Melee Weapons (Skilled, limited to knives, also includes throwing knives).

Equipment: A large number of hidden knives.

Epic Weakness: Feeling trapped, normally triggered by someone grabbing her wrists or restraining her, but other triggers can occur as well.

Weaknesses: Fairly shy and has trouble dealing with crowds. She has psychological issues related to her backstory, Has become dependant on the emotion dampening effect her powers create, and feels extremely uncomfortable when not using them. Isn't really capable of standing up for herself when confronted by someone she considers to have authority over her.

Guild: Ghostbloods.

Family: Parents and uncle, all deceased.

Personality: She tends to be quite cold to others, and doesn't really know how to interact with people except for killing them or being afraid of them and obeying them. Distrusts people who try to be kind to her. Has long stopped caring about the well-being of other people, and has a sick fascination with seeing people betray others, believing it to be the normal way for things to go. When using her powers her emotions fade away. She personally has the idea that the more she hides her presence the more her emotions disappear as well. Her motivations stay though, and certain strong emotions can stay as well (specifically her fear of being trapped).
Likes being in open places without any people around.
Dislikes other people seeing her scars.

History: She grew up with abusive parents, learning quickly not to draw attention to herself. With the only person she liked a mysterious uncle who came by every once in a while. When she turned seven Calamity appeared, and one of the rampaging Epics killed her parents, and she survived only because of her own abilities manifesting. Her uncle took her in afterwards, but was only interested in her ability. It turned out that he was an assassin, and he started training her as well, eventually turning her into a skilled killer, having her serve as his tool and hiring out her services.
Eventually when she got older she managed to befriend a local girl. However, her uncle found out, and scared that she might betray him he kidnapped the girl, and forced the girl to betray Shade, and then got Shade to kill her in return, which broke her.
Later on strangers came by while she was gone on an assignment, and when she returned she found they had killed her uncle, as he was an ex-Ghostblood who had betrayed them. Since she didn't care about her uncle and didn't have anywhere to go she ended up going with them, and started working for them in the Alleyverse.

Theme Song: Delain, Scarlet.

Voidus' previous evaluation of her. Her abilities, skills and Epic weakness are staying the same, only her non-epic weaknesses have changed.

So just upped the knife proficiency to Expert? Can't see an other changes that would affect points. Approved.

11 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Closer to vague impressions, with a little more detail - ‘this has some potential to it but not much’, ‘this plan would almost never work’, ‘holy crap this would change the universe’, ‘this idea is close to being something big, but isn’t quite there as is’ type stuff. 

Forgot about that change, apologies. 

That works for me. ^_^ 

Altered sheet: 

Reveal hidden contents

Approved

On 8.5.2020 at 0:51 PM, The_Archivist said:

E5 John is pretty much the same except for the personality/psyche category and an upgraded equipment and appearance categories.

Character is approved!

e5 Characters

Spoiler

Name: Laurelai Esserethel

Abilities:

• Forgery - A master-level Forger, proficient in Resealing and has a set of Soul Stamps which she keeps hidden. Particularly proficient in unusual applications of Forgery and creating short-term stamps for use on living subjects to help her fathers research.

Equipment: Pen, paper, Forgery equipment (Carving kinves/picks, Soulstone, etc.)

Physical characteristics: Tall but skinny, long, straight blonde hair, bright blue eyes. Has a large wardrobe and enjoys changing clothes fairly frequently though she is particularly fond of Alethi and Selish dresses.

Home planet: Alleycity, with some Selish heritage

Backstory: Laurelai has grown up with primarily her father as her mother passed away during her birth, but she's led a happy and comfortable life. She enjoyed helping with her fathers research and learning from him as she grew up. She also enjoyed painting his nails and practicing makeup on him but this has been less frequent as she grew up. Since moving out of home, Laurelai has struggled to find her place in the world. She works in a specialised mental health clinic in the city that uses a combination of Soothers and Forgers to help residents overcome mental trauma and often spends some time in various bars around the city listening in on surrounding conversations, occasionally tailing people out and watching them for some time. She's particularly interested in the urban legends about a secretive group of researchers who live somewhere in the city.

Weakness: Curiosity, Laurelai will often ignore her own safety in the pursuit of the subject of her curious whims. She is lacking in any form of combat experience, though is mentally secure and familiar with gore so can at least avoid being too shocked if such an occurrence were to happen.

Family: Professor Esserethel (Father)

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Currently unaffiliated

Personality: Intensely curious and a touch arrogant, Laurelai loves to watch people and try to understand them better. This can come across as empathetic but can be offputting when people realise that her interest is much colder and more analytical.

Fighting Style: To not.

Name: Whisper

Abilities: Hemalurgic spikes granting:

Lightweaving (And the ability to use Stormlight to do so, however no Stormlight healing or strength boosts etc.) 

Enhanced dexterity and leg strength (A bit stronger than what pewter would grant, but no increased durability beyond the ability to withstand her own strength)
Skills: Expert intelligence: Incredibly intelligent, though with little exposure to any specific scholarly research. (60 points), Hand-to-hand Combat training (50 points)

Weaknesses: Unable to speak: Unable to speak louder than a very faint whisper.

Hemalurgy: Has three spikes, likely enough to be manipulated by a Lerasium Mistborn or multiple Soothers/Rioters working in sync.

Physical characteristics: Whisper changes her appearance frequently, rarely looking the same way for long. But usually appears to be a young urchin girl, varying her features slightly every now and then.

Home planet: Scadrial

Guild: DA / Church of the Whiterose

Backstory: A former DA test subject, Whisper spent a lot of her early years in the labs from the department of Zoohemalurgy. She has several abilities derived from animals from various planets, this has also resulted in some changes to her anatomy as well, though these are usually hidden with careful disguises or Lightweaving, these experiments also inadvertently removed her ability to speak beyond a faint whisper which eventually led to her nickname.
After the conclusion of the experiment that created her, Whisper was deemed one of the more successful subjects and had managed to maintain her sanity throughout the process, she was then recruited by another department of the DA and began actively working for them, putting her intelligence and abilities to good use.
Over the past few years Whisper has been found whispering to shadows or seeming to react to voices that others cannot hear. During the same period she has become obsessed with the ancient figures of the DA such as the Lonely God and the Stranger. She expresses an utterly fanatical attitude towards them and has on numerous times been found researching some method by which to bring these ancient gods back.

Family: None

Guild (can be unaffiliated): DA

Personality: Outwardly Whisper usually appears to be a sweet, caring girl who is interested in helping others. Inwardly she expresses signs of extreme sociopathy and has very little regard for the feelings of others, treating them only as a means to an ends or a possible source of defense. She constantly examines those around her and while she is remarkably insightful in some ways she can be somewhat oblivious in others, struggling to comprehend some peoples motives where they revolve around altruistic acts. Whisper does not take any particular joy in being cruel but neither does she enjoy being kind, instead simply employing whatever means she need to to accomplish her goals.

Fighting Style: Get other people to do the fighting for her, or to only ever fight from a position of absolute advantage, preferably ending the fight before it starts.

Name: The Professor / Nox / Professor Esserethel

Investiture: None

Appearance:  Tall, clean shaven and with remarkably few wrinkles given his age other than some crows feet at the corners of his eyes. Blonde-haired and pale-skinned like his daughter Laurelai, though his eyes are green while hers are blue. Most often wearing a labcoat over a plain shirt and some jeans. Occasionally his daughter will manage to convince him to wear something slightly nicer, 

Skills: Intelligence (Mastermind), Scholar (Expert), Handiwork - Various magical / technical items (Expert)
Equipment: Various items of study

Backstory: One of the most renowned researchers in the city, the Professor has made breakthroughs on any number of different subjects of research. Various inventions have allowed both he and his daughter to live well off but he does have some issue in finding funding sometimes as he rarely stays on one subject too long, often flitting from Realmatic theory to Artifabrian research to mechanical engineering and physics. He is generally regarded as something of a brilliant eccentric to most other researchers, able to make startling breakthroughs but also wasting his talent by not committing it to any one subject long enough to make a substantial impact. He raised his daughter Laurelai alone, as her mother died during child birth and treats her with just as much love and excitement as he does his research.

Guild: None

Weaknesses: Vast, unending and unabating hatred of pineapples. Tends to take a 'wait and see' approach most of the time and avoid getting involved for as long as possible.

Family: Laurelai Esserethel

Personality: Excited and energetic, the Professor pursues his work with ardent passion, often forgetting to eat or sleep. He has some somber moments, especially when recalling his departed wife, but on the whole maintains a passionate outlook on life and is always looking for something new.

Fighting Style: Can we not please? It hardly seems necessary.

Name: Zyn Noname

Investiture: Possible Hemalurgic influence in his heritage, has a less rigid skeletal structure than normal.

Skills: Contortionist, adept at climbing, squeezing into small areas, second story work, breaking and entering. Not great with locks but has acquired some basic skills.

Weaknesses: very uncomfortable with violence. His bones break more easily than most peoples.

Family: N/A

Physical characteristics: tall, sinewy body with short, blonde hair. Cloudy grey eyes.

History: A teenage runaway, Zyn left his family on Scadrial to seek his fortune. He was hired by a world hopper for a small local job and eventually earned passage to Alleycity.

Name: Ember

Investiture: Is a spren

Skills: Can be really, really, really enthusiastic about things.

Weaknesses: Loves exploring the world and figuring things out, usually does this by trying to set things on fire or convince other people to do so for him.

Family: Firespren and other Ashspren

Physical characteristics: Glowing orange/red light, usually in a masculine humanoid figure about 3 inches tall.

History: A spren seeking a Radiant to bond with, Ember is still trying to remember exactly what he's supposed to be doing but is very happy to have found his bonded partner finally.

and here are mine. E5 changes are in green, to make it easier to compare

Spoiler

Althea all E5 changes in green

Spoiler

Name: Althea Tenira

Investiture: Elsecaller, 4th ideal, Spren is called Brashen

Skills: Expert Scholarship Investiture, Mind link with Max (allows for wordless communication, sharing of memories)

Physical: Long white hair and skin, crystalline red eyes, slight build, medium height

Weaknesses: She’s an albino, direct strong light hurts/ blinds her (Photophobia), is able to move around in the sunlight when wearing appropriate protection (sunglasses, longsleeves, sunscreen); mild PTSD (Trigger: fire/ explosions,emotional allomancy); doesn't trust her own senses/ emotions to 100% anymore (e.g. she tries to touch people to make sure what she is seeing/ hearing and what her touch tells her correlate)

Character: Problem-oriented thinking, limited sense for jokes/ fun, can be taken for cold-hearted, prefers to hide her emotions, prefers to solve conflicts without fighting

Backstory: Althea grew up in an orphanage close to the horneater peaks, as her parents gave her away when they discovered her outer appearance. She usually kept to herself and spent her time reading, learning. When she was allowed to, she left the orphanage to travel the world and further improve her abilities. She was recruited by the Ghostbloods soon after she left the orphanage and they taught her about hemalurgy and how to soulcast. After she bonded her spren, she spent more and more time in shadesmar or soulcasting. Especially shadesmar was a place she grew to love, as the light there didn’t hurt her. From her thirteenth birthday on she worked in the laboratories of the Ghostbloods, advancing through their ranks until she was appointed Righthand shortly before Solace returned to take back control.
Althea learned that she had a sister, shortly before the start of Era 2. She then had her followed and finally decided to appear in the open at the Ghostblood Ball hoping, to meet her there.
After Solace/ Sephtis appearance and the conflict in Oasis City she and Max followed him. They managed to find out about his weakness and stopped him from conquering the world, by making him face his own fear. Afterwards she married Max and now lives together with him in a small house outside of Alleycity.

Althea challenged Lusk to a duel, after Lusk recovered from his illness, as she wanted him to stop mobbing Max. They ended with a tie, both of trapped in Shadesmar for a short while. When Oasis City got attacked by the Bureau of Villanry she helped kill Sebastian, but got wounded during the fight. A few hours later Vesuvius kidnapped some Ghostblood children and killed one of them, as he wanted to free one of the prisoners in Oasis City. Althea followed Vesuvius together with Max and the Ronin in the Sewer System where they managed to find Vesuvius after a long search. When he exploded a large bomb, killing himself, she managed to elsecall Max and herself away, only to be poisoned by Lena afterwards. Max saved her, but had to call the Phoenix to do so. Leaving the Sewers they went up into the city to help fight Lord Ajax and his Minions.

Althea met Max during her training as a GB. They were teens when they became a couple and married in their early twenties. She never advanced through the ranks, instead stayed a mid ranked member of the guild. She is specialized in gaining information and developping plans against targets being able to use investiture, all the while prefering the take a back seat and not spend too much time in the spotlight. Her heart doesn't lie with her work, but instead with her family.

Era 5 oaths:

1st: Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination
2nd: I will allow logic and facts to guide my actions.
3rd: I will search for knowledge to protect those I love and what I stand for.
4th: I won't let my emotions control me.

Additional Information: Althea owns a Shardblade and a ring (consisting of all 16 feruchemical metals, several Aons to be activated when pressed together and a gemstone able to contains stormlight) forged by Laonin. She neither carries them, nor will she use them during Era Four.

Lena

Spoiler

Name: Lena (originally Lanera Aander)

Physical: long red hair, small and light built, unassuming face, always carries a bag with some poisons and something to eat

Investiture: None

Skills: Expert Poison Mixing (40), Expert Draught Mixing (40), Skilled Disguising (30), Average Healing (20), Average Cooking (20)

Weaknesses: can’t see blood (-10), can’t hide her emotions, Antisocial personality disorder (description see Characteristics)

Characteristics: delightens when she is able to poison somebody, especially if she has the time to study the reactions of her victims, cold-hearted, is willing to sacrifice others any moment (or as soon as she feels she has nothing to gain from the relationship)
Antisocial personality disorder:

-Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors:
deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
-impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
-reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
-consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work     behavior
-lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Family: Lena grew up in Teoin, her parents were merchants and overlooked her tendency to poison smaller animals, when she was a child. Later, when she grew older and started to slip poison to some of their workers, they tried to steer her from that path, but failed. Lena has a 5-year old son, she almost never gets to see. Her grandmother cares for the child, and writes some letters to Lena now and then, but mostly their contact consists of Lena sending money home to support them both. She and her grandmother have the agreement, that Lena stays away from the child. There isn’t any noticeable contact to her parents, but she does visit eldest brother now and then, who lives and works in Alleycity.

History: After the birth of her child, Lena and her husband lived together in Teoin. The marriage had been arranged by her parents, as they hoped, that having a family would ground Lena. Shortly after the birth of their first child, Lena poisoned her husband after a fight, since she felt, like he wanted to control her. Avoiding arrest, only by her parents connections, she left Teoin late at night. With nothing but her son and a few cloths and travelled to her grandmother. She stayed there for the next few months, but after a while there, her grandmother caught her observing the death of the village smith, making notes as to how improve her draught. The incident was followed by a longer discussion, and ended with a choice for Lena. Leave Sel and never return, or face arrest and a trial most likely ending in her death. Lena left Sel, leaving her child with grandmother, something her grandmother insisted on and joined some travellers on their way to Alleycity. After her arrival there she started to steal and to scam, finally met the other members of the Thieve’s Guild and joined them on their most recent heists. She has a small flat in a poorer part of the city, which looks like a laboratory, full of plants, and chemical substances, as she is earning her money by selling poisons. She still tries them always out the first time herself, and prefers to carefully note down the reactions of her victims. She doesn’t necessarily kill them, believes incapacitation to be even more interesting, since it means, she has to work with more precision.
During Era 2 Lena participated in a few scams, the largest one being Alleyzon where she and a few others members stole a whole plane full of goods. Afterwards she joined Gonev and Pry to rescue Pry’s siblings from Crow.

Between the Era’s Lena met someone called Sebastian. He kidnapped her son and killed her grandmother and she served him for a while. After he got himself killed she was free again and organized a place for her son, Mart, to stay. After she saw Alask at a party at the Plasma Core’s headquarters she followed him to the Forge. During the invasion she and Alask blackmailed Max into summoning the Phoenix. Contrasting Alask Lena most agreed to the plan as it offered a chance to use one of her more dangerous poisons on a Knight Radiant. Afterwards they returned to the Forge and stayed there together with Eve and Mart until the battle was over.

Mike

Spoiler

Name: Mike Austen (aka Mustafa Marcus Martha Mario Maverick Mary Micky Mich Morgan Melaku Macik Maurice Megan  Moses Mac Monica Molly Maddy Maddona Magento Maco Makie Malikia)

Physical characteristics: dark hair, tan, well-built for a teen, lanky, brown eyes, seven spikes in his chest

Investiture: spiked: can change parts of his body into animal parts (fox, cat, squirrel, wolf, porcupine, snake, squid, salmon) (100) no Investiture in Era 5

Weakness: easy target for emotional allomancy due to his spikes, panically afraid of Ark and any (known) members of the DA, claustrophobia (-25), very poor and therefore preserves whatever money he can get, he is avaricious, never spends more than he absolutely has to, regularly not eating enough

Character: shy and quiet, tries to keep to the background, very passionate about avenging his dead friend, will stand up for his convictions and for his friends shy and quiet, tries to keep to the background, very passionate about his family and friends who he will stand up for any time, most of the money he makes with his heists goes to them

Special skills and Weapons: assassination (average) (40), melee weapons (average) (35) // thievery (skilled) (40), melee weapons (average) (35)

Family: two younger brothers (David, Garrus), parents are still alive and they all live in a village close to Alleycity

Guild: none

Home: Alleycity

History/Biography: Mike grew up in Alleycity. One day he was on his way through the city with his best friend and they were robbed. His friend died on his way to the hospital and Mike swore he would avenge him. He joined the Ghostbloods for this reason and they started to train him. During one of his last trainings he saw the councilmember Ark for the first time and mistook him for the man, that had killed his friend. He tried to assassinate Ark and failed. Mr. Itiah claimed Mike had acted on his order, to show the class that you couldn’t let your guard down even for a moment. This saved Mike’s life, but Ark still ordered him to go to his friend KoTiel and offer himself for an experiment. KoTiel spiked Mike several times and afterwards sent him back to Ark. Ark questioned Mike about his powers, but Mr. Itiah stepped in a second time and ordered Mike to his sleeping quarters and assigned him therapy sessions.

Mike joined the Bloodflame Gang, as he felt lost at the Ghostbloods and found his idol there. Bella, the leader was strong, followed her believes and never easily cowed. Mike decided to be like her. When Bella agreed to work together with another gang to attack the Canton of Combat and some Ghostblood Hideouts, Mike went to his superior Mr. Itiah and told them about the plan. Mr. Itiah tasked him with an assassination and Mike and some other Underlings tried to kill Syndicate, the leader of the gang who had approached Bella. They failed, but managed to escape with the plans, detailing which Hideouts were compromised. Afterwards the Underlings formed a Squad called Guns n’ Ninjas and joined the fight against Plasma Core. They were part of the team wrapping the Vortex in aluminum, basically destroying it. Afterwards the squad was sent over to support Tels.

Mike grew up in Alleycity, in one of the poorest parts. He lives from day to day, living from hand to mouth, trying to somehow get by. He rarely visits his family, as he lies to them about having a good job, that pays well, when instead he need to steal his food, money and cloths. He joined the Bloodflame Gang, as a try to find a place where he might belong, but in the end he left them again when their leader Bella vanished for a while.

Zokora

Spoiler

Name: Zokora An’Inera

Investiture: Willshaper (1st ideal) (90 - 5 = 85) (Spren called Sera) Stoneward (1st ideal), Spren calless Sera

Skills: Assassination (average, 40), Weapon (Meelee weapons, average) (35) Handiwork (healing, expert, 40), meelee weapons average (35)

Physical: long black hair, dark eyes, brown skin, lean and muscular

Weaknesses: easily offended, curious, feels hunted by the souls of those she killed (= hallucinations)

Character: very loyal (towards Althea), unorganized, conflicted, yearns for another friend apart from Althea values her friends a lot, strong desire to work for the people of the city and to offer everybody a chance to choose their own way, won't kill again

Family: dead

Homeworld: Alleyverse

Guild Affiliation: Ghostbloods (Rank: Althea’s assistant) TUBA

Backstory: Zokora grew up in the Alleyverse. Her parents died in the seven day war, and afterwards she ended up with the Ghostbloods. She worked as an assassin for easier targets for years, making it to an Elite, until one day she met an old man. He told her of ghosts, and that she was hunted, and while she laughed at him, the thought somehow never left her again. Sometimes she can feel the ghosts coming after her, hunting her, wanting revenge. She tried to switch to another occupation afterwards, as she figured, that if she stopped killing people the ghosts would stop. Zokora met Althea per chance in Oasis City, and somehow ended up with a new job a few months later. Most of the time she is Althea’s eyes and ears, and is everywhere, where Althea can’t be, takes over meetings, or listens to endless discussions at the government. Additionally she sorts through reports and acts as an Gatekeeper for those wanting to speak with Althea.

After spending days listening to the bickerings of the government, Zokora found herself in the middle of the fight against Plasma Core. She kept track of the troops of the Ghostbloods, after Lusk handed that task to her and did so until the end of the fight. As the situation got worse, she approached TUBA for a closer cooperation regarding the evacuation of the citizens and was invited into the tunnels. There she met Deteca and fought by her side to protect the tunnels and those sheltering there.

Zokora grew up in the north of the Alleyverse, only came to the city when her family sent her to the Ghostbloods. She was never happy there, the work and what she had to do not fitting her personality and her goals in her live. She met Althea there and, one day she left the Ghostbloods shortly after she bonded her spren. They let her go, unwillingly and only with an oath to her spren that she would keep quiet about what she saw, but as she never made it past Initiate allowed her to live. For several years she lived on her own, working in the hospital in a vain attempt to undo her deeds.

A short time ago she joined TUBA, and hopes that she finally found a place where she belongs, where she can do what feels right and work for the city and its inhabitants.