Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

My characters for the Fatebreaker era: Tena and Talon! 

Tena got switched up quite a bit. Her wifey is in Lith's post above this one. 

Spoiler

Name: Tena Withrrun

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Homoromantic bisexual

Nationality: Three-quarters Alethi, eighth Scadrian noble, eighth Terris

Birthplace: Kharbranth, Roshar

Physical appearance: Five feet seven inches tall. Slim, powerful build; muscular; skin scattered with scars. Medium tan skin. Oval face; high cheekbones; full lips. Long black hair, most often in a tail. Emerald green eyes. Wears a vest, loose trousers, and boots at work and a shirt and sweatpants at home. 

Personality: Easygoing, often smiling, and affectionate with friends and family when not working, cold and reserved when she is. Believes that normal people are mostly good and people in power are mostly corrupt. Loves her wife and children with her whole heart and would do anything for them. Can easily be angered by insulting her family, though she goes into her work-mindset when this happens. 

Family: Mother- Zerasin. Father- Thathadin. Siblings- Roshin (brother, twenty-six). Spouse- Thulaen Withrrun (female, twenty-nine). Children- Buvra (son, four), Dokena (son, four). Extended family- Rena (female cousin, twenty-four), Lenare (grandfather, sixty-nine). 

Skills: Average intelligence. Skilled marksman and knife-thrower. Skilled spear-fighter and knife-fighter. Skilled thief. (150)

Biography: Tena was born to Alethi craftsman parents. She was raised in the arts of writing and painting, but she never had any talent for either. Her parents decided to give up on trying to make her into a proper Alethi woman and teach her how to fight, which she had an instant talent for. When she was sixteen, her Worldhopper grandfather, Lenare, took her to other parts of the Cosmere to advance her talents and help her learn about the universe, then dropped her off on the Alleyplanet. Here she put herself to work at becoming a mercenary, and slowly gained skill for years until she was known as one of the best in the Alleycity. She met Thulaen on a job out of town when she was twenty-two, and they fell in love quickly. After two years of seeing each other as often as they could, Thulaen moved in with Tena in Tena’s flat, and they married several months later. They got Lenare to get a sperm donation from Tena’s brother and Thulaen gave birth to twins nine months later. Since then, they have been living together happily while Tena works and Thulaen takes care of their sons.

Notes: Smells like Thulaen and mild perfume. Theme song is “Tessellate”.

Talon is basically the same over the normal universe and the alternate one. 

Spoiler

Name: Talon Patson

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Demiromantic homosexual

Nationality: Caucasian mix

Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, normal Earth

Physical appearance: Five feet ten inches tall. Slim build; tattoo of a dragon with spread wings on his back. Light, rosy skin. Lean, soft face; several freckles on nose and cheeks. Shoulder-length, curly blond hair. Ice blue eyes; emerald rim around the pupil. Wears band T-shirts and jeans at work and long-sleeved, comfy shirts and pajama pants at home. 

Personality: Cheerful, flirty, and snarky. Has trust issues and rarely believes people when they compliment or insult him. Often seems like he isn’t listening because he has trouble looking people in the eyes unless he’s flirting. Is overzealous about sex, kissing, etc and comes off as very needy. Doesn’t understand how to express his feelings to people he loves. Can be angered by people turning him down rudely and people telling him he’s bad at sex. 

Family: Mother- Debrah. Father- Matt. Siblings- Kane (brother, twenty-five), Jackie (sister, twenty). Spouse- none. Children- none. Extended family- unimportant. 

Skills: Average intelligence. Skilled bartender and waiter. Expert thief. Skilled brawler. Amateur sniper. (145) 

Biography: Talon was born in Chicago to his relatively poor family. He grew up an effeminate boy uninterested in sports, and was bullied for this in all his years of elementary school. He built up emotional walls and started to act up both at home and at school, becoming a boy infamous for doing whatever he wished and not caring who or what he damaged on his way. He lost his virginity to his best friend in eighth grade and started exploring his lusty side. Thus, he was the “queen” of high school until sixteen, when he went too far and got sent to a private school for selling marijuana. Here his profits increased tenfold and he learned how to thieve. He left high school with no idea of what he was going to do with the rest of his life. He ended up working as a cashier and living at his parents’ house, dissatisfied with life. He met a stoner one night in a club and listened to the man’s tales of a dozen worlds unlike anything on earth, and Talon followed the man into an alley when he said he could show Talon those worlds. When they walked out of the alley, they were in a completely different world, and Talon smiled for the first time in years, thinking of all the things he could do here. He became a bartender at the Bleeding Spike and bought an apartment.

Notes: Smells like conditioner and moth balls. Theme song is “Hello My Old Heart”.

Hit me up with some thoughts. I know Talon isn't a typical AV character, but he's not intended to be one. Love u guys!

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

I have to admit Era 5 Xanas is a little too strong. His weakness with the flashbacks, has a lot of "may(s)" and "sometimes", so I am not sure how heavily and often it will affect him in every days rp. Could you please add another weakness to balance him better?

I was thinking the vision/power drains occurring for no reason would become increasingly common, but maybe starting at once or twice a day. Maybe to make it more effective, it's also correlated with power usage, so a major Soulcasting/Elsecalling (a human-sized mass/farther than a mile) or use of more than one medallion/spike than his normal two for more than 15 or so minutes will trigger an 'episode'. If he's using a medallion or spike, etc. at the time, they are drained of Investiture and turn grey.

Could I get a rating on Xanas (the Era 5 one) to see where he is lining up? 

Here's his info again.

Spoiler

Investiture: Elsecaller – 4th Ideal (on par with Jasnah)
Oaths: 

o   1st – Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination

o   2nd – I will be guided by logic, not by emotion.

o   3rd – I will consider all viewpoints, even those I do not agree with.

o   4th – I will seek out the correct questions before seeking their answers.

Two atium spikes – 1 grants Connection to the Alleyverse (i.e. it is as if he was born there), the other allows his age to remain stable (i.e. he is ageless). (Negligible value in most cases)

Has access to most forms of Investiture via spikes or medallions in his role as Head of the Department of Testing & Analysis.

Skills: Genius intellect (45); highly knowledgeable in the operations of almost all Investitures and Realmatics/Alleymatics (40)

Weakness: As a result of the Stranger’s modifications to the Worldspike and Xanas’s previous nature, Xanas and Sanax (see above) exist simultaneously. At random times, a connection between the two causes Invested objects Xanas is using (with the exception of the two spikes in his chest) to lose all power. At these times, he may lose consciousness and is incapable of being healed or woken, and may experience flashes of memories from Sanax. I was thinking the vision/power drains occurring for no reason would become increasingly common, but maybe starting at once or twice a day. Maybe to make it more effective, it's also correlated with power usage, so a major Soulcasting/Elsecalling (a human-sized mass/farther than a mile) or use of more than one medallion/spike than his normal two for more than 15 or so minutes will trigger an 'episode'. If he's using a medallion or spike, etc. at the time, they are drained of Investiture and turn grey.

Anti-social and may misinterpret social or emotional cues.

14 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Name: Thulaen Withrrun

Skills: Mastermind (65), Caretaker (ave.), Housekeeper (Skilled), Cooking (Expert). (all =40)

Magic: Channeler (37),  Healer (1), Dreamer (Untrained). Questions on my part: what does the 37 behind channeler mean, can she only heal with her channelling powers as the notes suggest? Which skill are you refering to with Healer and is Dreamer refering to the Short Story?

Biography: Thulaen was born in the Alleycity to two parents in a loving and successful marriage. Her father was a man from Elantris, her mother a woman from Westland who’d had a bit of training in the white tower before she’d run away and made it to alleycity through a number of weave accidents. Thulaen spent much of childhood learning how her Channeling and Talent worked and how to heal animals. When she was nine, one of the regular fights that occur in the alleys caught her as a bystander and she got knocked into the road where a car ran over her legs. She tried to heal herself, but the adrenaline and the lack of real or effective teaching left her attempt less than perfect. She managed to limp her way home and practiced her healing until she fixed what she could in her legs. From then on, she had trouble channeling much unless adrenaline was in her system. She spent years learning how to help out around the home to avoid being a burden on her parents, and was determined to have a positive outlook despite how much pain she was usually in, and eventually she did. Her hatred of violence also came from that moment. One day, she met Tena while on one of her less-than-common outdoor excursions, and she started going out more to meet her more often, quickly becoming friends with the woman and falling in love after maybe a month. When Tena asked for a date, she was more than happy to agree. Though walking hurts, it’s a pain she’s mostly used too- the more stress is put on her legs, though, the worse the pain becomes.  (-10)

Notes: Smells like cinnamon and caramel brownies. She refuses to fight unless she’s protecting her wife or children’s lives, and rarely leaves her home for more than an hour or two at a time. Struggles to channel unless she’s scared or full of adrenaline. The stronger her adrenaline rush or fear, the easier her power comes to her. Has trouble healing broken bone- the worse the break, fracture, or splintering, the worse her healing tends to be of the damage. Flesh and organs are easier for her, and animals are very simple for her to heal. She also has trouble moving faster than a speed-walk or jumping, and even standing up on her own can be hard on bad days. Though she has an easy time remembering and learning things, she has a really rough time making plans or thinking ahead into the future more than a few days, quickly feeling overwhelmed if she tries to think of everything that might happen that far- she usually avoids making many plans unless she wants to surprise her family. 

Theme song: 'Say you won't let go' by James Arthur

Current Total cost: 230 plus whatever her non-combat skills cost. I think. I’m not sure how much her weaknesses detract from this overall cost, or if I missed some power or strength. Once I know, I'll be able to make a better powerset. For now, this is to see what level exactly she's at and if I need to remove or add anything. :) 

Honestly I have no idea, how you end up with 230, but then I'm not really sure what to make of the Magic section ;)

I read through her biography, and I suspect, the part with her legs hurting while walking is one of her weaknesses? If yes, could you please add a weakness-section, just some short note are enough in that one, no need to write sentences.

Rating and Questions see above in green.

=======================

14 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

My characters for the Fatebreaker era: Tena and Talon! 

Tena got switched up quite a bit. Her wifey is in Lith's post above this one. 

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Tena Withrrun

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Homoromantic bisexual

Nationality: Three-quarters Alethi, eighth Scadrian noble, eighth Terris

Birthplace: Kharbranth, Roshar

Physical appearance: Five feet seven inches tall. Slim, powerful build; muscular; skin scattered with scars. Medium tan skin. Oval face; high cheekbones; full lips. Long black hair, most often in a tail. Emerald green eyes. Wears a vest, loose trousers, and boots at work and a shirt and sweatpants at home. 

Personality: Easygoing, often smiling, and affectionate with friends and family when not working, cold and reserved when she is. Believes that normal people are mostly good and people in power are mostly corrupt. Loves her wife and children with her whole heart and would do anything for them. Can easily be angered by insulting her family, though she goes into her work-mindset when this happens. 

Family: Mother- Zerasin. Father- Thathadin. Siblings- Roshin (brother, twenty-six). Spouse- Thulaen Withrrun (female, twenty-nine). Children- Buvra (son, four), Dokena (son, four). Extended family- Rena (female cousin, twenty-four), Lenare (grandfather, sixty-nine). 

Skills: Average intelligence. Skilled marksman and knife-thrower. Skilled spear-fighter and knife-fighter. Skilled thief. (150)

Biography: Tena was born to Alethi craftsman parents. She was raised in the arts of writing and painting, but she never had any talent for either. Her parents decided to give up on trying to make her into a proper Alethi woman and teach her how to fight, which she had an instant talent for. When she was sixteen, her Worldhopper grandfather, Lenare, took her to other parts of the Cosmere to advance her talents and help her learn about the universe, then dropped her off on the Alleyplanet. Here she put herself to work at becoming a mercenary, and slowly gained skill for years until she was known as one of the best in the Alleycity. She met Thulaen on a job out of town when she was twenty-two, and they fell in love quickly. After two years of seeing each other as often as they could, Thulaen moved in with Tena in Tena’s flat, and they married several months later. They got Lenare to get a sperm donation from Tena’s brother and Thulaen gave birth to twins nine months later. Since then, they have been living together happily while Tena works and Thulaen takes care of their sons.

Notes: Smells like Thulaen and mild perfume. Theme song is “Tessellate”.

Talon is basically the same over the normal universe and the alternate one. 

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Talon Patson

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Demiromantic homosexual

Nationality: Caucasian mix

Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, normal Earth

Physical appearance: Five feet ten inches tall. Slim build; tattoo of a dragon with spread wings on his back. Light, rosy skin. Lean, soft face; several freckles on nose and cheeks. Shoulder-length, curly blond hair. Ice blue eyes; emerald rim around the pupil. Wears band T-shirts and jeans at work and long-sleeved, comfy shirts and pajama pants at home. 

Personality: Cheerful, flirty, and snarky. Has trust issues and rarely believes people when they compliment or insult him. Often seems like he isn’t listening because he has trouble looking people in the eyes unless he’s flirting. Is overzealous about sex, kissing, etc and comes off as very needy. Doesn’t understand how to express his feelings to people he loves. Can be angered by people turning him down rudely and people telling him he’s bad at sex. 

Family: Mother- Debrah. Father- Matt. Siblings- Kane (brother, twenty-five), Jackie (sister, twenty). Spouse- none. Children- none. Extended family- unimportant. 

Skills: Average intelligence. Skilled bartender and waiter. Expert thief. Skilled brawler. Amateur sniper. (145) 

Biography: Talon was born in Chicago to his relatively poor family. He grew up an effeminate boy uninterested in sports, and was bullied for this in all his years of elementary school. He built up emotional walls and started to act up both at home and at school, becoming a boy infamous for doing whatever he wished and not caring who or what he damaged on his way. He lost his virginity to his best friend in eighth grade and started exploring his lusty side. Thus, he was the “queen” of high school until sixteen, when he went too far and got sent to a private school for selling marijuana. Here his profits increased tenfold and he learned how to thieve. He left high school with no idea of what he was going to do with the rest of his life. He ended up working as a cashier and living at his parents’ house, dissatisfied with life. He met a stoner one night in a club and listened to the man’s tales of a dozen worlds unlike anything on earth, and Talon followed the man into an alley when he said he could show Talon those worlds. When they walked out of the alley, they were in a completely different world, and Talon smiled for the first time in years, thinking of all the things he could do here. He became a bartender at the Bleeding Spike and bought an apartment.

Notes: Smells like conditioner and moth balls. Theme song is “Hello My Old Heart”.

Hit me up with some thoughts. I know Talon isn't a typical AV character, but he's not intended to be one. Love u guys!

Both are fine. Thank you!

==========================

Spoiler
10 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Investiture: Elsecaller – 4th Ideal (on par with Jasnah) 200
Oaths: -20

o   1st – Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination

o   2nd – I will be guided by logic, not by emotion.

o   3rd – I will consider all viewpoints, even those I do not agree with.

o   4th – I will seek out the correct questions before seeking their answers.

Two atium spikes – 1 grants Connection to the Alleyverse (i.e. it is as if he was born there), the other allows his age to remain stable (i.e. he is ageless). (Negligible value in most cases)

Has access to most forms of Investiture via spikes or medallions in his role as Head of the Department of Testing & Analysis.

Skills: Genius intellect (45); highly knowledgeable in the operations of almost all Investitures and Realmatics/Alleymatics (40)

Weakness: As a result of the Stranger’s modifications to the Worldspike and Xanas’s previous nature, Xanas and Sanax (see above) exist simultaneously. At random times, a connection between the two causes Invested objects Xanas is using (with the exception of the two spikes in his chest) to lose all power. At these times, he may lose consciousness and is incapable of being healed or woken, and may experience flashes of memories from Sanax. I was thinking the vision/power drains occurring for no reason would become increasingly common, but maybe starting at once or twice a day. Maybe to make it more effective, it's also correlated with power usage, so a major Soulcasting/Elsecalling (a human-sized mass/farther than a mile) or use of more than one medallion/spike than his normal two for more than 15 or so minutes will trigger an 'episode'. If he's using a medallion or spike, etc. at the time, they are drained of Investiture and turn grey. (-30)

Anti-social and may misinterpret social or emotional cues. (-15)

Total: 200 (I) + 85 (S) -65(W) =225

Of course. Rating see above in green.

@18th Shard

==================

19 hours ago, SingingMosaic said:

I upvoted that for the simple fact that your choices of music are amazing, I thought you should know.

Anyway. On relevant subjects lol.

I know I'm going to keep Nnimm and I'll post their sheet if I update it, can I create a new character for this era though? And can that character survive it?

Okay, I will move Nnimm. And of course, you can have up to five characters in total. So you can create a new character for this era and they most certainly can survive it!

=================

8 hours ago, Invocation said:

All my characters are coming through to the next Era, and most will remain unchanged until the reversion (yeah I know, non-typical, but just trust me). Especially Deadspot. She's intended to be my new character for this Era. 

Okay, thank you!

Investiture: Elsecaller – 4th Ideal (on par with Jasnah) 200 
Oaths: -20

Skills: Genius Intelligent 30 intellect (45 30); "skilled" knowledgeable in the operations of almost all Investitures and Realmatics/Alleymatics (40 30)

Weakness: As a result of the Stranger’s modifications to the Worldspike and Xanas’s previous nature, Xanas and Sanax (see above) exist simultaneously. At random times, a connection between the two causes Invested objects Xanas is using (with the exception of the two spikes in his chest) to lose all power. At these times, he may lose consciousness and is incapable of being healed or woken, and may experience flashes of memories from Sanax. I was thinking the vision/power drains occurring for no reason would become increasingly common, but maybe starting at once or twice a day. Maybe to make it more effective, it's also correlated with power usage, so a major Soulcasting/Elsecalling (a human-sized mass/farther than a mile) or use of more than one medallion/spike than his normal two for more than 15 or so minutes will trigger an 'episode'. If he's using a medallion or spike, etc. at the time, they are drained of Investiture and turn grey. (-30)

Anti-social and may misinterpret social or emotional cues. (-15)

No knowledge or skills in combat situations. (-10?)

Total: 200 (I) + 85 (S) -65(W) =225 

I am going to put the smaller changes to his skills in red above. With those changes, he is still about 50 high in Investiture. Because of the weakness, his Elsecaller abilities will be severely restricted since he can't use his Surges hardly at all without blacking out for an hour. Because of this, with the exception of him having a Blade, his power output is probably between a 2nd and 3rd Ideal Radiant - to compare him with Jasnah, who is probably 3rd or 4th ideal, he could only Soulcast one person, Soulcast enough to take out one Fused, or make a few stairs, before blacking out, compared to Jasnah's easy dealing with a whole gang of thugs in Kharbranth, Soulcasting oil, stone, or fire to take out the Fused, or repair an entire wall (with a lot of Stormlight). If we rated his Radiant-ness and the weakness together to average halfway between a 2nd Ideal and a 3rd Ideal Radiant (110 and 160 respectively), then his rating would be around this:

Total: 135 (I) + 60 (S) -45 (W) = 150

(Weaknesses being the anti-sociality, combat ineptitude, and his oaths)

I'd prefer to have him be a 4th Ideal Radiant for character reasons (I've shown his blade before and he's several millennia old - so it would seem a little weird for him to have not eventually sworn more oaths), but I think the above weakness would counteract any power increase between ideals. I think it would be interesting to watch him, used to throwing around far more power than he now has getting used to his new limitations. 

First, thank you, mods, for everything you do. You take time out of your lives to help make this subforum the great place it is. Thank you. ^_^

Here's a character for next era. You'll probably recognize him. I'm hoping that even with the additions, he'll pass inspection, but if not, that's why I'm trying to submit him farther in advance. (Besides, I haven't fully thought through how any other characters will change yet...:ph34r:)

I sent his character sheet to Voidus in a PM...rusts, that was over a year ago. He approved it as something I could try out to see if it would even be possible to write a pre-cog Epic in RP. I do believe that the PlasmaCore incident proved that it is possible, but it's up to your discretion.

Pre-Shift Eiran for reference:

Spoiler

Name: Eiran Sullivan

Skills: Math, logic, writing, using spreadsheets, baking

Epic Power: Precognition

Uncontrolled - He sporadically sees bits of the future (e.g. what color shirt a person might wear the next day, part of a conversation). These random snippets aren’t set in stone what is to come - they’re just the most likely to happen.

Controlled - When in danger he can see every possible course of action. Danger constitutes someone doing something that could end up causing him physical or emotional pain. He can flip through the different possibilities from anywhere of a couple of seconds or several minutes depending on how far away the danger is; he will not see any realities without or after the danger.

Epic Weakness: Inflicting injury onto others. Eiran will not be able to see into the future until they stop feeling pain from it or stop focusing on it.

Weaknesses: Eiran isn’t aware of his surroundings when looking into the future and becomes vulnerable. Lacks training in physical combat.

Appearance: Short brown hair, rectangular glasses, green eyes, 5’ 7”. Typically wears jeans and solid colored long sleeved shirts.

Family: A mother in Newcago

History: Before Calamity rose, Eiran worked as an actuary. He was good at his work and did well, getting a job without much effort at the time he needed one. When he gained his powers he was alone in a junkyard contemplating what he was doing with his life so there was no one around during his Rending. His fear of injuring others also prevented him from going too near civilization. The first precognitive moment he had was of a cookie being placed on his desk at work when his watch read 10:10. Next day, at 10:10 AM a woman came into his office and set a cookie on a pile of his papers. She introduced herself as Deteca and offered him a better paying job from a group called TUBA and he readily accepted. Eiran’s been working as their actuary among other things ever since. After the PlasmaCore incident, he decided to return home. The experience really shook him and he started on an indefinitely long sabbatical.

Guild: TUBA

Post-Shift Eiran (changes are written in blue to save you some time since most of it is the exact same thing):

Spoiler

Name: Eiran Sullivan

Skills: Math, logic, writing, using spreadsheets, baking, haggling. 

Epic Power: Precognition

Uncontrolled - He sporadically sees bits of the future (e.g. what color shirt a person might wear the next day, a snippet of a conversation). These random snippets aren’t set in stone what is to come - they’re just the most likely to happen.

Controlled - When in danger he can see every possible course of action. Danger constitutes someone doing something that could end up causing him physical or emotional pain. He can flip through the different possibilities from anywhere of a couple of seconds or several minutes depending on how far away the danger is; he will not see any realities without or after the danger.

Epic Weakness: Inflicting injury onto others. Eiran will not be able to see into the future until they stop feeling pain from it or stop focusing on it.

Weaknesses: Eiran isn’t aware of his surroundings when looking into the future and becomes vulnerable. Lacks training in physical combat. His bouts of deja vu leave him confused and disoriented. 

Appearance: Short brown hair, black framed glasses, green eyes, somewhat lanky, 5’ 7”. Typically wears jeans and solid colored long sleeved button-down shirts.

Family: A mother in Newcago 

History: Before Calamity rose, Eiran worked as an actuary. He was good at his work and did well, getting a job without much effort at the time he needed one. When he gained his powers he was alone in a junkyard contemplating what he was doing with his life so there was no one around during his Rending. His fear of injuring others also prevented him from going too near civilization. He works at a real-estate firm in Newcago as an actuary, concealing the fact that he's an Epic from those around him. Recently he was sent to Alleycity to see if developing there would be a good idea. However, he has started experiencing weird moments of deja vu in which what happens to him feels familiar in the way his random visions do, except, post-Shift, Eiran never saw these things. In reality, they were things he saw beforehand that he doesn't remember. 

Guild: None, but has a subconscious leaning towards TUBA

Submitting Lita with following changes for the Shift. Really the only difference is I'm swapping F-Copper for A-Pewter in terms of her spike:

Spoiler

Name: Lita Attar (ERA 5 EDITION)

Physical Characteristics: Female, 25, average height (~64 inches), slender build. Long auburn hair. Lightish skin, olive tones. Hazel green eyes, large, widely spaced. Rounded face with pointed chin.

Investiture: Hereditary Twinborn: A-Tin, F-Brass; Spike granting Copper Feruchemy

Skills: Skilled at covert surveillance and spycraft. She is Smart, above-average.

Equipment: Metal vials, brass arm-bands (2) worn constantly and three brass ear cuffs (not pierced), 2 on right ear, 1 on left. Glasses. 

Weakness: Has very poor eyesight when not burning tin and she requires glasses. She taps brass when burning tin to avoid feeling cold, which means she is unaccustomed to temperature sensitivity while burning tin. Has zero combat skills, is quite small. Lita has a severe prejudice against Terris people, despite being half Terris herself. 

Family: Mother not in picture, father lives in Elendel, no siblings she knows of, no children or spouse 

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Lita was born illegitimately to Conrad Attarre and her unknown mother in one of Elendel’s poorer Octants. Her mother, ashamed that she had conceived with someone who wasn’t Terris, refused to acknowledge her daughter and cut the both of them off. Conrad operated a Soothing parlour, and when Lita was revealed to be a Twinborn, her father enlisted her to work alongside him, keeping tin-enhanced eyes and ears on the patrons without them knowing. After she caught one of her father’s patrons, named Forian Tekiel, conducting illicit business in the Soothing parlour, she decided to offer her services as a Tineye to him and joined his smuggling ring. This worked for some years, but Forian eventually decided to try to frame Lita’s father for the illicit business he himself was conducting.

Lita poisoned Forian and fled Elendel, heading south until she met a group of worldhoppers. They offered to pay her to fill several heat Excisors, and invited her to join them if she wanted to. When the group passed through the Alleyverse she decided to stay. She changed her name from Attarre to Attar, hoping she could blend into the sea of faces and peoples in Alleycity and start over. Prior to joining the Dark Alley, she took odd spying jobs, filled heat Excisors, and mixed the occasional poison.

During a trip to the Odd Job Tavern in search of work, Lita met Laurelai and was later recruited into the Dark Alley. She worked diligently under the tutelage of Mac through the events of Era 3, impressing him with her skill, ambition, and quick mind. He gave her a spike granting her Copper Feruchemy as a reward after the Plasmacore incident, and continued to use her as a high-level covert operative in the future. When he realized that it was his time to leave the Alleyverse, he set things in motion to have her succeed him in his position.

Now at the height of her personal career and having achieved the level of power and ability she always wanted, Lita finds herself content… most of the time. She is plagued, however, by a lingering sort of ennui, a feeling of unease and dissatisfaction with her life. ‘Why,’ she asks herself, ‘when I have finally grasped this level of freedom, power and responsibility, do I feel trapped, played, and suspicious?’ As she turns 25, she attempts to understand the source of this unease, accompanied by odd dreams that she can never wholly remember. Dreams that feel very much like memories full of things that cannot, and should not, exist.

Guild: Dark Alley

Personality: Extroverted, charming, cunning, and perceptive. Lita loves secrets, and will do what she can to ferret out any hidden knowledge she thinks will give her some power or edge. She does not trust easily, but she does enjoy company, so she simply does not reveal much about herself. After a childhood of relative scarcity, Lita loves the finer things in life. Lita is somewhat self-absorbed, but cares deeply about her inner circle - the few it contains, anyway. The introduction of Copper Feruchemy into her life has made her even more keenly observant, as well as less impulsive and more introspective.

I'd also like to bring Vivica as-is.

On 22.4.2020 at 6:49 PM, 18th Shard said:

I'd prefer to have him be a 4th Ideal Radiant for character reasons (I've shown his blade before and he's several millennia old - so it would seem a little weird for him to have not eventually sworn more oaths), but I think the above weakness would counteract any power increase between ideals. I think it would be interesting to watch him, used to throwing around far more power than he now has getting used to his new limitations. 

I can approve him like that, but please try to keep about 2nd oath level. Combat ineptitude in itself not a weakness, as you have to invest points to get a weapon skill. It would break the system a little, if you could get points for skills you choose against.

On 23.4.2020 at 0:06 AM, Silva said:

I sent his character sheet to Voidus in a PM...rusts, that was over a year ago. He approved it as something I could try out to see if it would even be possible to write a pre-cog Epic in RP. I do believe that the PlasmaCore incident proved that it is possible, but it's up to your discretion.

If Voidus already approved him, then I can only repeat that. Post-Shift Eiran is definitly fine as well.

On 23.4.2020 at 7:05 AM, ZincAboutIt said:

Submitting Lita with following changes for the Shift. Really the only difference is I'm swapping F-Copper for A-Pewter in terms of her spike:

Lita is fine with the swapped spikes and I'll copy Vivica.

On 4/22/2020 at 0:24 AM, Sorana said:

Rating and Questions see above in green.

=======================

Both are fine. Thank you!

==========================

Reveal hidden contents

Of course. Rating see above in green.

@18th Shard

==================

Okay, I will move Nnimm. And of course, you can have up to five characters in total. So you can create a new character for this era and they most certainly can survive it!

=================

Okay, thank you!

So, the 37 was on the scale rating. The women's section has a power listing that goes from 1 to 72, and she was a 37 on that scale. With her channeling, she can move things around with her powers, but nothing larger than a bucket, but healing is her only real talent with it. Dreamer is thirty points. It's the ability to Dreamwalk (Enter the world of dreams and other people's dreams if she tries- though she mostly just ends up inside of her wife's dreams every night.) and sometimes get those weird prophetic dream things that are almost impossible to interpret correctly. Healer is just to imply that she has a talent wit healing, which was listed as being ten points. And yes, the leg thing is a weakness. I'll update her profile in a minute. :3

Spoiler
On 4/22/2020 at 0:24 AM, Sorana said:

Skills: Mastermind (65), Caretaker (ave.), Housekeeper (Skilled), Cooking (Expert). (all =40)

Magic: Channeler (37 on the power scale/ 125 points, I think),  Healer (10 points), Dreamer (30 points, according to the list. She is untrained in this power.). 

Biography: Thulaen was born in the Alleycity to two parents in a loving and successful marriage. Her father was a man from Elantris, her mother a woman from Westland who’d had a bit of training in the white tower before she’d run away and made it to alleycity through a number of weave accidents. Thulaen spent much of childhood learning how her Channeling and Talent worked and how to heal animals. When she was nine, one of the regular fights that occur in the alleys caught her as a bystander and she got knocked into the road where a car ran over her legs. She tried to heal herself, but the adrenaline and the lack of real or effective teaching left her attempt less than perfect. She managed to limp her way home and practiced her healing until she fixed what she could in her legs. From then on, she had trouble channeling much unless adrenaline was in her system. She spent years learning how to help out around the home to avoid being a burden on her parents, and was determined to have a positive outlook despite how much pain she was usually in, and eventually she did. Her hatred of violence also came from that moment. One day, she met Tena while on one of her less-than-common outdoor excursions, and she started going out more to meet her more often, quickly becoming friends with the woman and falling in love after maybe a month. When Tena asked for a date, she was more than happy to agree. Though walking hurts, it’s a pain she’s mostly used too- the more stress is put on her legs, though, the worse the pain becomes.  (-10)

Notes: Smells like cinnamon and caramel brownies. She refuses to fight unless she’s protecting her wife or children’s lives, and rarely leaves her home for more than an hour or two at a time. Struggles to channel unless she’s scared or full of adrenaline. The stronger her adrenaline rush or fear, the easier her power comes to her. Has trouble healing broken bone- the worse the break, fracture, or splintering, the worse her healing tends to be of the damage. Flesh and organs are easier for her, and animals are very simple for her to heal. She also has trouble moving faster than a speed-walk or jumping, and even standing up on her own can be hard on bad days. Though she has an easy time remembering and learning things, she has a really rough time making plans or thinking ahead into the future more than a few days, quickly feeling overwhelmed if she tries to think of everything that might happen that far- she usually avoids making many plans unless she wants to surprise her family. 

Weaknesses: Is untrained in her powers and can currently only heal and move relatively small and lightweight objects. Due to her broken legs as a child, and the imperfect healing she performed on them, she cannot run or even speed walk for longer than a few minutes without experiencing debilitating pain, and cannot jump or easily climb for the reason as well, making stairs difficult for her. She also generally struggles to use her channeling unless she is panicking or on an adrenaline rush, and has to hum a lullaby while she channels to focus her healing effectively. She cannot heal bone-related injuries without immense effort thanks to a mental block from her leg injury, and is better at healing animals than people. 

Theme song: 'Say you won't let go' by James Arthur

Current Total cost: 230 plus whatever her non-combat skills cost. I think. I’m not sure how much her weaknesses detract from this overall cost, or if I missed some power or strength. Once I know, I'll be able to make a better powerset. For now, this is to see what level exactly she's at and if I need to remove or add anything. :) 

I added some weaknesses and clarified a few things. I hope it's better now. :)

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

So, the 37 was on the scale rating. The women's section has a power listing that goes from 1 to 72, and she was a 37 on that scale. With her channeling, she can move things around with her powers, but nothing larger than a bucket, but healing is her only real talent with it. Dreamer is thirty points. It's the ability to Dreamwalk (Enter the world of dreams and other people's dreams if she tries- though she mostly just ends up inside of her wife's dreams every night.) and sometimes get those weird prophetic dream things that are almost impossible to interpret correctly. Healer is just to imply that she has a talent wit healing, which was listed as being ten points. And yes, the leg thing is a weakness. I'll update her profile in a minute. :3

Just for some context for less intense WoT fans, that 37 means she would just barely make it to being as Aes Sedai, but would be one of the weakest in the Tower.

Well, I'm impatient, so I might as well share my character sheet here now I guess :P

Spoiler

Name: Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben

Investiture: Nightwatched boon. He visited the Nightwatcher and asked... For knowledge.
Now he is able to see into other worlds, this power is uncontrollable, and often only finds knowledge usable on another world which he will never visit.

Weakness: Nightwatched curse: May never tell anyone about his knowledge or his power. He also suffers restless nights, in which he sees into other worlds. Also, sees everything upside down, because he failed to keep his power secret.

Special skills and Weapons: He sometimes finds ideas for other useful weapons in other worlds. Since he is a skilled craftsman he can replicate them. The most useful up to now was the Hoopak. A versatile weapon created by Kenders. The Hoopak serves both as staff, spear, sling, and storage. It might even serve as a musical instrument for a pinch.

Physical characteristics: Shin, young male. (Pale, no epicanthic fold...)

Family: Son to two accomplished craftsmen(And... Craftswoman)

Home: Shinovar, Roshar. He never settled for too long in any particular place.

History/Biography: Lord was born in Shinovar, son to two artisans. He acquired crafting skills but was not content with the simple life of a Shin craftsman. Throughout his life was reigned by the desire for knowledge. In fact, He got involved with a group of shin interested in the surges. When this group, Lord amongst them, was declared truthless, Lord himself also had to leave his home.

After that, he wandered the west, happily taking artisan work for a living.

And then he heard about the Nightwatcher, a being who could grant boons to a traveler brave enough to dare her curse.

And so he arrived to the Nightwatcher. As a ragged traveler with grandeur in his mind.

And what did he ask for?

Knowledge.

And that is what he got. But not of the sort he hoped.

From then on, every night, he would dream about other places. places with creatures and technology known and unknown.

Until one night, he dreamed of a group of weary travelers trudging across an obsidian ground, surrounded by a sea of beads. They submerged themselves into a light. And suddenly, he dreamt for the first time of his own world.

He joined these travelers, world hoppers they called themselves.

That way he learned a Worldhopper's way of lengthening their lives, and many others of their secrets. In a way, he had what he had wished for.

And then, on a pleasant night on the DIDGERIDOO, Alleycity, after many unspiked drinks, he revealed his own secret. The only secret he was not allowed to share with someone willing to learn.

How he came across such inventive ideas?

Welllllll He slurred drunkenly I once visited... that one. The vine woman. Oh yeah! The Nightwa...

He then collapsed on himself. All the others thought he had fainted with alcohol. 

But he didn't join them the day later, nor the day after...

They Worldhoppers had to depart, they had somewhere important to be.

Meanwhile, Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben Stared at the ceiling of the small room someone kind enough had provided for him.

It was the only place he could look at without feeling nauseated.

Up is down now, at least to his eyes, and down up.

Please tell me if it is unbalanced and I will balance it...

Or better yet! approve it if it's good!

My first two characters for Era 5 (Kumiko and KanMien):

Kumiko:

Spoiler

Name: Takamine Kumiko

Epic Name: Kitsune

Appearance: Has a Japanese appearance, and is around 5'2'' tall, with short, dark brown hair. Wears a white and red shrine maiden outfit when out for official business, otherwise wears assorted kimonos. Tends to have a fox tail and ears.

Epic Powers:

• Foxfire:
    Her primary ability. She can conjure Investure in the form of blue-purple flames and manipulate them. These flames aren't actually capable of burning things though, and aren't hot, and instead have the ability to burn away Investure. This works the best on kinetic Investure, innate Investure being both difficult and time-consuming. Actually burning something by simply projecting the flame in the air takes a lot of energy though, and is difficult, so generally it's easier for her to simply seal the flames into an object, focusing its power and allowing her to use the object in question as something similar to a Shardweapon, though somewhat weaker, but with the ability to cut through Kinetic investure as well, allowing her to use the weapon (or the raw flame) as something similar to Allomantic Chromium, though without the ability to burn away metals, and projected flames burn much slower than Chromium, requiring 10 times the time Chromium would take, though when infused in a weapon it can burn quicker.
    Imbued cutting weapons move through objects without actually interacting with them, just as regular Shardblades, unless the Foxfire isn't strong enough to properly cut through it.
    While a weapon imbued with Foxfire can cut through most inanimate objects just as easily as a Shardblade can, certain tough enough objects/materials (thick rock, high-quality armour) are capable of resisting and blocking the weapon, though it does damage them. It also doesn't have the strength to properly cut through someone's soul, and instead disrupts it, temporarily paralysing the limb (or the whole body, when cutting through the spine). The duration of this depends on how much Foxfire she puts into the cut, as well as the amount of Innate Investure someone has, averaging at about an hour. While the effect is active Foxfire will be visible along the cut. Investure-based healing can quickly get rid of this effect for much less Investure than it would cost to restore Shardblade cuts, or even severed limbs.
    When she's burning her Innate Investure the power of her Foxfire gets boosted significantly. Projected Foxfire becomes actually useful and can burn things away at a distance, though still taking a few seconds, depending on the amount used. Weapons with Foxfire imbued in them will do much greater damage when cutting and stabbing things, with the damage spreading outwards similar to what Nightblood does, though the actual level of power is a fair bit lower, with the effect normally extending out for about 25 centimetres.
    She can also control if a flame burns a specific thing or not, though this takes focus.
    Any Investure burned away by the flames can be used to fuel her own abilities, though some power gets lost during the absorption.
  • Improved physical abilities:
    She can surround herself with her flame to improve her own physical abilities, though this flame isn't capable of destroying Investure like her Foxfire is, though if she wants to she can use it to burn up part of her own Innate Investure, which can drastically boost her powers for a bit, but with the down-side of long-term damage or even death.
    This boost behaves in the same way as stormlight does for a Surgebinder, enhancing her speed and granting her a healing factor. This healing factor also allows her to regenerate her Innate Investure, as long as she has some left and isn't currently burning it, but this takes a long time, even with external sources available, especially since burning away her Innate Investure significantly weakens her abilities afterwards until it is restored again (degree of weakness depends on how much was burned away).
    Normally the degree of enhancement is roughly the same as with Surgebinders, but if she wants to she can decrease the boost to save power for using her Foxfire, or for longer endurance, and she can also increase the boost in return for quicker energy consumption and lower efficiency (the lower efficiency creates a soft ceiling on her boost when she isn't burning her Innate Investure, with the ceiling being about 3 times the Stormlight boost, though efficiency issues at this point have her burning through Investure at somewhat ridiculous rates).
    Note that her healing has lower efficiency and speed than that of Surgebinders, so she tries to avoid taking damage whenever possible.
  • Barriers (This will get cut if the point count is too high):
    She can create flame-like barriers. These barriers are normally very weak though, with low energy efficiency, similar to projecting her Foxfire (they aren't even capable of fully blocking bullets, though they can slow them down or alter the course to lower the odds of fatal injuries, similar to a weak steel bubble). However, embedding it into something can increase the efficiency a lot. When she infuses it into something she can create a barrier in the path of the object, which then stays behind for a few seconds, or manifest the barrier on the surface of an object, though that requires her to constantly fuel it.
    She normally using this ability to create barriers in the wake of her sword to deflect ranged attacks, or on her shoes to create temporary barriers beneath her feet so she can jump in mid-air. She can't move barriers created through imbued objects.
    When burning her Innate Investure her barriers become much stronger, with even projected barrier flames being capable of withstanding explosions. She can also fire off barrier flames from imbued objects in this state, which allows her to perform ranged cuts.
  • Basic shapeshifting:
    She can hide her ears and tail, though they come out automatically when she uses her other powers.
  • Important Notes:
    She isn't actually capable of providing the energy for her abilities herself, and needs outside sources instead. She is capable of building up a small stockpile by absorbing Investure through food, but this is inefficient, and the stockpile while only let her use her abilities at normal level for less than a minute. To be able to use her abilities normally she needs to carry an external supply with her, such as Stormlight infused gems.
    Furthermore, any Investure she absorbs this way fades away after about 5 minutes, no matter how much it was, though she can burn through it faster than that, and when she absorbs additional Investure it gets its own timer. This means she needs to carefully judge how much Investure she absorbs each time, to make sure she has enough power to deal with the situation, while avoiding burning through large amounts of her supply and wasting it. This also means she needs to take the time to take out the Stormlight gems she wants to use, and focus on them, since she can't select a specific amount while they're still in her purse/bag.

Equipment: A katana.

Skills: Intelligence, Smart (15), Melee combat training (Kendo), Average (35).

Epic Weakness: Killing people. (Letting people die through inaction doesn't trigger this. Thinking she has killed someone but being wrong does trigger it. Killing someone by accident weakens her, but doesn't leave her completely powerless.)

Weaknesses: Slow at coming to trust people, and often expects the worst of them. Has a tendency of extending fights if she considers the other side evil in the hopes of making them suffer more, but this can leave her open to running out of power, or letting the other side escape.

Personality: Hides her feelings when around people she doesn't trust, which are most of them. Tends to be very serious, and can be quite cruel to those she judges evil, and while she can revise that judgement based on circumstances, she is slow to do so, and isn't actually always interested in doing so, being more interested in hurting someone and making herself feel better than actual justice. Often needs KanMien's help to remind her to slow down a little, and to get her to trust someone. Tends to focus more on punishing people than helping people.
Is uncertain how she feels about her ears and tail.

Relations: Parents died when she was younger. Later taken in by KoTiel and KanMien. Currently lives with KanMien, who she is in a relationship with.

History: When she was younger her parents were killed when someone robbed their house, and she ended up killing the robber in self-defence, the event traumatizing her, especially the feeling of killing people. When she was 15 Calamity appeared, and soon after developing her own powers she accidentally ended up world-hopping, where she was found by KoTiel and KanMien, who took her in, at which point she also found out that readably available Investure (often in the form of metalminds KanMien filled) made her powers much more useful. She spent a few years traveling with them, eventually ending up in a relationship with KanMien, while coming to see KoTiel as an adoptive parent. At some point they started living in the Alleycity, and when KoTiel decided to keep travelling KanMien and Kumiko instead decided to stay, eventually joining TUBA.

Guild: TUBA

Theme song(s): Nana Mizuki - Zettō Ame no Habakiri, Audiopizza - Daughter of the Flame

KanMien:

Spoiler

Name: KanMien

Species: Kandra

Investure: Iron Feruchemy Blessings. Decay and flawed creation methods lowered the efficiency to about 85% for both storing and tapping. Furthermore, improper construction makes them flawed as Blessings, making it easier for emotional Allomancy to control her.

Appearance: She uses a true body of about 5'4'' tall, and has long, dark-brown hair. When expecting combat she normally wears a business suit covering a bullet-resistant soft vest (can stop small calibre handgun bullets and shrapnel, but not much else). Otherwise she tends to go with a more casual shirt and jeans, the look somewhat ruined by the two revolvers she tends to have on her.

Equipment: Polymer skeleton coated in iron. Two heavy-calibre revolvers (roughly similar to a .44 Magnum) made from a aluminium-alloy (the lower weight causes recoil issues, and requires her to be tapping iron while firing, while the lower suitability of the aluminium-alloy means they need more maintenance. ). Also owns a large aluminium-alloy rifle, similarly chambered for large-calibre bullets.

Skills: Intelligence, Smart (15), Projectile weapon training, Average (45).

Weaknesses:

• Flawed blessings make it easier for emotional allomancy to control her, and she has developed the instinctive reaction to forcefully knock herself out if she feels strong amounts of emotional allomancy aimed at her.
  • While a decent strategist she has a habit of simply rushing into things, relying on her healing and Kumiko's support to deal with things.
  • Her young age means she has little experience with shapeshifting, with appearance changes taking a long time, and being incapable of imitating people (courtesy of KoTiel training her). Her ability at healing herself is decent, but somewhat underwhelming compared to Investure-based healing, or the healing rates some of the more skilled Kandra are capable of.
  • The recoil on her guns require her to be tapping iron while firing, since otherwise the recoil will be way to high, and can even break her arms if she isn't careful (especially because she's stupid enough to dual-wield .44 revolvers made out of metal that's way too light).

Personality: Easy-going with a lot of self-confidence, can sometimes come across as a bit cocky. Can be a bit immature at times. Hates losing. Really dislikes Hemalurgy, including her own spikes. Dislikes innocent people getting hurt, and tries to avoid collateral damage, but has no issue killing opponents. Sometimes falls into the role of having to reign in Kumiko though whenever she's taking things too far, and dislikes causing unnecessary suffering to people she's fighting, unless they really ticked her off (Hemalurgists and those controlling constructs using emotional allomancy).
Tends to joke that as a Kandra she's legally obliged to dislike people with emotional allomancy.
Feels most of the older Kandra she's met are kind of stuffy and boring, or overly serious, though she has expressed an interesting in meeting MeLaan after hearing stories about her.

Relations: Considers KoTiel to be a parent figure to them. Currently in a relationship with Kumiko.

History: Created by a group of rogue Hemalurgists, she spent the first year of her life with them, though she doesn't remember much of this, aside from the fact that she didn't like it much. After a year KoTiel found the place though, and ended up dealing with the Hemalurgists, saving KanMien and taking her in, raising her and taking her with them across the Cosmere, and even on a few trips to an earth, where she got her current skeleton. After about a decade they came across Kumiko during their travels, and took her in as well, since she didn't have anywhere to go or any knowledge about the world she was on. After a while Kumiko and KanMien ended up in a relationship, and they ended up living together in the Alleycity, and when KoTiel ended up leaving to continue traveling they ended up staying behind, joining TUBA.

Theme song(s): Sons of Amon - God Mode

@Voidus, since Epic.

Here's my era 5/6 Hellbent. I have no doubt that it will probably end up being an OP character sheet.

Spoiler

Name: Hellbent (real name is Anthony Nightshade)

Investiture: Extremely powerful sand master (60) Fifth heightening Awakener (150) [210]

Equipment: Four different old pistols and a rifle. Two daggers. Several pouches of sand.

Weaknesses: 

Important: Has trouble reading people, which manifests in him taking more or less everything at face value. Easily charmed by a pretty face, or kind words. Bad eyesight. His code of honor leads to him following through with a bullish persistence to anything he says he will do.

Minor character details: Deeply terrified of rodents. Allergic to dogs.

Nationality: Half Terris, quarter lossandin, eighth koloss-blooded, sixteenth nalthian, sixteenth alethi

Appearance: Baggy whitish pants held up by a belt that holds two of his four pistols, and one of his daggers, with some sand. A sashlike strap crosses his chest, holding the third pistol and the dagger, along with some of the sand. Bare-chested, wears a duster over, always unbuttoned. Three inch white curly hair. Goggles usually up. Violet eyes. Muscular. Black sleek boots with metal on the front. Black leather gloves, fingerless.

Skills: Skilled poison maker (25), average projectile weapons (45)

Height: 7’1” 

Eyes: Pale Violet

Hair: White

Skin: A deep tan, with gray-tan splotches

Family: None

History: Born into a long line of worldhoppers, at 15 ran away and joined a group of thieves and assassins. After a period living among them he decided to explore the world. He began to research theoretical powers, and his worldhopper heritage. He wandered the various planets, learning the ways of them. He then moved to Roshar, where he met his closest ally after a year as a criminal, Sharkan a shin woman. They moved back to Sel, where Anthony took on the name Hellbent to gain a reputation among the criminals and worldhoppers. He researched the Dor, and eventually used it to craft a relic.

The relic is related to the plot I'm going to run next era and doesn't give him any extra powers. With the current character, I'm pretty sure he'll most definitely be OP, but I'm still checking.

@Sorana @Voidus @I think I am here.

43 minutes ago, Arcc1002 said:

Here's my era 5/6 Hellbent. I have no doubt that it will probably end up being an OP character sheet.

Hide contents

Name: Hellbent (real name is Anthony Nightshade)

Investiture: Extremely powerful sand master (60) Fifth heightening Awakener (150) [210]

Equipment: Four different old pistols and a rifle. Two daggers. Several pouches of sand.

Weaknesses: 

Important: Has trouble reading people, which manifests in him taking more or less everything at face value. Easily charmed by a pretty face, or kind words. Bad eyesight. His code of honor leads to him following through with a bullish persistence to anything he says he will do.

Minor character details: Deeply terrified of rodents. Allergic to dogs.

Nationality: Half Terris, quarter lossandin, eighth koloss-blooded, sixteenth nalthian, sixteenth alethi

Appearance: Baggy whitish pants held up by a belt that holds two of his four pistols, and one of his daggers, with some sand. A sashlike strap crosses his chest, holding the third pistol and the dagger, along with some of the sand. Bare-chested, wears a duster over, always unbuttoned. Three inch white curly hair. Goggles usually up. Violet eyes. Muscular. Black sleek boots with metal on the front. Black leather gloves, fingerless.

Skills: Skilled poison maker (25), average projectile weapons (45)

Height: 7’1” 

Eyes: Pale Violet

Hair: White

Skin: A deep tan, with gray-tan splotches

Family: None

History: Born into a long line of worldhoppers, at 15 ran away and joined a group of thieves and assassins. After a period living among them he decided to explore the world. He began to research theoretical powers, and his worldhopper heritage. He wandered the various planets, learning the ways of them. He then moved to Roshar, where he met his closest ally after a year as a criminal, Sharkan a shin woman. They moved back to Sel, where Anthony took on the name Hellbent to gain a reputation among the criminals and worldhoppers. He researched the Dor, and eventually used it to craft a relic.

The relic is related to the plot I'm going to run next era and doesn't give him any extra powers. With the current character, I'm pretty sure he'll most definitely be OP, but I'm still checking.

@Sorana @Voidus @I think I am here.

Definitely not 130 points worth of weaknesses there so yeah this is going to need to be submitted as an OP character and voted on.

16 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

Please tell me if it is unbalanced and I will balance it...

Hello!

Your character looks fine! I will add them to the character list later!

================

Spoiler

Magic: Channeler (37 on the power scale/ 125 points, I think),  Healer (10 points), Dreamer (30 points, according to the list. She is untrained in this power.). 

Biography: Thulaen was born in the Alleycity to two parents in a loving and successful marriage. Her father was a man from Elantris, her mother a woman from Westland who’d had a bit of training in the white tower before she’d run away and made it to alleycity through a number of weave accidents. Thulaen spent much of childhood learning how her Channeling and Talent worked and how to heal animals. When she was nine, one of the regular fights that occur in the alleys caught her as a bystander and she got knocked into the road where a car ran over her legs. She tried to heal herself, but the adrenaline and the lack of real or effective teaching left her attempt less than perfect. She managed to limp her way home and practiced her healing until she fixed what she could in her legs. From then on, she had trouble channeling much unless adrenaline was in her system. She spent years learning how to help out around the home to avoid being a burden on her parents, and was determined to have a positive outlook despite how much pain she was usually in, and eventually she did. Her hatred of violence also came from that moment. One day, she met Tena while on one of her less-than-common outdoor excursions, and she started going out more to meet her more often, quickly becoming friends with the woman and falling in love after maybe a month. When Tena asked for a date, she was more than happy to agree. Though walking hurts, it’s a pain she’s mostly used too- the more stress is put on her legs, though, the worse the pain becomes.

Weaknesses: Is untrained in her powers and can currently only heal and move relatively small and lightweight objects. (-15) Due to her broken legs as a child, and the imperfect healing she performed on them, she cannot run or even speed walk for longer than a few minutes without experiencing debilitating pain, and cannot jump or easily climb for the reason as well, making stairs difficult for her. (-25) She also generally struggles to use her channeling unless she is panicking or on an adrenaline rush, and has to hum a lullaby while she channels to focus her healing effectively. (-20) She cannot heal bone-related injuries without immense effort thanks to a mental block from her leg injury, and is better at healing animals than people. (-10)

Current Total Cost:

Skills: 105

Investiture: 165

Weaknesses: 70

--> She's still a little too strong - although if I understand you correctly, she can only use her channeling for healing and moving small, light objects? If that's the case, she's approved.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Edited by Sorana

I forgot one thing about my next era characters. Lance is coming in (post-Scadrial Thread stuff, and I'm rotating Eos out for a little while. She'll be back eventually, but I can't think of an actual use for her this Era. 

Spoiler

Name: Lance Rapis

Physical Characteristics: 6 foot even, lean, blond hair, tan from being outside a lot, masquerade mask with tinted lenses covering his upper face, mistcoat dyed wholly black with a black shirt underneath.

Investiture: A-Bendalloy, F-Electrum, A-Iron Hemalurgic spike.

Skills: Skilled with melee weapons

Equipment: Dueling canes with one extra six-shot revolver for emergencies.

Weakness: He has to watch how much he stores or he'll go crazy with hedonistic activities and have to deal with the fallout. Paranoid. Somewhat arrogant as well. Instability brought about via the spike.

Family: Who cares? Not him.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: When Lance turned 18, his family turned him out. He was forced to steal to survive before eventually turning to vigilantism to right the wrongs he saw and hopes to make the city a better place. He almost fell in with Vanishers but decided against it at the last minute. 

Personality: Overly dramatic when not tapping or storing. When storing, exceptionally apathetic and has a tendency to engage in hedonistic activities. When tapping, he gets really grim. Is determined to die fighting when he eventually goes down.

Theme Song: Aviators - Too Late for a Savior

Fighting Style: Thrashes opponents with his dueling canes and sometimes a speed bubble or two.

Edited by Invocation

On 4/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, Sorana said:

Hello!

Your character looks fine! I will add them to the character list later!

================

Hide contents

Biography: Thulaen was born in the Alleycity to two parents in a loving and successful marriage. Her father was a man from Elantris, her mother a woman from Westland who’d had a bit of training in the white tower before she’d run away and made it to alleycity through a number of weave accidents. Thulaen spent much of childhood learning how her Channeling and Talent worked and how to heal animals. When she was nine, one of the regular fights that occur in the alleys caught her as a bystander and she got knocked into the road where a car ran over her legs. She tried to heal herself, but the adrenaline and the lack of real or effective teaching left her attempt less than perfect. She managed to limp her way home and practiced her healing until she fixed what she could in her legs. From then on, she had trouble channeling much unless adrenaline was in her system. She spent years learning how to help out around the home to avoid being a burden on her parents, and was determined to have a positive outlook despite how much pain she was usually in, and eventually she did. Her hatred of violence also came from that moment. One day, she met Tena while on one of her less-than-common outdoor excursions, and she started going out more to meet her more often, quickly becoming friends with the woman and falling in love after maybe a month. When Tena asked for a date, she was more than happy to agree. Though walking hurts, it’s a pain she’s mostly used too- the more stress is put on her legs, though, the worse the pain becomes.

Weaknesses: Is untrained in her powers and can currently only heal and move relatively small and lightweight objects. (-15) Due to her broken legs as a child, and the imperfect healing she performed on them, she cannot run or even speed walk for longer than a few minutes without experiencing debilitating pain, and cannot jump or easily climb for the reason as well, making stairs difficult for her. (-25) She also generally struggles to use her channeling unless she is panicking or on an adrenaline rush, and has to hum a lullaby while she channels to focus her healing effectively. (-20) She cannot heal bone-related injuries without immense effort thanks to a mental block from her leg injury, and is better at healing animals than people. (-10)

Current Total Cost:

Skills: 105

Investiture: 165

Weaknesses: 70

--> She's still a little too strong - although if I understand you correctly, she can only use her channeling for healing and moving small, light objects? If that's the case, she's approved.

@ShadowLord_Lith

Yes, she can only heal and move objects that are under twenty five or so pounds. She doesn't know any other weaves and isn't looking for a teacher, so she's unlikely to learn more, even accidentally. 

On 4/28/2020 at 11:05 PM, kenod said:

My first two characters for Era 5 (Kumiko and KanMien):

Kumiko:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Takamine Kumiko

Epic Name: Kitsune

Appearance: Has a Japanese appearance, and is around 5'2'' tall, with short, dark brown hair. Wears a white and red shrine maiden outfit when out for official business, otherwise wears assorted kimonos. Tends to have a fox tail and ears.

Epic Powers:

• Foxfire:
    Her primary ability. She can conjure Investure in the form of blue-purple flames and manipulate them. These flames aren't actually capable of burning things though, and aren't hot, and instead have the ability to burn away Investure. This works the best on kinetic Investure, innate Investure being both difficult and time-consuming. Actually burning something by simply projecting the flame in the air takes a lot of energy though, and is difficult, so generally it's easier for her to simply seal the flames into an object, focusing its power and allowing her to use the object in question as something similar to a Shardweapon, though somewhat weaker, but with the ability to cut through Kinetic investure as well, allowing her to use the weapon (or the raw flame) as something similar to Allomantic Chromium, though without the ability to burn away metals, and projected flames burn much slower than Chromium, requiring 10 times the time Chromium would take, though when infused in a weapon it can burn quicker.
    Imbued cutting weapons move through objects without actually interacting with them, just as regular Shardblades, unless the Foxfire isn't strong enough to properly cut through it.
    While a weapon imbued with Foxfire can cut through most inanimate objects just as easily as a Shardblade can, certain tough enough objects/materials (thick rock, high-quality armour) are capable of resisting and blocking the weapon, though it does damage them. It also doesn't have the strength to properly cut through someone's soul, and instead disrupts it, temporarily paralysing the limb (or the whole body, when cutting through the spine). The duration of this depends on how much Foxfire she puts into the cut, as well as the amount of Innate Investure someone has, averaging at about an hour. While the effect is active Foxfire will be visible along the cut. Investure-based healing can quickly get rid of this effect for much less Investure than it would cost to restore Shardblade cuts, or even severed limbs.
    When she's burning her Innate Investure the power of her Foxfire gets boosted significantly. Projected Foxfire becomes actually useful and can burn things away at a distance, though still taking a few seconds, depending on the amount used. Weapons with Foxfire imbued in them will do much greater damage when cutting and stabbing things, with the damage spreading outwards similar to what Nightblood does, though the actual level of power is a fair bit lower, with the effect normally extending out for about 25 centimetres.
    She can also control if a flame burns a specific thing or not, though this takes focus.
    Any Investure burned away by the flames can be used to fuel her own abilities, though some power gets lost during the absorption.
  • Improved physical abilities:
    She can surround herself with her flame to improve her own physical abilities, though this flame isn't capable of destroying Investure like her Foxfire is, though if she wants to she can use it to burn up part of her own Innate Investure, which can drastically boost her powers for a bit, but with the down-side of long-term damage or even death.
    This boost behaves in the same way as stormlight does for a Surgebinder, enhancing her speed and granting her a healing factor. This healing factor also allows her to regenerate her Innate Investure, as long as she has some left and isn't currently burning it, but this takes a long time, even with external sources available, especially since burning away her Innate Investure significantly weakens her abilities afterwards until it is restored again (degree of weakness depends on how much was burned away).
    Normally the degree of enhancement is roughly the same as with Surgebinders, but if she wants to she can decrease the boost to save power for using her Foxfire, or for longer endurance, and she can also increase the boost in return for quicker energy consumption and lower efficiency (the lower efficiency creates a soft ceiling on her boost when she isn't burning her Innate Investure, with the ceiling being about 3 times the Stormlight boost, though efficiency issues at this point have her burning through Investure at somewhat ridiculous rates).
    Note that her healing has lower efficiency and speed than that of Surgebinders, so she tries to avoid taking damage whenever possible.
  • Barriers (This will get cut if the point count is too high):
    She can create flame-like barriers. These barriers are normally very weak though, with low energy efficiency, similar to projecting her Foxfire (they aren't even capable of fully blocking bullets, though they can slow them down or alter the course to lower the odds of fatal injuries, similar to a weak steel bubble). However, embedding it into something can increase the efficiency a lot. When she infuses it into something she can create a barrier in the path of the object, which then stays behind for a few seconds, or manifest the barrier on the surface of an object, though that requires her to constantly fuel it.
    She normally using this ability to create barriers in the wake of her sword to deflect ranged attacks, or on her shoes to create temporary barriers beneath her feet so she can jump in mid-air. She can't move barriers created through imbued objects.
    When burning her Innate Investure her barriers become much stronger, with even projected barrier flames being capable of withstanding explosions. She can also fire off barrier flames from imbued objects in this state, which allows her to perform ranged cuts.
  • Basic shapeshifting:
    She can hide her ears and tail, though they come out automatically when she uses her other powers.
  • Important Notes:
    She isn't actually capable of providing the energy for her abilities herself, and needs outside sources instead. She is capable of building up a small stockpile by absorbing Investure through food, but this is inefficient, and the stockpile while only let her use her abilities at normal level for less than a minute. To be able to use her abilities normally she needs to carry an external supply with her, such as Stormlight infused gems.
    Furthermore, any Investure she absorbs this way fades away after about 5 minutes, no matter how much it was, though she can burn through it faster than that, and when she absorbs additional Investure it gets its own timer. This means she needs to carefully judge how much Investure she absorbs each time, to make sure she has enough power to deal with the situation, while avoiding burning through large amounts of her supply and wasting it. This also means she needs to take the time to take out the Stormlight gems she wants to use, and focus on them, since she can't select a specific amount while they're still in her purse/bag.

Equipment: A katana.

Skills: Intelligence, Smart (15), Melee combat training (Kendo), Average (35).

Epic Weakness: Killing people. (Letting people die through inaction doesn't trigger this. Thinking she has killed someone but being wrong does trigger it. Killing someone by accident weakens her, but doesn't leave her completely powerless.)

Weaknesses: Slow at coming to trust people, and often expects the worst of them. Has a tendency of extending fights if she considers the other side evil in the hopes of making them suffer more, but this can leave her open to running out of power, or letting the other side escape.

Personality: Hides her feelings when around people she doesn't trust, which are most of them. Tends to be very serious, and can be quite cruel to those she judges evil, and while she can revise that judgement based on circumstances, she is slow to do so, and isn't actually always interested in doing so, being more interested in hurting someone and making herself feel better than actual justice. Often needs KanMien's help to remind her to slow down a little, and to get her to trust someone. Tends to focus more on punishing people than helping people.
Is uncertain how she feels about her ears and tail.

Relations: Parents died when she was younger. Later taken in by KoTiel and KanMien. Currently lives with KanMien, who she is in a relationship with.

History: When she was younger her parents were killed when someone robbed their house, and she ended up killing the robber in self-defence, the event traumatizing her, especially the feeling of killing people. When she was 15 Calamity appeared, and soon after developing her own powers she accidentally ended up world-hopping, where she was found by KoTiel and KanMien, who took her in, at which point she also found out that readably available Investure (often in the form of metalminds KanMien filled) made her powers much more useful. She spent a few years traveling with them, eventually ending up in a relationship with KanMien, while coming to see KoTiel as an adoptive parent. At some point they started living in the Alleycity, and when KoTiel decided to keep travelling KanMien and Kumiko instead decided to stay, eventually joining TUBA.

Theme song(s): Nana Mizuki - Zettō Ame no Habakiri, Audiopizza - Daughter of the Flame

KanMien:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: KanMien

Species: Kandra

Investure: Iron Feruchemy Blessings. Decay and flawed creation methods lowered the efficiency to about 85% for both storing and tapping. Furthermore, improper construction makes them flawed as Blessings, making it easier for emotional Allomancy to control her.

Appearance: She uses a true body of about 5'4'' tall, and has long, dark-brown hair. When expecting combat she normally wears a business suit covering a bullet-resistant soft vest (can stop small calibre handgun bullets and shrapnel, but not much else). Otherwise she tends to go with a more casual shirt and jeans, the look somewhat ruined by the two revolvers she tends to have on her.

Equipment: Polymer skeleton coated in iron. Two heavy-calibre revolvers (roughly similar to a .44 Magnum) made from a aluminium-alloy (the lower weight causes recoil issues, and requires her to be tapping iron while firing, while the lower suitability of the aluminium-alloy means they need more maintenance. ). Also owns a large aluminium-alloy rifle, similarly chambered for large-calibre bullets.

Skills: Intelligence, Smart (15), Projectile weapon training, Average (45).

Weaknesses:

• Flawed blessings make it easier for emotional allomancy to control her, and she has developed the instinctive reaction to forcefully knock herself out if she feels strong amounts of emotional allomancy aimed at her.
  • While a decent strategist she has a habit of simply rushing into things, relying on her healing and Kumiko's support to deal with things.
  • Her young age means she has little experience with shapeshifting, with appearance changes taking a long time, and being incapable of imitating people (courtesy of KoTiel training her). Her ability at healing herself is decent, but somewhat underwhelming compared to Investure-based healing, or the healing rates some of the more skilled Kandra are capable of.
  • The recoil on her guns require her to be tapping iron while firing, since otherwise the recoil will be way to high, and can even break her arms if she isn't careful (especially because she's stupid enough to dual-wield .44 revolvers made out of metal that's way too light).

Personality: Easy-going with a lot of self-confidence, can sometimes come across as a bit cocky. Can be a bit immature at times. Hates losing. Really dislikes Hemalurgy, including her own spikes. Dislikes innocent people getting hurt, and tries to avoid collateral damage, but has no issue killing opponents. Sometimes falls into the role of having to reign in Kumiko though whenever she's taking things too far, and dislikes causing unnecessary suffering to people she's fighting, unless they really ticked her off (Hemalurgists and those controlling constructs using emotional allomancy).
Tends to joke that as a Kandra she's legally obliged to dislike people with emotional allomancy.
Feels most of the older Kandra she's met are kind of stuffy and boring, or overly serious, though she has expressed an interesting in meeting MeLaan after hearing stories about her.

Relations: Considers KoTiel to be a parent figure to them. Currently in a relationship with Kumiko.

History: Created by a group of rogue Hemalurgists, she spent the first year of her life with them, though she doesn't remember much of this, aside from the fact that she didn't like it much. After a year KoTiel found the place though, and ended up dealing with the Hemalurgists, saving KanMien and taking her in, raising her and taking her with them across the Cosmere, and even on a few trips to an earth, where she got her current skeleton. After about a decade they came across Kumiko during their travels, and took her in as well, since she didn't have anywhere to go or any knowledge about the world she was on. After a while Kumiko and KanMien ended up in a relationship, and they ended up living together in the Alleycity, and when KoTiel ended up leaving to continue traveling they ended up staying behind, joining TUBA.

Theme song(s): Sons of Amon - God Mode

@Voidus, since Epic.

@Voidus

@Archer @Voidus and whomever else is a moderator.

Spoiler

Name: Nimbre Projeck

Physical Characteristics: A returned. Drab looking, glowing orange eyes, 5 foot 11, bit on the thinner side. Hair grows on his nose (botched forgery, read down below). 20

Investiture: Forged Personality to be a Twinborn. Allomantic- Copper (Hides Allomantic Pulses). Feruchemical- Chromium (Fortune). 

Skills: Is average at using his knife and average at martial arts.

Equipment: Aviar- Streamer(hides the mind), Silver knife from Silverlight

Weakness: Loses all memories if the Forgery is removed, gains memories that he had when he had the Forgery (not the memories from when losing the other memories. This can create a dual personality but Nimbre has not explored it at all. If he removes his Forgery he loses all memory. Relies on ingesting investiture such as Breaths or Stormlight, if a week goes by without ingesting investiture then Nimbre will die. Also when storing Fortune, Nimbre is very unlucky.

Family: Unknown

Home Planet: Silverlight/ Nalthis

Backstory: Before Nimre was born a group of cosmere aware scholars worked on finding a way to create a whole new person with abilities from different planets, they began fabricating a whole life for a “lucky” person somewhere in the cosmere. This took several long years for hard work by many contributors in Silverlight. At this point in time they started to consider how ethical it was to take a normal human being and give him/her a personality, they eventually settled on either giving this personality to a newly born Returned or a Lifeless, they eventually settled on the newly born returned. They figured that they would try again if the Returned did not work. As soon as they finished they began searching Nalthis for a Returned baby. They eventually found Nimbre. He was brought in and they decided that the safest spot to put the seal was on the bottom of his heel. Personality wasn’t given to him, that was left for him to let naturally develop, the rest though, was fabricated. He took to one of the scientists in Silverlight, an older woman who cared for him. Eventually once he turned 20 he stopped aging and he decided to make his way to the Allyverse.

Guild: Undetermined

Psyche: Wishes to be treated like everyone else.

Personality: Headstrong- wants to always be trusted even when there is reason for him not to be. Also hates to be told what to believe. Loves deserts (since he can’t get overweight), loves to be included except when he’s being told what he should believe.

Appearance: Clean cut- regularly shaves his nose (wants to be included). 20, 5-11, Black hair, almost grey skin (messed up Forgery). 

Theme Song: Once I Was 7 Years Old?

Fighting Style:Martial Arts/ Knife fighting technique.

Anyone feel free to comment of this/ make suggestions. What works, what doesn't, does it need to be trashed? Hopefully my first character might work out...

Also suggested guilds? Also is there a list? Also, should I save this character for Era 5/ when does Era 5 start.

Edited by Karnage

1 hour ago, Karnage said:

Also, should I save this character for Era 5/ when does Era 5 start.

I think the set date for E5 starting is the 15th. 

Also suggested guilds?

Definitely wait to make that choice until the Era 5 stuff settles how the guilds will change. 

On 1.5.2020 at 6:33 AM, Invocation said:

I forgot one thing about my next era characters. Lance is coming in (post-Scadrial Thread stuff, and I'm rotating Eos out for a little while. She'll be back eventually, but I can't think of an actual use for her this Era.

Approved! I'm looking forward to see more of Lance!

=============

On 2.5.2020 at 2:23 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Yes, she can only heal and move objects that are under twenty five or so pounds. She doesn't know any other weaves and isn't looking for a teacher, so she's unlikely to learn more, even accidentally. 

Thank you! I'll add her to the character list.

===================

5 hours ago, Karnage said:

Anyone feel free to comment of this/ make suggestions. What works, what doesn't, does it need to be trashed? Hopefully my first character might work out...

Hello and welcome to the Alleyverse!

I added my rating of your character in green (see spoiler tag below). At first, thumbs up for the sheet! For a new character, you gave it a lot of thought, added some weaknesses and all that! All in all they end up a little too strong, with the Returned, the Twinborn and the Aviar. I would advise you to add another weakness and to maybe leave the Aviar away. The streamer doesn't add that much, when you are already able to use copper, and that (depending on the wekaness) could get him within limits.

If you have any questions, or need more detailed advice just tell me, I'm always happy to help!

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: A returned. (55) Drab looking, glowing orange eyes, 5 foot 11, bit on the thinner side. Hair grows on his nose (botched forgery, read down below). 20

Investiture: Forged Personality to be a Twinborn. Allomantic- Copper (Hides Allomantic Pulses) (35). Feruchemical- Chromium (Fortune) (50)

Skills: Is average at using his knife (35) and average at martial arts (20).

Equipment: Aviar- Streamer(hides the mind) (30), Silver knife from Silverlight

Weakness: Loses all memories if the Forgery is removed, gains memories that he had when he had the Forgery (not the memories from when losing the other memories. This can create a dual personality but Nimbre has not explored it at all. (-15) If he removes his Forgery he loses all memory. Relies on ingesting investiture such as Breaths or Stormlight, if a week goes by without ingesting investiture then Nimbre will die. (Points calculated in Returned in general) Also when storing Fortune, Nimbre is very unlucky. (usual effects of storing an attribute)

Skills: 35 + 20 = 55

Investiture: 55 + 35 + 50 = 140

Equipment: 30

Weaknesses: -15

Total: 55 + 140 + 30 -15 = 225 - 15 = 210

5 hours ago, Karnage said:

Also suggested guilds? Also is there a list? Also, should I save this character for Era 5/ when does Era 5 start.

At the moment we have four guilds that are the most active. The DA (Dark Alley // experiments with hemalurgy (and more)), TUBA (basically the DA's rivals), the Ghostbloods (nothing to explain here), and The Scholar's Guild (name explains it). As Invo wrote above, the guilds will change their purpose a little next era, so I agree, that maybe waiting with joining a guild and simply seeing which possibilities there are in RP might be best. Otherwise, if you have a tendency you would like to go, you can always contact those in the guild upfront. They can also explain the changes in details, and give more information about the guild in general.

Edited by Sorana

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: A Lifeless. Drab looking, glowing orange eyes, 5 foot 11, bit on the thinner side. Hair grows on his nose (botched forgery, read down below). 20

Investiture: Forged Personality to be a Twinborn. Allomantic- Copper (Hides Allomantic Pulses). Feruchemical- Chromium (Fortune). 

Skills: Is average at using his knife and average at martial arts.

Equipment: Silver knife from Silverlight

Weakness: Loses all memories if the Forgery is removed, gains memories that he had when he had the Forgery (not the memories from when losing the other memories. This can create a dual personality but Nimbre has not explored it at all. If he removes his Forgery he loses all memory. Also when storing Fortune, Nimbre is very unlucky. Nimbre was given access to his own Commands, the only other person who knows them is the caring scientist in Silverlight. If someone finds out what his Command codes are they will be able to control his actions.

Backstory: Before Nimre was born a group of cosmere aware scholars worked on finding a way to create a whole new person with abilities from different planets, they began fabricating a whole life for a “lucky” person somewhere in the cosmere. This took several long years for hard work by many contributors in Silverlight. At this point in time they started to consider how ethical it was to take a normal human being and give him/her a personality, they eventually settled on either giving this personality to a newly born Returned or a Lifeless, they eventually settled on the newly born returned. They figured that they would try again if the Returned did not work. As soon as they finished they began searching Nalthis for a Returned baby. They eventually found Nimbre. He was brought in and they decided that the safest spot to put the seal was on the bottom of his heel. Personality wasn’t given to him, that was left for him to let naturally develop, the rest though, was fabricated. He took to one of the scientists in Silverlight, an older woman who cared for him. Eventually once he turned 20 he stopped aging and he decided to make his way to the Allyverse.

Guild: Undetermined

Psyche: Wishes to be treated like everyone else.

Personality: Headstrong- wants to always be trusted even when there is reason for him not to be. Also hates to be told what to believe. Loves deserts (since he can’t get overweight), loves to be included except when he’s being told what he should believe.

Appearance: Clean cut- regularly shaves his nose (wants to be included). 20, 5-11, Black hair, almost grey skin (messed up Forgery). 

Theme Song: Once I Was 7 Years Old?

Fighting Style:Martial Arts/ Knife fighting technique.

How does this look now? Since I changed it so he is a lifeless can I bring back the Aviar or would it be best just to leave it off. Also since Aviar hasn't been explored very well in Brandon's books have people been making their own powers for Aviar? @Sorana

Also how active is the Allyverse usually, now that this is at the end of an era I get that things might be even more active or less active.

Edited by Karnage

How does this look now? Since I changed it so he is a lifeless can I bring back the Aviar or would it be best just to leave it off. Also since Aviar hasn't been explored very well in Brandon's books have people been making their own powers for Aviar?

I can approve him like that. He is still a little over the point cap, but as the Aviar and the A-Copper go in a similiar direction, he is fine.

Regarding the Aviar: The Aviar that we know off so far, had similiar effects as some allomantic abilities. Therefore we usually base them on them, but there haven't been that many Aviar so far in the rp. As you mentioned that your Aviar is a Streamer, I rated his abilities, based on this coppermin article: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Mirris

Regarding your other question: I will move to the Chat Thread to avoid spamming this thread with non-character stuff.

I'd like to resubmit my character of Aln for the next Era, please. I haven't really changed anything about her abilities, but there have been some alterations to her backstory.

Spoiler

Name: Alanis Sheneth (Goes by Aln)

Physical Characteristics: Aln is short, reaching only 5’1”, and has a slight build. She’s 26 years old. She has short, slightly curly brown hair, and brown eyes. Her clothing is neat and practical, usually accented by a long coat full of pockets.

Investiture: Aln is a Truthwatcher of the 2nd Oath who has long struggled with swearing her 3rd. Her spren, Pel, is encouraging but very quiet.

1st Oath: Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.

2nd Oath: I will seek knowledge wherever it can be found.

She has also visited the Nightwatcher [see weakness].

Skills: She has a genius level intellect, and is an expert scholar. Her particular areas of expertise include Investiture and the history of the Cosmere, but she's generally studied anything that she can get her hands on. She has no combat training, and will avoid fighting.

Equipment: She carries a leather satchel which contains whichever books from her library that she deemed pertinent to the situation, as well as her own notes. She also carries several spanreeds that connect her to her guild, and makes sure to have a few infused spheres at all times. She owns a small dagger, a gift from her brother, but will usually leave it at home.

Weakness: Aln is completely deaf. However, she has a Nightwatcher boon that essentially puts captions on life. If she has a clear view of someone speaking, she sees what they're saying as illusory words floating in the air. This boon comes with a bane that directly affects it; the more familiar she is with a person, the weaker her Investiture becomes around them. This includes both her Knight Radiant abilities and her Nightwatcher boon.

Family: Aln has two siblings in the Alleyverse: a younger sister, Temeria (roleplayed by Sorana) and an older brother, Torenat (NPC). Her parents are alive on Roshar, but she's not on very good terms with them.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Aln was born to a darkeyed family of the second nahn in the Thanadal princedom. Though not actively cruel, her mother kept her isolated throughout her childhood, leaving her to study alone in the nearby ardentia. The only person who made any effort to connect to her was her older brother Torenat. He would sneak out to the ardentia when their mother wasn't watching, and she gradually taught him to read and write. When Aln was 16 and Torenat 18, their mother finally discovered the subterfuge, and was furious at Torenat for defying the ighteyed ideals of masculinism. She enlisted Torenat in the army, where he was shipped off to the Shattered Plains. It was during this period of time that Aln, completely alone, began to discover her abilities as a Knight Radiant. After a couple months, she swore the 1st oath and began to make plans to escape and reunite with her brother. However, before she could put this into action, her parents discovered her new abilities. Frightened, they contacted the Vorin church, and Aln was forced to flee with nothing except some stolen spheres.

She reunited with Torenat after weeks of harrowing travel, and he told her of the Nightwatcher. Together, they journeyed to meet her, and Aln was granted the boon/bane pair described above. Aln felt liberated, but Torenat was called back to the Shattered Plains, and she accompanied him. There, he was reassigned to the front lines, and he received a bad injury that left him barely able to walk. He was deemed unfit for duty, and when Aln discovered the Alleyverse, she convinced him to accompany her to the city. Torenat was finally able to pursue fabrial creation, and eventually started a small business. Though Aln did a lot of travelling throughout the Cosmere, she spent much of her time settling down in the Alleyverse, actually making friends and spending time with her brother. It was during the early part travels that she swore the 2nd Oath, but she struggled with the 3rd for the next 9 years. She founded the Scholar's Guild as a place for other scholars to share their research, as the name suggests.

Guild: She leads the Scholar's Guild.

Psyche: She struggles with anxiety and self-doubt, and doesn't consider herself to be very brave. She's very introverted.

Personality: Aln is very practical and logically-minded, although this is tempered by the fact that she's rather idealistic and compassionate. She's prone to getting lost in thought, and has a bit of a stubborn streak.

I'm going to ping @Sorana as politely as I can, as it's possible that the change I've made to Aln's backstory could affect Temeria. Obviously it doesn't have to if you don't want, but it would change how Aln interacts with her. 

I haven't really made any changes to the Scholar's Guild, except for the fact that the building is a bit bigger and includes some rooms for the members. Please let me know if anything on the character sheet needs to be adjusted. Thanks!