Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

So this person is a Steel Compounder? I believe we are currently not allowing Compounders for metals like Steel for balance reasons. Like Kenod said, I'd check out the index to figure out which investiture Zephyr has. Your character can have up to 100 points in Investiture and 50 points in skills (though Investiture points can be applied to skills).

Welcome!

I mean, it isn't the person doing it being caught, it's the police trying to present evidence gathered without a warrant, which any competent lawyer could find out about fairly quickly.

Just now, 18th Shard said:

So this person is a Steel Compounder? I believe we are currently not allowing Compounders for metals like Steel for balance reasons. Like Kenod said, I'd check out the index to figure out which investiture Zephyr has. Your character can have up to 100 points in Investiture and 50 points in skills (though Investiture points can be applied to skills).

Welcome!

Steel compounders are allowed, it's just that the number of weaknesses you'd need to have would put a lot of restrictions on the character, which might make them somewhat difficult to rp.

No, it's fine. Just being a Coinshot works best anyways. And true, the more I think of that, the less sense it makes about the informant thing. Any alternate suggestions for a background? (Sorry, it's my first time doing anything like this)

1 hour ago, Soulbinder said:

No, it's fine. Just being a Coinshot works best anyways. And true, the more I think of that, the less sense it makes about the informant thing. Any alternate suggestions for a background? (Sorry, it's my first time doing anything like this)

Depends on if you want anything specific in the background. Was the informant thing there for a specific reason, or just for flavour?

OK, so I only just noticed, in going to write my first Nnimm post, that I had neglected their physical description in my final updated sheet. So I promise this is the last time I'm going to do this for them, but here is the final, updated, for really real this time, sheet for the list. :)

Name: Nnimmani'um (double consonants are long consonants, if that makes sense, and the U is somewhere between bug and plume)

Physical Characteristics: Varies. Their coloration is red on black. Several trails of red cascade over their shoulders, drops and streaks of it drifting over the rest of their frame. Also varies. One thing that stays semi consistent are the distinctive red markings bracketing their eyes, though their specifics vary from form to form. In workform, they are gentle, rounded loops, in warform they are sharp triangular brackets, in nimbleform they are like the precise marks of some delicate script. In dullform they are just straight lines with a faint inward curve at their bottom tips.

Investiture: Singer born disconnected, picked up some knowledge of their existence after the Everstorm but the information is full of gaps. (20)

Skills: Handiwork (Survival Skills) (25) Experience as part of an information gathering network, which equates to spying experience. (Average Spying 20) Intelligent, but this varies. Average hand to hand. (20)

Equipment: two hemalurgic spikes (10), one stealing ferruchemical mental speed, (F-zinc 30) and one stealing allomantic tin. (A-tin 35) Zinc metalminds in the form of bracers, anklets and two rings, though these last are not usually seen. Vials of tin. Somewhat hydrophobic paints which match the colors of their complexion, will come off if scrubbed but won't run in rain unless it's torrential.

Weaknesses: is afraid of fire, will have debilitating flashbacks if reminded of it in the context in which their trauma happened. Isn't too afraid of candles, and is afraid of but not impaired by the presence of average firepit/fireplace sized fires. (-15) Has issues with emotional attachment, doesn't understand it in the context of their existence, and probably wouldn't recognize it unless it hit them with a metaphorical brick. (-5) An emotional allomancer could take advantage of their spikes (-10). Is overly magically sensitive compared to others of their kind, and has greater issues not blending with forms.

Family: A father, missing, presumed dead. A mother, missing since infancy, also presumed dead. There are probably half siblings given the circumstances.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Raised on Roshar in the looming shadow of the Everstorm's arrival, their mother had been sold to make the family that owned them some money, leaving only their father and an elderly female aside from the humans, the family and servants. At ten, the manor was destroyed, the lighteyes fled, and they were picked up by a group of worldhoppers interested in experimenting on some other intelligent creature than humans.

At the arrival of the Everstorm they were caged with roughly thirty other singers, a few almost too young for experimentation, at least two far too old, showing their lack of time to set their plans in motion. A few of them died attempting to resist, a few of them were rendered chemically or magically senseless to make operating on them easier, some of them went quietly, defeated and afraid. They were treated clinically and carefully; these people were intelligent enough to understand that unnecessary cruelty only damages your intended end result. They were interested in information for information's sake--at least, that was one of their motivations. They took them off planet for the time it took to go through with their experiments, they had no intention of drawing Odium's attention. A few that proved too young or too old were spiked for the ability to grow gemhearts. Most of the others died in operations designed to add traits or abilities to them. Three others managed to survive that they knew of. They were a sensory experiment, given a spike that granted them allomantic tin as well as one that increased their mental processing power. Their father's fate was unknown, if he survived they never saw him.

They were eventually taken out, under supervision, to see the world they had been taken from. Sometimes stealthily, sometimes in disguise, they observed some of both the human and Singer armies from afar, occasionally saw Radiants in action, and once swore they'd seen one of their own using Stormlight. They were given a choice: Stay on Roshar, and fend for themselves, carving out their own path, or go with them. Go and see the universe, bound as part of a system, another purpose.

They chose the former, melting into the background, most often wearing workform. Listening and waiting, the only thing that had served them well so far. They met a few others like them--not experiments, but people lying low, unwilling to trust the too good to be true system that suddenly presented itself to their species, unwilling to trust humanity, remnants of another time and a lost people, or any combination of the above. These people taught them how to move quietly, how to disappear, how to pay attention, how to read through information and between lines.

Terrible magical conflict in one of the places a group they blended into had gone made reality thin, fragile, worn through in spots like threadbare cloth. One night, as they prepared to melt into the background again, disappear and find somewhere else to "pay attention" as they were calling it (it's accurate, just not complete), they stepped into a cooler patch, a spot where the senses gently fuzzed around the edges, where the shadows were thicker. By then, it was already too late to turn back, but they didn't know. Turning around and retracing their steps only led them deeper into the threadbare spot. One foot slipped off the ground and gently, soundlessly, they tumbled through space, through worlds, through the walls of reality made rundown by people who didnt understand just how far the ramifications of their actions extended. And finally came to rest haphazardly, lying half on their side, dazed in the cool dimness behind a nameless building in a city that exists between, outside of, maybe too far inside of, time and space. They managed to pick themselves up before anyone appeared and now wander around, looking for somewhere to go and exercising every trick they know of to fade into the background when vulnerable.

Guild: unaffiliated

Psyche: somewhat emotionally unstable, but this isn't as apparent sometimes as it would be in a human. Friendly on the surface, but doesn't open up easily. Cynical, but not often dangerously or bitterly so.

Personality: Gentle and generous, slow to anger but once angry they are the slow, cold, implacable kind of angry. Too stubborn for their own good--more dig your heels in and reinforce the perimeter stubborn than shout and puff up stubborn. Discreet and attentive. Could sometimes be perceived as callous due to their lack of experience with emotional connection.

Theme Song: tentatively Blanco White - On the Other Side

Fighting Style: They can defend themself if they need to, using a hand to hand method that utilizes quick, disabling strikes so they can get away. The fact that they're a little faster and a fair bit stronger than humans has helped, but not much in environments full of magical people.

Spoiler

Name: John Smith

Investiture: copper compounder

Skills: Genius, average hand to hand combatant.

Weakness: Will fall into catatonic stupor if he stops compounding, will go to ridiculous lengths to gain information he is interested in, cannot resist bad puns, is addicted to coffee.

Equipment: Metalminds piercing the skin, copper vials.

Family: None

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: He was an informant and found out his memry improved while holding his lucky clip. Once he figured out he was a copper compounder he made it his quest to collect all the knowledge in the world. Using his constant compounding he quickly became cosmere aware and he traveled to Alleycty to continue his research.

Guild: TUBA

Personality: chronically cheerful

Appearance Brown hair and eyes, 1.7m tall.

Fighting Style: Isn't really the fighting type, but when he fights he uses his undestanding of fighting technique and angles to dodge attacks, targets nerve centers and tries to remain non-lethal.

Could someone approve this for me? I'm pretty sure it's inside the point limits.

Edited by The_Archivist

Spoiler

Investiture: copper compounder (100)

Skills: Genius (45), average hand to hand combatant (20).

Weakness: Will fall into catatonic stupor (-15) if he stops compounding, will go to ridiculous lengths to gain information he is interested in, cannot resist bad puns, is addicted to coffee.

Equipment: Metalminds piercing the skin (5), copper vials.

Backstory: He was an informant and found out his memory improved while holding his lucky clip. Once he figured out he was a copper compounder he made it his quest to collect all the knowledge in the world. Using his constant compounding he quickly became cosmere aware and he traveled to Alleycity to continue his research.

Fighting Style: Isn't really the fighting type, but when he fights he uses his undestanding of fighting technique and angles to dodge attacks, targets nerve centers and tries to remain non-lethal.

Total Points: 155

@The_Archivist your a tiny bit above point limit I recommend you try to edit your character so that they go below it

15 minutes ago, Tana'kai_humaka'aban said:
  Hide contents

Skills: Genius (45), average hand to hand combatant (20).

Weakness: Will fall into catatonic stupor (-15) if he stops compounding, will go to ridiculous lengths to gain information he is interested in, cannot resist bad puns, is addicted to coffee.

Equipment: Metalminds piercing the skin (5), copper vials.

Backstory: He was an informant and found out his memory improved while holding his lucky clip. Once he figured out he was a copper compounder he made it his quest to collect all the knowledge in the world. Using his constant compounding he quickly became cosmere aware and he traveled to Alleycity to continue his research.

Total Points: 155

@The_Archivist your a tiny bit above point limit I recommend you try to edit your character so that they go below it

Normally the mods rate the characters ;) 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, Soulbinder said:

Um... ok... I'd like to join? 

Name: Zephyr

Physical Characteristics: Small eighteen year old girl, with long curly hair such a pale brown it's almost white, blue-violet eyes. 

Investiture: Coinshot 

Skills: Can play flute decently, is an amateur acrobat. Is a skilled cook, specialty is desserts (I guess I have a theme going)

Equipment: A pair of daggers, wooden flute, 50 muffin pack to-go

Weakness: Cannot resist the allure of muffins no matter what, addicted to danger and sugar. Turns into a useless blob if daily sugar requirement is not met.

Family: Was orphaned at a very young age. No known family members.

Home Planet: Prefers to wander, but native to Scadrial.

Backstory: Extremely interested in different regions’ cuisines, Zephyr travelled the Alleyverse to learn as much as she could. Finally, she decided she might settle down and maybe try to open a restaurant. 

Guild: Trying to join TUBA.

Psyche: Spunky and bright, but occasionally goes into a sugar zombie mode in which nothing but sugar holds value.

Personality: Friendly and warm, and an absolutely loyal friend, unless it's you or the muffins.

Fighting Style: Refuses to fight unless snacks are provided. Not very suited to combat, gets nervous and doesn’t like hurting people.

Okay, fixed problems hopefully.

Thanks for the tag @mathiau!

@The_Archivist

Spoiler

Skills: Genius (45), average hand to hand combatant. (20)

Weakness: Will fall into catatonic stupor if he stops compounding, (-10) will go to ridiculous lengths to gain information he is interested in,(-10) cannot resist bad puns, is addicted to coffee.

Equipment: Metalminds piercing the skin, copper vials.

Backstory: He was an informant and found out his memry improved while holding his lucky clip. Once he figured out he was a copper compounder he made it his quest to collect all the knowledge in the world. Using his constant compounding he quickly became cosmere aware and he traveled to Alleycty to continue his research.

Rating see above in green, Character is approved.

@Soulbinder

Spoiler

Name: Zephyr

Physical Characteristics: Small eighteen year old girl, with long curly hair such a pale brown it's almost white, blue-violet eyes. 

Investiture: Coinshot (45)

Skills: Can play flute decently, is an amateur acrobat. (5) Is a skilled cook, specialty is desserts (25) (I guess I have a theme going)

Equipment: A pair of daggers, wooden flute, 50 muffin pack to-go

Weakness: Cannot resist the allure of muffins no matter what, addicted to danger and sugar. Turns into a useless blob if daily sugar requirement is not met.

Family: Was orphaned at a very young age. No known family members.

Home Planet: Prefers to wander, but native to Scadrial.

Backstory: Extremely interested in different regions’ cuisines, Zephyr travelled the Alleyverse to learn as much as she could. Finally, she decided she might settle down and maybe try to open a restaurant. 

Guild: Trying to join TUBA.

Psyche: Spunky and bright, but occasionally goes into a sugar zombie mode in which nothing but sugar holds value.

Personality: Friendly and warm, and an absolutely loyal friend, unless it's you or the muffins.

Fighting Style: Refuses to fight unless snacks are provided. Not very suited to combat, gets nervous and doesn’t like hurting people.

Rating see above in green, character is approved.

@SingingMosaic

I updated you character sheet.

If I missed one of the characters to rate, please tag me again, and in that case, I'm sorry!

Edited by Sorana

Spoiler

Name: Deadspot

Physical Characteristics: Deadspot is a fairly tall dark-skinned woman with piercing blue eyes. She's fit in a wiry way. 

Investiture: Epic
  Main ability: Life drain - She can drain plants, animals, and people in line-of-sight of their life to heal herself and keep herself youthful. Theoretically possible for her to drain someone completely, but that's hard to do without permission. 
  Secondary abilities: Flight (no great speed and a little wobbly)

Skills: Botany, Expert

Equipment: Titanium trowel

Weakness: Octopi

Family: Killed in Calamity's first rise as her sister gained first-wave Epic abilities. 

Home Planet: Post-Calamity Reckoner's Earth

Backstory: After Calamity fell, a new wave of Epics came, Deadspot among them. She'd been hiding out atop a mountain, having built a greenhouse to care for plants in a snowy, hostile environment. Once she gained her powers, she moved her setup to the base of the mountain and became something of a stop-off point for people who wanted medicine faster than they could get it in from non-herbal sources. 

Guild: None

Personality: Driven. She doesn't want to fall back to the depression she wandered in after Calamity's first rise, so she substitutes it with an overload of work, between growing her plants and taking care of everything else. 

Theme Song: Bastille - Pompeii

Fighting Style: She fights with a trowel, when she has to fight at all, but tries to avoid doing so.

Woohoo! New character! Needs to be scored, and as she's an Epic, I'll probably need to to do this: @Voidus

wow two epic characters in a row @Voidus but I won't tag you because you were just tagged

Spoiler

Name: Arkaitz (“tz” makes a sibilant “ts” in Basque) Ducharme. His Epic name was Sorgin.

Physical Characteristics: He changes his body and appearance to match his outfits, but he usually stays pretty lean and around 178 cm in height, with his only truly consistent feature being his glowing lavender eyes.

Epic Powers: Whenever he wishes, which is most of the time, he is the single most attractive person alive regardless of his appearance, clothing, or other features. He can also change his body shape, facial structure, skin color, and hair color. However, he cannot change the color of his eyes. His final power is regeneration, theoretically on par with that of Limelight.

Skills: He is a trained acrobat, decent fighter, and decent cook. He also speaks French and Basque perfectly, and English with an incredibly mild accent.

Equipment: Usually just the expensive clothes on his back and some form of weapon, like a handgun or knife.

Epic Weakness: The flower of Carlina acaulis, the wild thistle. He must know the flower is present for it to function.

Other Weaknesses: While he does possess an incredible healing ability, it is not without its drawbacks: It requires as much energy to heal something as if it healed naturally, and he must heal everything intentionally, not just waiting and letting things heal themselves. Also, he does not enjoy being rejected. At all. Seriously. He is quite used to getting what he wants.

Family: Arantxa (Mother, Basque), Maximilien (Father, French), assorted siblings.

Home Planet: Alternate Reckoners Earth (The one that had Invocation, not Calamity) 

Backstory: Arkaitz was born to a poor family living in the French countryside, and grew up as one of many hungry mouths that needed to be fed. As such, he wished for an escape, and when the cirque came to his town, he decided he would leave with them, starting his life as an acrobatic performer. Many years later, when Invocation rose in the sky, he began to gain strange new powers. He began to manipulate those around him, and eventually incurred the attention of a very powerful Epic, who, in an attempt to reduce competition, tried to teleport Sorgin to a dead universe, but instead sent him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Does not exist this Era, but will next Era.

Psyche: Unbelievably twisted.

Personality: He is a very manipulative and cruel person, but outwardly he seems kind and charismatic. Also, he is a very promiscuous person, with literally anyone.

Appearance: Again, it changes, but always unbelievably attractive.

Theme Song: “Putting on the Ritz” by Mel Tormé

Fighting StyleHe usually prefers to talk to people so he can get close and then slip a knife between their ribs or a gun under their chin.

It's been a while.
*Cracks knuckles*

Deadspot

Spoiler

Name: Deadspot

Physical Characteristics: Deadspot is a fairly tall dark-skinned woman with piercing blue eyes. She's fit in a wiry way. 

Investiture: Epic
  Main ability: Life drain - She can drain plants, animals, and people in line-of-sight of their life to heal herself and keep herself youthful. Theoretically possible for her to drain someone completely, but that's hard to do without permission. - Very difficult to accurately score without a lot of metrics that would be somewhat annoying to go through individually, so making an estimate off of that last sentence: 80 points
  Secondary abilities: Flight (no great speed and a little wobbly) - Depending on exact definitions of no-great speed (Assuming this is limited to biologically feasible flight speeds, so not jet-speed) 20 points

Skills: Botany, Expert - 40 points

Equipment: Titanium trowel

Weakness: Octopi - Nothing too easy to either guess or encounter so -0 here

Family: Killed in Calamity's first rise as her sister gained first-wave Epic abilities. 

Home Planet: Post-Calamity Reckoner's Earth

Backstory: After Calamity fell, a new wave of Epics came, Deadspot among them. She'd been hiding out atop a mountain, having built a greenhouse to care for plants in a snowy, hostile environment. Once she gained her powers, she moved her setup to the base of the mountain and became something of a stop-off point for people who wanted medicine faster than they could get it in from non-herbal sources. 

Guild: None

Personality: Driven. She doesn't want to fall back to the depression she wandered in after Calamity's first rise, so she substitutes it with an overload of work, between growing her plants and taking care of everything else. 

Theme Song: Bastille - Pompeii

Fighting Style: She fights with a trowel, when she has to fight at all, but tries to avoid doing so.

Total: 140 points, Approved. (Might be nice to add some other non-Epic weakness to the character though)
Sorgin

Spoiler

Name: Arkaitz (“tz” makes a sibilant “ts” in Basque) Ducharme. His Epic name was Sorgin.

Physical Characteristics: He changes his body and appearance to match his outfits, but he usually stays pretty lean and around 178 cm in height, with his only truly consistent feature being his glowing lavender eyes.

Epic Powers: Whenever he wishes, which is most of the time, he is the single most attractive person alive regardless of his appearance, clothing, or other features. He can also change his body shape, facial structure, skin color, and hair color. However, he cannot change the color of his eyes. His final power is regeneration, theoretically on par with that of Limelight. - This is actually relatively easy to scale as a Kandra analogue, putting this on the high end at 120 due to limelight-level healing.

Skills: He is a trained acrobat 25, decent fighter(May need some specifics, what kind of fighter?), and decent cook 15. He also speaks French and Basque perfectly, and English with an incredibly mild accent. Languages are a bit of a moot point in the AV, nothing extra here for the flavour.

Equipment: Usually just the expensive clothes on his back and some form of weapon, like a handgun or knife.

Epic Weakness: The flower of Carlina acaulis, the wild thistle. He must know the flower is present for it to function. Nothing extra for this one.

Other Weaknesses: While he does possess an incredible healing ability, it is not without its drawbacks: It requires as much energy to heal something as if it healed naturally, and he must heal everything intentionally, not just waiting and letting things heal themselves. Also, he does not enjoy being rejected. At all. Seriously. He is quite used to getting what he wants. -30 healing drawbacks. -10 personality flaw.

Family: Arantxa (Mother, Basque), Maximilien (Father, French), assorted siblings.

Home Planet: Alternate Reckoners Earth (The one that had Invocation, not Calamity) 

Backstory: Arkaitz was born to a poor family living in the French countryside, and grew up as one of many hungry mouths that needed to be fed. As such, he wished for an escape, and when the cirque came to his town, he decided he would leave with them, starting his life as an acrobatic performer. Many years later, when Invocation rose in the sky, he began to gain strange new powers. He began to manipulate those around him, and eventually incurred the attention of a very powerful Epic, who, in an attempt to reduce competition, tried to teleport Sorgin to a dead universe, but instead sent him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Does not exist this Era, but will next Era.

Psyche: Unbelievably twisted.

Personality: He is a very manipulative and cruel person, but outwardly he seems kind and charismatic. Also, he is a very promiscuous person, with literally anyone.

Appearance: Again, it changes, but always unbelievably attractive.

Theme Song: “Putting on the Ritz” by Mel Tormé

Fighting StyleHe usually prefers to talk to people so he can get close and then slip a knife between their ribs or a gun under their chin.

Total: 120 + ?? (Fighting)
Gonna be cutting it close here, could be average - skilled as a fighter in one form of combat but probably not proficient in multiple. So would need to decide on melee weapons, unarmed or projectile weapons.

revision time here you go @Voidus

Spoiler

Name: Arkaitz (“tz” makes a sibilant “ts” in Basque) Ducharme. His Epic name was Sorgin.

Physical Characteristics: He changes his body and appearance to match his outfits, but he usually stays pretty lean and around 178 cm in height, with his only truly consistent feature being his glowing lavender eyes.

Epic Powers: Whenever he wishes, which is most of the time, he is the single most attractive person alive regardless of his appearance, clothing, or other features. He can also change his body shape, facial structure, skin color, hair color, etc. However, he cannot change the color of his eyes. His final power is regeneration, theoretically on par with that of Limelight. 

Skills: He is a professional acrobat, skilled chef, and a decent shot. He also speaks French and Basque perfectly, and English with an incredibly mild accent. 

Equipment: Usually just the expensive clothes on his back and some form of weapon, like a handgun or knife.

Epic Weakness: The flower of Carlina acaulis, the wild thistle. He must know the flower is present for it to function, and it must be intact.

Other Weaknesses: While he does possess an incredible healing ability, it is not perfect: he must heal everything intentionally, not just waiting and letting things heal themselves, and he must know how they would heal (cuts and stab wounds are easy, but things like a penetrated lung are more difficult). Also, he does not enjoy being rejected. At all. Seriously. He is quite used to getting what he wants. 

Family: Arantxa (Mother, Basque), Maximilien (Father, French), assorted siblings.

Home Planet: Alternate Reckoners Earth (The one that had Invocation, not Calamity) 

Backstory: Arkaitz was born to a poor family living in the French countryside, and grew up as one of many hungry mouths that needed to be fed. As such, he wished for an escape, and when the cirque came to his town, he decided he would leave with them, starting his life as an acrobatic performer. Many years later, when Invocation rose in the sky, he began to gain strange new powers. He began to manipulate those around him, and eventually incurred the attention of a very powerful Epic, who, in an attempt to reduce competition, tried to teleport Sorgin to a dead universe, but instead sent him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Does not exist this Era, but will next Era.

Psyche: Unbelievably twisted.

Personality: He is a very manipulative and cruel person, but outwardly he seems kind and charismatic. Also, he is a very promiscuous person, with literally anyone.

Appearance: Again, it changes, but always unbelievably attractive.

Theme Song: “Putting on the Ritz” by Mel Tormé

Name: Lina Doomseeker

Physical Characteristics: Tall, shoulder length-ish frizzy light brown hair that covers her left eye (hides a scar), hazel eyes, dark shadows under her eyes, olive skin, big feet. She's about thirty.

Skills:  Trained for 7 years in woodcarving, 5 months in healing, and about 2 years training to use knives in melee combat, soother

Equipment: Two knives on her belt (one of them's a carving knife), and one in her boot 

Weakness: hates the sight of blood, freezes up quite a bit when she sees a lot of it (-10), when she gets super self-concious, her movements get rigid and she tends to ramble easier (-5), gets stuck in her head easily (-5)

Family: A five-year-old that she accidentally 'adopted' off the streets who calls herself Cuba.

Backstory: She was a little bit ignored as a child, so she got out of her home as soon as she turned 18 but it did mean her parents didn't notice when she was taking classes on knife use for two years, started learning woodcarving from her uncle to have a decent flow of income when she left, gave a little girl on the streets a couple boxings and a slice of bread, and then the girl started following her around, and she just couldn't get rid of the kid, so she just went with it. Realized belatedly that she had no clue about how to take care of a small child, so she's doing her best, but if she messes up, don't judge her. Also learned healing at that point, because this is a little kid that she has to take care of, she better know how to take care of her.  Anyway, she was wandering around with Cuba when she ended up in the Alleyverse. she was definitely confused, but she just went with it. 

Guild: Unaffiliated as of now, has her eye on a guild

Psyche: Generally mostly good natured and happy, kind of stern, but gets self conscious fairly regularly. 

Fighting Style: Hit the enemy when they least expect it, hit them where it hurts, and RUN.  

Any suggestions?

Edited by CahiraCelosial

Here are updated character sheets (yes, plural) for Xanas for next era. If one of the mods could take a look at the new timeline Xanas and approve him - he is a little over the normal power level, but it is what I would expect if the discussed changes to the timeline apply. 

Name: Xanas Khaevarin (alias Sanax) – Era 4/5 Character – Exists as an aberration in the new timeline and will therefore go by his alias

Physical Characteristics: Lifeless body (greyed skin, hair, and eyes; no pulse; body temperature is usually room temperature); when Voidmaking, eyes become black; one black spike through the heart. Wears a light grey cloak embroidered with Aon Shao and gloves (all of which have aluminum linings).

Investiture: Voidmaking (level 7) (100) – above average, passive annihilation of most investiture on touch, with focus can destroy matter and energy. As a result of the Stranger’s modification to the Worldspike, Xanas (see below) and Sanax exist simultaneously. At random times, a connection between the two causes some Investiture to bleed from Xanas to Sanax, which results in Sanax momentarily using the Investiture Xanas was. At these times, he may lose consciousness and is incapable of being woken, and may experience flashes of memories from Xanas.

Skills: Genius intellect (45); highly knowledgeable in the operations of almost all Investitures and Realmatics/Alleymatics (40)

Equipment: Deadeye Shardblade (formerly his own Elsecaller blade)

Weakness: Unable to be healed, transported, etc. by Investiture (20), Breath-equivalent requirement (10). Xanas retains memories of his time previous to entering the Void, but recent memories are fragmented. Being native to another timeline, Xanas experiences déjà vu frequently, and his instincts often react as if in his native timeline (e.g. he expects places or things to be in locations they are not, or to function in ways they no longer do).

Family: None living

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Growing up in Kasitor approximately 300 years before the birth of Gavilar Kholin, Xanas did not associate with many other children and was often ostracized. After alienating himself from high-ranking officials in the city by publicly criticizing them as a youth, he was thrown in jail on false charges. Seeking to leave Kasitor behind, he traveled to Rall Elorim, hoping to escape their influence. Xanas refuses to talk about this portion of his life, though this is when he began to bond Tsarik, an inkspren. After leaving under the wing of a Worldsinger, Xanas eventually found his way to the fledgling Alleys, becoming an early member of the Dark Alley. [original timeline] Following the creation of the Alleyverse, Xanas led early testing on the Void. A particularly ambitious project resulted in an opening into the Void, which led to the deaths of many in his department and his presumed death. Following almost 1500 years in the Void, Xanas managed to escape by binding his Cognitive aspect and a portion of the Void ‘petrified’ in the form of his Spiritual aspect into a Lifeless clone of himself. After leaving the Alleys, he met and began to interact with a boy named Mike. [/original timeline] [new timeline] Following the creation of the Alleyverse, Xanas led early testing on the Void, but discontinued it after determining it to be too dangerous to safely test. He currently runs the Department of Testing & Analysis, and played advisory roles to combatants in the major wars and conflicts of the Alleyverse. While well-known to Denizens, Xanas is relatively unknown among most inhabitants of the Alleyverse. [/new timeline]

Guild: Formerly Dark Alley – Department Head of Testing & Analysis; In New Timeline - None

Psyche: Genius but can be unstable, particularly after spending time in the Void.

Personality: Once sarcastic, now far more somber.

Appearance: White-gray cloak lined with aluminum, Aon Shao embroidered on the back. Gloves. Black Shardblade in sheath on back. Gray skin/hair.

Theme Song: Illumination by Jennifer Thomas

Fighting Style: Avoids fighting unless he has an overwhelming advantage

Name: Xanas Khaevarin – Era 5 Character – This is the Xanas native to the new timeline. He will go by Xanas during Era 5.

Physical Characteristics: Natively half-Iriali, half-Azish (golden colored hair, yellow eyes); slightly below average height; has two atium spikes in his chest; generally wears a dark cloak with a simple atium symbol on the back in a dark grey. Rarely wears gloves except in surgical testing.

Investiture: Elsecaller – 4th Ideal (on par with Jasnah)

Oaths: 

o   1st – Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination

o   2nd – I will be guided by logic, not by emotion.

o   3rd – I will consider all viewpoints, even those I do not agree with.

o   4th – I will seek out the correct questions before seeking their answers.

Two atium spikes – 1 grants Connection to the Alleyverse (i.e. it is as if he was born there), the other allows his age to remain stable (i.e. he is ageless). (Negligible value in most cases)

Has access to most forms of Investiture via spikes or medallions in his role as Head of the Department of Testing & Analysis.

Skills: Genius intellect (45); highly knowledgeable in the operations of almost all Investitures and Realmatics/Alleymatics (40)

Equipment: As a Radiant, has access to his own living Shardblade.

Weakness: As a result of the Stranger’s modifications to the Worldspike and Xanas’s previous nature, Xanas and Sanax (see above) exist simultaneously. At random times, a connection between the two causes Invested objects Xanas is using (with the exception of the two spikes in his chest) to lose all power. At these times, he may lose consciousness and is incapable of being healed or woken, and may experience flashes of memories from Sanax. Anti-social and may misinterpret social or emotional cues.

Family: None living

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Growing up in Kasitor approximately 300 years before the birth of Gavilar Kholin, Xanas did not associate with many other children and was often ostracized. After alienating himself from high-ranking officials in the city by publicly criticizing them as a youth, he was thrown in jail on false charges. Seeking to leave Kasitor behind, he traveled to Rall Elorim, hoping to escape their influence. Xanas refuses to talk about this portion of his life, though this is when he began to bond Tsarik, an inkspren. After leaving under the wing of a Worldsinger, Xanas eventually found his way to the fledgling Alleys, becoming an early member of the Dark Alley. [original timeline] Following the creation of the Alleyverse, Xanas led early testing on the Void. A particularly ambitious project resulted in an opening into the Void, which led to the deaths of many in his department and his presumed death. Following almost 1500 years in the Void, Xanas managed to escape by binding his Cognitive aspect and a portion of the Void ‘petrified’ in the form of his Spiritual aspect into a Lifeless clone of himself. After leaving the Alleys, he met and began to interact with a boy named Mike. [/original timeline] [new timeline] Following the creation of the Alleyverse, Xanas led early testing on the Void, but discontinued it after determining it to be too dangerous to safely test. He currently runs the Department of Testing & Analysis, and played advisory roles to combatants in the major wars and conflicts of the Alleyverse. While well-known to Denizens, Xanas is relatively unknown among most inhabitants of the Alleyverse. [/new timeline]

Guild: Dark Alley – Head of Department of Testing & Analysis

Psyche: To quote a popular TV show, “a high functioning sociopath”

Personality: Somewhat sarcastic; highly unemotional; can be demanding

Appearance: Generally wears a dark cloak with a simple atium symbol on the back in a dark grey. Rarely wears gloves except in surgical testing.

Theme Song: Moonlight by the Piano Guys

Fighting Style: Avoids fighting unless he has an overwhelming advantage

Edited by 18th Shard
Formatting

On 16.4.2020 at 7:08 PM, CahiraCelosial said:

Any suggestions?

Hey :)

sorry for the late reply, please feel free to tag me, if you submit a character. I check the thread regularly, but I reply a lot quicker if tagged. Your character looks good. If you want to, you can get started!

====================

8 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Name: Xanas Khaevarin – Era 5 Character – This is the Xanas native to the new timeline. He will go by Xanas during Era 5.

I have to admit Era 5 Xanas is a little too strong. His weakness with the flashbacks, has a lot of "may(s)" and "sometimes", so I am not sure how heavily and often it will affect him in every days rp. Could you please add another weakness to balance him better?

I upvoted that for the simple fact that your choices of music are amazing, I thought you should know.

Anyway. On relevant subjects lol.

I know I'm going to keep Nnimm and I'll post their sheet if I update it, can I create a new character for this era though? And can that character survive it?

Ax asked me to make a character for him, and I decided to go wild with it. It's a rough draft, and I'm free to changing a lot of things if I need too. I'm more curious about what her actual cost would end up being as I have her now. Would someone take a look at her? :3

Spoiler

Name: Thulaen Withrrun

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Lesbian

Nationality: Westlander/Elantrian 

Birthplace: Alleycity (2’nd gen)

Physical appearance: 5’ 4” tall, she has a little fat on her and looks like a kind, huggable mother. She’s a bit on the chubby side, though not unhealthily so, and has very, very soft, pale skin with little in the way of muscle. She has golden-blonde hair and lighter colored, chocolate-brown eyes. The most muscular part of her are her arms and stomach from carrying her kids so much, making those places slimmer than they otherwise would be, and putting most of her chub below her waist. She has crows feet next to her eyes from smiling so much and has few other wrinkles. She has a constant smile as her resting face, and has few obvious problems- though an incident when she was younger and a bad healing job shortly after left a few scars across her legs. 

Personality: Motherly and loving, she’s a peaceful soul who loves to make her family happy and does her best to take an interest in the interests of those she loves, making them the most important things in her life. She is self-sacrificing and generally scared of losing her temper and hurting someone. She does her best to teach her children how to be happy no matter what, and how to be kind and to only fight if there are no other solutions. Even if they don’t listen, she’d still support and love them. She has a tendency to laugh, and almost gives off an aura of comfort and safety. She’s an ultimate mom, and a devoted lover and wife. 

Family: Tena (wife, twenty seven), Buvra (son, four), Dokena (son, four). Ailah (Mother, fifty four) Ominah (Father, fifty nine). 

Skills: Mastermind (65), Caretaker (ave.), Housekeeper (Skilled), Cooking (Expert). 

Magic: Channeler (37),  Healer (1), Dreamer (Untrained).

Biography: Thulaen was born in the Alleycity to two parents in a loving and successful marriage. Her father was a man from Elantris, her mother a woman from Westland who’d had a bit of training in the white tower before she’d run away and made it to alleycity through a number of weave accidents. Thulaen spent much of childhood learning how her Channeling and Talent worked and how to heal animals. When she was nine, one of the regular fights that occur in the alleys caught her as a bystander and she got knocked into the road where a car ran over her legs. She tried to heal herself, but the adrenaline and the lack of real or effective teaching left her attempt less than perfect. She managed to limp her way home and practiced her healing until she fixed what she could in her legs. From then on, she had trouble channeling much unless adrenaline was in her system. She spent years learning how to help out around the home to avoid being a burden on her parents, and was determined to have a positive outlook despite how much pain she was usually in, and eventually she did. Her hatred of violence also came from that moment. One day, she met Tena while on one of her less-than-common outdoor excursions, and she started going out more to meet her more often, quickly becoming friends with the woman and falling in love after maybe a month. When Tena asked for a date, she was more than happy to agree. Though walking hurts, it’s a pain she’s mostly used too- the more stress is put on her legs, though, the worse the pain becomes. 

Notes: Smells like cinnamon and caramel brownies. She refuses to fight unless she’s protecting her wife or children’s lives, and rarely leaves her home for more than an hour or two at a time. Struggles to channel unless she’s scared or full of adrenaline. The stronger her adrenaline rush or fear, the easier her power comes to her. Has trouble healing broken bone- the worse the break, fracture, or splintering, the worse her healing tends to be of the damage. Flesh and organs are easier for her, and animals are very simple for her to heal. She also has trouble moving faster than a speed-walk or jumping, and even standing up on her own can be hard on bad days. Though she has an easy time remembering and learning things, she has a really rough time making plans or thinking ahead into the future more than a few days, quickly feeling overwhelmed if she tries to think of everything that might happen that far- she usually avoids making many plans unless she wants to surprise her family. 

Theme song: 'Say you won't let go' by James Arthur

Current Total cost: 230 plus whatever her non-combat skills cost. I think. I’m not sure how much her weaknesses detract from this overall cost, or if I missed some power or strength. Once I know, I'll be able to make a better powerset. For now, this is to see what level exactly she's at and if I need to remove or add anything. :) 

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Added theme song