Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Radiants don't actually need to be broken spiritually. (Take Lopen, for instance). They might need to have cracks in their spiritweb/something that will let investiture in, or it could just make it easier for the spren to do it.

Being broken spiritually is the equivalent of having cracks in the spirit web. There needs to be some way for the investiture to seep in, some mechanism for it to get into the soul. Some level of being broken is necessary for any type of investment. Lopen if definitely broken on some level. Definitely not as badly as kaladin, but he is broken somewhere. People don't make it through the bridge camps without breaking in some degree.

I would like to submit a character. This is my first time creating one, so any helpful feedback on things like her backstory would be appreciated.

Name: Lillian “Lily” Tovar

Investiture: She is a first ideal Truthwatcher.

Skills: She is very smart, and those who know her consider her to be a genius, although she would never admit it. She is also a rather skilled thief.

Equipment: A bright blue and green Aviar named Sky with investiture hiding/coppercloud abilities.

Weakness: She will do anything to protect Sky, even if it costs her life. She has very low self esteem and constantly underestimates herself.

Family: The Tovar Family (7th Dahn)

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: She was raised in the household of a fairly low dahn family and was a very sheltered child. Her parents were worldhoppers, but they never told her. As a child, she just assumed that they went on lots of business trips, but now she is starting to question what they were really up to. They brought back an Aviar named Sky with them for her from what they told her were their “travels”. They claimed that he was from Shinovar. Her parents suddenly disappeared when she was 17 years old, and she never found out why. She suspects that someone or something took them unwillingly. She always keeps Sky with her to remember them and loves him fiercely. The disappearance of her parents distressed her so greatly that she developed enough cracks in her spirit web for a Truthwatcher spren to approach her. Her spren is named Lumi, and he is her best companion. She has not sworn any oaths above the first ideal, however, as she is too frightened of attracting whatever took her parents from her. 

Guild: None (at the moment)

Psyche: Friendly and generous.

Personality: Shy and not very trusting.

Appearance: Black hair streaked with red and blonde (due to her mixed blood) that goes just past her shoulders (she keeps it in a ponytail whenever she feels like she needs to focus), bright blue eyes, 5’6, slender

Fighting Style: Sneaky

Edited by Lunamor

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

I would like to submit a character. This is my first time creating one, so any helpful feedback on things like her backstory would be appreciated.

Hide contents

Name: Lillian “Lily” Tovar

Investiture: She is a first ideal Truthwatcher. [+90]

Skills: She is very smart, and those who know her consider her to be a genius [+45], although she would never admit it. She is also a rather skilled thief. [40]

Equipment: A bright blue and green Aviar named Sky with investiture hiding/coppercloud abilities. [+10]

Weakness: She will do anything to protect Sky, even if it costs her life [I'd guess around -20 Ask @Lord Meeker@MacThorstenson or @Voidus instead]. She has very low self esteem and constantly underestimates herself. [-10ish?]

Family: The Tovar Family (7th Dahn)

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: She was raised in the household of a fairly low dahn family and was a very sheltered child. Her parents were worldhoppers, but they never told her. As a child, she just assumed that they went on lots of business trips, but now she is starting to question what they were really up to. They brought back an Aviar named Sky with them for her from what they told her were their “travels”. They claimed that he was from Shinovar. Her parents suddenly disappeared when she was 17 years old, and she never found out why. She suspects that someone or something took them unwillingly. She always keeps Sky with her to remember them and loves him fiercely. The disappearance of her parents distressed her so greatly that she developed enough cracks in her spirit web for a Truthwatcher spren to approach her. Her spren is named Lumi, and he is her best companion. She has not sworn any oaths above the first ideal, however, as she is too frightened of attracting whatever took her parents from her. 

Guild: None (at the moment)

Psyche: Friendly and generous.

Personality: Shy and not very trusting.

Appearance: Black hair streaked with red and blonde (due to her mixed blood) that goes just past her shoulders (she keeps it in a ponytail whenever she feels like she needs to focus), bright blue eyes, 5’6, slender

Fighting Style: Sneaky

Hey, @Lunamor! Welcome to the alley verse! I like to score characters but I am not technically a mod. But I can give an idea of if your character is okay. Here's how I'd score yours: (See quote)

90 + 85 + 10 - 30 = 155

She may be fair. Depending on what the AV mods think of the weaknesses.

9 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Hey, @Lunamor! Welcome to the alley verse! I like to score characters but I am not technically a mod. But I can give an idea of if your character is okay. Here's how I'd score yours: (See quote)

90 + 85 + 10 - 30 = 155

She may be fair. Depending on what the AV mods think of the weaknesses.

Thanks for scoring her! I was unsure of how to do so properly with the weaknesses and everything. Have the scores for radiants changed? In the index it says that a first ideal Radiant would be worth 60, but I saw some people talking about how the scoring for it has changed and was wondering what the new scores are.

Edited by Lunamor

11 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

90 + 85 + 10 - 30 = 155

Basically this, but I would subtract 5 for the first ideal that she swore, and I would also subtract a further 5 for scaring from her parents disappearance. 

I do disagree with bean the boys assessment of your weakness, I would say they take off about 35-40 combined.

The low self esteem is worth a couple points more Imo with this character, and the willingness to die for her bird, but there is a lot of synergy with the weaknesses (like her low self esteem makes it more likely that she will sacrifice herself). 

Your characters final score would be 140.

Yes, im getting around to do an adding spree for the last few pages of characters and the index changes.

Edited by MacThorstenson

KiaKo:

Spoiler

Name: KiaKo

Species: Kandra

Investiture:  Blessing of Potency

Current Sex: Female

Guild Affiliation: DA

Physical Characteristics: Any

Skills: Assassination (average), thievery (amateur), poison mixing (amateur), good at transforming (fourth gen kandra level)

Backstory: She was born in a lab, and grew up in the alleys. She survived, and now alternates between them and the alleycity, doing odd jobs.

@MacThorstenson look at this trash.

Spoiler

Name: Zedkrin

Physical Characteristics: 5’6’’, short black hair, 32 years old

Powers: Rithmatist, can create chalk

Skills: Fast runner, average melee weapon combat, amature hand to hand combat

Equipment: Light leather armor, one sword hilt, and a katana

Weakness: Phobia of Squirrels(Will run away at the sight of squirrels)

Epic Weakness: If he sees semi-complicated math his powers will go away

Home Planet: Earth(Rithmatist)

Backstory: He was born on Earth(Rithmatist), became a Rithmatist, met a worldhopper then went with them to Earth(Reckoners) before Calamity, got Epic powers, then moved to the alleyverse.

Guild: Ghostbloods

Personality/Psyche: He gives up as quickly as he makes decisions, not social, will not sacrifice himself for someone else

Fighting Style: Uses his speed to outmaneuver his opponents and cut them down

Spoiler

Species: Kandra Melaan is 3rd gen and takes roughly 1/2 an hour to change bodies, and since this is a younger generation, I would assume this takes about 45 min or so to change bodies. +90 M

Investiture:  Blessing of Potency +25 M

Skills: Assassination (average), +40 S

thievery (amateur), +10 S

poison mixing (amateur), +5 S

good at transforming (fourth gen kandra level)

Backstory: She was born in a lab, and grew up in the alleys. She survived, and now alternates between them and the alleycity, doing odd jobs.

Total: 115 M+ 55 S= 160.

Slightly above 150, maybe consider adding a weakness, or making the Kandra of a younger generation.

Spoiler

Powers: Rithmatist, +30 M

can create chalk + 25 M (Because of Synergy)

Skills: Fast runner, +10 S

average melee weapon combat, +35 S

Amateur hand to hand combat + 10 S

Weakness: Phobia of Squirrels(Will run away at the sight of squirrels) -10 W

Epic Weakness: If he sees semi-complicated math his powers will go away -30 W

Backstory: He was born on Earth(Rithmatist), became a Rithmatist, met a worldhopper then went with them to Earth(Reckoners) before Calamity, got Epic powers, then moved to the alleyverse. 

Personality/Psyche: He gives up as quickly as he makes decisions, not social, will not sacrifice himself for someone else 

Total: 55 M + 55S -40W=70

@MacThorstenson/ @Lord Meeker Here’s the most recent characters scored.

Sidenote: Mac, why did you have Radiant Fabrials be only 15 points? They basically give someone a surge with slight limitations.

KiaKo scored: @Ark1002. Actually @Snipexe beat me to it while I was scoring it. I'll finish though.

Spoiler

Species: Kandra [+70 skill is taken into account later]

Investiture:  Blessing of Potency [Depends on who it killed. +25 for an average one]

Skills: Assassination (average) [+40], thievery (amateur) [+10], poison mixing (amateur) [+10], good at transforming (fourth gen kandra level) [+10 (2/5)]

70 + 25 + 40  + 10 + 10 + 10 = 165. Pretty powerful I'd say she needs a nerf. 

AJ reworked as an epic with no mind blades but something different instead.

Spoiler

Name: AJ Carter. Epic name Nightshot

Physical Characteristics: Brown hair, Brown eyes, WIld scar on right shoulder.

Investiture:

• Epic powers

• Portals: Can make a small rift in space to create a one way gateway between two points within eyesight that he can see. It sends any object that goes in to the other one on a side of his choosing. Objects maintain momentum and come out at the same point that they went in at the corresponding portal. Portals cannot close if there is something moving through them.

• Teleportation: Can focus on a certain point within eyesight and travel to that point with a one second lag time from the point where he disappears and when he reappears. When he is gone for the short period, a faint smoke will appear in the area that he will return.

• Perfect aim: If he looks at something and shoots at it, if his power is activated, his hand will automatically point nightsoul (See equipment)l toward the spot at which he was looking.

Skills: (Consider epic ability 3 as projectile weapon training expert)

Equipment:

• Night Soul

• A handgun with a 1 foot long barrel and 6 inch long handle. Has many modes to shoot. Including semi-auto bullets, full auto bullets, plasma, nets, grenades, shotguns, lasers, stun blasts, coinshot hazekiller rounds, flash bang grenades, seeking shots, flames, and freeze rays. Can engage a system that stabs a needle through his skin. Barely enough to avoid the gun being pushed or pulled.

Weakness: His epic weakness is large guns. (See backstory) Whenever he is touched by a large gun or is shot by one his powers will all be nullified.

Family: Mother dead. Father alive.

Home Planet: Earth (Reckoners)

Backstory:

When he was 8, his father took him shotgun shooting. AJ was amazed on how well his dad shot and wanted to try to. However, the shotguns knockback broke his shoulder joint and he had to go to the hospital to get surgery. Henceforth giving him a petrifying fear of shotguns.

He still was curious with guns and began to practice with handguns, learning to have exceptionally good aim with them. He competed and won a fortune. He had a dream, for a powerful weapon that he could use. So he got to work building nightsoul.

He had nearly perfected it by the time that his epic powers manifested. He accidently killed his mother with his new powers and felt horrible and guilty. His father, his partner in nightsoul’s creation ran away in fear and anger, disowning AJ. Depressed because of her death, AJ left to the alleyverse to start a new life.

Guild: TUBA

Psyche: Stable. Sometimes has haunting moments but stable.

Personality: Upbeat, Kind, has a dark side though that appears under stressful situations. A dark side that pushes everyone away and goes alone to do things.

Appearance: Coming soon?

Theme Song: Psyche theme song, except all “Psyches” have been replaced with “Snipes”

Fighting Style: Long range combat

@Voidus

Edited by beantheboy12

1 minute ago, beantheboy12 said:

Portals: Can make a small rift in space to create a one way gateway between two points within eyesight that he can see. It sends any object that goes in to the other one on a side of his choosing. Objects maintain momentum and come out at the same point that they went in at the corresponding portal. Portals cannot close if there is something moving through them.

Can he make a rift inside a person?Because then this would become an instant kill power.

10 minutes ago, Snipexe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Species: Kandra Melaan is 3rd gen and takes roughly 1/2 an hour to change bodies, and since this is a younger generation, I would assume this takes about 45 min or so to change bodies. +90 M

Slightly above 150, maybe consider adding a weakness, or making the Kandra of a younger generation.

Hide contents

Powers: Rithmatist, +30 M

can create chalk + 25 M (Because of Synergy)

Skills: Fast runner, +10 S

average melee weapon combat, +35 S

Amateur hand to hand combat + 10 S

Weakness: Phobia of Squirrels(Will run away at the sight of squirrels) -10 W

Epic Weakness: If he sees semi-complicated math his powers will go away -30 W

Total: 55 M + 55S -40W=70

@MacThorstenson/ @Lord Meeker Here’s the most recent characters scored.

Sidenote: Mac, why did you have Radiant Fabrials be only 15 points? They basically give someone a surge with slight limitations.

Thank you for the scoring, I would like @Voidus to rank the second character if he has the time, not that I don't trust you, but that he has a system for ranking epic powers and weaknesses and it keeps all the epics on the same plane.

As for the fabrials, a character would need to have a very convincing explanation for having a fabrial that isn't known to exist in modern times. In addition, fabrials that replicate surges are not as good as having the surge itself, as seen from a soulcaster.

Also can voidus try to rank beans newest epic as well?

Edited by MacThorstenson

Just now, MacThorstenson said:

As for the fabrials, a character would need to have a very convincing explanation for having a fabrial that isn't known to exist in modern times. In addition, fabrials that replicate surges are not as good as having the surge itself, as seen from a soulcaster.

Radiant Fabrials almost perfectly replicate the surge (See the regrowth fabrial used in WoK chapter 19) I personally think that Soulcasters are of a different origin then Radiant Fabrials, and so should be considered as separate areas.

But regrowth only has one function, one thing the surge can do.

Other surges like gravitation, or soulcasting, or transportation have different things that they can do. A soulcaster can only really replicate one aspect of the surges, and I think that the other other radiant fabrials can do the same.

As an aside, I think that soulcasters are the same as the other radiant fabrials. Both are defined as fabrials that replicate the surges.

Another issue I ran into was making this aspect of the index consistant with the radiant portion. 

The value for each radiant is found using the sum of their abilities (Surges, stormlight, shardblade, shardplate). I made the use of the fabrials equal to that of the use of a surge by a first oath radiant.

(So a first oath radiant would be 90 points. 60 for the weaker storm light healing and less efficiency, and 30 for use and little experience with both of their surges).

If we raise the value of the surges themselves, I would have to raise the value of the radiants to go along with it.

I figured that if the new index is kept, it would make people add as much as 60 points of weaknesses to their characters, in addition to finding out what oaths they swore and what broke their character. I didn't want to ask them to have to do more.

If you guys want to raise it, or make different values for it go ahead. This was a rough draft, and the radiant section is a tough thing to iron out.

On 2/25/2019 at 0:34 PM, xinoehp512 said:

It's free investiture. So, sucking stormlight from spheres.

Ok, so I would rate the power of the character at about 80.

20 for the shadow acid, about 10 for the investiture sucking, and 50 for the shape shifting. His weakness would be worth 15. Final value is about 65.

I assume it has a human level of intelligence, which allows it to try to circumvent its weakness whenever possible. If that's not true please tell me. 

Do you want it added to the list?

11 hours ago, Inky said:

@Archer here's my submission!

Name: Aleila Tavat

Physical Characteristics: Alethi tan, striking blue eyes, a bit on the chubbier side

Investiture: Lightweaver of the 1st Ideal (85)

Skills: A talented author(10), and can run fast and without stopping for long periods of time when she needs to (20)

Equipment: Some writing materials (some ink, quite a few blank scrolls, a case, and a quill or two), a dagger given to her by her mother, and a plethora of spheres 

Weakness: Not very dexterous, is horrible at thinking on the fly, and has trouble in social situations

Family: The Tavat family, a small Alethi Lighteyed family of the fifth Dahn

Home Planet: Roshar 

Backstory: Aleila lived a sheltered upbringing in the Tavat household, where she spent a lot of time reading and writing. She was coddled by her parents, which led to a superiority complex forming within her. Because of this, she was particularly rude to her darkeyed servants. Her parents, her mother specifically, had grand plans for Aleila's education, and pushed her to the point of extreme anxiety forming whenever she fell even barely below her mother's standards. Eventually, she formed a budding bond with a Cryptic she calls Warp, and she spoke the first ideal. However, soon after, a mess with a budding Elsecaller sent Aleila flying into Shadesmar, where she eventually made her way to the Alleycity.

Psyche: Stable enough, although she gets sometimes crippling anxiety

Personality: Aleila is quite the stuck-up little Lighteyes. She tends to look down on anyone different than her, and most people who talk to her tend to get annoyed with her eventually. She is quite well versed in her favorite topics and can talk about them for hours in explicit detail.

Appearance: Alethi tan, short-ish dark brown hair with bangs. Around 5'7" and is pear-shaped. Loves to wear blue havahs (might be the only clothing she has?)

Fighting Style: Nonexistent 

This character is good. Its about 85 magic points, and 30 skill points, do you want it to be added to the list?

@Darth Woodrack is there a place where I can find all the updated bios of your characters?

EDIT:

I believe that I have caught up on character submissions. 

If you are waiting for a character to be approved, and have made edits to it, please re post it with the note that it needs to be approved.

If you have had a character approved, but it is not posted, please re-submit the bio with a note that it has already been approved and a link saying that a mod approved it. 

Please check your slots on the character sheets, to make sure that they are up to date.

Edited by MacThorstenson

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Please check your slots on the character sheets, to make sure that they are up to date.

Actually the bios of half of my characters are missing, it looks like they got lost while copy-pasting.

@MacThorstenson

Mike was approved by @Kidpen , somewhere in this thread, the others by Archer, before Era 3 started.

Here are all bios:

Althea

Spoiler

Name: Althea Tenira

Investiture: Elsecaller, 3rd ideal (100), Spren is called Brashen

Skills: Expert Scholarship Investiture (40), Mind link with Max/ Solace (40)

Physical: Long white hair and skin, crystalline red eyes, slight build, medium height

Weaknesses: She’s an albino, direct sunlight hurts/ blinds her, is able to move around in the sunlight when wearing appropriate protection (sunglasses, long sleeves, sunscreen) (-25); mild PTSD (-15); doesn't trust her own senses/ emotions to 100% anymore (e.g. she tries to touch people to make sure what she is seeing/ hearing and what her touch tells her correlate); feels threatened by the mind link as it allows Solace free access to do with her thoughts/ mind whatever he wants to do (which he already did several times) and listen in on whatever she does whenever he wishes to do

Character: Problem-oriented thinking, no sense for jokes/ fun, can be taken for cold-hearted, prefers to hide her emotions, prefers to solve conflicts without fighting

Backstory: Althea grew up in an orphanage close to the horneater peaks, as her parents gave her away when they discovered her outer appearance. She usually kept to herself and spent her time reading, learning. When she was allowed to, she left the orphanage to travel the world and further improve her abilities. She was recruited by the Ghostbloods soon after she left the orphanage and they taught her about hemalurgy and how to soulcast. After she bonded her spren, she spent more and more time in shadesmar or soulcasting. Especially shadesmar was a place she grew to love, as the light there didn’t hurt her. From her thirteenth birthday on she worked in the laboratories of the Ghostbloods, advancing through their ranks until she was appointed Righthand shortly before Solace returned to take back control.
Althea learned that she had a sister, shortly before the start of Era 2. She then had her followed and finally decided to appear in the open at the Ghostblood Ball hoping, to meet her there.
After Solace/ Sephtis appearance and the conflict in Oasis City she and Max followed him. They managed to find out about his weakness and stopped him from conquering the world, by making him face his own fear. Afterwards she married Max and now lives together with him in a small house outside of Alleycity.

Additional Information: Althea owns a Shardblade and a ring forged by Laonin. She neither carries them, nor will she use them during Era Three.

Damaya

Spoiler

Name: Damaya Vulken (was Damaya Tenira)

Investiture:  Lightweaver 3rd Ideal, spren: Corundum (100)

Weakness: has nightmares; too curious for her own good; has a tendency to trust those who show her kindness; she never learned how to soulcast and only rarely tries it out; her illusions are tied to her memories: whenever she tries to lightweave she replicates one of her memories for everybody to see like a short scene in a movie - meanwhile she relieves the complete memory herself (-25)

Character: very loyal to her friends, good hearted, has no real purpose in her life anymore, deeply traumatized after growing up with a Chaos sorcerer who abused her regularly

Special skills and Weapons: Intelligent (30), Scholarship (General Knowledge: sewing, embroidery, calculation, reading, philosophy,...) (20), Amateur Staff (20)

Physical characteristics: young woman 23 years old, green eyes, long blond hair (usually open or in a low pony tail), frail and small build, open face

Family: her family was killed in the Seven Day War when she was 7, grew up with forster parents who abused her for several years, she considers Araha (narrator Ark) family, Damaya has a sister (Althea) but she doesn’t know about her

Home: the Other Side of the World

History/Biography: After the war Damaya grew up on the streets, stealing food whenever possible. One day she was caught by a woman and forced to live with her. It wasn’t a bad life, and Damaya learned everything she would need to find a good husband. She ignored her spren, Coru, whom she bonded while living on the street, and pretended to be a normal girl. That worked until the woman married again. Her husband saw the spren and decided to make use of Damaya’s abilities. He abused her for several years, sending her now and then to the Waystop to learn to control her powers. It left Damaya almost unable to control any illusions and a deep hatred for her spren. After she got kidnapped by some Chaos marines and afterwards rescued, she trusts her spren more and more, following Araha’s example who loves her spren dearly. Damaya killed her “father” herself, smashing his head. She never took the time to work through what happened, instead buries everything deep down in her soul. After she handed the house she grew up in (unknowlingly) over to the Ghostbloods, she left (fleed) the Alleycity for the other side of the world.
There she and Araha met, among others, Nogard and Klasten. They managed to stop Rotcennoc’s plan to destroy the islands and hand them over to the darkness. During the fight she bonded a new island, which is currently floating somewhere in the other side of the world. Afterwards they traveled for a year together and discovered underwater parshendi, before setting out to the north sea.

Lena

Spoiler

Name: Lena (originally Lanera Aander)

Physical: long red hair, small and light built, unassuming face, always carries a bag with some poisons and something to eat

Investiture: None

Skills: Expert Poison Mixing (40), Expert Draught Mixing (40), Skilled Disguising (30), Average Healing (20), Average Cooking (20)

Weaknesses: can’t see blood (-10), can’t hide her emotions, her son

Characteristics: delightens when she is able to poison somebody, especially if she has the time to study the reactions of her victims, cold-hearted, is willing to sacrifice others any moment (or as soon as she feels she has nothing to gain from the relationship)
Antisocial personality disorder:
Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors:
deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior
lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Family: Lena grew up in Teoin, her parents were merchants and overlooked her tendency to poison smaller animals, when she was a child. Later, when she grew older and started to slip poison to some of their workers, they tried to steer her from that path, but failed. Lena has a 5-year old son, she almost never gets to see. Her grandmother cares for the child, and writes some letters to Lena now and then, but mostly their contact consists of Lena sending money home to support them both. She and her grandmother have the agreement, that Lena stays away from the child. There isn’t any noticeable contact to her parents, but she does visit eldest brother now and then, who lives and works in Alleycity.

History: After the birth of her child, Lena and her husband lived together in Teoin. The marriage had been arranged by her parents, as they hoped, that having a family would ground Lena. Shortly after the birth of their first child, Lena poisoned her husband after a fight, since she felt, like he wanted to control her. Avoiding arrest, only by her parents connections, she left Teoin late at night. With nothing but her son and a few cloths and travelled to her grandmother. She stayed there for the next few months, but after a while there, her grandmother caught her observing the death of the village smith, making notes as to how improve her draft. The incident was followed by a longer discussion, and ended with a choice for Lena. Leave Sel and never return, or face arrest and a trial most likely ending in her death. Lena left Sel, leaving her child with grandmother, something her grandmother insisted on and joined some travellers on their way to Alleycity. After her arrival there she started to steal and to scam, finally met the other members of the Thieve’s Guild and joined them on their most recent heists. She has a small flat in a poorer part of the city, which looks like a laboratory, full of plants, and chemical substances, as she is earning her money by selling poisons. She still tries them always out the first time herself, and prefers to carefully note down the reactions of her victims. She doesn’t necessarily kill them, believes incapacitation to be even more interesting, since it means, she has to work with more precision.
During Era 2 Lena participated in a few scams, the largest one being Alleyzon where she and a few others members stole a whole plane full of goods. Afterwards she joined Gonev and Pry to rescue Pry’s siblings from Crow.

Mike

Spoiler

Name: Mike Austen (aka Mustafa Marcus Martha Mario Maverick Mary Micky Mich Morgan Melaku Macik Maurice Megan  Moses Mac Monica Molly Maddy Maddona Magento Maco Makie Malikia)

Physical characteristics: dark hair, tan, well-built for a teen, lanky, brown eyes, seven spikes in his chest

Investiture: spiked: can change parts of his body into animal parts (fox, cat, squirrel, wolf, porcupine, snake, squid, salmon) (?)

Weakness: easy target for emotional allomancy due to his spikes, panically afraid of Ark and any (known) members of the DA

Character: shy and quiet, tries to keep to the background, very passionate about avenging his dead friend.

Special skills and Weapons: assassination (average) (40), melee weapons (average) (35)

Family: two younger brothers (David, Garrus), parents are still alive and they all live in a village close to Alleycity

Home: Alleycity

History/Biography: Mike grew up in Alleycity. One day he was on his way through the city with his best friend and they were robbed. His friend died on his way to the hospital and Mike swore he would avenge him. He joined the Ghostbloods for this reason and they started to train him. During one of his last trainings he saw the councilmember Ark for the first time and mistook him for the man, that had killed his friend. He tried to assassinate Ark and failed. Mr. Itiah claimed Mike had acted on his order, to show the class that you couldn’t let your guard down even for a moment. This saved Mike’s life, but Ark still ordered him to go to his friend KoTiel and offer himself for an experiment. KoTiel spiked Mike several times and afterwards sent him back to Ark. Ark questioned Mike about his powers, but Mr. Itiah stepped in a second time and ordered Mike to his sleeping quarters and assigned him therapy sessions.

Edited by Sorana

There are a few issues with my bios. My character list says Benson/Hasharan/Galavian. Galavian's bio isn't on there, and Delarin needs to be in the title thing. You know?

Here's Galavian's bio:

Spoiler

NameGalavian

Physical CharacteristicsLarge scar going from his forehead all the way over his head, down his neck, and on his left shoulder. Ghostblood tattoo on right shoulder blade

InvestitureNone that he has naturally

SkillsAmateur in both Melee and Ranged weapons.

Equipment:

• White Steel:

• Fabrial Armor

• Armor contains millions of little white components that can climb on each other, attach, and detach from each other. (Think Iron Man in infinity war)

• Roughly 1.5 the strength of steel

• Channels gunpowder throughout itself to create explosions on the exterior, or fire bullets

• Fabrial inside to replicate the surge of gravitation

• A “Core” component as hard to break as shardplate that if destroyed, will make the armor unable to change shape or use gunpowder

• Aids strength of user slightly

WeaknessGot hit on the head during a battle and lost all of his intelligence. Prefers to rush in without a plan and can’t do any more complex method of fighting unless he was told to do so 10 minutes ago. (For instance, he can’t exploit an Epic’s weakness unless someone told him about it a moment ago)

FamilyA poor rural Rosharan family. Father is dead of old age, 4 siblings. 2 older sisters, 1 younger sister and 1 baby brother. 

Home PlanetRoshar

Backstory

He was born in a poor Herdazian farming village to parents happy with their life. But he knew that he was a genius at a young age and aspired to be more than just a farmer. Without his parents permission, he began to purchase all kinds of books and dreamed of being able to visit a real library. His father eventually found out that he had been stealing money from the family and disowned him. Galavaian left, offended.

He was then found by the Ghostbloods and was raised through his teenage years to fight and kill. But still, he aspired for more. He dreamed of the ultimate weapon, and began to forge it. He completed his armor, White Steel. Capable of defeating any opponent.

He grew too ambitious. He wished to be wealthy like the highprinces of Alethkar and travelled to the shattered plains in the middle of the siege on the Parshendi. He attempted to take a greatshell gemheart from a chrysalis but Eshoni intervened and hit him on the head. His invested armor was able to block her shardblade, but the force of that blow removed his intelligence. He was confused and had no idea what he was doing in the ghostbloods so he left for alley city and there built a new life. Stupid this time.

Guild: None but is interested in the Bloodflame gang

Psyche: Can’t think straight anymore. Has a large vocabulary from when he was smart, but now can’t really do things “smart” people would do.

PersonalityHe is generally emotionless and just stands in the corner, but when fighting or drinking, he acts rather jolly.

Appearance6’ 1”, 210 lbs, hair dyed green

Theme SongMary had a little lamb (All he can play on the piano now)

Fighting StylePrefers to stay in the air and shoot his opponents, but can and will get up close.

9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Actually the bios of half of my characters are missing, it looks like they got lost while copy-pasting.

@MacThorstenson

Mike was approved by @Kidpen , somewhere in this thread, the others by Archer, before Era 3 started.

Here are all bios:

Althea

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Althea Tenira

Investiture: Elsecaller, 3rd ideal (100), Spren is called Brashen

Skills: Expert Scholarship Investiture (40), Mind link with Max/ Solace (40)

Physical: Long white hair and skin, crystalline red eyes, slight build, medium height

Weaknesses: She’s an albino, direct sunlight hurts/ blinds her, is able to move around in the sunlight when wearing appropriate protection (sunglasses, long sleeves, sunscreen) (-25); mild PTSD (-15); doesn't trust her own senses/ emotions to 100% anymore (e.g. she tries to touch people to make sure what she is seeing/ hearing and what her touch tells her correlate); feels threatened by the mind link as it allows Solace free access to do with her thoughts/ mind whatever he wants to do (which he already did several times) and listen in on whatever she does whenever he wishes to do

Character: Problem-oriented thinking, no sense for jokes/ fun, can be taken for cold-hearted, prefers to hide her emotions, prefers to solve conflicts without fighting

Backstory: Althea grew up in an orphanage close to the horneater peaks, as her parents gave her away when they discovered her outer appearance. She usually kept to herself and spent her time reading, learning. When she was allowed to, she left the orphanage to travel the world and further improve her abilities. She was recruited by the Ghostbloods soon after she left the orphanage and they taught her about hemalurgy and how to soulcast. After she bonded her spren, she spent more and more time in shadesmar or soulcasting. Especially shadesmar was a place she grew to love, as the light there didn’t hurt her. From her thirteenth birthday on she worked in the laboratories of the Ghostbloods, advancing through their ranks until she was appointed Righthand shortly before Solace returned to take back control.
Althea learned that she had a sister, shortly before the start of Era 2. She then had her followed and finally decided to appear in the open at the Ghostblood Ball hoping, to meet her there.
After Solace/ Sephtis appearance and the conflict in Oasis City she and Max followed him. They managed to find out about his weakness and stopped him from conquering the world, by making him face his own fear. Afterwards she married Max and now lives together with him in a small house outside of Alleycity.

Additional Information: Althea owns a Shardblade and a ring forged by Laonin. She neither carries them, nor will she use them during Era Three.

Damaya

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Damaya Vulken (was Damaya Tenira)

Investiture:  Lightweaver 3rd Ideal, spren: Corundum (100)

Weakness: has nightmares; too curious for her own good; has a tendency to trust those who show her kindness; she never learned how to soulcast and only rarely tries it out; her illusions are tied to her memories: whenever she tries to lightweave she replicates one of her memories for everybody to see like a short scene in a movie - meanwhile she relieves the complete memory herself (-25)

Character: very loyal to her friends, good hearted, has no real purpose in her life anymore, deeply traumatized after growing up with a Chaos sorcerer who abused her regularly

Special skills and Weapons: Intelligent (30), Scholarship (General Knowledge: sewing, embroidery, calculation, reading, philosophy,...) (20), Amateur Staff (20)

Physical characteristics: young woman 23 years old, green eyes, long blond hair (usually open or in a low pony tail), frail and small build, open face

Family: her family was killed in the Seven Day War when she was 7, grew up with forster parents who abused her for several years, she considers Araha (narrator Ark) family, Damaya has a sister (Althea) but she doesn’t know about her

Home: the Other Side of the World

History/Biography: After the war Damaya grew up on the streets, stealing food whenever possible. One day she was caught by a woman and forced to live with her. It wasn’t a bad life, and Damaya learned everything she would need to find a good husband. She ignored her spren, Coru, whom she bonded while living on the street, and pretended to be a normal girl. That worked until the woman married again. Her husband saw the spren and decided to make use of Damaya’s abilities. He abused her for several years, sending her now and then to the Waystop to learn to control her powers. It left Damaya almost unable to control any illusions and a deep hatred for her spren. After she got kidnapped by some Chaos marines and afterwards rescued, she trusts her spren more and more, following Araha’s example who loves her spren dearly. Damaya killed her “father” herself, smashing his head. She never took the time to work through what happened, instead buries everything deep down in her soul. After she handed the house she grew up in (unknowlingly) over to the Ghostbloods, she left (fleed) the Alleycity for the other side of the world.
There she and Araha met, among others, Nogard and Klasten. They managed to stop Rotcennoc’s plan to destroy the islands and hand them over to the darkness. During the fight she bonded a new island, which is currently floating somewhere in the other side of the world. Afterwards they traveled for a year together and discovered underwater parshendi, before setting out to the north sea.

Lena

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Lena (originally Lanera Aander)

Physical: long red hair, small and light built, unassuming face, always carries a bag with some poisons and something to eat

Investiture: None

Skills: Expert Poison Mixing (40), Expert Draught Mixing (40), Skilled Disguising (30), Average Healing (20), Average Cooking (20)

Weaknesses: can’t see blood (-10), can’t hide her emotions, her son

Characteristics: delightens when she is able to poison somebody, especially if she has the time to study the reactions of her victims, cold-hearted, is willing to sacrifice others any moment (or as soon as she feels she has nothing to gain from the relationship)
Antisocial personality disorder:
Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors:
deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior
lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Family: Lena grew up in Teoin, her parents were merchants and overlooked her tendency to poison smaller animals, when she was a child. Later, when she grew older and started to slip poison to some of their workers, they tried to steer her from that path, but failed. Lena has a 5-year old son, she almost never gets to see. Her grandmother cares for the child, and writes some letters to Lena now and then, but mostly their contact consists of Lena sending money home to support them both. She and her grandmother have the agreement, that Lena stays away from the child. There isn’t any noticeable contact to her parents, but she does visit eldest brother now and then, who lives and works in Alleycity.

History: After the birth of her child, Lena and her husband lived together in Teoin. The marriage had been arranged by her parents, as they hoped, that having a family would ground Lena. Shortly after the birth of their first child, Lena poisoned her husband after a fight, since she felt, like he wanted to control her. Avoiding arrest, only by her parents connections, she left Teoin late at night. With nothing but her son and a few cloths and travelled to her grandmother. She stayed there for the next few months, but after a while there, her grandmother caught her observing the death of the village smith, making notes as to how improve her draft. The incident was followed by a longer discussion, and ended with a choice for Lena. Leave Sel and never return, or face arrest and a trial most likely ending in her death. Lena left Sel, leaving her child with grandmother, something her grandmother insisted on and joined some travellers on their way to Alleycity. After her arrival there she started to steal and to scam, finally met the other members of the Thieve’s Guild and joined them on their most recent heists. She has a small flat in a poorer part of the city, which looks like a laboratory, full of plants, and chemical substances, as she is earning her money by selling poisons. She still tries them always out the first time herself, and prefers to carefully note down the reactions of her victims. She doesn’t necessarily kill them, believes incapacitation to be even more interesting, since it means, she has to work with more precision.
During Era 2 Lena participated in a few scams, the largest one being Alleyzon where she and a few others members stole a whole plane full of goods. Afterwards she joined Gonev and Pry to rescue Pry’s siblings from Crow.

Mike

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Mike Austen (aka Mustafa Marcus Martha Mario Maverick Mary Micky Mich Morgan Melaku Macik Maurice Megan  Moses Mac Monica Molly Maddy Maddona Magento Maco Makie Malikia)

Physical characteristics: dark hair, tan, well-built for a teen, lanky, brown eyes, seven spikes in his chest

Investiture: spiked: can change parts of his body into animal parts (fox, cat, squirrel, wolf, porcupine, snake, squid, salmon) (?)

Weakness: easy target for emotional allomancy due to his spikes, panically afraid of Ark and any (known) members of the DA

Character: shy and quiet, tries to keep to the background, very passionate about avenging his dead friend.

Special skills and Weapons: assassination (average) (40), melee weapons (average) (35)

Family: two younger brothers (David, Garrus), parents are still alive and they all live in a village close to Alleycity

Home: Alleycity

History/Biography: Mike grew up in Alleycity. One day he was on his way through the city with his best friend and they were robbed. His friend died on his way to the hospital and Mike swore he would avenge him. He joined the Ghostbloods for this reason and they started to train him. During one of his last trainings he saw the councilmember Ark for the first time and mistook him for the man, that had killed his friend. He tried to assassinate Ark and failed. Mr. Itiah claimed Mike had acted on his order, to show the class that you couldn’t let your guard down even for a moment. This saved Mike’s life, but Ark still ordered him to go to his friend KoTiel and offer himself for an experiment. KoTiel spiked Mike several times and afterwards sent him back to Ark. Ark questioned Mike about his powers, but Mr. Itiah stepped in a second time and ordered Mike to his sleeping quarters and assigned him therapy sessions.

Didnt I put Mike there? Pretty sure I did. Oh well, I'll check again. 

13 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Blessing wouldn't add anything, all Kandra have one, and would therefore be part of it.

According to the index it would be a lot less.

Edited by Ark1002

Here’s my (hopefully) final version of my character. :D

Spoiler

Name: Evaya Favelle (nicknamed Eve)

Physical Characteristics:
Female, tall with piercing light green eyes, has blonde hair with a streak of black that’s usually worn up in a bun. 

Investiture: Elsecaller of the 3rd Ideal, spren named Sepia

Skills:
Taught herself throwing knives, has a pretty good aim.

Excellent penmanship with both glyphs and women’s script.

Equipment:
Shardblade, which often forms as a knife or dagger.

Weaknesses:
Intense claustrophobia, virtually no hand-to-hand combat skills.

Family: None

Birthplace: Alethkar, Roshar

Backstory:

Evaya was abandoned at an Alethi orphanage as a baby. Her childhood was for the most part uneventful. However, the few time she got in trouble she was locked up in a broom closet as punishment, giving her a deep-seated fear of cramped spaces for the rest of her life. She bonded her spren when she was in her late teens, and ended up working as a scribe at a nearby spanreed center. Her life was comfortable but dull. One day Evaya was exploring Shadesmar, got lost, and ended up in the Alleyverse. Evaya realized that she had no real connection to her previous life in Alethkar and decided that she could use a change of location. She’s been living in Alleycity for the past few months.

Guild/Affiliation: None yet

Personality: Practical, intelligent, and endlessly curious, she is cool-headed and tries to think logically to counteract her impulsive streak.

Appearence:

Spoiler

AC400FC6-400B-4811-8290-222E4631B54D.thumb.jpeg.7e2d4c818bbc734ce7df40600adca2c8.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Marzipan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Female, tall with piercing light green eyes, has blonde hair with a streak of black that’s usually worn up in a bun. 

Skills:

Equipment:

Weaknesses:

Backstory:

Evaya was abandoned at an Alethi orphanage as a baby. Her childhood was for the most part uneventful. However, the few time she got in trouble she was locked up in a broom closet as punishment, giving her a deep-seated fear of cramped spaces for the rest of her life. She bonded her spren when she was in her late teens, and ended up working as a scribe at a nearby spanreed center. Her life was comfortable but dull. One day Evaya was exploring Shadesmar, got lost, and ended up in the Alleyverse. Evaya realized that she had no real connection to her previous life in Alethkar and decided that she could use a change of location. She’s been living in Alleycity for the past few months.

Personality: Practical, intelligent, and endlessly curious, she is cool-headed and tries to think logically to counteract her impulsive streak.

Appearence:

Reveal hidden contents

AC400FC6-400B-4811-8290-222E4631B54D.thumb.jpeg.7e2d4c818bbc734ce7df40600adca2c8.jpeg

Great! There’s just one problem. Radiants were upped in points. Third ideals are now 160 minus any effects your brokenness brought. So this character is quite likely OP. If they were second ideal, they would be fine 

18 minutes ago, Marzipan said:

Hide contents

Skills:

Equipment:

Weaknesses:

Backstory:

Appearence:

Reveal hidden contents

Ok, can I ask what the last 2 oaths she swore were? And what kind of impact they had on her?

The more restrictive/difficult the oaths were to swear for her the more points they would take off. At maximum we are dealing with about 145 magic points, but if the oaths were more restrictive they would take away more points.

I would say that the claustrophobia is worth about 20 points, assuming its triggered by spaces smaller than a hallway in a house, and that she can still kind of function in those kind of places.

You can raise the value of the weakness by making it more crippling, or by increasing the amount of time it is triggered.