Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, beantheboy12 said:

Hey there! I was just looking at the index and noticing a few strange things about it that maybe should be modified.

A half shard shield and a shardblade are both rated thirty points. Half shards are way worse then shardblades. We should probably nerf their points

Not all radiants are as strong as each other. Skybreakers are better than windrunners, and windrunners are better than bondsmiths. Maybe we should make seperate rating for each radiant from now on. (I am perfectly willing to do any of this stuff)

An allomantic gold granting spike is +40. Gold is the third worst misting ability. Even a full lashing which is 25 would be better than that.

Maybe we should just by a little bit nerf Iron allomancy's point value. It may be combat useful and I know it could mess with the misting rating system, but it is by no means better than steel. The number of lurchers in the alleyverse is far lower than coinshots as evidence.

If these aren't big enough issues, then by all means don't bother with them. I understand that the mods are busy right now and I feel like these aren't as important issues as character approval and all. And like I said, I am willing to do all the work these changes would require. My schedule has been freed up a lot and I don't know what to do with these extra hours I have. Thank you for listening!

Yeah we noticed this actually. I did a revision of parts of the index before I was a mod and showed them to the mods, but we never got around to adding them to the index. 

I will say that I completely reworked the radiant section, but I decided to keep all the different orders at the same value. The idea is that while the index is combat slanted, it needs to take into account general usefulness. And all of the orders have similar usefulness imo  

I forget my edits to the half shards and stuff, but I did do heavy revision. 

Also the hemalurgic spikes are completely redone, essentially they act as if you had been given the ability normally with a few point deductions. 

I also reworked the nalthis section, because the way it’s laid out is kind of weird.

I will post my edits here in a day or two, I don’t have access to me PC right now so I can’t acces it. 

Lol beantheboy I was editing my post with that when you replied

As a mod, I can score weaknesses. @Marzipan I need to ask you a quick question about her claustrophobia. How severe is it? When will it be triggered and what effect will it have on her the more severe the more points it will take off. 

Also, I would encourage tying in the weakness to her back story. We know that all radiant are broken to some degree, and adding in that brokenness can really help flesh out a character. That isn’t required though.

@Darth Woodrack do not advertise guilds in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

I’d like to introduce my newest OP character, None! Please don’t get put off by the lack of weaknesses :lol:

Hide contents

Name: None

Investiture: None

Strengths: None

Weaknesses: None

Backstory: None

How does it look? :P 

Let’s see... I’d do +0 for investiture, +0 for skills, and -0 for weaknesses. It needs more weaknesses 

25 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Gah! My secret has been figured out! Drat.

Would you settle if I took out the ‘one’ and just left him as ‘N’?

You thought you could trick me. 

BUT YOU CANT! :P 

You never said that the letter needed to be the beginning of the word. 

Clearly you have changed him from nigh omnipotent to just Omnipotent. 

Could you score this guy? I tried and failed

On 2/19/2019 at 4:26 PM, FatherTiempo said:

Name: Askaldar

Physical Characteristic: Horizontal scars running across his cheeks. Long fingers, and very flexible toes.

Investiture: Mistborn

Skills: Complete Allomantical powers. Flexible toes allow him to pick up things with his feet. {tell me that isn’t going to be useful} An eye for design (actually two eyes, but you get the idea.)

Equipment: Mistcloak (not really useful but it looks so cool.), coin pouch, and obsidian knife.

Weakness: He follows the moral law (for all intents and purposes of surviving on the streets, this is a weakness. But to be clear I don’t think following the moral law and being nice is weakness, and neither does Askaldar.) He doesn’t like killing people, it hurts too much. He won’t attack someone when they’re down, unless someone else is in danger. He won’t hurt innocent people. He gets really cranky when he hasn’t eaten or slept in a while. Doesn’t use the complete scope of his Allomantic powers. He doesn't use Chromium, Nicrosil, Aluminum, Duralumin, Cadmium, Cerrobend, Gold, Electrum and he doesn't use Atium because it's hard to come by in the Alleyverse. (I'm not even counting Larasium since I'm not even that far in the Mistborn series.) He's also not very good with Zinc, Brass, Copper, or Bronze.

Family: Father: A skaa craftsman named Crummel. He worked in the cloth trade as a designer of clothes for nobility. (See the eye for design part?) 
Mother: Meira helps Askaldar’s father in the trade. 
Sister: Kilara had married and left a few years before Askaldar came to the Alleyverse. 

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Askaldar’s family lived in the countryside, privileged skaa working under a plantation master who saw the benefit of utilizing Askaldar’s Father’s skills.  One day Askaldar was walking down a road in the countryside, he saw a suspicious group of men with iron spikes in their eyes and carrying large plates covered in metal foil. Recognizing them as inquisitors, Askaldar followed them and the sweet smell coming from the plates. The inquisitors opened a door into the air. It was like the fabric of the world was torn and a hole was opened. Askaldar followed them through. He saw a blinding blue light and fell. When the light cleared he saw a different world, without ash. The steel inquisitors turned on the commotion and fired at him. In the split second Askaldar snapped. he came into his full mistborn power. Unfortunately, he did not have any understanding of his power. He burned steel instinctively pushing on the coins, but it wasn’t enough and the coins slashed into his face. But fear took over and Askaldar pulled wrenching the foil off the plate then pushed sending the metal into the face of a steel inquisitor. He pulled on the coins that had passed behind him jumped over them and pushed them into the other inquisitors. As these were only Dark Alley inquisitors and were more in the line of baking dark arts, as apposed to hemalurgy dark arts, they ran. Askaldar picked himself from where he had fallen. Behind him the door was closing. He jumped toward it but paused. He had heard enough stories to know he was an Allomancer, and what they did to Skaa misting’s and mistborn. He decided to stay in the land with the strange sun. And became homeless in the Alleyverse

Guild: Unknown

Psyche: Hates killing people because it hurts too much too see someone drained of life. Won’t commit crimes because of his morality. He wants people to believe the truth about him. And he feel hurt when they think he did something he really didn’t (Unless its cool, then he feels guilty.) If you met him you would think of him as nice, always wanting to walk the extra mile for you, and he wants to help. He suffers from guilt for years if he’s done something wrong, or if he missed an opportunity. Now however he is trying to keep moving and to stop thinking of what could have happened and react to what did happen. He hate people who hurt innocents and enjoys giving them what they deserve, and feels only a little guilty for enjoying it so much.

Personality: Introverted, quiet. He tries to make people feel comfortable. He has a wry sense of humor. He is analytical, and tries to be helpful to people. 
Appearance: Hazel eyes, with strong features. Tall and lithe, his scars aren’t very deep but they still are visible.

Theme Song: Danse Macabre and Carnival of the Animals Saint-Saens (you’ve got to listen to them.)

Fighting Style: He uses almost exclusively Iron pulling and steel pushing, with pewter. He avoids hand to hand he doesn’t have much experience besides a few tussle he had back home, but he will fight savagely if he or someone else is threatened.

This is my final character sheet for Askaldar.

Notes:

I would place total weaknesses at -85, -10 for personality and psyche, and -75 because he can't use half of the Allomantic metals, is bad at another fourth and there are virtually no God metals in the Alleyverse. Total skills would be about +200 I think. Entirely, around about 140-150 points.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:19 PM, beantheboy12 said:

I don't know how to score this so if you think my scoring is annoying, just don't click on the spoiler ;) I think I can logically put this through though.

Reveal hidden contents

The thing is, the enhancement and temporal metals aren't quite as useful as each other. Based on the index, there are level one, two, and three metals.

Level One: Brass, Bronze, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Gold, Malatium, Nicrosil, Tin, Zinc.

Level Two: Bendalloy, Electrum, Iron, Steel, Pewter

Level Three: Atium

We're leaving god metals out of it completely because I think extra atium for a mist born is points.

Anyway, excluding malatium, you are still only leaving out mostly level one metals. They should count less. Here's a logic system I'm gonna show you.

Level two metals rated from best to worst: (in my opinion)

Pewter

Steel

Bendalloy

Iron

Electrum

Level one metals rated from best to worst: (once again, in my opinion)

Cadmium

Chromium

Tin

Nicrosil

Duralumin

Brass

Zinc

Copper

Bronze

Gold

Aluminum

That seems like a relatively fair lineup from best to worst thinking of combat. Now I am going to divide the total score of a mistborn into 16 incremental parts and rate each metal with pewter having the highest score and Aluminum having nothing.

The equation I used is 10m/7 where m is the distance from nicrosil all metals below it and subtracted that from 10. (160/16) I give it to it's inverse (aluminum -> pewter)

Getting this:

Pewter 10 + (7)10/7 = 20

Steel 10 + (6)10/7 = ~18.6

Bendalloy 10 + (5)10/7 = ~17.2

Iron 10 + (4)10/7 = ~15.7

Electrum 10 + (3)10/7 = ~14.3

Cadmium 10 + (2)10/7 = ~12.9

Chromium 10 + (1)10/7 = ~11.4

Tin 10 (These are equal to ease my calculation) 

Nicrosil 10

Duralumin 10 - (1)10/7 = ~8.6

Brass 10 - (2)10/7 = ~7.1

Zinc 10 - (3)10/7 = ~5.7

Copper 10 - (4)10/7 = ~4.3

Bronze 10 - (5)10/7 = ~2.9

Gold 10 - (6)10/7 = ~1.4

Aluminum = 0

Now if we remove the ones you don't use, then we get this:

Pewter 10 + (7)10/7 = 20

Steel 10 + (6)10/7 = ~18.6

Iron 10 + (4)10/7 = ~15.7

Tin 10 (These are equal to ease my calculation) 

Brass 10 - (2)10/7 = ~7.1

Zinc 10 - (3)10/7 = ~5.7

Copper 10 - (4)10/7 = ~4.3

Bronze 10 - (5)10/7 = ~2.9

20 + 18.6 + 15.7 + 7.1 + 5.7 + 4.3 + 2.9 = 74.3 

This result was actually a surprise to me. I thought that the number would be higher than that. That means I just proved my own counterargument wrong :P

I don't know. Talk to Voidus and Meeker. Mistborn never had access to the speed bubbles and chromium/nicrosil anyway. I don't know how to calculate this at all.

Conclusion: I GIVE UP!

Now that I have time, To my unapproved characters: Silva Rey's obsessive nature means that she once she starts something, she has a really hard time stopping it, unless someone drags her away from it.

To Sarah. Ummm... Walker is overprotective of her, and I will add that to his weaknesses, when I get around to finishing those, some time this weekend. Also, you could add in an over explorative nature, and if somebody tells her not to do something, she immediately wants to do it. So, she's a teenager.

I don’t think it would be a weakness. There are four aspects to being a drab:

easily sick

more dull

not detectable by lifesense

has no lifesense (can’t tell when people are watching them). 

No one gets sick in the RP, and being more dull as a person isn’t exactly something that would be worth anything in terms of point values. If I saw that on a weakness sheet I wouldn’t subtract anything for it. 

I would say the last two cancel each other out. Being undetectable by lifesense means that people can’t detent when you are there, this can also apply a little bit to non nalthisian’s, even though they don’t have breaths. This is canceled out in my opinion by not having a lifesense. Can’t tell when people are around you instinctively, can’t tell when people are watching you. 

Edited by MacThorstenson

Alright here's another character from me (at some point I'm going to stop creating characters, but today is not that day).

Spoiler

Name: Tasa Tenii

Physical Characteristics: A short (by Alethi standards, at least), bookish woman who prefers to stay in dark rooms with only a small light to read/write/study
by.

Investiture: 4th Ideal Lightweaver (120)

Skills: Skilled in Scholarship (30)

Equipment: A book of referencial pictures for Lightweaving purposes, a journal, a map, drawing supplies.

Weakness: Will randomly hallucinate vividly enough to where it is nearly impossible to tell where reality has given way to delusion. In rare cases, she'll
notice that something has done a complete 180 or that she's in enough of a different place that there's no way it's real, but she is still powerless to 
break free.

Family: Dead in a border skirmish between Alethi highprinces. 

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: She was almost an Elsecaller, but ended up bonding a Cryptic (Tala) instead. By this point, she was already self-sufficient, and while she is
a 4th Ideal, it is mostly because she knows herself well and was thus able to offer Truths easily to Tala. 

Guild: We'll see...

Personality: Erratic, prefers not to use her powers where possible, has an obsession with scaring people.

Theme Song: Aviators - All Hallows

Fighting Style: Ranged (read: laser beams from Lightweaving) or basic Shardblade stuff.

6 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

@Invocation, this character would be guaranteed good, except you need 50 points of skill. So add 20 points and hope that your weakness is enough to balance your character out.

You don’t actually need 50 points of skill. 50 points is just the max. 

@Invocation I’m going to hold off on ranking this character for another day or two, sorry. The radiant portion of the index will be Redone  tmrw, and 4th oath radiants will be a lot more points. I don’t want to rate this character to have to re-do it tmrw. 

On 7/22/2018 at 9:07 PM, Voidus said:

The recommended cap for a character is 150 points. 100 of these may be used for points from any category, like magic. 50 of the points may only be used for skills

The index says that 50 must be used on skills. If the max was 50, why do we have 60 point skills?

5 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Also, everyone who isn't from that planet is automatically a drab, so there is that.

NutiketAiel (paraphrased)

If a native of Sel or another Shardworld traveled to Nalthis, would they be a drab?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No, they would not be a drab. But, no one would be able to take their Breath.

If such a person died on Nalthis, could they Return?

No, they cannot Return.

If such a person received breath, could they use BioChroma?

Yes

19 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

The index says that 50 must be used on skills. If the max was 50, why do we have 60 point skills?

Yes, this only means that you can't take those fifty skill and then use them to gain more power. Think of it like this. You have to cups, where one is taller than the other. You pour water into them both. The taller cup can fit power, and the shorter can fit skill. When you fill up the taller cup, the overflow falls into the skill cup, but the skill cup, as it is shorter, cannot overflow into the power cup. You don't have to fill up the cups, but you can.

Just to say this; the thing you just said was the main argument against the point system. Just because you have extra points, doesn't mean you have to use them. So, you character is fine, as long as they have a twenty point weakness, or are non combative.