Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

An additional Era 3 character.

Spoiler

Name: Edahs

Investiture/Skills: Made of a fluid black (cognitive) substance. Can control the shape of the substance and make it hard if he wishes. Can also produce “shadow-acid” from his skin, which can eat through almost anything. It is less effective on living creatures, but causes great pain upon contact. Feeds on free Investiture, but can consume souls if given consent.

Weakness: Like a Shade, he destroys and is destroyed by silver.

Physical Characteristics: Human shaped, zero features.

Family: None

Home: Alleycity.

Backstory: Edahs comes from a fusion between two beings, a dark blob and a man named Rotcennoc. The dark blob was created to be pure pain. It was thrown out of the mind where it had resided and had stalked around the alleycity, feeding off spare Investiture. Rotcennoc lived in the North Sea and was trying to execute an attempt to take over the world. He was thwarted, but escaped. He ran into the dark blob after his escape, and as he didn’t want to get eaten, offered to combine their powers.

Spoiler

Name: Cakuin Noriki

Powers: A “vampire”. She has an extreme sensitivity to sunlight, it doesn’t kill her, but she can’t go out in the sun without going unconscious. She also has twice the strength and one and a half times the reaction time of a normal person at most times. She can drain blood from people to gain enhanced strength, reaction, and to heal herself extremely quickly. Otherwise, she doesn’t need it to survive. A Warder bond with Ciera Jigdens.

Lemme explain: So basically, she was transformed into a vampire by a device (one of the God Weapons). It looks like a mask made of stone, with a slot in the forehead for something. The mask is etched with strange characters, and is a ter’angreal that transforms anyone who spills blood on it while wearing it into a vampire (with the characteristics described above) I’m currently developing this (along with some other God Weapons) for a thing later. This is just a casualty of the thing that’s happening.

Skills: Very good at hand to hand combat, parkour, and fighting armed opponents. Ok with knives, swords, and handguns.

Physical characteristics: As a vampire, Cakuin doesn’t look any stronger than a normal human. In fact, she looks skinny. She wears a crop-top purple T-shirt with Aon Reo on it and tight black leggings under a dark red coat. Her hair is shaved on one side, but left to chin length on the other and she has dark blue eyes.

Weaknesses: The sun (duh). She’s horrible with larger weapons, can’t drive, Extremely loyal to Ciera. Will do anything to find and kill those who turned her into a vampire. She is harmed by gaseous Investiture (Mists, Stormlight, Voidlight, etc.) and is burned when she touches it. She also cannot handle Stormlight infused gems, and is harmed by hitting or being hit by Surgebinders holding Light. She also cannot be healed by Investiture fueled methods, or channeler Healing.

Personality: Cakuin’s personality totally changed after being turned into a vampire. Where she once was happy and upbeat all the time, she is now much more reserved and dark. She is still humorous, albeit in a different way.

History: Cakuin was born in the Alleycity, but left the city with her parents when she was three, because of the Seven Day War. She ended up in Khoinar, and lived there with her parents until she was 14, at which point she struck found a worldhopping group on their way to the Alleycity. She traveled with them, learning from them about almost everything. Then, when she was 18 they traveled to the Westlands, and a mysterious being killed all of them, except her. The creature slapped a mask on her face, and wiped the blood of one of her comrades on it. She lost consciousness, and when she woke up, she was in a cell. Over time, she began to notice changes to herself. She was stronger, faster, and had better reflexes. She didn’t need to eat or drink very often, as he captors only fed her once a week. Then the tests began. First, a dead man was tossed into her cell, and she was told to consume his blood. She somehow knew what she had to do, and did so. Over time, she discovered the full extent of her abilities. Eventually, she managed to escape, and found herself in the Scadrian Roughs. She found her way to Ciera’s summer house in the Roughs, and collapsed, wounded and dehydrated. Ciera tried to use normal Healing, but it didn’t work. She eventually bonded Cakuin as a Warder to see if that would help, and Cakuin woke up, muttering about blood. Ciera eventually deduced what Cakuin wanted, and let Cakuin drink a bit of her blood. They traveled to the Alleycity and the rest is history.

Updated with new weaknesses.

@Lord Meeker  @MacThorstenson @Voidus

Edited by Dr. Dapper

Hi I'm super new to this and wildly inexperienced but I gather this is the place to post character profiles. See below, and please let me know if I need to alter anything! I tried to hide the text like others have been doing - not sure if I actually managed it. :P 

Spoiler

Name: Lita Attar

Physical Characteristics: Female, 24, average height (~64 inches), slender build. Long auburn hair, usually braided over one shoulder. Lightish skin, olive tones. Hazel green eyes, large, widely spaced. Rounded face with pointed chin.

Investiture: Hereditary, Twinborn: A-Tin, F-Brass

Skills: Intermediate poison mixing (and other apothecary skills), Skilled at covert surveillance but never formally trained in true spycraft. She is Smart, above-average.

Equipment: Metal vials, brass arm-bands (2) worn constantly and three brass ear cuffs (not pierced), 2 on right ear, 1 on left. Wears glasses when not burning tin, keeps them on her person at all times. She stores warmth ambiently when not burning tin and is therefore always slightly cold. She is usually wearing a large thick coat or fur wrap. 

Weakness: Has very poor eyesight when not burning tin and she requires thick glasses. She taps brass when burning tin to avoid feeling cold, which means she is unaccustomed to temperature sensitivity while burning tin. Has zero combat skills, is quite small and weak. Lita has a severe prejudice against Terris people, stemming from her mother abandoning her, despite being half Terris herself. She is lactose-intolerant, and currently looking for a cure.

Family: Mother not in picture but is Terris, father is named Conrad, lives in Elendel, no siblings she knows of, no children or spouse

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Lita was born illegitimately to Conrad Attarre and her unknown mother in one of Elendel’s poorer Octants. Her mother, ashamed that she had conceived with someone who wasn’t Terris, refused to acknowledge her daughter and cut the both of them off. Conrad operated a Soothing parlour, and when Lita was revealed to be a Twinborn, her father enlisted her to keep tin-enhanced eyes and ears on the patrons without them knowing. No one knew she was a Tineye, believing her to be only a Brass Ferring, and her large spectacles kept everyone off their guard. After she caught one of her father’s patrons conducting illicit business in the Soothing parlour, she confronted him. When she realized he was rather highly placed in one of the Octant constabulary forces, she decided to offer her services as a Tineye to him, in exchange for pay (and silence). This worked for a while, but the man eventually decided to rid himself of this liability by trying to frame Conrad for the illicit business he himself was conducting.

Lita poisoned the man and made sure everyone knew it was her work, leaving her father free of accusation. She fled Elendel, heading south until she met a group worldhoppers, two of them Malwish, and unlike her father they found her Brass Feruchemy highly valuable. They offered to pay her to fill several heat Excisors, and invited her to join them if she wanted to. When the group passed through the Alleyverse she decided to stay. She changed her name from Attarre to Attar, hoping she could blend into the sea of faces and peoples in Alleycity and start over. She takes odd jobs, fills heat Excisors, and mixes the occasional poison. Lita will also sometimes “professionally eavesdrop” and conduct white-collar espionage.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Largely friendly and eager to get along with most people. She does not trust easily, but she does enjoy company, so she simply does not reveal much about herself. Not particularly empathetic, but not cold. After a childhood of relative scarcity, Lita loves the finer things in life - especially anything warm and soft. Because she grew up with her Soother father, she does not have an inherent wariness/dislike of emotional allomancy. She loves lavish parties and events, and will jump at any chance to attend them. Lita is somewhat self-absorbed, but cares deeply about her inner circle.

50 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Hi I'm super new to this and wildly inexperienced but I gather this is the place to post character profiles. See below, and please let me know if I need to alter anything! I tried to hide the text like others have been doing - not sure if I actually managed it. :P 

Hide contents

Physical Characteristics: Female, 24, average height (~64 inches), slender build. Long auburn hair, usually braided over one shoulder. Lightish skin, olive tones. Hazel green eyes, large, widely spaced. Rounded face with pointed chin.

Skills: Intermediate poison mixing (and other apothecary skills), Skilled at covert surveillance but never formally trained in true spycraft. She is Smart, above-average.

Equipment: Metal vials, brass arm-bands (2) worn constantly and three brass ear cuffs (not pierced), 2 on right ear, 1 on left. Wears glasses when not burning tin, keeps them on her person at all times. She stores warmth ambiently when not burning tin and is therefore always slightly cold. She is usually wearing a large thick coat or fur wrap. 

Weakness: Has very poor eyesight when not burning tin and she requires thick glasses. She taps brass when burning tin to avoid feeling cold, which means she is unaccustomed to temperature sensitivity while burning tin. Has zero combat skills, is quite small and weak. Lita has a severe prejudice against Terris people, stemming from her mother abandoning her, despite being half Terris herself. She is lactose-intolerant, and currently looking for a cure.

Family: Mother not in picture but is Terris, father is named Conrad, lives in Elendel, no siblings she knows of, no children or spouse

Backstory: Lita was born illegitimately to Conrad Attarre and her unknown mother in one of Elendel’s poorer Octants. Her mother, ashamed that she had conceived with someone who wasn’t Terris, refused to acknowledge her daughter and cut the both of them off. Conrad operated a Soothing parlour, and when Lita was revealed to be a Twinborn, her father enlisted her to keep tin-enhanced eyes and ears on the patrons without them knowing. No one knew she was a Tineye, believing her to be only a Brass Ferring, and her large spectacles kept everyone off their guard. After she caught one of her father’s patrons conducting illicit business in the Soothing parlour, she confronted him. When she realized he was rather highly placed in one of the Octant constabulary forces, she decided to offer her services as a Tineye to him, in exchange for pay (and silence). This worked for a while, but the man eventually decided to rid himself of this liability by trying to frame Conrad for the illicit business he himself was conducting.

Lita poisoned the man and made sure everyone knew it was her work, leaving her father free of accusation. She fled Elendel, heading south until she met a group worldhoppers, two of them Malwish, and unlike her father they found her Brass Feruchemy highly valuable. They offered to pay her to fill several heat Excisors, and invited her to join them if she wanted to. When the group passed through the Alleyverse she decided to stay. She changed her name from Attarre to Attar, hoping she could blend into the sea of faces and peoples in Alleycity and start over. She takes odd jobs, fills heat Excisors, and mixes the occasional poison. Lita will also sometimes “professionally eavesdrop” and conduct white-collar espionage.

Personality: Largely friendly and eager to get along with most people. She does not trust easily, but she does enjoy company, so she simply does not reveal much about herself. Not particularly empathetic, but not cold. After a childhood of relative scarcity, Lita loves the finer things in life - especially anything warm and soft. Because she grew up with her Soother father, she does not have an inherent wariness/dislike of emotional allomancy. She loves lavish parties and events, and will jump at any chance to attend them. Lita is somewhat self-absorbed, but cares deeply about her inner circle.

You managed just fine:P

Welcome! I see you've found the best place on the shard, nothing else to say.

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Holy flipping cow! That's at least in the 85th percentile of bios. Well done!

Edited by beantheboy12

2 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Holy flipping cow! That's at least in the 85th percentile of bios. Well done!

One suggestion: Change your guild affiliation to TUBA. :P

As Voidus has thread, please don't use these threads to recruit for guilds.

2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I know I'm really excited actually! It's a banner day for me, literally doesn't get any better.

Yeah! I highly recommend you check out the Odd Job Tavern, seems like a fitting place for your character.

My scoring isn't official, but here's how I'd score yours. 

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: Female, 24, average height (~64 inches), slender build. Long auburn hair, usually braided over one shoulder. Lightish skin, olive tones. Hazel green eyes, large, widely spaced. Rounded face with pointed chin.

Investiture: Hereditary, Twinborn: A-Tin [+35], F-Brass [+30]

Skills: Intermediate poison mixing (and other apothecary skills) [+15], Skilled at covert surveillance but never formally trained in true spycraft [+20]. She is Smart, above-average. [+15]

Equipment: Metal vials, brass arm-bands (2) worn constantly and three brass ear cuffs (not pierced), 2 on right ear, 1 on left. Wears glasses when not burning tin, keeps them on her person at all times. She stores warmth ambiently when not burning tin and is therefore always slightly cold. She is usually wearing a large thick coat or fur wrap. 

Weakness: Has very poor eyesight when not burning tin and she requires thick glasses [-5]. She taps brass when burning tin to avoid feeling cold, which means she is unaccustomed to temperature sensitivity while burning tin [-5]. Has zero combat skills [-5 all characters start out with vague training], is quite small and weak. Lita has a severe prejudice against Terris people, stemming from her mother abandoning her, despite being half Terris herself. She is lactose-intolerant, and currently looking for a cure.

Family: Mother not in picture but is Terris, father is named Conrad, lives in Elendel, no siblings she knows of, no children or spouse 

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Lita was born illegitimately to Conrad Attarre and her unknown mother in one of Elendel’s poorer Octants. Her mother, ashamed that she had conceived with someone who wasn’t Terris, refused to acknowledge her daughter and cut the both of them off. Conrad operated a Soothing parlour, and when Lita was revealed to be a Twinborn, her father enlisted her to keep tin-enhanced eyes and ears on the patrons without them knowing. No one knew she was a Tineye, believing her to be only a Brass Ferring, and her large spectacles kept everyone off their guard. After she caught one of her father’s patrons conducting illicit business in the Soothing parlour, she confronted him. When she realized he was rather highly placed in one of the Octant constabulary forces, she decided to offer her services as a Tineye to him, in exchange for pay (and silence). This worked for a while, but the man eventually decided to rid himself of this liability by trying to frame Conrad for the illicit business he himself was conducting.

Lita poisoned the man and made sure everyone knew it was her work, leaving her father free of accusation. She fled Elendel, heading south until she met a group worldhoppers, two of them Malwish, and unlike her father they found her Brass Feruchemy highly valuable. They offered to pay her to fill several heat Excisors, and invited her to join them if she wanted to. When the group passed through the Alleyverse she decided to stay. She changed her name from Attarre to Attar, hoping she could blend into the sea of faces and peoples in Alleycity and start over. She takes odd jobs, fills heat Excisors, and mixes the occasional poison. Lita will also sometimes “professionally eavesdrop” and conduct white-collar espionage.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Largely friendly and eager to get along with most people. She does not trust easily, but she does enjoy company, so she simply does not reveal much about herself. Not particularly empathetic, but not cold. After a childhood of relative scarcity, Lita loves the finer things in life - especially anything warm and soft. Because she grew up with her Soother father, she does not have an inherent wariness/dislike of emotional allomancy. She loves lavish parties and events, and will jump at any chance to attend them. Lita is somewhat self-absorbed, but cares deeply about her inner circle.

Total: 100

You could probably fit in some extra kind of investiture here. Such as allomantic pewter. But keep in mind, my scoring is not official. I just try to help out though. 

Once again, well done on the bio!

@ZincAboutIt @Lord Meeker

Edited by beantheboy12

3 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

You could probably fit in some extra kind of investiture here. Such as allomantic pewter. But keep in mind, my scoring is not official. I just try to help out though. 

@ZincAboutIt @Lord Meeker

Thanks! I want to give her some room to grow or collect cool things that might up her investiture rating. I really like this character and I don't want to have to edit her very much on the outset. I generally like characters that are more behind-the-scenes and not super powerful. Plus if she had Pewter I would have to make her fight, and I hate writing combat lol. She's got a good opinion of emotional allomancy so she may go in for H-Zinc, or maybe H-Brass which would let her compound. We'll see! :) 

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Hide contents

Allow me to echo the sentiment that this is an awesome character profile, especially for your first one. I love seeing non-combat characters :D

This is defniitely within limits but just to give a precise rating:

Allomantic tin + Feruchemical brass = 65 M

Poison making + Intelligence + Spying = 25 + 15 + 20 = 60

Weaknesses = -30

Total = 95

5 hours ago, JacobClaessen said:

@Voidus, the results for Allak might be a bit different if you had the correct bio in your post. Also, the current Silas is no longer in possession of his armor or his F-Steel spike.

Feel free to campaign for your character, I was posting the most recent version I'd seen and it's a little buried now so I assume that people probably aren't referring to it any more. As usual I can change votes for people if they change their minds.

11 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Seems cool. I would remove the almost sanyhting part na dmake the acid a bit less powerful, but if the mods say he's fine i will be mad, because there is no way tat Wraith is more powerful than that it will be horrible fine.

Wraith was an intangibility Epic, I might have more respect for them than the average Sharder due to experience in RP but an intangible Epic who can still hurt you while intangible is insanely overpowered. If anything I'm not sure I rated it high enough still.

6 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Dear mods,

Do you accept bribes How are you doing?

PM me if you do Thanks Bye!

Yes Not officially, no.

I know there were a few others waiting, will be getting to them shortly but they're all a bit more detailed so will need to be on a desktop for those.

8 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Allow me to echo the sentiment that this is an awesome character profile, especially for your first one. I love seeing non-combat characters :D

This is defniitely within limits but just to give a precise rating:

Allomantic tin + Feruchemical brass = 65 M

Poison making + Intelligence + Spying = 25 + 15 + 20 = 60

Weaknesses = -30

Total = 95

Thank you so much! I'm really excited to get started!! :) 

2 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Hide contents

Hello and welcome!

I like her backstory a lot!

Should your character ever need new poisons just drop by mine. Lena is always happy to share :P