Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I've decided on my new character ^_^

X:

Hide contents

Name: Experiment X139 (X)

Home Planet: Scadrial

Species: Koloss

Investiture: Dahkor Monk

Sex: Female

Affiliation: None (Formerly Syndicate Omega)

Skills: Extremely endearing, can throw a mean left hook

Weaknesses: Unintelligent, clumsy, only has basic linguistic skills, scared of needles and advanced technology

Equipment: Vibrasword (Koloss sword, blade vibrates, making it so it doesn't get stuck and does more damage), modified heart.

Backstory: She was an experiment of Syndicate Omega, part of the X line, experiments that mixed Hemalurgy with other systems, especially ones that changed the body. As X139, she was the second to last in the line, and was therefore a more stable experiment. They decided to keep her as an assistant. As usual, they were lacking in security, and she escaped, a Ghostblood on vacation taking her to the Alleyverse. She now works for the Ghostbloods, but dreams of a better place, where everyone was new.

@Lord Meeker

Edited by Ark1002

So, @Lord Meeker, as a result of some worldbuilding I've been doing for the South Pole and the Goldhaven Mountains, there is a couple of new species that need added to the index for the species in the Alleyverse that can be RPed. Would you mind if I did that?

Edit: Or @MacThorstenson @Kidpen @Nohadon @Voidus

Edited by Ark1002

On 7/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, Voidus said:

(Firstborn)

TBC

@Lord Meeker, this should be changed to

On 7/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, Voidus said:

Unknown Galaxy (Firstborn)

Personal Shield +45

I just read Firstborn, and it is sci-fi. That is the only thing in it we could reasonably use. It prevents anything from barrage of laser fire to barrage of bullets, unharmed.

EDIT: Or, @Voidus, @Kidpen, @Nohadon, @MacThorstenson

Edited by Ark1002

Alrighty then, guess I’m doing this, this guy may be overpowered, depends on what y’all decide his limitations ought to be.

Spoiler

Name: Johnny Nolastname

Appearance: About what you’d expect your average, white, brown-haired, 15 year old kid from Arizona to look like when he’s been thrown into a world like this. Dark blue eyes. 5’ 10”. Likes blue jackets. Always losing them.

Ability: (Okay this is where he’s broken, let me know if this is okay XD) Cursed with “Protagonist’s Convenience” (his term for it), objects appear on him. No transition, no special effects. Suddenly there’s a bucket of popcorn in his hand and he has no idea where it came from. This applies for literally any object, vehicle, or clothing that affects him personally. He has no idea where he got this power, he can’t control it, he has yet to summon anything at a distance—no teleporting sticks of dynamite onto someone’s lap from 50 yards away—he honestly just wishes he knew how to get home.

tl;dr: While he has no innate skill, his equipment and armor can change without notice to convenience him, although he can’t control it.

Personality: Completely not in the mood for a fight. I like having some character development, so I’d like for him to go from “Panicked and scared” to “casually watching the show from the sidelines.” A complete teddy bear, doesn’t like hurting people, doesn’t like tension, but also doesn’t like massive jerks. Honestly just wants to live. 

Weaknesses: Has utterly no control over his powers. Things just happen. Sometimes they seem to happen just to make someone mad at him. He’s literally just a kid from Arizona, no skill, no powers, nothing special. His “plot armor” ability is the only reason he keeps on living. His panicky nature means that even if his ability summons something super useful, if he doesn’t have the presence of mind to use it, he can’t use it.

Backstory: He was a completely normal kid trying to survive Junior year in high school. Then he woke up in a world filled with abominations and dangerous individuals and things won’t stop randomly appearing on his person. His last name has a funny history. Back when last names were given to the people in Western Europe, his incredibly stubborn grandfather insisted that they have “No Last Name”. The guys in charge of recording the names put that down as his. It’s been passed down ever since.

Guild: Unaffiliated? Maybe those guys over at “Fortress Eternal” at some point. I’m totally new to this so, let’s see how this goes XD

Now, I’d like for his ability to not be limited to non-investiture items, because if for some reason he can’t pull out a shard blade to deflect someone’s attack, that just complicates the narrative surrounding how his powers work. I argue that it can balance out because (like Mr. Tarangavan’s excuse ;P) Johnny’s not looking for a fight. Add to that the fact that he has no innate abilities, so even if he’s suddenly holding metalminds, he won’t be able to use them. Purely a defensive/support character. If y’all insist that summoning magic stuff is a no-go, then that’s cool with me. :)

Edited by The Technovore

Welcome! I like the character.

Unfortunately, the magics used in the Alleyverse are all (with the exception of Warhammer 40k) magics that Brandon has written about. We don't really include any other sorts of powers, unless they've been included in a book he's written. But don't worry! That doesn't invalidate your character, since there are easy ways to link this guy's power to something Brandon's written, you'd just need to add some elements.

1. Your character could have a Boon/Bane from the Nightwatcher (from SA). This would allow him to have his power (as a boon), but would need for him to have some sort of curse in return. It would also need an explanation how he found the Nightwatcher, so maybe not this one.

2. You're character is an Epic (from the Reckoners) I like this explanation, as it would make most sense. You could say Calamity came one day, gave him these powers, and teleported him to the Alleyverse, without having to change anything save that little part in the backstory. You'd also have to have an Epic weakness, which can be anything, but would negate his powers.

But it's a good character, and I like the creativity with the power. :)

@The Technovore

Edited by I think I am here.

4 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

It sounds a bit like soulcasting so maybe you could be like a 2nd ideal Elsecaller with high experience in transformation.

He's not supposed to be able to control it, though. Maybe he was a highly experienced elsecaller, but had a head injury/amnesia? And now his subconscious is the one that soulcasts things out of midair to help him and he doesn't know why.

Edited by I think I am here.

Hi and welcome to the alleyverse Tech.  Is it ok if I call you Tech?  I like the idea of the character, and it doesn't seem OP at all to me.  I don't have much experience with characters, and I have a bit of a problem with creating OP characters.  I agree with ITIAH in that there should be a plausible explanation for his powers, and the idea of an epic works perfectly in my opinion.  It seems balanced, though you should really get voidus to give an opinion on it.  

Also, you really should join us over at Fortress Eternal.  It's a great place, and the guild is very active.  We could always use new members!

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

A Smedry Talent could also hypothetically work for this.

Oh, this is a really good point. With the talent of 'having things'? But then his last name would have to be Smedry, and we don't have his name as Nolastname. Also:

22 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Nolastname

Lusk is going to have a joyride with this. Max too.

On 08/02/2019 at 9:45 PM, beantheboy12 said:

Name: White Steel. (A nickname given by his third master.)

Physical Characteristics: Is an object. Made up of millions of strong (1.5 the sturdiness of steel) white microscopic components that can climb on each other, grab on to each other, and disconnect. Together, they form an armor like thing. (Think Iron man infinity war)

Investiture: Is a type IV bichromatic entity. Runs on stormlight, has a telepathic link with his master.

Skills:

• Adept at transforming quickly and on command.

• Has learned to intake, transport, and ignite gunpowder and use it in combat.

• Has a few small speakers inside of him that he can control to play any song, say any letter, or speak a basic word such as what, there, if.

Equipment: He is the equipment.

Weaknesses:

• Cannot move or fight unless connected to his master.

• Once he has chosen a master, he cannot leave him by his own decision.

• Will obey every command as well as he can that his master gives him.

• When a component breaks, it is disconnected from him. He cannot repair himself unless he is given stormlight and time.

• (If this character has room to be more powerful, I would like this weakness removed) He has one component, his core, which is about as strong as shardplate, but if is destroyed, he will lose all the breath in him and “die”

Family: His first master, Volaran, is dead. No real family though.

Home planet: Roshar

Guild: Tuba

Psyche: His command was to protect, obey, and serve his master. When Volaran was killed, he decided that whoever used him next would be his master.

Personality: Upbeat. Can feel no other emotion

Appearance: Most components are a dull white. Can take any shape. Has grey veins running through him when he is fueled with gunpowder. His core is a bright blue mixed with a bit of yellow.

Theme song: Wrecking ball. (He plays it whenever he is fighting)

Fighting style: Protect and provide weapons for his master.

Backstory:

A worldhopper named Volaran had discovered a perpendicularity and traveled between worlds frequently. During the battle of Thaylen Field, he saw in amazement Szeth wield nightblood and desperately wanted to make something to combat it in strength. So he returned to Nalthus and with a few gem hearts he stole from Roshar, he bought a thousand breaths and forged what he called, the armor.

He awakened it with the command, protect, obey, and serve your master. He then wore it to battle and began to become a renowned warrior. Unbeaten ever. But one night, another man snuck into Volaran’s house and killed him in his sleep. With his master gone, the armor didn’t know who to serve so he just decided to serve his master’s killer who nicknamed him, White Steel.

He then jumped from master to master, planet to planet, for a long time until he ended up with a smuggler. The smuggler was attempting to sneak a large shipment of spiked cookies into TUBA but accidently made the container in which he put the cookies and himself airtight. He suffocated and white steel was left without a master and is now looking for one.

I would be willing to approve it, because it's incredibly different it's difficult to score so long as It doesn't make a character incredibly overpowered by association with it. I suggest the core component be kept in.

Additionally, I would prefer if it changed owners fairly regularly, but that's really up to you, but also try to make sure it's owned by other people's characters as well. 

Cool. I'll modify his bio with the final information.

And also, @Nohadon, could you make my character list that says Benson/Hasharan to say Benson/Hasharan/Delarin?

EDIT: 

Here:

Spoiler

Name: White Steel. (A nickname given by his second master.)

Physical Characteristics: Is an object. Made up of millions of strong (1.5 the sturdiness of steel) white microscopic components that can climb on each other, grab on to each other, and disconnect. Together, they form an armor like thing. (Think Iron man infinity war)

Investiture: Is a type IV bichromatic entity. Runs on stormlight, has a telepathic link with his master.

Skills:

• Adept at transforming quickly and on command.

• Has learned to intake, transport, and ignite gunpowder and use it in combat.

• Has a few small speakers inside of him that he can control to play any song, say any letter, or speak a basic word such as what, there, if.

Equipment: He is the equipment.

Weaknesses:

• Cannot move or fight unless connected to his master.

• Once he has chosen a master, he cannot leave him by his own decision.

• Will obey every command as well as he can that his master gives him.

• When a component breaks, it is disconnected from him. He cannot repair himself unless he is given stormlight and time.

• He has one component, his core, which is about as strong as shardplate, but if is destroyed, he will lose all the breath in him and “die”

• Slowly drains the life force of his master.

Family: His first master, Volaran, is dead. No real family though.

Home planet: Roshar

Guild: Tuba

Psyche: His command was to protect, obey, and serve his master. When Volaran was killed, he decided that whoever used him next would be his master.

Personality: Upbeat. Can feel no other emotion

Appearance: Most components are a dull white. Can take any shape. Has grey veins running through him when he is fueled with gunpowder. His core is a bright blue mixed with a bit of yellow.

Theme song: Wrecking ball. (He plays it whenever he is fighting)

Fighting style: Protect and provide weapons for his master.

Backstory:

A worldhopper named Volaran had discovered a perpendicularity and traveled between worlds frequently. During the battle of Thaylen Field, he saw in amazement Szeth wield nightblood and desperately wanted to make something to combat it in strength. So he returned to Nalthus and with a few gem hearts he stole from Roshar, he bought a thousand breaths and forged what he called, the armor.

He awakened it with the command, protect, obey, and serve your master. He then wore it to battle and began to become a renowned warrior. Unbeaten ever. But one night, another man snuck into Volaran’s house and killed him in his sleep. With his master gone, the armor didn’t know who to serve so he just decided to serve his master’s killer who nicknamed him, White Steel.

He then jumped from master to master, planet to planet, for a long time until he ended up with a smuggler. The smuggler was attempting to sneak a large shipment of spiked cookies into TUBA but accidently made the container in which he put the cookies and himself airtight. He suffocated and white steel was left without a master and is now looking for one.

Edited by Voidus
Double post

On 2/8/2019 at 2:01 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

Hide contents

Warren ‘Wraith’ Mathews

Investiture: He is an epic with the powers of being able to shift between two forms. The first of his forms is a 6’1’ man with pale skin and black veins, with elf ears, and black hair that has enhanced physical attributes. The second is a wraith that is intangible, to any impact, but can grab things or hit them, and can teleport between shadows in any range, though he has to know there is a shadow there to teleport to it. He can also shift its shape to his needs.

Build: He is 6’1’ and thin, like an elf.

Skills: Very good with his teleportation, and a skilled hand to hand fighter. He is also a good actor, and con artist.

Equipment: He carries a pair of obsidian knuckles, and smoke bombs/eclipse bombs. Eclipse bombs block out any light source, and make the area around them dark for about 15 minutes, but can only be produced by the Alchemist.

Clothes: He wears a black t shirt, black jeans, and black boots. He also wears sunglasses.

Personality: He is actually a joking and carefree person, but The Jackal wants him to act like a mysterious and deadly wraith, that doesn’t talk.

Weakness: He has an extreme adversity to light. In his first form, he will burn up in the sun in half an hour, and with a flashlight, will die in 300 hours, and in his wraith form he will die in the sun in half a minute, and in a flashlight in 30 minutes.

Backstory: He was born on reckonerverse earth, and lived there for 14 years, before he got his powers. Spent 3 years popping around stealing stuff, before the Jackal found him, and trained him in hand to hand fighting, and then he joined the Jackal

The Alchemist

Investiture: He is a rithmatist, and he has a soulcaster.

Build: He is 6’5’, but has a slouch.

Skills: He is a skilled rithmatist, and very good with his soulcaster. He is also a scientific genius, though he is not as smart as Dusk.

Equipment: He has a staff that he clings to to stand up with a piece of retractable chalk on the end of it, and his soulcaster.

Clothes: He has a long black cloak, and dark brown clothes.

Personality: He is arrogant, but other than that he’s supportive and actually kind of a good person. Besides his sociopathy and complete disregard for human life that is. And his obsession with proving that he is smarter than Dusk.

Weakness: He is 86 years old, and could literally have a heart attack at any moment. And he’s arrogant.

Backstory: He was born on the rithmatist earth, and learned as much about modern science as he good until he became a rithmatist. Then he learned in the rithmatist school. And then he went exploring, fell in an alley, and ended up on roshar. He then started learning fabrial science, and soulcasting as an ardeth for the next 30 years of his life. He then stole his soul caster and  ran away. He would have been caught, but the Jackal saved him, before the Jackal was the Jackal. He was the only person in the Jackals team who knows who he is. He then joined a DA sub group and learned much about hemalurgy. He then joined the consortium when the Jackal made it.

Guild Affiliation: None. Well, kind of DA.

Wraith:

Intangibility - 100
Shadow teleport - Unable to score, a 'range' is mentioned but not specified. 40+
Shapeshift - 30
Physical enhancements - No way to score, insufficient information. If similar to pewter ability enhancements then we can probably use that.

Weakness doesn't factor in much unless this is the full Epic weakness and so could also prevent intangibility and teleportation otherwise those abilities make it practically meaningless.

Total: 170+ M

The Alchemist: The DA in particular isn't really somewhere that's big on casual recruits what with the loyalty spikes and all. I'd suggest either they actually join the DA (Which I'm fine with) or they're just part of the Jackals group and unaffiliated.

4 hours ago, Nohadon said:

I would be willing to approve it, because it's incredibly different it's difficult to score so long as It doesn't make a character incredibly overpowered by association with it. I suggest the core component be kept in.

Additionally, I would prefer if it changed owners fairly regularly, but that's really up to you, but also try to make sure it's owned by other people's characters as well. 

I think this should be considered as equipment for another character, not a character in its own right, even if its sentient. Because this adds to the point total of other characters. Also as a sidenote this is an unprotected type IV biochromatic entity which means it's probably going to kill anyone who uses it. Also also, the making of this would have required 20,000 Breaths and substantial research, which is difficult for a random worldhopper to acquire.

Also, @beantheboy12 please try to avoid double posting, you can just edit the previous post.

Yes you can work on the scoring for the new alleyverse species, we will give it a look over when you are done. 

I am sorry, we will get to scoring X. They are not currently at the top of our list of characters that need to be scored. We are still trying to wrap up requests from a week or two ago.