Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

I think that there is another realmatic issue, and that is that no one without MaiPon(?) ancestry can forge. Like all selish magics you can only use them when you are from that area.

Though it is heavily implied, the only Selish arts that are explicitly stated that only people from that area can use are Forgery and AonDor.

6 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

The skills are currently on grade, and it depends on how much training they have. If they are amateurs there are different point values than if they are masters. Considering that the current limit for Era 3 is 100, I think that could pose an issue.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that Radiants don't get a blade until they reach their third oath, which poses an issue because then you couldn't use one.

The character cognitive capacity is a due to him being a ferring. And kaladin gets his shardblade after he swore the second ideal.

Anyway, I'm ready to back off from some of it, if needed.

Edited by Blessed peace

The actual oath can differ between orders IIRC, but I think the third one is standard, given that it was the oath for Skybreakers, Windrunners, and Edgedancers. In case of Jasnah, I think a lot of people assume she is at least at oath 4, and Shallan is a weird case, since she got pretty far along the progression line as a kid, but later regressed back again.

3 hours ago, taerGehtsuilexA said:

Actually, KRs get their Shardblades after swearing the Third Ideal. 

Just had to correct you there. 

@Blessed peace

Not always. Shallan had it on first or second.

2 hours ago, Sunbringer said:

Shallan is wierd, but other than that it is third oath. So yes, my character can’t use a Shardblades anymore, since I found the index and made better calculations.

We don't know for all orders.

My one problem: Archer is separating skills and that stuff from investiture, and everyone has been judging you character based off of the combined total. I personally think the Radiant point values are screwed up.

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

What was the final say on my amoeba character? How much do I subtract for his weakness.

7 points.

:ph34r: 

I do believe that the oath for Shardblade can differ between orders, and Shallan is weird.

2 hours ago, 2001Kra said:

Not always. Shallan had it on first or second.

That’s not true. Shallan had at least gotten to the 3rd ideal when she was a child:

Brandon Sanderson(paraphrased)

He said that at one point Shallan may have said all the oaths for her order (or may have been capable of saying all of the oaths by the end of the book) but has since regressed due to "memory loss/repression."

source

Questioner

Do you have to have done the third oath before you can convert your spren into a Blade?

Brandon Sanderson

In most orders, yes.

Questioner

What about Shallan then? Did she do it, cause she was a kid when she first--

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, um... you will find out more.

source

To my knowledge any of the mods can approve new characters, but archer is the best at it and generally runs the lists. 

There is no guide for the weaknesses. The person counting the points determines it. 

The difficulty for weaknessess, is what one weakness is to someone isn’t necessarily the same applied to everyone. It can vary wildly based on how much you RP it, and there are other factors. This is the weakness section of the index. 

Weaknesses 

To subtract from a character’s score, the tabulator should take into account their weaknesses. Since even the same weakness can affect different people in drastically different ways, it is up to the person scoring to decide how many points to take away. For example, a character with a temper who becomes incapable of functioning when angry should have many points subtracted, while one with the same weakness who becomes violent and determined in similar circumstances should have few points deducted. The tabulator should consider how the characters weakness effects their ability to use their powers, act they way they would like to, exert influence over others, function regularly, and anything else of relevance.

6 hours ago, Snipexe said:

That’s not true. Shallan had at least gotten to the 3rd ideal when she was a child:

But that isn't what it says....

Questioner

Do you have to have done the third oath before you can convert your spren into a Blade?

Brandon Sanderson

In most orders, yes.

Questioner

What about Shallan then? Did she do it, cause she was a kid when she first--

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, um... you will find out more.

Not necessarily. As said.

Brandon Sanderson(paraphrased)

He said that at one point Shallan may have said all the oaths for her order (or may have been capable of saying all of the oaths by the end of the book) but has since regressed due to "memory loss/repression."

That doesn't even hint at her having been at oath three back then...

Character.

Spoiler

Name: I am literally incapable of coming up with good names help me.

Investiture: Dakhor monk. Extra strength and speed. Almost invulnerable bones. Has extra power that allows for taking control of non sentient beings. Amount of sacrifice required scales with power of the being. This may or may not be something he uses at length in E3. It's not canon, so I might not want to overuse it too much.

Skills: Good talker and good fighter. I'm not entirely sure on how I'm supposed to put this, so I'll just let you guys ask.

Weaknesses: Fanatical devotion to his religion. Also, he wants to destroy the DA, which is basically suicidal.

History: He was born in Fjordell, and soon joined the church. He had a passion for Shu-Dereth, and was sent to the Dakhor monastery to become a monk. After gaining his powers, he would travel abroad, converting others to the church-and occasionally eliminating those who would not be converted. His wandering's eventually took him to the Alleyverse, where he quickly learned the history of the world. After learning about the Worldspike, he quickly came to a realization: This was where Jaddeth lay under the ground, ready to awaken when the entire living population joined Shu-Dereth. Soon after, he learned about the DA, their godlike leader, and the fact that they worked inside of the Worldspike (citation needed). He came to the realization that it was possible the Dark Alley was repressing Voidus inside of their lair. 

He plotted for a long time to try and take down the DA, but he had no resources, so it was literally impossible. However, he was soon approached by the Liebrarians and their attempt to take control of the Guardian and defeat Voidus, and he was given the powerful ability to take control of non sentient beings.(I'm not totally clear on how this type of Dakhor power works. It will be the same as the teleportation power, but I don't understand if the sacrifice with the teleportation makes the bone grow or if it just activates a specific power.) He was instructed to join the Ghostbloods as a spy. (@Ghostblood people do you mind this? I can fix it if not. He wouldn't have sabotaged anything or gotten important information.) He then went to the Release of Voidus as one of the Dakhor monks, planning to kill Mahz (and anyone else he could find) as a sacrifice to control the immensely powerful being.

I suspect I made some mistakes, so feel free to point them out.

Edited by Kidpen

5 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I suspect I made some mistakes, so feel free to point them out.

Sure.

4 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Weaknesses: Fanatical devotion to his religion. Also, he wants to destroy the DA, which is basically a weakness.

Yeah, made a mistake here. Should say: 
Weaknesses: Fanatical devotion to his religion. Also, he wants to destroy the DA, which is basically suicidal.