Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

58 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

Thanks! I thought "savantism" was a cosmere wide word but the coppermind only uses it for allomancy. Changed:)

Actually, in that case the Coppermind is wrong. According to Brandon, savantism is just when a single investiture is used to much.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Will thread appear in E3? If not, he doesn't need any special indications. If he is, I'll add the footnote. 

Likely, he's for DA experiment threads.

Everyone was confused, but it kept him alive, so hey.

Hey, @Archer/@Lord Meeker/@Voidus (whichever one keeps from killing me for the longest) I've completed the character sheets for two of my three characters, and here they are: 

Tena

Spoiler

Name: Tenareo

Sex: Female

Birthplace: Kharbranth, Roshar

Family: Mother- unimportant. Father- unimportant. Siblings- Roshin (brother). Spouse- Anthony Nightshade (fiance) [see below]. Children- one unnamed (daughter, father- unimportant, deceased), Seom (daughter, father- Travis) [see below], Silas (adopted), unnamed child she is pregnant with (father- Anthony Nightshade). Extended family- Rena (cousin) [see below], Lenare (grandfather) [see below].

Appearance: Five feet eight inches tall. Sleek, muscular build. Tan skin. Hawkish face; prominent cheekbones, sharp jaw. Pixie-cut black hair. Light blue eyes.

Investiture: Allomantic chromium, Feruchemical steel. First Heightening Awakener; one hundred-fifty BioChromatic Breaths. Nightwatcher boon/bane.

Strengths: Proficient with staffs and axes in combat. Excellent acrobat. Always in control of herself. Has Anthony to protect her, most of the time.

Weaknesses: Recently broke her Radiant Oaths. Pollen allergies. Touchy about her age. Is currently pregnant, and so unable to fight.

Biography: Tena was born in Kharbranth to her well-respected Lighteyed parents. At age ten, she ran away from home because she hated having to train to be a Lighteyed woman. She learned to steal on the streets with the help of her ‘lucky spren’ and formed a gang. She Snapped as a Mistborn at age fifteen when one of those gangmembers raped her, and she killed him. She gave birth to a girl when she was sixteen, but the baby was stillborn. A month later, she was caught after robbing her own family’s mansion, then sentenced to death. Her grandfather, a Worldhopper from Scadrial, heard of it and bailed her out, surprised and impressed at her evasion of the Skybreakers, then brought her to Nalthis, bought her a hundred Breaths, and trained her with weapons. After that, he brought her to a combat training camp in Scadrial, where she was trained in acrobatics and weapons to be a perfect killing machine. She stayed there against her will for five years, then escaped to Kharbranth, restoring her position as gangleader and plaguing the city for another five years. After that, she got tired of thieving and went back to Scadrial, meeting a half-Koloss and dating him for two years. During that, she moved in with him to his ranch in the Northern Roughs and gave birth to a girl. The half-Koloss helped her deliver, then told her that the baby died a few minutes after birth because of a problem in her heart. Tena left, almost killing him in a rage, then went to Roshar and asked the Nightwatcher to make her anyone but herself. After that, she went to the Alleyplanet and participated in the Seven Day War. She adopted Silas during the Sixteen Year Peace. She met Anthony Nightshade (whom she calls Ani) several minutes before he tried to commit suicide after burning down a town and realizing he was a horrible person. She saved him with Progression after he pulled out all of his spikes and forgot everything about himself, with only a few memories left, and they fell in love. They lived together for a year, during which she became pregnant, then Ani proposed and she accepted. She hopes to successfully be married to him.

Seom

Spoiler

Name: Seom (callsign: Lupus)

Sex: Female

Birthplace: Northern Roughs, Scadrial

Family: Mother- Tena Nightshade [see above]. Father- Travis (half-Koloss, half-Terris). Siblings- unnamed child Tena is pregnant with (half-sibling; father- Anthony Nightshade). Spouse- none. Children- none. Extended relations- Anthony Nightshade (mother’s husband) [see below], Lenare (great-grandfather) [see below].

Appearance: Five feet eleven inches tall. Slim build. Dark, faintly bluish skin. Long black hair, usually in a tail. Dark green eyes.

Investiture: Gold Ferring.

Strengths: Excellent at playing guitar. Independent and self-sufficient. Trained Alethi scout. Proficient with daggers in combat.

Weaknesses: Unwilling to do harm to others with melee weapons. Pollen allergies.

Biography: Seom was born in the Northern Roughs to a half-Koloss half-Terris father and a Rosharan mother. Her mother left at her birth and her father raised her for fourteen years on his ranch. He tried taking her to the Alleyplanet, but lost her, and she ended up stuck in the Shattered Plains, where she was saved by a bridgecrew from Dalinar Kholin’s warcamp. She was trained as a scout there, and stayed for four years, until her father found her and brought her to the Alleyplanet. She stayed on there when her father left to go back to Scadrial.

Note: this was copied from my character doc, so the font comes from there. Sorry about it.

Edited by taerGehtsuilexA

Ok so prospective character for E3

Name: Whisper

Spoiler

Abilities:
Hemalurgic spikes granting:

Lightweaving (And the ability to use Stormlight to do so, however no Stormlight healing or strength boosts etc.) (Estimate: 30 points, little under half that of a 2nd ideal KR)
Enhanced dexterity and jumping abilities (A bit stronger than what pewter would grant, but no increased durability beyond the ability to withstand her own strength) (Estimate: 35 points, little under a pewter misting, maybe higher since this is passive)

Skills:
Expert intelligence: Incredibly intelligent, though with little exposure to any specific scholarly research. (60 points)

Weaknesses:
Unable to speak: Unable to speak louder than a very faint whisper.
Hemalurgy: Has three spikes, likely enough to be manipulated by a Lerasium Mistborn or multiple Soothers/Rioters working in sync.

NonCombatant: Not a pacifist but is not an eager combatant either. Avoids any conflict except in self defense or when she can make a large gain from it, even then more likely to perform subterfuge and support work than actually fight.

Strength estimate: Upper end of average, with weaknesses I assume that the end point total will be ~ 100-110

Physical characteristics: Whisper changes her appearance frequently, rarely looking the same way for long. But usually appears to be a young urchin girl, varying her features slightly every now and then.

Home planet: Scadrial

History:A former DA test subject, Whisper spent a lot of her early years in the labs from the department of Zoohemalurgy. She has several abilities derived from animals from various planets, this has also resulted in some changes to her anatomy as well, though these are usually hidden with careful disguises or Lightweaving, these experiments also inadvertently removed her ability to speak beyond a faint whisper which eventually led to her nickname.
After the conclusion of the experiment that created her, Whisper was deemed one of the more successful subjects and had managed to maintain her sanity throughout the process, she was then recruited by another department of the DA and began actively working for them, putting her intelligence and abilities to good use.
During the last few years of her work, Whisper has begun to hear voices trying to communicate with her and has occasionally been seen talking to a shadowy, indistinct figure. This has led to her being a little alienated from many other members of the DA who feel that some lingering insanity from her childhood of experimentation may have developed.

@Archer
All era 3 characters:

Spoiler

Laurelai: Probably comes out to ~ 120 with weaknesses factored in. (Assuming 60 points for forgery, 30 points Intelligence, 30 points scholar, ? points Boon/Bane, Weaknesses: Definitely non-combatant, will fight to defend herself and that's about it.)
Voidus: No matter how weakened he is he'll be over the point total, but will continue to be non-interventionist and have some mechanical restrictions around taking action.
Spren: Still not 100% sure on the details for this character, but they'll just be a spren so assuming that's fine as long as there's a KR.
Whisper: As above. Assuming this will be close to the point max depending on how things are measured.

Whisper:

Weaknesses:
Unable to speak: Unable to speak louder than a very faint whisper.

It's a fine weakness, but as someone who has RPed a mute character, I feel obliged to warn you it's tough. It's doable, especially for you, but makes you think differently about writing scenes. 

Hemalurgy: Has three spikes, likely enough to be manipulated by a Lerasium Mistborn or multiple Soothers/Rioters working in sync.

While this weakness can be assumed with spikes, I like when people explain its extent. 

Strength estimate: Upper end of average, with weaknesses I assume that the end point total will be ~ 100-110

I agree with your assessments, but that comes with an asterisk on it as we keep adding new ways to get points. That's annoying, because these are relatively weak characters and don't fight much. I fear fighters will end up being much higher. I'll have to check a few other bios tomorrow, but that seems to indicate to me that the cap needs to be raised.

I like what I've seen of the character. It doesn't seem OP to me, and the defining weakness should prove fun to work with. Especially for one so smart, not being to control the conversation would lead to some interesting coping mechanisms. But I'll leave the development to you. 

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

It's a fine weakness, but as someone who has RPed a mute character, I feel obliged to warn you it's tough. It's doable, especially for you, but makes you think differently about writing scenes. 

I actually have extensive experience on this from RPing Kenku in D&D (They can technically talk if they mimic other people but when I play them they're usually effectively mute and only talk if absolutely necessary) :D
But thanks, this will be my first time writing a mute character so hopefully I can manage to pull it off still.

Given that most of their points come from intelligence I think that's still satisfying to have as an upper powered character, especially given how much everyone seems to want to push for more intrigue and social encounters instead of straight fighting next era. Illusions, super intelligence and some sneaky abilities will be pretty highly valued in those kinds of scenarios.

3 minutes ago, 2001Kra said:

@Voidus, for the radiant that your spren will be for, any preference of the order?

I guess one we've seen the spren for so I can get the character right, ideally a Windrunner or Lightweaver since we know the most about Syl and Pattern. But I'm sure people will be forgiving if we invent a spren and it turns out to be a little wrong.
In summary: No not really any preference, there are some RP reasons that some would be better but I can work with anything and I do like exploring the unknown so the unknown spren are also good. :D

On the topic of documents, the doc where I keep my character sheets also has: A few essays, some lists of things, the first few chapters of a longer story, a bunch of funny "math" equations, random rants, and so on. I try to put everything that's not school related on it. Since 9th grade started this year, the doc has gotten so swollen that I now use a table of contents to navigate it.

4 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

Will Era 2 characters going into Era 3 need to be re-evaluated? As it stands, Alum’s scholarship/intelligence puts him over the 100 point cap when included with his KR abilities.

For Althea it's close, too. Especially if I count in the ring from Laonin she'd been given as a present. But then I'm not sure how much I can substract for her weakness. So I guess it might work.

Damaya and Lena both work easily.

Edited by Sorana

15 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk is okay.

Max is ok originally, but with everything that he’s gotten over the Era (Shardblades, armour) he’s grown quite powerful.

As for Alask, I really have no idea how to calculate points for him. Help?

So the weaknesses haven’t really been given point assignments yet, but here’s an approximation of points without subtracting for them.

2 Nicrosil Spikes:180

Amatuer Thief: 10

190 points. I’m guessing the weaknesses from the 2 spikes will bring him 30-50 points, his “temper” maybe another 10, and his silver 10-20.

He’s probably like 120-130 points, but this could change drastically once the weaknesses system is worked out more completely.

35 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max is ok originally, but with everything that he’s gotten over the Era (Shardblades, armour) he’s grown quite powerful.

Do you think we need to susbtract points for their mind link as well?

Maybe you don't need to spend points for every single sword you own? I mean it's not like you can wield two shardblades at the same time.

11 hours ago, Voidus said:

I guess one we've seen the spren for so I can get the character right, ideally a Windrunner or Lightweaver since we know the most about Syl and Pattern. But I'm sure people will be forgiving if we invent a spren and it turns out to be a little wrong.
In summary: No not really any preference, there are some RP reasons that some would be better but I can work with anything and I do like exploring the unknown so the unknown spren are also good. :D

I'll do either lightweaver or edgedancer.

Please add the following to the list for era 3.

Name: Luwadan Mariatel

Investiture: zinc ferring, second ideal Elsecaller. ,(Spren: Senhav)

Special skills and weapons: soulcasting, awesome cognitive capacity, (zinc metal mind). Shardblade, favors windstance. Fair at grappling. A gold mind of useless information.

Weakness: has very little social capacity, gets anxious when around women (except his mother), fear of loud noises. Depends on his metal mind way to much.

Physical characteristics: Golden iri locks and eyes, six feet tall, dark tan skin. Prominent cheekbones. Wears mostly Buttoned shirt and dark trousers.

Family: Terris father named Laaden. Iriali mother named ila. Has a younger sister he's fond of. And two older brothers he doesn't talk to. 

Home planet: roshar, Scadrial.

History/Biography: born and raised on Roshar until he was 16, he has a truma from highstorms and fears loud noises. He is a bookish fellow. When he discovered that he is a ferring his brothers got jealous and so he left Roshar in favor of Scadrial. he immediately fell in love with the place, he lived for a year in The Village, he ventured to the university of Elendel,  but for lack of money he could not enroll. So he moved to the roughs as a miner, it took his Inkspren most of that year to convince him to return to Roshar and go to Urithiru to train with the other Elsecallers. He spent another five years in Urithiru ascending two the second ideal and training in combat both armed and bare handed. Then he ventured out of Roshar again in search of more knowledge and truths, and so he came to Alleyverse, from where he could not move on because of The Girl...

Name: Jacien Aican

Sex: Male

Birthplace: Unknown place on Roshar

Family: Callan (adopted father), Nisia (adopted mother), Sillia (adopted sister. Dead)

Appearance: 6’ 00”, Brown hair. Darkeyes with extremely dark blue eyes, until he summons his shardblade, then they turn grey/silver. Decent build, not overly muscular but not skinny.

Investiture: Third Ideal Edgedancer, Surge of Division (Nightwatcher boon), Forgery skill.

Skills and special equipment: good with his throwing knives, skilled with his shardblade, excellent cook, good at dual-wielding weapons. Very focused in combat. He also has his Forgery tools, including lots of Soulstone, and a personal Soulstamp.

Weakness: frequently zones out and sometimes misses important details, never happens in life threatening situations (Nightwatcher curse). Is very disturbed by innocents being killed.

Biography: Jacien was born on Roshar, where his mother left at the Stump’s orphanage on the doorstep. He never knew his parents and never really cared to try and find them. When he was 10, he started to figure out Surgebinding, and decided to leave the Stump’s orphanage, and ran away. He was discovered by a kind farmer who was selling his crop, and they took him in. When he was 16 years old, he saw a guy get mugged and knifed in an alley, ran over and accidentally used Regrowth to save him. Soon after this incident, he was attacked by a Skybreaker. He was strong enough by now that he was able to fight back and win, but during the fight, his adopted sister was killed. He went to visit the Nightwatcher where he asked for the power to destroy those that don’t care about the people they hurt. As a boon, she gave him the surge of Division, and the curse of having episodes where he loses focus and is unable to recall any details from that time. These episodes fortunately never happen during combat. After his visit, he gets kind of dark for a while, and hunts down some of the Skybreakers, until he almost kills his spren from behaving against his oaths and moves on. He discovered the greater cosmere during his quest for revenge, and during a visit to Sel, learned Forgery. (Alleyverse info. Will be added after I decide on a guild…)

Personality: Pretty standard Edgedancer personality (As Nale puts it, Often gets caught up on the little things, and doesn’t look at the bigger picture). Very optimistic, no longer approves of revenge, but still REALLY doesn’t like most Skybreakers (a few exceptions). Kinda ADHD.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Sunbringer
adding

First off, welcome to the RP! we are glad to have you.

Secondly, Sorry if this post sounds rude, I'm not the best at phrasing things through writing. 

Thirdly, I am not the person who approves characters, that's @Archer, but here are a few things that I have noticed.

Note that I am using an Index that has yet to be finalized to judge these sheets.

1 hour ago, Blessed peace said:

Please add the following to the list for era 3.

Investiture: zinc ferring, second ideal Elsecaller. ,(Spren: Senhav)

Weakness: has very little social capacity, gets anxious when around women (except his mother), fear of loud noises. Depends on his metal mind way to much.

Has training in combat both armed and bare handed.

First off, your character is cool, and the backstory interesting. Good job with coming up with those.

But I do think that there is a few issues with the amount of power that they have.

If we use Archers index for character evaluation, the total powers that they have add up to 110. (F-Zinc and second ideal radiant). If you also add in the skills that they have, it bumps it up higher.

The skills are currently on grade, and it depends on how much training they have. If they are amateurs there are different point values than if they are masters. Considering that the current limit for Era 3 is 100, I think that could pose an issue.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that Radiants don't get a blade until they reach their third oath, which poses an issue because then you couldn't use one.

Now the weakness definitely lowers that down. And if you really RP it, it could definitely make your character acceptable. However, if you sidestep it or make it nearly nonexistent, then your character may be a bit too strong for Era 3.

I will note that the Index isn't yet finalized, and is still undergoing revision. So its very possible that your character isn't OP. Archer will make the final call on your character, im just offering a few pointers.

23 minutes ago, Sunbringer said:

Investiture: Edgedancer Nahel bond, Surge of Division (Nightwatcher boon), Forgery skill.

Your character is also cool. I like his progression in his backstory. Again, what I say is only a few initial thoughts, and Archer gets the final say on everything.

I think that your character also may be too powerful. You never mention which oath they are at, but you say they have a shardblade, which implies that they are at the third oath. That alone takes up all 100 points in the index. Forgery adds another 60 points. 

Assuming that we use the index again for the nightwatcher, at minimum we are adding 70 points. We could be adding up to 120 though. I'm not sure how to count that.

I think that his skills also raise that higher, assuming only a few months of training for both melee weapons and ranged weapons, that adds another 50 points.

I think that there is another realmatic issue, and that is that no one without MaiPon(?) ancestry can forge. Like all selish magics you can only use them when you are from that area.

Now as to the weakness'. 

The nightwatcher is supposed to include the weakness in its ranking. And the other weakness, is very disturbed by innocents being killed, is kind of inherent in the oaths of the KR's. So I'm not sure how to count them. I will say that I think that there needs to be at least one other that's not included in some format.

It's not bad, but it's quite powerful, especially since we're trying to be less of that in the next era.

Looking at your character, I used the points Index to basically calculate how many points your character has. It's not a hard limit but it's a great guide to how powerful your character should ideally be, since I think the cap is now somewhere around 110 -115.

3rd Ideal Radiant: 100

Skilled Hand-to-Hand fighter: 50

Forger: 60

Division (I used the points for the division fabrial): 45

So that's 255 points. But we still have to factor in weaknesses.

I think you could minus about 15 for his curse, and 10 for getting disturbed about harming innocents.

So about 230 points. Which is far more powerful than recommended, so you can either try to make more weaknesses, or you could tone down his powers.

Ok thanks for that. I don't know much about how to make this so I'm kinda making it up as I go, so thanks for all this help! 

So, before I make some kinda major changes, how many points is a second ideal Radiant? 

Also, in answer to your question on if I'm going to sidestep or ignore the curse, I'm definitely not going to do that. I'm very good at role-playing forgetful characters, and this isn't that different. It's a pretty major problem for him. 

Thanks again for all the help!

I changed his skills and investiture now. Is this a little better?

Investiture: second Ideal Edgedancer, Surge of Division (Nightwatcher boon)

Skills and special equipment: Skilled with swords and has trained in Shardblade stances, good at dual-wielding weapons. Very focused in combat. Also an excellent cook.

Weakness: frequently zones out and sometimes misses important details, never happens in life threatening situations (Nightwatcher curse). Is very disturbed by innocents being killed, by himself or by others, and will go out of his way to protect them. He also has a tendency to jump right into things without thinking. Kinda insecure.

Edited by Sunbringer
Mistake copying