Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Depends on the fabrial. Similar to an aviar maybe? Somewhere between 0 and 15. 

I'd suggest that Fabrials that replicate the Surges count as 30 or so, around half that of a KR.

For Kandra, I'd say that the amount of points will need to depend both on their skill and type of skeleton used.

For example, an era 1 kandra, especially a later generation one will be a lot less powerful than an era 2 one. Remember that back in era 1, they didn't have techniques like altering their sense of pain, and most kandra would probably still stick to the Contract, which would mean they're a lot less likely to get into fights, and need other people to kill the ones they want to imitate. Era 2 kandra, on the other hand, have learned a lot more, and at least the younger generations are likely to be much less of a pacifist than back in era 1, although they probably still wouldn't like fighting.

For bones, their type of skeleton will influence their power a lot. A kandra using solid bones like stone or metal would be a lot more resistant against having their bones broken than somebody with a wooden skeleton. Crystal skeletons are especially bad, since when broken the shards will continue cutting their flesh, which would disable them very quickly. On the other hand, somebody with a weaponized skeleton like MeLaan's, or with a carbon fiber or carbon nanotube skeleton would be way more powerful.

As a last thing, I'd also like to remind everyone that even though kandra are strong, they still have a lot of weaknesses that can be taken advantage of even by non-invested people to drive them off, or kill them:

• Broken bones are the most well known option, and should work against anybody who doesn't have some kind of highly advanced skeleton like carbon fiber.
  • Explosions, or anything else that destroys large amounts of tissue, like fire, or high power water cannons. Kandra can't create matter, and can only use their own flesh for shapeshifting. Get rid of this flesh, and they can't do anything.
  • Shardblades. While kandra can heal wounds they receive from these, they need to be alive to do so, and I'd say that healing these wounds will take time. Also, if you manage to hit the spine, they'll still die immediately.
  • Soulcasting, or other surges like division, or possibly gravitation, can kill them, injure them, or at least temporarily get rid of them.
  • Acid. This one requires more planning, but spraying them with a potent acid will kill them. This will need a fair bit of the stuff though, so perhaps use a fire-hose.
  • The anti-kandra poison used in SoS and BoM. This will immobilize them, and make them lose their form. At this point it's easy to remove their spikes, and destroy them, killing the kandra.
  • Grappling. While this is less likely to work against a kandra well trained in martial arts, a good enough opponent (or enough of them) can still throw them on the ground and get them into a hold. At this point, their only option would be to leave their skeleton behind and run.
  • Big guns. Larger caliber guns destroy a lot of tissue, and can even destroy someone's head, or shoot limbs of. Put a couple of shots with a .50 cal sniper in them, or hose them down with a machine gun such as a mini-gun. Even if they'll hold out for a little bit of time, they won't be able to do so for long.

I could probably come up with more, but these are the weaknesses that popped into my head first. As you can see, anyone with a bit of resources or the right type of investure can easily get rid of a kandra, especially if they catch them unaware.

22 hours ago, Archer said:

Thanks for offering! Do you feel like reading a 'very bad story'? The Centrifugal section of the Index is incomplete (read: non-existent) at the moment. I need two things done: 1. Confirm it's set on Earth. 2. Rank the power of the magic system's users. It's been a while since I've read it. I remember there being something about science making people full of energy, but I can't recall enough specifics. If you could give it a read through and note the mentioned enhancements and how many points you think characters should get for having them (using other magic system's scores as a reference point), that'd be a big help.

Uh... the magic for Centrifugal is genetic modification, if I read it correctly. They use genetic science to make the guy able to produce a spankin' lot of adrenaline. You should prob do the points based on how powerful the enhancement it. 

Also, is there an updated Index ready?

Edited by Gancho Libre

Is this balanced?

Epic Name: Blood Let

Power: When cut or internally bleeding, his body will continually generate enough blood to equal the amount that was lost.

Weaknesses: His epic weakness is that if he is hurt by someone who considers themselves to be his ally, he will lose blood normally. He is also hemophilliac, meaning that his blood doesn’t clot.

Era 3

Name: Aenden

Investiture: Awakening, Sand mastery

Weakness: He has a speech impediment, he tends to stutter, especially in close call situations.

Special skills and Weapons: A colored bone tri-dagger made to look like a steel one that I am average  with skill wise , 7 ribbons of sand mastery that I feel extremely comfortably using, 400 breaths of awakening that i also feel extremely comfortable using.

Physical characters: Male, Kershtian, short black hair, black eyes, not to tall but not too short (5.5ft), enjoys wearing either extremely dark green colors or extremely colorful colors. He is 32.

Family: Kershtian

History/Biography: Aenden has very strong Kershtian roots but has always aspired to weave sand. One day he set foot to inquire about sand mastery. He left behind his family as he never felt a lot of close relationship towards them due to their hostility of sand masters. Over the years he has spent his time meditating, becoming more cosmere aware etc.

One day, Aenden decided to worldhop to a different planet. He traveled to Nalthis in hopes of gaining breaths. He wanted something to accompany his sand and thought that awakening would be sufficient due to the fact that it increased his life and that it didn't require him to use hermallurgy which he hated.

To this day, He works as a canton of combat operator and actively aspires to find some sort of cure for his speech impediment.

Edited by MinatoRising

14 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Is this balanced?

Power: When cut or internally bleeding, his body will continually generate enough blood to equal the amount that was lost.

Weaknesses: His epic weakness is that if he is hurt by someone who considers themselves to be his ally, he will lose blood normally. He is also hemophilliac, meaning that his blood doesn’t clot.

Wouldn't that mean he'd just keep bleeding forever? If an enemy hurts him, the wound wouldn't seal, he just wouldn't die from it. 

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Which blood type does he have? If he has O- could probably make a fair buck selling blood at one of the hospitals.

I haven’t really decided, but with soul casters being able to replace all of the blood in someone’s body I’m guessing the value of blood has significantly decreased

True, but don't those require at least some amount of training? Regular blood transfusions are probably easier. Even then, it could be useful for field stuff, or keeping down costs, since soulcasters are not that common (I think).

There’s also the slight problem that he is an epic, and so the corruption is more likely to make his destroy the hospital rather then help it. (This is of course assuming that Reckoners Earth is Pre-Calamity leaving)

Edited by Snipexe
Forgot the leaving part, kind of important