Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 4/9/2022 at 3:43 AM, Stormblessed0421 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Name: Deckh

Physical Characteristics: Green eyes, slight but powerful, assassin's build, black hair, pale white skin

Investiture: Slider misting

Skills: trained as an assassin while infiltrating Rathbore Monastery on Sel

Equipment: 2 ornately engraved Raysium daggers, bendalloy vials

Weakness: If anyone makes him feel any sort of guilt for all his violent deeds, he will emotionally break very quickly; he's traumatically afraid of anything recognizably Selish (especially anything related to Shu-Dereth); prone to become very disoriented if he's trapped in someone else's bendalloy bubble

Family: No known living relatives

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Born on Scadrial soon after the Catecendre as a Bendalloy misting. His parents both died in the same fire, leaving him to fend for himself on the streets of Elendel. After struggling for about a year, he joined an unnamed group of Worldhoppers who offered to help him through his troubles. He was sent to Sel undercover as an aspiring Derethi convert, joining Rathbore monastery which trained him as an assassin. His mission was to investigate AonDor, but he deserted the mission and hopped from world to world, eventually making his way to Alleycity.

Guild: unaffiliated

Personality: Very cold and calculating, brutal, and efficient. However, he is capable of change if the right person induces it.

Appearance: normally wears a jet-black suit with a coat to conceal his knives; walks with a smooth, quick gait; tall

Fighting Style: Uses a sort of blitzkrieg style, getting in and out of combat very quickly to press the element of surprise and taking on individual enemies inside a bendalloy bubble.

Better? I can probably change the knives as well if the added weaknesses and removal of Steelrunning isn't enough

Looking at Voidus' previous scoring and taking into account your changes:

Slider: 40

Raysium Knives: 30

Prone to emotional breakdown: -10

Now, onto your changes:

Nauseous in other people's speed bubbles and traumatically afraid of Selish Investiture: -5 (I score this because there aren't many instances where you'd be in somebody else's speed bubble, but you're likely to come across Selish Investiture. I guess this sort of depends on how afraid he is).

This allows for:

Average Assassination Skills (1-5 years of training): 40

Skilled Melee Weapon Skills (5-10 years of training): 50

40 + 30 + 40 + 50 - 10 - 5 = 145

Seems like this should all be good and approved, but I'll tag @Voidus since I haven't done this in a while and may be rusty :D

On 4/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, mathiau said:

Welcome to an other round of will mathiau get a scored sheet this time

Here's Marie, she's probably a bit above the cap but I'd like to know by how much.

Reveal hidden contents

Name:  Marie Lemoine

Physical Characteristics:  25 years old. Tall from her father’s Terris and mother Rosharan origins, Makabaki skin colour (dark), yellow eyes with a purple circle around the iris (go to fully yellow if she doesn’t summon her sword for too long)

Investiture:  1st oath Willshaper (spren: Polaris), A-Duralumin, Epic ability to create summon an ametrine weapon.

The weapon basically functions as if it was made of steel except it’s sharp as obsidian. The weapon can be summoned either as a dagger or a longsword, summoning takes 10 heartbeats. It can’t be switched between dagger and sword without unsummoning it, if it somehow gets broken Marie cannot summon it again for one day.

By flaring duralumin, Marie can become fully intangible for a fraction of a second (enough to negates exactly one hit, assuming she can time it right), similar to how the deep-ones can phase through stone. Doing so will exhaust all of her stormlight reserves, including the ones she hadn’t breathed in yet, and make her aluminium sword drop from her scabbard/hand

If there are other use of duralumin powered cohesion, she doesn’t know about them

(reason for being broken: her parents were murdered before her eyes by peoples who sook vengeance from her brother and his wife)

Skills: Average longsword and shardblade combat, amateur dagger combat. Skilled stone carver

Equipment: a few perfect perfect gemstones, an aluminium sword, and some vials of duralumin. An imperfect amethyst embedded in shardblade metal she wears as a pendant (used to be the gem that allowed NullBlade’s blade to be bounded). Own some stone carving tools but generally doesn't have them on herself.

Weakness: Hot headed, almost a blood knight. Has an inferiority and superiority complex, the inferiority part is particularly strong toward NullBlade.

Unable to return from Shadesmar without a perpendicularity (and is aware of how hard it would be to find one in the Alleyverse). Unable to teleport with Transportaion

Family: Her parents are wordhopers originating from the Alleyverse who decided to settle in Invocation Earth’s France, his father was an atium Ferring and his mother a 4thoath Willshaper, both were killed shortly before she left to the Alleyverse. NullBlade is her brother.

Home Planet:  Reckoners’ other Earth (the one with Invocation instead of Calamity)

Backstory: Marie was born on Invocation earth the same day it first rose into the sky. Growing up she always felt like she was lagging behind every other member of her family, especially her brother who was her mother’s squire at the time.

She became her mother square at the age of twelve, when her brother stop being a squire and left to join an Epic team. The timing was a coincidence, -her parents just thought she was too young before that, and still had doubts at the time but Polaris insisted- but it didn’t feel like one.

A few weeks after NullBlade left for the Alleyverse, the same group who had killed his team came to exert vengeance on him by killing her parent and attempting to kill her, she escaped them and fled to the only place where they would never find her, the Allyverse.

Guild: STE

Psyche and Personality:  Brash. Alternates between blaming her brother and herself for the death of their parents

Fighting Style: Will attempt to impede her enemies’ mobility with Cohesion to compensate her not-that-good skills with the sword. If she gets desperate, will launch a desperate assault in Bloodstance, using duralumin to negate the first big hit she’ll take.

I'd score this one too, but since her powers are so linked to her Epic-ness, I'll handball this one to Voidus :P

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

I'd score this one too, but since her powers are so linked to her Epic-ness, I'll handball this one to Voidus :P

Really? I thought it was just a bad shardblade, honestly it's mostly here to justify the weird eyes. I'll tag Voidus then

On 15/04/2022 at 3:27 AM, mathiau said:

Welcome to an other round of will mathiau get a scored sheet this time

Here's Marie, she's probably a bit above the cap but I'd like to know by how much.

Reveal hidden contents

Physical Characteristics:  25 years old. Tall from her father’s Terris and mother Rosharan origins, Makabaki skin colour (dark), yellow eyes with a purple circle around the iris (go to fully yellow if she doesn’t summon her sword for too long)

Investiture:  1st oath Willshaper (spren: Polaris), A-Duralumin, Epic ability to create summon an ametrine weapon.

The weapon basically functions as if it was made of steel except it’s sharp as obsidian. The weapon can be summoned either as a dagger or a longsword, summoning takes 10 heartbeats. It can’t be switched between dagger and sword without unsummoning it, if it somehow gets broken Marie cannot summon it again for one day.

By flaring duralumin, Marie can become fully intangible for a fraction of a second (enough to negates exactly one hit, assuming she can time it right), similar to how the deep-ones can phase through stone. Doing so will exhaust all of her stormlight reserves, including the ones she hadn’t breathed in yet, and make her aluminium sword drop from her scabbard/hand

If there are other use of duralumin powered cohesion, she doesn’t know about them

(reason for being broken: her parents were murdered before her eyes by peoples who sook vengeance from her brother and his wife)

Skills: Average longsword and shardblade combat, amateur dagger combat. Skilled stone carver

Equipment: a few perfect perfect gemstones, an aluminium sword, and some vials of duralumin. An imperfect amethyst embedded in shardblade metal she wears as a pendant (used to be the gem that allowed NullBlade’s blade to be bounded). Own some stone carving tools but generally doesn't have them on herself.

Weakness: Hot headed, almost a blood knight. Has an inferiority and superiority complex, the inferiority part is particularly strong toward NullBlade.

Unable to return from Shadesmar without a perpendicularity (and is aware of how hard it would be to find one in the Alleyverse). Unable to teleport with Transportaion

Family: Her parents are wordhopers originating from the Alleyverse who decided to settle in Invocation Earth’s France, his father was an atium Ferring and his mother a 4thoath Willshaper, both were killed shortly before she left to the Alleyverse. NullBlade is her brother.

Home Planet:  Reckoners’ other Earth (the one with Invocation instead of Calamity)

Backstory: Marie was born on Invocation earth the same day it first rose into the sky. Growing up she always felt like she was lagging behind every other member of her family, especially her brother who was her mother’s squire at the time.

She became her mother square at the age of twelve, when her brother stop being a squire and left to join an Epic team. The timing was a coincidence, -her parents just thought she was too young before that, and still had doubts at the time but Polaris insisted- but it didn’t feel like one.

A few weeks after NullBlade left for the Alleyverse, the same group who had killed his team came to exert vengeance on him by killing her parent and attempting to kill her, she escaped them and fled to the only place where they would never find her, the Allyverse.

Psyche and Personality:  Brash. Alternates between blaming her brother and herself for the death of their parents

Fighting Style: Will attempt to impede her enemies’ mobility with Cohesion to compensate her not-that-good skills with the sword. If she gets desperate, will launch a desperate assault in Bloodstance, using duralumin to negate the first big hit she’ll take.

@Voidus

18 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Really? I thought it was just a bad shardblade, honestly it's mostly here to justify the weird eyes. I'll tag Voidus then

Oh, my bad :P I saw the intangibility and I thought that was part of it too. I might as well try and make Voidus' job easier.

Here's a (tentative) scoring.

Duralumin Allomancy: 5

Average Melee Weapon Skills: 35

First Ideal Radiant: This is technically 85, but since her ability to use Transportation is extremely limited, I'm leaning to somewhere around 65?

Ametrine Blade: Shardblades are 30, so I'm thinking this should be around 20? 23?

Hot Headed + Superiority Complex: -5

5 + 35 + 65 + 23 - 5 = 123

Even by scoring the Radiancy at its maximum (85), that still makes it 143, which is within the limit. Do we still follow the rule where only 100 can be used for magic, and the other 50 have to be skills? I'm unsure. Again, this is just tentative. Hope it helps :)

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Oh, my bad :P I saw the intangibility and I thought that was part of it too. I might as well try and make Voidus' job easier.

Here's a (tentative) scoring.

Duralumin Allomancy: 5

Average Melee Weapon Skills: 35

First Ideal Radiant: This is technically 85, but since her ability to use Transportation is extremely limited, I'm leaning to somewhere around 65?

Ametrine Blade: Shardblades are 30, so I'm thinking this should be around 20? 23?

Hot Headed + Superiority Complex: -5

5 + 35 + 65 + 23 - 5 = 123

Even by scoring the Radiancy at its maximum (85), that still makes it 143, which is within the limit. Do we still follow the rule where only 100 can be used for magic, and the other 50 have to be skills? I'm unsure. Again, this is just tentative. Hope it helps :)

Couple of things I would add are points for the power synergy from Duralumin, the only reason Duralumin is usually so low is that it's meaningless by itself. So I would add an extra 40 for the intangibility (Usually one of the highest rated Prime Invincibilities but since it's a one and done it's getting a significant downgrade). I'd also put the blade at a 25 because non-rounded numbers hurt my brain. Then lastly 25 points for the stonemasonry.

That being said this would put us at 190 which is over the cap. Big one I would say is to potentially just remove the pseudo shardbladed, if you play them over multiple eras they might be able to advance oaths and eye weirdness can be picked up any number of ways for example from Radiancy.

@mathiau

Here's Marie's V2, I removed the epic power and A-duralumin and increase her fighting skills

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics:  25 years old. Tall from her father’s Terris and mother Rosharan origins, Makabaki skin colour (dark), yellow eyes.

Investiture:  1st oath Willshaper (spren: Polaris)

Skills: Skilled longsword and shardblade combat, average dagger combat. Skilled stone carver

Equipment: a few perfect perfect gemstones, an aluminium sword, and an aluminium dagger. An imperfect amethyst embedded in shardblade metal she wears as a pendant (used to be the gem that allowed NullBlade’s blade to be bounded). Own some stone carving tools but generally doesn't have them on herself.

Fighting Style: Will attempt to impede her enemies’ mobility with Cohesion while fighting them with her blade

Theme Song: Solence - Cold, not that she realises it

@I think I am here.@Voidus

Edited by mathiau

On 17/04/2022 at 6:49 PM, mathiau said:

Here's Marie's V2, I removed the epic power and A-duralumin and increase her fighting skills

Hide contents

Physical Characteristics:  25 years old. Tall from her father’s Terris and mother Rosharan origins, Makabaki skin colour (dark), yellow eyes.

Investiture:  1st oath Willshaper (spren: Polaris)

Skills: Skilled longsword and shardblade combat, average dagger combat. Skilled stone carver

Equipment: a few perfect perfect gemstones, an aluminium sword, and an aluminium dagger. An imperfect amethyst embedded in shardblade metal she wears as a pendant (used to be the gem that allowed NullBlade’s blade to be bounded). Own some stone carving tools but generally doesn't have them on herself.

Fighting Style: Will attempt to impede her enemies’ mobility with Cohesion while fighting them with her blade

Theme Song: Solence - Cold, not that she realises it

@I think I am here.@Voidus

85 (M) +75(S) -10 (W) = 150 on the dot

Approved

Here's an OP character:

The Quarkbeast

Name: The Quarkbeast

Appearance: purple-blue scaled walrus with a mouth full of sharp fangs that always seems to be grinning happily, bulldog-esque face. Only ever says “Quark”, cannot say anything else.

Investiture: limited-range teleportation, like an electron (across a proportional distance). Scales make it indestructible. Does not age.

Skills: eating anything and not getting hurt by it. Also can move at 30 mph by running (looks really funny, it’s a walrus). Eats through metal, actually its favorite food.

Equipment: Do the teeth count?

Weakness: does not understand people, also takes about an hour for it to chew through 3 inches of titanium or god metals (can chew through a school bus lengthwise in under 2)

Family: None. It is a quantum enigma

Home Planet: Unknown

Backstory: Randomly appeared in the Alleyverse just after the forging, it has not been heard of elsewhere in the Sanderworlds. Wanders around, sometimes biting those it considers bad people.

Guild: Unaffiliated, It does not understand the concept.

Psyche: Relatively intelligent, but on the level of an average human. Does not understand many human concepts, and considers many of the ones it does rather odd. Except for lunchtime, and any other food-related time. It often scares small children and makes the frail feel faint, but it is very friendly.

OP traits

Intended threat level: Quark. (Individual. Can take off your hand, but is mostly live and let live. Most dangerous to people with spiked baked goods, as it has found that the spiked food is tasty. It does not like many epics, but it will normally only growl.)

Story Purpose: QUARK! (comedy, and perhaps a distraction. I mostly want people to be confused by it)

Benefit: QuArK! (fun side interaction, perhaps a friend for those who are lonely and practice knife safety. It could be fun to have him wander in and randomly eat something mildly important to the opposition and have them be startled.)

Foible: qUaRk? (not sure if this is actually relevant, its only intention is to sample all the metals and foods in the universe and figure out which one it likes best.)

Modus Operandi: If it gets into a fight, it either teleports away or bites the weapons being directed at it.

Name: Therim Daenyron (he/him/his)

Physical Appearance: Male, 39 years old, but looks aged beyond his years. Has long, fiery orange hair not quite at his shoulders, and patchy, graying facial hair. Small scars line his chin and cheek, and he walks with a slight limp in his left leg. He is about 5'9", and of average muscular build. He wears leather boots, breeches, a graying tunic with a traveler's coat with leather straps and bracers.

Investiture: Tineye

Weakness: Mysterious limp, old age, trauma from his past has caused mental health issues, including PTSD flashbacks/nightmares

Special Skills: Very educated, knows much of the world, can play the lute extremely well, is an incredible story teller, very good at any dicing game

Weapons: Only weapon he carries is an old dagger made of a steel, with tin lining the handle. Despite how nondescript it sounds, it carries importance to Therim.

Family: Unknown wife, but was definitely married at some point, had a daughter but died at a young age

Home: Orginally lived with his wife and daughter on Scadrial, in the Skaa district of Luthadel

History: Little is known of Therim Daenyron. Only a few know of his past: that he was once an assassin for hire. However, when his daughter was killed eight years ago by mercenaries paid to exact revenge on Therim by the mother of a man he killed, Therim left his life as an assassin. The dagger he carries was the one he used to kill the mercenaries to try to save his daughter. But, he was too late, and his daughter had been killed. Therim vowed never to use any weapon to harm another being, and he keeps the dagger as a reminder. This is also the moment when Therim Snapped; the grief and pain of losing his daughter was too much to bear. Currently, he is a gleeman, traveling the world with no apparent goal. He stays in taverns when he can, where he entertains in exchange for food and shelter. Otherwise he sleeps in the streets or on the side of the road. His only purpose, if any, is to help others in bad situations. More specifically, he is sympathetic to young people who have made irreversible mistakes, and he tries to help them the best he can.

Personality: Is very rational and intelligent, but prefers to be alone when he can. He also has an air of mystery surrounding him, as if he knows something you don't. Refuses to talk about past. Can be very gruff with people when he is annoyed.

19 hours ago, Kvothe the Bloodless said:

Name: Therim Daenyron (he/him/his)

Physical Appearance: Male, 39 years old, but looks aged beyond his years. Has long, fiery orange hair not quite at his shoulders, and patchy, graying facial hair. Small scars line his chin and cheek, and he walks with a slight limp in his left leg. He is about 5'9", and of average muscular build. He wears leather boots, breeches, a graying tunic with a traveler's coat with leather straps and bracers.

Investiture: Tineye

Weakness: Mysterious limp, old age, trauma from his past has caused mental health issues, including PTSD flashbacks/nightmares

Special Skills: Very educated, knows much of the world, can play the lute extremely well, is an incredible story teller, very good at any dicing game

Weapons: Only weapon he carries is an old dagger made of a steel, with tin lining the handle. Despite how nondescript it sounds, it carries importance to Therim.

Family: Unknown wife, but was definitely married at some point, had a daughter but died at a young age

Home: Orginally lived with his wife and daughter on Scadrial, in the Skaa district of Luthadel

History: Little is known of Therim Daenyron. Only a few know of his past: that he was once an assassin for hire. However, when his daughter was killed eight years ago by mercenaries paid to exact revenge on Therim by the mother of a man he killed, Therim left his life as an assassin. The dagger he carries was the one he used to kill the mercenaries to try to save his daughter. But, he was too late, and his daughter had been killed. Therim vowed never to use any weapon to harm another being, and he keeps the dagger as a reminder. This is also the moment when Therim Snapped; the grief and pain of losing his daughter was too much to bear. Currently, he is a gleeman, traveling the world with no apparent goal. He stays in taverns when he can, where he entertains in exchange for food and shelter. Otherwise he sleeps in the streets or on the side of the road. His only purpose, if any, is to help others in bad situations. More specifically, he is sympathetic to young people who have made irreversible mistakes, and he tries to help them the best he can.

Personality: Is very rational and intelligent, but prefers to be alone when he can. He also has an air of mystery surrounding him, as if he knows something you don't. Refuses to talk about past. Can be very gruff with people when he is annoyed.

Tin: 30
Intelligence: 35
Scholarship: 40

Weaknesses: -15

That'd put him on a 90 which is comfortably in limits even assuming that a former assassin retains at least a little skill with assassination techniques and melee fighting.

Approved.

17 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

we need to get a mod to review it, so @MacThorstenson@AonEne

We're discussing, OP characters tend to take a little longer for us to get to because it's not just an approval of point totals. But we've seen it and are discussing :) 

@EmulatonStromenkiin

Sorry for the delay with the response, I just wanted to touch up on what our approval process was for OP characters with the other mods. 

For reference, the AV subforum mods are Sorana, who is occupied with irl stuff right now so don't tag her, I think I am here, who is pretty active, Voidus, who is a general mod as well, Aon Ene, who is also a sight wide mod, and me. Generally me and Voidus are the ones you should tag for character approvals, with Voidus being much better about epic powers. 

First off, I want to say that I love this character idea, it fits really well with the roots of the AV and can act as some good humor in a truely depressing city, that said, there are a couple issues with this specific pitch, mainly related to the idea of consent. 

OP characters are a bit different then normal characters, and we really want them to be tied to and have a role in the plot. Because they are the persons character, they have as much agency and choice as a normal character, and so don't necessarily need permission to show up in a space. Any PC can just go places, they don't need to ask if they want to show up in the hospital and be an antagonist for example. With OP characters this is difficult because they can access many more places, and they don't need to ask permission. Thats why we ask them to be tied to a location and give them an in character reason not to go sweeping across the city changing things. Their characters motivations and actions need to be really well defined so that other people can plan around them.

With the Quark this is a bit problematic, as it can get anywhere and appear/escape without consequence, which could wreck havoc on the story telling in a scene without any say from the people in the scene. I would be worried about a touching scene between laurelai and lita being disrupted by the quark showing up in the background. In the past we have had issues of people showing up and doing things with their OP characters that wrecked settings and stories people wanted to tell.

With that in mind, I would encourage you to change this to an NPC, with the general idea that you use it in scenes with people who are generally accepting that it can show up, either through pming or other consent. I understand that the spontaneity is part of the humor with this, but its very important to make sure that people who find this funny are the ones who it happens to. 

Another option is specifically binding this to a location, and not giving it free reign. People then can choose to enter that location where it acts as a set piece, and can interact with them. Then it would still be an OP character, and you could still preserve the spontaneity of Quark as it wouldn't be a guaranteed interaction, and could happen randomly. If you end up going with this option, you would need to figure out a thread or group of threads where it can appear, and detail when and where that would happen. Also the second step for an OP character approval is it goes for a community vote, so it would also need to pass that.

For reference, the DA does a combination of these things with our absurdist worldbuilding. We keep it contained to the DA thread, and only have people who we know are chill with it interact with it in certain scenes. That way it doesn't impact larger story telling arcs and emotional moments. If you wanted to do this, and combine the two options with the Quarkbeast staying in a specific thread and only appearing to people who are generally ok with it, it wouldn't need to go to community approval. 

Edited by MacThorstenson

11 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

@EmulatonStromenkiin

Sorry for the delay with the response, I just wanted to touch up on what our approval process was for OP characters with the other mods. 

For reference, the AV subforum mods are Sorana, who is occupied with irl stuff right now so don't tag her, I think I am here, who is pretty active, Voidus, who is a general mod as well, Aon Ene, who is also a sight wide mod, and me. Generally me and Voidus are the ones you should tag for character approvals, with Voidus being much better about epic powers. 

First off, I want to say that I love this character idea, it fits really well with the roots of the AV and can act as some good humor in a truely depressing city, that said, there are a couple issues with this specific pitch, mainly related to the idea of consent. 

OP characters are a bit different then normal characters, and we really want them to be tied to and have a role in the plot. Because they are the persons character, they have as much agency and choice as a normal character, and so don't necessarily need permission to show up in a space. Any PC can just go places, they don't need to ask if they want to show up in the hospital and be an antagonist for example. With OP characters this is difficult because they can access many more places, and they don't need to ask permission. Thats why we ask them to be tied to a location and give them an in character reason not to go sweeping across the city changing things. Their characters motivations and actions need to be really well defined so that other people can plan around them.

With the Quark this is a bit problematic, as it can get anywhere and appear/escape without consequence, which could wreck havoc on the story telling in a scene without any say from the people in the scene. I would be worried about a touching scene between laurelai and lita being disrupted by the quark showing up in the background. In the past we have had issues of people showing up and doing things with their OP characters that wrecked settings and stories people wanted to tell.

With that in mind, I would encourage you to change this to an NPC, with the general idea that you use it in scenes with people who are generally accepting that it can show up, either through pming or other consent. I understand that the spontaneity is part of the humor with this, but its very important to make sure that people who find this funny are the ones who it happens to. 

Another option is specifically binding this to a location, and not giving it free reign. People then can choose to enter that location where it acts as a set piece, and can interact with them. Then it would still be an OP character, and you could still preserve the spontaneity of Quark as it wouldn't be a guaranteed interaction, and could happen randomly. If you end up going with this option, you would need to figure out a thread or group of threads where it can appear, and detail when and where that would happen. Also the second step for an OP character approval is it goes for a community vote, so it would also need to pass that.

For reference, the DA does a combination of these things with our absurdist worldbuilding. We keep it contained to the DA thread, and only have people who we know are chill with it interact with it in certain scenes. That way it doesn't impact larger story telling arcs and emotional moments. If you wanted to do this, and combine the two options with the Quarkbeast staying in a specific thread and only appearing to people who are generally ok with it, it wouldn't need to go to community approval. 

this makes sense, I understand the problems. I would probably tie it to the Forge, If I can get permission. Lots of scrap to eat there. It would not appear anywhere else in the alleyverse unless invited, and only for limited amounts of time. Perhaps is visible to all characters in said area, but will not interact with them without permission? Just mentioned so that they know it is there and can choose beyond that.

6 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

this makes sense, I understand the problems. I would probably tie it to the Forge, If I can get permission. Lots of scrap to eat there. It would not appear anywhere else in the alleyverse unless invited, and only for limited amounts of time. Perhaps is visible to all characters in said area, but will not interact with them without permission? Just mentioned so that they know it is there and can choose beyond that.

That would be great, and you don't need to keep it visible at all times. Just let people rping in the thread know that its a possibility, and to let you know if it would be chill if it showed up. 

Also you could have it move around in the Alley city thread so long as the people are chill with it.

Just now, MacThorstenson said:

That would be great, and you don't need to keep it visible at all times. Just let people rping in the thread know that its a possibility, and to let you know if it would be chill if it showed up. 

Also you could have it move around in the Alley city thread so long as the people are chill with it.

cool, I'll ask the person in charge of the Forge if it's okay. Who's in charge of the Forge? @Karnatheon, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this somewhere else but just to make sure someone sees it and is okay with it, this is my character-

1st Ideal Radiant: 90 points

Mastermind: 65 points

Assasination: Skilled, 60 points

Scholarship: Expert, 40 points

Flaws: Holds grudges (-5), has a superiority complex (-5), has an extreme case of scriptophobia (-10), is greedy (-5), vain (-5), doesn't care about killing (-5), is bigoted against all other thieves/assassins (-10), very judgemental (-5), paranoid (-5), is neat and hates messiness to a fault (-5), very sarcastic and rude, no respect (-5), insomnia, somniphobia, and oneirophobia (this is due to her having nightmares of her parents dying, the fact that whenever she fell asleep working for the lighteyes she was beat, etc. -30), and phobophobia (-10 [I chose 10 because of her many phobias, and the fact that she can't deal with the fact she has these fears because she fears the fact she has those fears.])

Her Name: Sarian (pronunced Sar-ee-on) Voldin

Her Backstory: She was poor. Her father and mother were renowned historians, but after a scandal---since her father was a darkeyes---her parents had to leave everything behind. One of her eyes is violet while the other is brown, but she has a permanent lightweaving illusion around her brown eye to make it look purple. After their fall from power, her parents---her father a darkeyes of 6th dahn, and her mother a middle-class lighteyes---not used to not being able to rely on anyone, had their health slowly dwindle. When she was still a child, her family was found by a group of lighteyed thieves who took them over to a lighteyed estate and received a good deal of money for it. Her and her family were put in jail and beat beyond recognition. Her mother slowly went insane, and was killed. Her father, only kept around because of his intelligence, began teaching her everything he knew, and soon she surpassed him. Her father, overcome with grief, finally died too. Then she was left, and was going to die when a Cryptic came and bonded her. She developed scritophobia because the only reason she was kept alive was because of how she wrote. Her intelligence led her to becoming more important to the lighteyes who had taken them into custody then her parents had been to him, and she was forced to write essays, forge documents, write tax reports, etc. She never got over the fact that her talent for words led to her and her family being hurt. She never wanted to write for anyone else again, and developed the fear of writing in public, because someone could steal her words. Her words had been the only thing she had ever owned, and that had been taken away from her, something she didn't want to happen again. When she finally escaped, she swore she would murder the lighteyes who had hurt her family, and developed a hatred for thieves and villains, because they had been the ones to turn her family over to the lighteyes. She became one of them---an assassin and a mastermind---to hunt down other assassins. Of course, she'll do any job if you pay her enough for it.

She learned 5 things from her expirience. 

1. People---more specifically, thieves---will do anything for money. 

2. No matter what, you have to make yourself useful. If not, you die.

3. Everyone else is weak-minded. Their minds will buckle under pressure. You're better than them.

4. You can't care about anyone else. Everyone just wants to hurt you.

5. Death is an everyday thing. In fact, it's an escape. 

Edited by SymphonianBookworm

Character in need of assessment, I know the powers for a fact, except for polyglot, and am also not sure about the gear and weaknesses. Points bolded for easy finding. I present, 

Demaren Technotic(tech-not-ic)

Spoiler

Name: Demaren Technotic

Physical Characteristics: one piercing blue eye on his left, one dark brown one on his right. Red hair. Pale skin. 6 foot even

Investiture: None.

Skills: Highly intelligent(not genius, but more than standard intelligent ~ +25); expert at crafting technology from basic resources(think Verne-type superhero, primarily is application of intelligence, +40); Amateur Artifabrian, is a hobby for him, but resonates with his tech skills(+10); Latent polyglot capabilities, As awakening them will take a while upon entering the Alleyverse(triggered by the Worldspike’s common tongue) this is a note for future reference, and will help with character development.

Equipment: Foil Soulcaster(metal creation +25); Enhanced glasses capable of projecting plans to be manipulated virtually, and zooming in on objects he is working on (+10 confirmed. They’re mostly for helping with his work. He actually needs them as glasses to be able to see). Trades services and tech for other things to expand his inventory. Basic clothes.

Weakness: Lost a leg to an explosion in his former home, so moves slowly with a cane, and prefers to stay in one spot(-10); shortsighted, needs glasses; Thick accent; Due to backstory, does not trust authority, especially those in authority with some sort of magical power. (-5)Strongly dislikes Epics of any type

Family: none, lived alone on home world, parents and grandparents died due to natural causes.

Home Planet: Reckoners-earth

Backstory: He was 20 or so when Calamity came. Lived through a technological revolution in calamity-era Reckoners earth. He was forced to build fancy gadgets for the Epics, which he did not mind because working for them gave him access to resources. He was primarily controlled by the one called Nightweaver, who sometimes leased him out to other Epics. He had been constantly emotionally abused by the Epics, and so distrusts them and any magically powerful being in a position of power. Nightweaver, the Epic he worked for once brought some odd crystals (paired gemstones) to him, and he experimented with them, gaining some knowledge without any prejudices about them. Nightweaver also had gotten ahold of a Foil soulcaster, and Demaren learned how to use it. Nightweaver’s base was destroyed in an Epic battle, and an emergency destruction sequence blew off and cauterized his leg. At this point, after waiting for the fight to calm down, he salvaged what he could from the rubble, including the Soulcaster and several small machines with the gemstones, and escaped into the woods. He found, completely by accident, a circle of six strange standing stones in the middle of the wilderness, and entry into it knocked him out and shifted him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Psyche: lonely, but used to being alone. Something of an introverted extrovert. Enjoys being around people, but not necessarily talking with them. Somewhat disillusioned and cynical, but has odd spurts of hope and trust. Has a very slow temper, but when his patience runs out it can be devastating.

Appearance: 

at_WzZyVcjnbenCdZ3s_HllETJujn24Uc4vc1zGpcYXiytk2n8MoughLbIMaqI5RaWzDh_78-sYDyxFuPH3NfhlRuythATSywv8xRXyB7QZLUpcqzSeOGR2rNc3-Zb2OFErzLKnXsYVAUwe2

Fighting style: Run away. Has no more fighting capabilities than the average human.

@Voidus, @MacThorstenson

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

On 5/27/2022 at 1:20 AM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Character in need of assessment, I know the powers for a fact, except for polyglot, and am also not sure about the gear and weaknesses. Points bolded for easy finding. I present, 

Demaren Technotic(tech-not-ic)

Hide contents

Name: Demaren Technotic

Physical Characteristics: one piercing blue eye on his left, one dark brown one on his right. Red hair. Pale skin. 6 foot even

Investiture: None.

Skills: Highly intelligent(not genius, but more than standard intelligent ~ +25?); expert at crafting technology from basic resources(think Verne-type superhero, +40); Amateur Artifabrian, is a hobby for him, but resonates with his tech skills(+10); Latent polyglot capabilities, As awakening them will take a while upon entering the Alleyverse(triggered by the Worldspike’s common tongue) this is a note for future reference, and will help with character development.

Equipment: Foil Soulcaster(metal creation +25); Enhanced glasses capable of projecting plans to be manipulated virtually, and zooming in on objects he is working on (+30? Dunno. They’re mostly for helping with his work. He actually needs them as glasses to be able to see). Trades services and tech for other things to expand his inventory. Basic clothes.

Weakness: Lost a leg to an explosion in his former home, so moves slowly with a cane, and prefers to stay in one spot(-10); shortsighted, needs glasses; Thick accent; Due to backstory, does not trust authority, especially those in authority with some sort of magical power. (-5?)Strongly dislikes Epics of any type

Family: none, lived alone on home world, parents and grandparents died due to natural causes.

Home Planet: Reckoners-earth

Backstory: He was 20 or so when Calamity came. Lived through a technological revolution in calamity-era Reckoners earth. He was forced to build fancy gadgets for the Epics, which he did not mind because working for them gave him access to resources. However, he was constantly emotionally abused by the Epics, and so distrusts them and any magically powerful being in a position of power. The Epic he worked for once brought some odd crystals (paired gemstones) to him, and he experimented with them, gaining some knowledge without any prejudices about them. The same Epic also had gotten ahold of a Foil Soulcaster, and Demaren learned how to use it. The base was destroyed in an Epic battle, which blew off and cauterized his leg. At this point, after waiting for the fight to calm down, he salvaged what he could from the rubble, including the Soulcaster and several small machines, and escaped into the woods. He found, completely by accident, a circle of six strange standing stones in the middle of the wilderness, and entry into it knocked him out and shifted him to the Alleyverse.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Psyche: lonely, but used to being alone. Something of an introverted extrovert. Enjoys being around people, but not necessarily talking with them. Somewhat disillusioned and cynical, but has odd spurts of hope and trust. Has a very slow temper, but when his patience runs out it can be devastating.

Appearance: 

bzzCVpFQ7TrLQkxnMTt5eTGOYMdd_9IY9Fz2wlxt2NDqis8xijlHWvWqUNHIRTv3YCGqNaN9VdBzQcRKEOjlUg_ugTu4luW1Qda5heFNmApbnG-_Ynsd6w0shgih89k1uQ-z7uEF0ersWL4s

Fighting style: Run away. Has no more fighting capabilities than the average human.

@Voidus, @MacThorstenson

So the big one here is going to be the extent of 'tech creation', I'm happy to give this preliminary approval but just with a note that we may need to discuss down the line if it just becomes a gadget for every occasion type situation or pulling out some OP technology that are basically just magic. But happy to see how it plays out for now and approve this, points are mostly accurate though I wouldn't put the glasses at anything above a 10 since it's just utility stuff. Well within point limits based on that.
Approved.