Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

On 01/08/2021 at 0:01 PM, Fabien said:

Hi! I made a character for this, if it's still alive! This world looks pretty cool and I look forward to joining!

Hide contents

Name: Bene

Physical Characteristics: A bunch of cremlings in a trenchcoat. They're about the size of a small child because of separation from the main group of cremlings

Investiture: Dysian Aimian, Aviar (the coppercloud one)

Skills: Skilled in Thievery (because dissolving into crabs is very useful for escaping)

Equipment: A trenchcoat, a hat, whatever they've stolen recently

Weakness: They were split off from the main group of cremlings in mind and body, so they don't remember anything before the Alleyverse, they don't know anything about Investiture, they don't know why they're cremlings in a trenchcoat (or even what cremlings are), they don't know their bird is an Aviar, they don't know what an Aviar is, etc. They also remember much about the world and have very bad social skills as a result.

Home planet: Roshar

Backstory: Somehow got Cognitively separated from the main group, wandered around the Alleyverse for a while

Guild: Unaffiliated, I guess

Personality: Naive, childlike, constantly dazzled by the world around them, no sense of horror. Just vibing

Fighting style: Dissolve into cremlings and flee. If they have to fight, they dissolve into cremlings and swarm over their opponent while using their claws

Not too active these days but there's a recent revival attempt you could try jumping into.

Investiture: 55 + 35
Skills: 40
Weaknesses: limited cremlings (-15), lack of knowledge (-10), socially inept (-5)

Total: 90 (M) + 40 (S) - 30 (W) = 100

Approved, and my appreciation for what I assume is an homage to the kobolds in a trenchcoat idea :P

• 3 months later...

Name: Amic

Physical Characteristics: He has a small build. He is short, and always wears a strange sword on his hip. Light blue eyes and a clean cut beard. His clothes are fairly con

Investiture: First Ideal: 90 - 5 - 50 (see backstory and weakness) Knight Radiant (skybreaker) 

Skills: 75 expert melee fighter

Equipment: 90 An awakened sword.

. While seeking the Nightwatcher.  Weakness: 200 - 50  He hates fighting, The sword on his hip, and causing death. He draws it only for the most extreme emergency, and cant fight hand to hand. Unprepared to fight a real opponent, because of his sword. He has a massive tendency to underestimate opponents.

Family: Wife and three kids  They are all dead.

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: 

He is from a small tribe on Nalthis, that discovered how to awaken steel. They believe in the god Elshi (el-sh-I). There god requested a blade, a person to do his will. Amic proved his skill with a sword and his devotion. He was selected and the following occurred:

“You must understand the thing you carry” The elder of the tribe said as he rammed the sword in his wife's chest. There was no blood. She simply turned into a dark smoke. Amic struggled against his bonds as a feeling of grief welled up inside him that threatened to destroy his mind. “Remember how easily you can kill with this blade.” The elder said as he nicked Amic daughter with it, she poofed into mist. He yanked on his bonds. He had to get to this awful wicked man who was killing his family. The cords dug into his skin. Blood dripped from his wrists. The elder killed his son, his only son. A boy of nine. His last daughter who was only 4 looked at him with an expression of pure terror. He had to get over there to comfort her to do something to help. Then she was gone. 

He stopped struggling. The elder cut him free, and put the sword in a silvery sheath. He handed the sword to Amic. Amic shook his head

“Take it.” The elder growled. Amic did and unsheathed and rammed the sword in the elders gut.

Since then he left the village and his religion behind, and traveled to Roshar. While there he attracted a high spren, and swore first oath.

Guild (can be unaffiliated):

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): Depressed, and Exhausted.

Personality: Distant, uncaring. 

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional):

Fighting Style: Large swings, optimal for cutting people down. Can duel but not used to it.

On 29/11/2021 at 11:08 PM, SzethTheHonorblade said:

Name: Amic

Physical Characteristics: He has a small build. He is short, and always wears a strange sword on his hip. Light blue eyes and a clean cut beard. His clothes are fairly con

Investiture: First Ideal: 90 - 5 - 50 (see backstory and weakness) Knight Radiant (skybreaker) 

Skills: 75 expert melee fighter

Equipment: 90 An awakened sword.

. While seeking the Nightwatcher.  Weakness: 200 - 50  He hates fighting, The sword on his hip, and causing death. He draws it only for the most extreme emergency, and cant fight hand to hand. Unprepared to fight a real opponent, because of his sword. He has a massive tendency to underestimate opponents.

Family: Wife and three kids  They are all dead.

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: 

He is from a small tribe on Nalthis, that discovered how to awaken steel. They believe in the god Elshi (el-sh-I). There god requested a blade, a person to do his will. Amic proved his skill with a sword and his devotion. He was selected and the following occurred:

“You must understand the thing you carry” The elder of the tribe said as he rammed the sword in his wife's chest. There was no blood. She simply turned into a dark smoke. Amic struggled against his bonds as a feeling of grief welled up inside him that threatened to destroy his mind. “Remember how easily you can kill with this blade.” The elder said as he nicked Amic daughter with it, she poofed into mist. He yanked on his bonds. He had to get to this awful wicked man who was killing his family. The cords dug into his skin. Blood dripped from his wrists. The elder killed his son, his only son. A boy of nine. His last daughter who was only 4 looked at him with an expression of pure terror. He had to get over there to comfort her to do something to help. Then she was gone. 

He stopped struggling. The elder cut him free, and put the sword in a silvery sheath. He handed the sword to Amic. Amic shook his head

“Take it.” The elder growled. Amic did and unsheathed and rammed the sword in the elders gut.

Since then he left the village and his religion behind, and traveled to Roshar. While there he attracted a high spren, and swore first oath.

Guild (can be unaffiliated):

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): Depressed, and Exhausted.

Personality: Distant, uncaring. 

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional):

Fighting Style: Large swings, optimal for cutting people down. Can duel but not used to it.

First Ideal Radiant: 90
Expert melee fighter: 75
Awakened Blade: 90

Weaknesses:
Radiant Oath
Underestimates opponents (-10)
Aversion to killing (-30)

90 (M) + 75 (S) + 90 (E) -45 (W) = 210
This one's still pretty far over where we cap abilities, might need to reconsider some of this like whether an Awakened blade is necessary for what you're aiming for. Also not sure if there was supposed to be more to this? Looks like some of the sentences are cut off.

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

Name: Darien Tanlend, but also his brother Elek Tanlend.

Physical Characteristics: has short messy auburn hair and has green eyes. he has a thin strength about him, he is tall and thin. he is 22.

Investiture: lightweaver of third ideal.

Skills: skilled with knives and martial arts. has good art skills and can be found doodling on a piece of paper. he is good at forensics and solving mysteries.

Equipment: two steel knives, has a pad of paper and a set of pencils. he has a flask of water at his side always and a few pouches of coins.

Weakness: (I wanted to say kryptonite but that would be ridiculous) the past, trauma, blah blah blah.

Family: his family was killed, they were officials on a journey to another city and brigands ambushed them and killed them. 

Home Planet: alley verse.

Backstory: when he was three he was left with a babysitter and his parents and the rest of his family went on a business trip but they were ambushed by brigands. He lived on the streets for most of his childhood but he found the ghostbloods eventually and joined them when he was fifteen. he got spiked with his brother's soul when he was five when his brother died.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated for now, has own motivations.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): he was spiked with his brother's soul so now he is two people in one. He hears his brother.

Personality: serious at times. quick to make a sarcastic comment or pun. quick to smile.

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): What could have been by Sting and Ray Chen.

Fighting Style: judo, kung fu and karate. he also is fond of and is skilled at knife fighting. 

here is a character I made for the alley verse! this will be fun! I hope it is fine if I make my character two characters in one? they would be able to switch who is in control of the body, one of them is Darien the other is Elek.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Here's a new character I made as it seems like things are rolling again. I designed him with the Charlatan background from DND in mind.  He should only have about 70 points for his intelligence, fighting ability and Allomancy. The other 80 points I hope are room enough to cover forging abilities, extreme charisma, and a decent knowledge of disguises and infiltration, as well as Tia cards. If there's anything left over bump it into inteligance.

Spoiler

TOP SECRET
IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO
INTERPLANETARY REVENUE SERVICES NALTHIS OFFICE

CRIMINAL DOSSIER

NAME: Ronald Darsen

KNOWN ALIASES: 
Camm, Kam, Kamnmn, qam, “the second most [REDACTED]-able guy next to ken from security”, Can, Nac, Kanm.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Very attractive. 
Just shy of 6 scadrian feet tall
Dark gray hair, but with a little bit of white sprinkled in on the sides. (imagine mitt romney's hair for coloring, but not style or hairline, his head is a lot more full.)
Has a taste for fine suits. 

NOTE: He’s not bad looking, but when his former colleagues were surveyed they thought he was a heartthrob. I personally don’t see the appeal. His personality was blander than vegetable oil. 
-Arnold

NOTE 2: You’re just mad that we thought he was better looking than you.
-Joanne

NOTE 3: Please for Ado’s sake keep personal notes out of the Dossier’s. As your manager I’m gonna be the one catching flack for unprofessionalism. But yes, he was better looking than you Arnold.
-Molly

SKILLS: 
Pissing us off.
Tax evasion
Insurance fraud
Faking his death
Being Hot.

NOTE: Arnold, these aren’t skills, please remove them from the file and be more professional next time.
-Molly

NOTE 2: He’s done them enough that I’m starting to think that he specifically trained for them, but fine. I’ll pull them out later.
-Arnold

OTHER SKILLS:
Master Forger, not magical, but still very good.
Brass Allomancy
Intelligent
Amature hand to hand combatant, enough to safely disengage from a normal street fight.
Very good at talking and negotiating his way out of situations.
He can disappear incredibly quickly from alleys. 
Expert knowledge of multiple tax codes
Expert accountant and investor.
Excellent at Money laundering.

EQUIPMENT:
Carries a briefcase with his papers as well as 2 knifes that seem to be fashioned from metal spikes.
Also has a couple Aon Tia plates that can be used to escape as a last resort.
Has been seen with a bowler hat on.

KNOWN WEAKNESSES:
Doesn’t like head on confrontation
Gambling
Has expensive tastes and an affinity for chocolate.
Seems to have a fascination with staples. Was constantly seen with them while muttering about how bloodless they are.
Terrified of someone known as Cam. 
Terrified of HR.
Terrified of the IRS

NOTE: I don’t know if I buy that last one, when I knew the man he seems to have balls of dragonsteel. But apparently when the IRS’s name is mentioned he pales and breaks into a cold sweat and immediately has somewhere else to be.
-Arnold.

FAMILY AND OTHER ASSOCIATES: Always claimed he was married to the work. Appears to pose as family members to collect life insurance. We are not sure if a family actually exists.

HOME PLANET: ??? 

CRIMES: (Note that many of these have occurred on different planets)
Tax fraud (39x)
Obstruction of justice (437x) (including but not limited too, Evading cops, missing court hearings etc.)
Corporate fraud (46x)
Tampering with Evidence (~1000+x)
Falsification of financial information (~700x)
Insider trading (230x)
Money Laundering (Continuous, it appears to be his full time job)
Insurance fraud (12x for life insurance, 22x for vehicle and house insurance).
Arson (4x)
Investment fraud (1x, pyramid scheme, ongoing)
Broker Embezzlement (1x)
Market Manipulation (3x)

CURRENT EMPLOYER: The Dark Alley.

DESCRIPTION:

Ronald seems to be a mid to high ranking official in the DA accounting department (DAAD), and as such it is suspected that he plays a large role in keeping their books clean. That said, he also appears to either do side work often where he will, for a price, assist another company in cleaning up their books. He also has been known to infiltrate companies, gain access to their finances, and then steal from them slowly over the years, amassing vast sums of wealth.

He has been known to be a gambler, enjoying high stakes games of cards and roulette. He also seems to have a compulsion forcing him to put stakes on many tasks. 

Despite being a financial criminal, Ronald also has skills related to corporate espionage and information gathering. Furthermore he is extremely charismatic and personable. This seems to be how he gains clients and moves up the ranks quickly in whatever organization he is placed in.

He also managed to infiltrate the IRS and destroy his previous dossier, so do consider him highly dangerous. And do not let this dossier near any of the interns please.

Personality: 
Known to be extremely devious and cunning yet does not like to have confrontation and will attempt to flee most if not all physical fights he gets into. Prefers de escalation and cowardice to confrontation.

Fighting style: Has been known to use knives to fight, yet prefers to disengage and flee.

23 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Here's a new character I made as it seems like things are rolling again. I designed him with the Charlatan background from DND in mind.  He should only have about 70 points for his intelligence, fighting ability and Allomancy. The other 80 points I hope are room enough to cover forging abilities, extreme charisma, and a decent knowledge of disguises and infiltration, as well as Tia cards. If there's anything left over bump it into inteligance.

Reveal hidden contents

TOP SECRET
IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO
INTERPLANETARY REVENUE SERVICES NALTHIS OFFICE

CRIMINAL DOSSIER

NAME: Ronald Darsen

KNOWN ALIASES: 
Camm, Kam, Kamnmn, qam, “the second most [REDACTED]-able guy next to ken from security”, Can, Nac, Kanm.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Very attractive. 
Just shy of 6 scadrian feet tall
Dark gray hair, but with a little bit of white sprinkled in on the sides. (imagine mitt romney's hair for coloring, but not style or hairline, his head is a lot more full.)
Has a taste for fine suits. 

NOTE: He’s not bad looking, but when his former colleagues were surveyed they thought he was a heartthrob. I personally don’t see the appeal. His personality was blander than vegetable oil. 
-Arnold

NOTE 2: You’re just mad that we thought he was better looking than you.
-Joanne

NOTE 3: Please for Ado’s sake keep personal notes out of the Dossier’s. As your manager I’m gonna be the one catching flack for unprofessionalism. But yes, he was better looking than you Arnold.
-Molly

SKILLS: 
Pissing us off.
Tax evasion
Insurance fraud
Faking his death
Being Hot.

NOTE: Arnold, these aren’t skills, please remove them from the file and be more professional next time.
-Molly

NOTE 2: He’s done them enough that I’m starting to think that he specifically trained for them, but fine. I’ll pull them out later.
-Arnold

OTHER SKILLS:
Master Forger, not magical, but still very good.
Brass Allomancy
Intelligent
Amature hand to hand combatant, enough to safely disengage from a normal street fight.
Very good at talking and negotiating his way out of situations.
He can disappear incredibly quickly from alleys. 
Expert knowledge of multiple tax codes
Expert accountant and investor.
Excellent at Money laundering.

EQUIPMENT:
Carries a briefcase with his papers as well as 2 knifes that seem to be fashioned from metal spikes.
Also has a couple Aon Tia plates that can be used to escape as a last resort.
Has been seen with a bowler hat on.

KNOWN WEAKNESSES:
Doesn’t like head on confrontation
Gambling
Has expensive tastes and an affinity for chocolate.
Seems to have a fascination with staples. Was constantly seen with them while muttering about how bloodless they are.
Terrified of someone known as Cam. 
Terrified of HR.
Terrified of the IRS

NOTE: I don’t know if I buy that last one, when I knew the man he seems to have balls of dragonsteel. But apparently when the IRS’s name is mentioned he pales and breaks into a cold sweat and immediately has somewhere else to be.
-Arnold.

FAMILY AND OTHER ASSOCIATES: Always claimed he was married to the work. Appears to pose as family members to collect life insurance. We are not sure if a family actually exists.

HOME PLANET: ??? 

CRIMES: (Note that many of these have occurred on different planets)
Tax fraud (39x)
Obstruction of justice (437x) (including but not limited too, Evading cops, missing court hearings etc.)
Corporate fraud (46x)
Tampering with Evidence (~1000+x)
Falsification of financial information (~700x)
Insider trading (230x)
Money Laundering (Continuous, it appears to be his full time job)
Insurance fraud (12x for life insurance, 22x for vehicle and house insurance).
Arson (4x)
Investment fraud (1x, pyramid scheme, ongoing)
Broker Embezzlement (1x)
Market Manipulation (3x)

CURRENT EMPLOYER: The Dark Alley.

DESCRIPTION:

Ronald seems to be a mid to high ranking official in the DA accounting department (DAAD), and as such it is suspected that he plays a large role in keeping their books clean. That said, he also appears to either do side work often where he will, for a price, assist another company in cleaning up their books. He also has been known to infiltrate companies, gain access to their finances, and then steal from them slowly over the years, amassing vast sums of wealth.

He has been known to be a gambler, enjoying high stakes games of cards and roulette. He also seems to have a compulsion forcing him to put stakes on many tasks. 

Despite being a financial criminal, Ronald also has skills related to corporate espionage and information gathering. Furthermore he is extremely charismatic and personable. This seems to be how he gains clients and moves up the ranks quickly in whatever organization he is placed in.

He also managed to infiltrate the IRS and destroy his previous dossier, so do consider him highly dangerous. And do not let this dossier near any of the interns please.

Personality: 
Known to be extremely devious and cunning yet does not like to have confrontation and will attempt to flee most if not all physical fights he gets into. Prefers de escalation and cowardice to confrontation.

Fighting style: Has been known to use knives to fight, yet prefers to disengage and flee.

... is he a master forger (of documents) or master Forger (of Sel Investiture)?

Just now, Ashbringer said:

... is he a master forger (of documents) or master Forger (of Sel Investiture)?

I think I put not magical in there, but yeah he can't forge anything Magically. 

He views it as beneath him to use magical assistants such as that. Furthermore investiture can be detected, but if done well, a good non magical forgery is nearly impossible to detect.

Ah, I remember the old days of the Alleyverse. I was pretty immature back then but I'd love to dip my toes in again at least a little bit, especially as the AV gets rolling again, if you'd have me. Never used the points system for any of my characters as it was implemented in era 3 which is right when my activity tapered off, but I do remember having a character that was quite a bit overpowered:P:ph34r: forgot how storming epic the emoticons are on this site haha

Spoiler

Name:

Zaren Hasting

Aliases:

Starseeker the Bright on Nalthis and in the Alleyverse, Zaren Aladar on Roshar, Zaren but pronounced Zay-reen on Sel 

Appearance/Physical Characteristics

Tall, broad chested, muscular, tan skinned, short black hair, emerald-coloured eyes. 20 years of age. His attractive face and large physique make him look quite a lot like a Returned. In reality, he is half-Scadrian and half-Nalthian- he has the ability to change his appearance (Royal Locks) due to his Returned ancestry. 

Investiture:

Mistborn, the Royal Locks, and the single Breath he was born with (intends to collect more).

Skills:

Decent at Allomancy but not amazing (knows less about the higher metals), athletic, good fighter, intelligent and quick-thinking, good at altering various aspects of his appearance. Knows enough of metallurgy to mix his own alloys and make his own Allomantic vials.

Equipment:

Aluminum knives, numerous vials with the basic Allomantic metals, various disguises including a mistcloak, Returned garb, Arelene/Alethi/Elendel Basin clothing. Returned status on Nalthis/lighteyes status on Roshar/noble status on Scadrial and Sel give him access to enough wealth to basically buy what he needs.

Weakness:

Somewhat naive and inexperienced, not fully trained in Allomancy or in general combat, prefers to negotiate with his enemies instead of fighting with them which doesn't work that great in the AV.

Family:

Zaren's father is a Hasting nobleman who worldhopped over to Nalthis pre-Catacendre, and his mother is an Idrian woman with royal blood. They fell in love and Zaren happens to have just enough Connection to both Preservation and Endowment to enable his unique combination of Investiture.

Home Planet

Would consider Nalthis his home planet, especially ever since the Catacendre when Scadrial was remade. Has hideouts on Scadrial (Elendel), Roshar (Alethkar), Sel (Arelon), Nalthis (Idris), and a home base in the Alleyverse.

Backstory:

Zaren was born on Nalthis,  and his Mistborn father realized that his son was also a Mistborn relatively early on in life. His father then trained him to be decent at Allomancy, but not amazing. At age 18, Zaren faked his own death with a Lifeless assassin and survived the otherwise-fatal wound with pewter, miraculously "Returning" as Starseeker the Bright, altering his appearance and burning metals to make himself appear to be a Returned. This was originally a scheme to gather Breaths as he entered the Court of Gods and would soon get one Breath each week, but his father revealed the truth of the greater Cosmere to Zaren before this unfolded. Intrigued by the implications, Zaren set out to explore, visiting a variety of planets and acquiring unique items and skills from each. He intends to eventually return home to Nalthis and gather more Breaths, but he is currently in the Alleyverse, posing as a brand new Returned that feeds on Stormlight to stay alive. (note that he can't actually feed on Stormlight currently as this is just a cover story)

Guild:

Currently unaffiliated but would be leaning towards TUBA if they're still around 

Personality

Jovial, optimistic, funny, smiley, but also persuasive, cunning, and clever. 

Modus Operandi:

Prefers to first talk to his opponents if he can, hoping to either negotiate or to cause them to relax. If he must fight, he likes to attack quickly, catching them by surprise, and deliver witty one-liners as he does it. His favorite is a right uppercut while yelling "HERE'S THE PUNCHLINE!" at the top of his lungs. If he knows he can't talk, then he usually skips straight to the art of surprise.

Heh yeah, haven't made one of those in a hot minute. I tried to keep him somewhat tame but I guess as a Mistborn he might be over on points. Hopefully it's fine. 

I'm going to try and re-value Cassie for what I'm planning to change as the Era shifts (or whatever happens soon with savantism and things).

Spoiler

Name: Cassandra "Cassie" Adama

Physical Characteristics: A short woman in her 40's-ish with a regal bearing, tends to wear lavender and bronze dresses with a lot of pockets and a long sleeve ending in a glove over her safehand (and Ghostblood tattoo). Her skin is rigid and bronzed, flexible in some places and not in others, with crystalline amethyst eyes and somewhat darker metallic hair.

Investitures: A-Iron Misting (Lurcher), fully metallic Soulcaster Savant. As a savant, can Soulcast more precisely than most, which helps create Allomantically optimum metals and converting the correct substance. Her body is almost entirely metal - while a combination of special Investitures (might have this happen in-Era, might just say it worked across Eras) and embedded gemstones allow her consiousness / Cognitive Shadow to remain attached to her body, it's dependent on Investiture to actually animate and move her body. However, the metal is quite durable, decently well Invested, and somewhat light, and can be 'repaired' with Cassie's own Soulcaster.

Skills: Okay at Lurcher and knife combat (tends to throw knives, "miss", and Pull them into her opponent's back). A skilled metallurgist, Soulcaster, and craftsman - can create the 16 Allomantic metals, as well as industrial steel, titanium, mercury, and alkali metals like sodium (but nothing radioactive). More skilled in periodic elements and general / Metallic Arts alloys that hyperspecific ones.

Equipment: A Soulcaster that only uses amethysts (Soulcasts things into metals), somewhat fused to her right hand. A perfect amethyst embedded in her head to act as a central containment for her consciousness. A few dirks, knives and throwing razors, some aluminum, some steel. Metallurgy equipment (although that's mostly too bulky to carry, even for her).

Weaknesses: Cassie's body is essentially entirely metal - while this does have advantages (mostly outlined in Investiture) it does have some drawbacks. Notably, Cassie's quite slow, unable to truly run with a max speed slightly faster than the average walking speed. Her dexterity is somewhat impeded, but not quite to the same degree, just requiring more time to perform precise tasks. She's dependent on Stormlight, her own Iron, or other Investiture to stay active; if it runs out, she'll essentially freeze into a statue until she gets more (although it's mostly replacing needing food/water). Personality-wise she can also be very vengeful: be a good customer and she'll be very kind. Stiff her payment and she'll throw you out. Threaten her and she may just attack you, or remember the event for when an opportunity presents.

Family: Has a friendly relationship with Byron, Poller, and NullBlade, and acts kindly to anyone who returns the favor. Family is back home on Scadrial, and she sends letters on occasion.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Cassie was born just before the Catecendre, originally Snapped by the mists as a baby. She helped rebuild Scadrial, but never really fit in, so she worldhopped to Roshar alongside Tyrian and [redacted] and procured herself a Soulcaster from an ardent who didn't take kindly to her. She decided to settle down somewhere and set up a Soulcasting shop, and chose the Alleyverse. She now sells Allomantic metals to whomever asks and acts kindly, but is getting worried about the progression of her savanthood and somewhat yearns for the adventures she had in her youth.

In the Alleyverse, she started a business deal with a trader named Lord, who's first order of business was a large order of Hemalurgic Spikes, which Cassie created with some regret. When other forces - including the Ghostbloods who Cassie had contacted - expressed interest in removing the threat, Cassie obliged to help. However the ensuing battle greatly strained her savantism, to the point she discovered most of her body was metal. (And then we go to current plot!)

Guild: Ghostbloods - a recent joiner, but one willing to do quite a bit to advance and repay her debt for them saving her livelihood.

Personality: She tends to be distant from most people, and act at people how they act. She also tends to be incredibly stubborn, but loyal. Otherwise, she's peaceable (if cold) to neutral parties and innocents; and reacts to kindness and aggression in kind (although she's liable to escalate greatly).

Thanks to her savantism, she sometimes acts a lot like the metals she creates: stubborn and only flexible in the right conditions, but strong-willed. She also tends to minorly modify the metal that makes up her body, whether for function or aesthetics (ie creating a pocket to store Iron to burn, slightly changing the color, etc).

Fighting Style: Doesn't like fighting, but tends to throw knives and use her A-Iron, and Soulcast aggressively as a last resort. 

Nowhere near finished (especially because I'm not solid on what events could drive her too this, whether the Ghostbloods/DA are majorly involved, etc) but this is the "endgame" I've got for her.

19 hours ago, BitBitio said:

Ah, I remember the old days of the Alleyverse. I was pretty immature back then but I'd love to dip my toes in again at least a little bit, especially as the AV gets rolling again, if you'd have me. Never used the points system for any of my characters as it was implemented in era 3 which is right when my activity tapered off, but I do remember having a character that was quite a bit overpowered:P:ph34r: forgot how storming epic the emoticons are on this site haha

Hide contents

Name:

Zaren Hasting

Aliases:

Starseeker the Bright on Nalthis and in the Alleyverse, Zaren Aladar on Roshar, Zaren but pronounced Zay-reen on Sel 

Appearance/Physical Characteristics

Tall, broad chested, muscular, tan skinned, short black hair, emerald-coloured eyes. 20 years of age. His attractive face and large physique make him look quite a lot like a Returned. In reality, he is half-Scadrian and half-Nalthian- he has the ability to change his appearance (Royal Locks) due to his Returned ancestry. 

Investiture:

Mistborn, the Royal Locks, and the single Breath he was born with (intends to collect more).

Skills:

Decent at Allomancy but not amazing (knows less about the higher metals), athletic, good fighter, intelligent and quick-thinking, good at altering various aspects of his appearance. Knows enough of metallurgy to mix his own alloys and make his own Allomantic vials.

Equipment:

Aluminum knives, numerous vials with the basic Allomantic metals, various disguises including a mistcloak, Returned garb, Arelene/Alethi/Elendel Basin clothing. Returned status on Nalthis/lighteyes status on Roshar/noble status on Scadrial and Sel give him access to enough wealth to basically buy what he needs.

Weakness:

Somewhat naive and inexperienced, not fully trained in Allomancy or in general combat, prefers to negotiate with his enemies instead of fighting with them which doesn't work that great in the AV.

Family:

Zaren's father is a Hasting nobleman who worldhopped over to Nalthis pre-Catacendre, and his mother is an Idrian woman with royal blood. They fell in love and Zaren happens to have just enough Connection to both Preservation and Endowment to enable his unique combination of Investiture.

Home Planet

Would consider Nalthis his home planet, especially ever since the Catacendre when Scadrial was remade. Has hideouts on Scadrial (Elendel), Roshar (Alethkar), Sel (Arelon), Nalthis (Idris), and a home base in the Alleyverse.

Backstory:

Zaren was born on Nalthis,  and his Mistborn father realized that his son was also a Mistborn relatively early on in life. His father then trained him to be decent at Allomancy, but not amazing. At age 18, Zaren faked his own death with a Lifeless assassin and survived the otherwise-fatal wound with pewter, miraculously "Returning" as Starseeker the Bright, altering his appearance and burning metals to make himself appear to be a Returned. This was originally a scheme to gather Breaths as he entered the Court of Gods and would soon get one Breath each week, but his father revealed the truth of the greater Cosmere to Zaren before this unfolded. Intrigued by the implications, Zaren set out to explore, visiting a variety of planets and acquiring unique items and skills from each. He intends to eventually return home to Nalthis and gather more Breaths, but he is currently in the Alleyverse, posing as a brand new Returned that feeds on Stormlight to stay alive. (note that he can't actually feed on Stormlight currently as this is just a cover story)

Guild:

Currently unaffiliated but would be leaning towards TUBA if they're still around 

Personality

Jovial, optimistic, funny, smiley, but also persuasive, cunning, and clever. 

Modus Operandi:

Prefers to first talk to his opponents if he can, hoping to either negotiate or to cause them to relax. If he must fight, he likes to attack quickly, catching them by surprise, and deliver witty one-liners as he does it. His favorite is a right uppercut while yelling "HERE'S THE PUNCHLINE!" at the top of his lungs. If he knows he can't talk, then he usually skips straight to the art of surprise.

Heh yeah, haven't made one of those in a hot minute. I tried to keep him somewhat tame but I guess as a Mistborn he might be over on points. Hopefully it's fine. 

I like the character! It does, however need serious tweeking in the weakness department. Right now I'm clocking in 160 for the mistborn, as well as 20 for the inteligent trait. Finally he's a good fighter, which is plus another 30-60. more if he's talented in more than just melee or just hand to hand or just ranged.

Already he's at 210-250 and thats assuming only one specialty with weapons. 

Furthermore he has the capacity and the intent to become an awakener, and can disguise himself pretty good. We don't have anything specifically for awakeners in the Index yet, but that does have to count for something later on. His ability to disguise I think puts him at a minimum of +10, depending on how well he can do it, it would go up. 

He's also really rich, meaning that he could buy most anything mid plot means that he could do some serious outfitting or hire mercenaries, which also likely counts for something. I'm not entirely sure yet, it really depends on how you intend to use both his noble status and wealth.

His weakness is unfortunately a preference, which might be a -5 or -10, but considering that preferences can be waived away with a simple "oh he doesn't prefer it right now" it can't count for too much. 

So in short:
How do you plan on playing the wealth and rich card in game?
What kind, or kinds, of fighting is he good at specifically, and how much time has he trained with them? Who do you anticipate him being able to beat in a fight?
Do you plan on him doing any awakening this era, will he reach a heightening, and what kind of stuff would he be able to awaken?
How good are his disguises, can he make himself completely unrecognizable, or is it more that strangers wouldn't recognize his face in passing? If a cop or other agent was searching for his face, would they be able to tell it was him?

And finally he needs a significant increase in weaknesses, the more specific and the more limiting the better.

Investitures: A-Iron Misting (Lurcher), fully metallic Soulcaster Savant. As a savant, can Soulcast more precisely than most, which helps create Allomantically optimum metals and converting the correct substance. Her body is almost entirely metal - while a combination of special Investitures (might have this happen in-Era, might just say it worked across Eras) and embedded gemstones allow her consiousness / Cognitive Shadow to remain attached to her body, it's dependent on Investiture to actually animate and move her body. However, the metal is quite durable, decently well Invested, and somewhat light, and can be 'repaired' with Cassie's own Soulcaster.

Skills: Okay at Lurcher and knife combat (tends to throw knives, "miss", and Pull them into her opponent's back). A skilled metallurgist, Soulcaster, and craftsman - can create the 16 Allomantic metals, as well as industrial steel, titanium, mercury, and alkali metals like sodium (but nothing radioactive). More skilled in periodic elements and general / Metallic Arts alloys that hyperspecific ones.

Equipment: A Soulcaster that only uses amethysts (Soulcasts things into metals), somewhat fused to her right hand. A perfect amethyst embedded in her head to act as a central containment for her consciousness. A few dirks, knives and throwing razors, some aluminum, some steel. Metallurgy equipment (although that's mostly too bulky to carry, even for her).

Weaknesses: Cassie's body is essentially entirely metal - while this does have advantages (mostly outlined in Investiture) it does have some drawbacks. Notably, Cassie's quite slow, unable to truly run with a max speed slightly faster than the average walking speed. Her dexterity is somewhat impeded, but not quite to the same degree, just requiring more time to perform precise tasks. She's dependent on Stormlight, her own Iron, or other Investiture to stay active; if it runs out, she'll essentially freeze into a statue until she gets more (although it's mostly replacing needing food/water). Personality-wise she can also be very vengeful: be a good customer and she'll be very kind. Stiff her payment and she'll throw you out. Threaten her and she may just attack you, or remember the event for when an opportunity presents.

This looks really cool! I like the cyborg/machine vibe you have going. In terms of points I'm clocking 40 for the A-iron, 25 for the soulcaster, 35 points for skill in melee combat. Lurcher combat is included with being a lurcher, but the knife combat is separate. How talented of a soulcaster are we talking? How could/would she soulcast in a fight?

One question I have is about how durable the metal body is. Based on my albeit limited knowledge of weapons, it would seem like shes pretty resistant to knives and other bladed weapons. Bullets and piercing weapons like coins could also not be effective. How would she fare in a gun fight? If the bullet pierced her would it be an issue? Depending on that she could get a sizable increase in points.

I'm unsure to rank her metallurgy skills, what impact if any do you think they would have on the plot? If its just flavor or producing the occasional tool I'm sure its fine, but if she could team up with a smith and start creating power armor pretty easily that will need to be reflected in the point count.

In terms of weaknesses I would be willing to say the really slow one would take off about 20 points, her low dexterity would take off another 10, and being dependent on investiture another 15. If someone knew that, they could likely disable her very quickly.

They are looking at a net 55 points right now, but the impact her soulcasting could have in a fight, as well as her metal body's durability certainly would affect things. If she could, the middle of a fight, soulcast a giant block of metal above the enemies, or encase them in a steel cage, thats pretty powerful. And if she's impervious to guns, she gets another major buff. All in all, the concept is cool and the weaknesses are fricking dope, but a little bit more detail would be appreciated in terms of her specific capabilities.

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

This looks really cool! I like the cyborg/machine vibe you have going. In terms of points I'm clocking 40 for the A-iron, 25 for the soulcaster, 35 points for skill in melee combat. Lurcher combat is included with being a lurcher, but the knife combat is separate. How talented of a soulcaster are we talking? How could/would she soulcast in a fight?

One question I have is about how durable the metal body is. Based on my albeit limited knowledge of weapons, it would seem like shes pretty resistant to knives and other bladed weapons. Bullets and piercing weapons like coins could also not be effective. How would she fare in a gun fight? If the bullet pierced her would it be an issue? Depending on that she could get a sizable increase in points.

I'm unsure to rank her metallurgy skills, what impact if any do you think they would have on the plot? If its just flavor or producing the occasional tool I'm sure its fine, but if she could team up with a smith and start creating power armor pretty easily that will need to be reflected in the point count.

In terms of weaknesses I would be willing to say the really slow one would take off about 20 points, her low dexterity would take off another 10, and being dependent on investiture another 15. If someone knew that, they could likely disable her very quickly.

They are looking at a net 55 points right now, but the impact her soulcasting could have in a fight, as well as her metal body's durability certainly would affect things. If she could, the middle of a fight, soulcast a giant block of metal above the enemies, or encase them in a steel cage, thats pretty powerful. And if she's impervious to guns, she gets another major buff. All in all, the concept is cool and the weaknesses are fricking dope, but a little bit more detail would be appreciated in terms of her specific capabilities.

I'm glad you like it! 

For Soulcaster fighting, most of her danger comes from that metallurgic knowledge instead of raw power (although being as progressed a savant as she is, there is some power increase, but likely not as much as a true Radiant). She can create metals like mercury, titanium, and sodium/caesium, along with the more standard Allomantic ones and aluminum. She showcased a bit of it in The Trader's Haven thread. She can create objects out of the air, but it's difficult to do so based on the sheer amount of mass that needs to accumulate. So a giant block of metal above enemies would likely take a ~10 minutes to actually Soulcast, if it's possible at all. (But she can cast it as a ritual!) As for what she can do... Soulcast something on someone's person (or just a part of them) into metal and then Pull on it to keep them close/off balance, Soulcast things into mercury as a super dense liquid and back, making more knives, fortifying defenses.

Durability... I'm also not super aware of weapons or actual metal on metal.

Watches several videos of men shooting metal blocks

I wouldn't say Cassie would be made of an insanely strong metal. It's sort of an amalgamation of everything she's Soulcast, which wouldn't work IRL but works for the Alleyverse... she's not solid titanium, probably most similar to a lighter metal (like aluminum, but not Investiture-immune). So what I'd say would happen is she'd at least get dents, maybe end up with bullet metal embedded in her, depending on how close / centered / strong the shot was; and that would interfere with her movement. She wouldn't drop dead unless a bullet went through the several inches of shielding to hit her consciousness gemstone, but it would slow her down more than someone who can just heal the wound away. (Cassie can heal the wounds, but that needs to be via her Soulcaster and thus actively healing instead of doing something else, and removing aluminum bullets might be complicated.) Bullets / specifically piercing things would likely be much more effective than coins as well.

To make things more interesting, I could have some embedded amethysts storing her Stormlight that could be shot out / damaged. Gives a way of stopping her that isn't just death by a thousand dents. 

Other aspect is what happens if she gets hit by a Shardblade... may just say it'll cut through like it would any metal, with the added note that a torso/spinal shot wouldn't be fatal as there's no Central Nervous System to burn out. A head wound would likely be fatal due to the consciousness gemstone breaking. Cassie can defend against Shardblades with aluminum Soulcasting anyway.  

As for metallurgy - she's a decent smith in her own right, fully capable of creating a tool or maybe an unInvested armor set without even using Soulcasting. I doubt she could make something like power armor though - she doesn't have any electrical knowledge and only a passing understanding of fabrials (I'm not entirely sure what composes Power Armor... if you mean 40k I don't know what that's made of and neither does Cassie). Also a suit of armor or anything intricate like a gun would likely require non-Invested handiwork anyway, to ensure that it properly fits and functions - she could probably turn a preexisting item into aluminum without fusing the internal structure, but even that may take an hour or so. So I doubt it would be much impact on the plot, or at least the immediate plot, but maybe deserves some points for smithing (and business) skills.

So definitely deserves some points in the durability department, Soulcasting prowess is more about knowledge of specific metals + the fact she doesn't have to worry (much) about savantism anymore than any raw power output or significant changes. Could probably elevate the metallurgy / smithing / business skills to a point-worthy level, or have her learn a new set of skills in the Era switch.

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I wouldn't say Cassie would be made of an insanely strong metal. It's sort of an amalgamation of everything she's Soulcast, which wouldn't work IRL but works for the Alleyverse... she's not solid titanium, probably most similar to a lighter metal (like aluminum, but not Investiture-immune). So what I'd say would happen is she'd at least get dents, maybe end up with bullet metal embedded in her, depending on how close / centered / strong the shot was; and that would interfere with her movement. She wouldn't drop dead unless a bullet went through the several inches of shielding to hit her consciousness gemstone, but it would slow her down more than someone who can just heal the wound away. (Cassie can heal the wounds, but that needs to be via her Soulcaster and thus actively healing instead of doing something else, and removing aluminum bullets might be complicated.) Bullets / specifically piercing things would likely be much more effective than coins as well.

To make things more interesting, I could have some embedded amethysts storing her Stormlight that could be shot out / damaged. Gives a way of stopping her that isn't just death by a thousand dents. 

Other aspect is what happens if she gets hit by a Shardblade... may just say it'll cut through like it would any metal, with the added note that a torso/spinal shot wouldn't be fatal as there's no Central Nervous System to burn out. A head wound would likely be fatal due to the consciousness gemstone breaking. Cassie can defend against Shardblades with aluminum Soulcasting anyway.  

Factoring in a +10 for the additional soulcasting and +10 for the combined metallurgy and business skills. This puts us at 75. I'm willing to call the combined resistance a +75, and you can make it so a shard blade would need a couple of hacks to cut off a limb and maybe a few more to hack through a torso. Besides that she should be good. 

32 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Factoring in a +10 for the additional soulcasting and +10 for the combined metallurgy and business skills. This puts us at 75. I'm willing to call the combined resistance a +75, and you can make it so a shard blade would need a couple of hacks to cut off a limb and maybe a few more to hack through a torso. Besides that she should be good. 

It’s a deal!

I’ll see if I can find a way to get the shift prepared in this Era, but she probably won’t move over to the new Cassie until the next one. I’d assume even with the help of the Ghostbloods or other characters that the transfer would put her out of commission a while.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

It’s a deal!

I’ll see if I can find a way to get the shift prepared in this Era, but she probably won’t move over to the new Cassie until the next one. I’d assume even with the help of the Ghostbloods or other characters that the transfer would put her out of commission a while.

I'm not saying you have too, but the DA is always an option for sudden life changing transformations :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I'm not saying you have too, but the DA is always an option for sudden life changing transformations :ph34r:

I'm keeping the option open :P she might ask Sanax if she finds him. Or... wow, there's a lot of DA-affiliated options.

(Also: I am going with the extra targetable amethysts idea. Just seems like a set of weak spots to defend is more balanced / fun, and if the Stormlight is connected to her Soulcaster it gives another incentive not to go all crazy with Soulcasting everything. Plus I can flavor them helping to make her more "human" by being the link to transferring senses / aiding motion / etc.)

9 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I'm keeping the option open :P she might ask Sanax if she finds him. Or... wow, there's a lot of DA-affiliated options.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the DA outlasts all other guilds :P 

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the DA outlasts all other guilds :P 

Yeah, but it feels like they're also half the hospital :P

I'll make a DA character at some point. I'm too attached to Hemalurgy not to. But Cassie doesn't quite share that sentiment, seeing as she was born right when Inquisitors roamed...

13 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Yeah, but it feels like they're also half the hospital :P

I'll make a DA character at some point. I'm too attached to Hemalurgy not to. But Cassie doesn't quite share that sentiment, seeing as she was born right when Inquisitors roamed...

The place with a bunch of labcoats, crazy people and the legalized practice of stabbing people with sharp metal implements? Can't imagine what would draw the DA there. :ph34r:

EDIT: I should really stop aiding in the derailment of the character thread

Edited by Voidus
Bad Voidus

Bad Mod. How dare you disrupt this bastion of order and efficiency.

13 minutes ago, Voidus said:

The place with a bunch of labcoats, crazy people and the legalized practice of stabbing people with sharp metal implements? Can't imagine what would draw the DA there. :ph34r:

EDIT: I should really stop aiding in the derailment of the character thread

@Voidus, I have an epic-type character that needs to be assessed:

Spoiler

Name: Balance the Realizer

Physical Characteristics: Pale dark skinned with colored veins faintly visible beneath the skin, Deep black eyes with gold irises. Around 6 ft tall. Blue-brown hair. Otherwise, appearance is human

Investiture: Epic - Realizer. Able to create blue energy wireframes of just about anything. These wireframes have innate power and mimic actual objects in such a way that they can be used as the object with more power(i.e. A sword is actually sharp, only impossibly so), but will fade after a few hours if he is not actively using them and/or concentrating on them. He can also will them to fade. Upper limit of ten medium sized wireframe objects manifest at one time. With a significant investment of energy, can make the objects real, not just wireframes, and they will not fade. Unaging on 5th heightening level, though no other similarities. When killed, split into 6 elemental versions of himself(fire, water, air, earth, light, darkness) which remain dormant for a period of 20 years, or until someone manages to wake one. Elemental versions do not have realizing power, each has minor elemental capabilities, but do have an innate sense of the general whereabouts of the others, which gets stronger the closer to each other they get. Must gather together and reunite, and are driven by the desire to do so until it is done.

Skills: Swordmaster-expert level, Bow-Average, Martial Arts-Amature, Smart.

Equipment: Realized cloak(made real)-bulletproof and self repairing, blends into the surroundings, making him hard to notice when standing still and wearing it. Realized bow(inc.string). Random mechanical/electrical parts in pockets which he tinkers with.

Weakness: Bad at social interactions, clumsy in non-combat situations(average clumsy,-10), blames self for destruction his family and people, depression is his epic weakness - often triggered by seeing pictures that remind him of his family(hard to get, though), slow to heal

Family: none left, destroyed

Home Planet: Reckoners-Earth

Backstory: Gained epic powers upon entering the Reckoners timeline, originally just had the death split thing. Due to mistakes he made, a great evil was released upon his peoples’ timeline, and it was prevented from spreading by the undoing of possibility, erasing their timeline and all other people in it. Through some quark, he was ejected as his timeline collapsed, resulting in him being unaging and Shattered (technical term from his world for the death split) until after Calamity was defeated. He managed to Reunite, but another quark sent him to the Alleyverse as soon as he did, specifically Alleycity. He is confused by where he is.

Guild: TUBA

Psyche: Decently smart, very imaginative, analytical. Doesn’t understand people. Due to his oddness, he was unaffected by Calamity’s influence and remains like a normalish human

Personality: Wary and analytical, enjoys reading.

Appearance:
g7e4ERq-URl9UzQBfqOR6glzmBQxaa6gLZKhuNQoG_0TTvc3ykV76csOw65wOecJLAw4DuY0p-tFk2xg28iojMPTPbBg1YflhwMNzqM5567mFd6oyu83qIcW9NLS0yhnwriCXmk

Fighting Style: two weapon-two wireframe scimitars, or ranged with bow-arrows wireframes. Prefers defense until spots opening for offense, except when vastly outnumbered, when he uses the techniques of Itari, moving so fast the enemies end up hitting each other.

On 18/03/2022 at 0:56 AM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

@Voidus, I have an epic-type character that needs to be assessed:

Hide contents

Physical Characteristics: Pale dark skinned with colored veins faintly visible beneath the skin, Deep black eyes with gold irises. Around 6 ft tall. Blue-brown hair. Otherwise, appearance is human

Investiture: Epic - Realizer. Able to create blue energy wireframes of just about anything. These wireframes have innate power and mimic actual objects in such a way that they can be used as the object with more power(i.e. A sword is actually sharp, only impossibly so), but will fade after a few hours if he is not actively using them and/or concentrating on them. He can also will them to fade. Upper limit of ten medium sized wireframe objects manifest at one time. With a significant investment of energy, can make the objects real, not just wireframes, and they will not fade. Unaging on 5th heightening level, though no other similarities. When killed, split into 6 elemental versions of himself(fire, water, air, earth, light, darkness) which remain dormant for a period of 20 years, or until someone manages to wake one. Elemental versions do not have realizing power, each has minor elemental capabilities, but do have an innate sense of the general whereabouts of the others, which gets stronger the closer to each other they get. Must gather together and reunite, and are driven by the desire to do so until it is done.

Skills: Swordmaster-expert level, Bow-Average, Martial Arts-Amature, Smart.

Equipment: Realized cloak(made real)-bulletproof and self repairing, blends into the surroundings, making him hard to notice when standing still and wearing it. Realized bow(inc.string). Random mechanical/electrical parts in pockets which he tinkers with.

Weakness: Bad at social interactions, clumsy in non-combat situations(average clumsy,-10), blames self for destruction his family and people, depression is his epic weakness - often triggered by seeing pictures that remind him of his family(hard to get, though), slow to heal

Backstory: Gained epic powers upon entering the Reckoners timeline, originally just had the death split thing. Due to mistakes he made, a great evil was released upon his peoples’ timeline, and it was prevented from spreading by the undoing of possibility, erasing their timeline and all other people in it. Through some quark, he was ejected as his timeline collapsed, resulting in him being unaging and Shattered (technical term from his world for the death split) until after Calamity was defeated. He managed to Reunite, but another quark sent him to the Alleyverse as soon as he did, specifically Alleycity. He is confused by where he is.

Psyche: Decently smart, very imaginative, analytical. Doesn’t understand people. Due to his oddness, he was unaffected by Calamity’s influence and remains like a normalish human

Appearance:
g7e4ERq-URl9UzQBfqOR6glzmBQxaa6gLZKhuNQoG_0TTvc3ykV76csOw65wOecJLAw4DuY0p-tFk2xg28iojMPTPbBg1YflhwMNzqM5567mFd6oyu83qIcW9NLS0yhnwriCXmk40

Fighting Style: two weapon-two wireframe scimitars, or ranged with bow-arrows wireframes. Prefers defense until spots opening for offense, except when vastly outnumbered, when he uses the techniques of Itari, moving so fast the enemies end up hitting each other.

Swords Expert - 75, hand-to-hand amateur - 10, Bow average - 45, smart - 10
Skills: 75+10+10+45 = 140
Equipment: Bulletproof, self-repairing cloak with stealth capabilities - 40, super-bow - 10
Equipement total: 50

So just going to say here that before we even get to Epic powers this is already hitting 190. Also as an interesting point Unaging is not actually something I can cater for from an Epic point because while Epics do age slowly I believe that canonically it has been stated that there are none who do not age at all. Big point of the series actually that they're not truly immortal.
For the others:
Elemental reincarnation: Reincarnation is one of the strongest rated Prime Invincibilities because it can't be circumvented, now there are some weird restrictions to this version of it but also it does technically combine cloning in as well so just slightly lowered from standard. 70 points
Realization: So assumptions for this one - No highly technical creations (Computers, etc.), cannot created Invested/Magical items, additional benefits of created items do not exceed what is physically possible (Eg. extra stealth is as stealthy as an actual cloak can be, not magical invisibility / sharpened swords are not shardblades, etc.), 'significant energy investment' is extremely draining to the point of borderline incapacitation for a number of hours.
Limited creation ability - 70 points
Unaffected by Calamity - 10 points

Magic total: 70+70+10 = 150

Weaknesses: Clumsy out of combat (5), slow to heal (5) (Assuming this is a natural, non-magical slowness)

Total: 140 (S) + 50 (E) + 150 (M) - 10 (W) = 330

This is well over the point cap so we can't approve this unless you want to go through the whole OP character process.

11 hours ago, Voidus said:

Swords Expert - 75, hand-to-hand amateur - 10, Bow average - 45, smart - 10
Skills: 75+10+10+45 = 140
Equipment: Bulletproof, self-repairing cloak with stealth capabilities - 40, super-bow - 10
Equipement total: 50

So just going to say here that before we even get to Epic powers this is already hitting 190. Also as an interesting point Unaging is not actually something I can cater for from an Epic point because while Epics do age slowly I believe that canonically it has been stated that there are none who do not age at all. Big point of the series actually that they're not truly immortal.
For the others:
Elemental reincarnation: Reincarnation is one of the strongest rated Prime Invincibilities because it can't be circumvented, now there are some weird restrictions to this version of it but also it does technically combine cloning in as well so just slightly lowered from standard. 70 points
Realization: So assumptions for this one - No highly technical creations (Computers, etc.), cannot created Invested/Magical items, additional benefits of created items do not exceed what is physically possible (Eg. extra stealth is as stealthy as an actual cloak can be, not magical invisibility / sharpened swords are not shardblades, etc.), 'significant energy investment' is extremely draining to the point of borderline incapacitation for a number of hours.
Limited creation ability - 70 points
Unaffected by Calamity - 10 points

Magic total: 70+70+10 = 150

Weaknesses: Clumsy out of combat (5), slow to heal (5) (Assuming this is a natural, non-magical slowness)

Total: 140 (S) + 50 (E) + 150 (M) - 10 (W) = 330

This is well over the point cap so we can't approve this unless you want to go through the whole OP character process.

You're right about realization, including the significant energy investment, leaves him incapacitated for 24 hours and weak for 48. The Unaging is as if he had level five heightening, only without any other benefits, due to his backstory.

Notes on modifications:

M'kay, remove super-bow and reduce bow capability to amateur(-45); cloak not bulletproof(-10?); no prime invincibility (remove shattering and other effects, stuck in coma during Calamity's time like Dawnslight, -70); Sneezing causes him to be hurled backwards at 20 mph(-5?); Rushes into things(-5?); Avoids friendships and closes self off due to wish to spare himself pain like the past(-5?); Loner(-5?); Bound to truth due to curse - incapable of speaking untruth, but can stay silent, cannot purposefully mislead or imply untruth(-8?) Sword level down to skilled(-15, halfway between expert and average).

Spoiler

Character sheet:

Investiture: Epic - Realizer. Able to create blue energy wireframes of just about anything. These wireframes have innate power and mimic actual objects in such a way that they can be used as the object with more power(i.e. A sword is actually sharp, only impossibly so), but will fade after a few hours if he is not actively using them and/or concentrating on them. He can also will them to fade. Upper limit of ten medium sized wireframe objects manifest at one time. With a significant investment of energy, can make the objects real, not just wireframes, and they will not fade. Unaging on 5th heightening level, though no other similarities. 

Skills: Swordmaster-skilled level, Bow - amateur,  Smart.

Equipment: Realized cloak(made real)-self repairing, blends into the surroundings, making him hard to notice when standing still and wearing it. Random mechanical/electrical parts in pockets which he tinkers with.

Weakness: Bad at social interactions, clumsy in non-combat situations(average clumsy,-5), blames self for destruction his family and people, depression is his epic weakness - often triggered by seeing pictures that remind him of his family(hard to get, though), slow to heal. Sneezing causes him to be hurled backwards at 20 mph(-5?), often resulting in a concussion. Rushes into things(-5?). Avoids friendships and closes himself off due to wishing to spare himself pain like the past(-5?). Loner(-5?). Bound to truth due to history - incapable of speaking untruth, but can stay silent, cannot purposely mislead or imply untruth (-8?)

Backstory: Gained epic powers upon entering the Reckoners timeline, originally just had the death split thing. Due to mistakes he made, a great evil was released upon his peoples’ timeline, and it was prevented from spreading by the undoing of possibility, erasing their timeline and all other people in it. Through some quark, he was ejected as his timeline collapsed, resulting in him being unaging and bound to truth and landing him in a Coma in the Reckoners universe, unaffected by Calamity in the same way that Dawnslight was. After Calamity was defeated he woke up and was active for a few months, in which he learned how to use his powers. Another quark sent him to the Alleyverse, specifically Alleycity. He woke up there, and was very confused, remembering only dreams from the Reckonerverse and how to use his powers.

Appearance:
g7e4ERq-URl9UzQBfqOR6glzmBQxaa6gLZKhuNQoG_0TTvc3ykV76csOw65wOecJLAw4DuY0p-tFk2xg28iojMPTPbBg1YflhwMNzqM5567mFd6oyu83qIcW9NLS0yhnwriCXmk

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Hi! I'm interested in trying the Alleyverse so here's a character. I hope everything is in order:

Spoiler

Name: Arington Peras (nickname: Ari)

Physical Characteristics: Male, human, of average strength.

Investiture: The seon Sao (means intelligence, learning: for communication, information, and spying +5)

Skills: Ari is skilled (+50) in melee weapons and average (+20) in hand to hand combat. A intelligent (+20) human, he is skilled (+25) at healing, and has dabbled in the hemalurgic arts (the theoretical, not the physical) and creation of fabrials. To help him in his studies, Ari is skilled (+30) at analysis and has studied investiture for the past ten years (in an attempt to discover the secret of changing the type of investiture from one Shard’s investiture to another).

Equipment: Shardblade (+30), knife, a satchel used for notes and research, some tent stakes (which lack any sort of investiture…:D)

Weakness: Ari’s attention is often caught by interesting things (a weakness in combat or while trying to focus), but more importantly he is afraid of himself. He fears that he will strike out in anger and hurt someone he loves (see psyche). His intermittent explosive disorder is also a weakness (-30)

Family: Ari’s father and mother (now shades) were from Scadrial, and came to Threnody before the system became a mess. He had one sister (now a shade) and no brothers. Ari is not aware of any other relations in the Alleyverse.

Home Planet: Ari is from Threnody. According to him, it is “not a vacation home.”

Backstory: Ari was born on Threnody to Shari and Kalidran Peras, near the Forests of Hell. His parents came from Scadrial and settled there before Ambition, Mercy, and Odium’s fight. Before the shades, Ari would sit in the Forests for hours studying all kinds of plant and animal life. Tragedy struck when, several years later in a bout of rage, he accidentally killed his parents. Traumatized, it took Ari a long time to recover. To distract himself from his past, Ari began researching investiture. This search for information led him to the wider universe at the age of 17. While visiting Roshar, Ari accidently killed a Shardbearer (never lean your back against a large boulder on a cliff, it might hit someone. Would you call this luck? For Ari, maybe, but not for the Shardbearer) and bonded the Blade. Ari continues to travel the Alleyverse researching investiture where and when he can.

Guild: currently unaffiliated

Psyche: Ari has intermittent explosive disorder (a real thing), where he has repeated, sudden episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behavior or angry verbal outbursts in which he can react grossly out of proportion to the situation. Other than that he’s fine. He tries to be nice (when he’s not striking out in anger).

Personality: Ari is friendly and kind most of the time. Bothering or surprising him runs the risk of triggering intense bouts of anger. He is frequently distracted by interesting things, and loves to research and does scientific research about investiture when he can.

Appearance: He is 5ft 8in, 34 years old. Not skinny but not large, Ari has a good build, and is muscular but does not appear so. Dirty blond hair, caucasian, with a more elliptical face shape than square or round. He lacks facial hair, but that all the more emphasizes his blue eyes. Ari wears glasses, a thin wire frame around lenses an eighth of an inch thick (he’s nearsighted).

Fighting Style: Ari will avoid confrontation whenever possible due to his trauma from childhood and because it triggers his disorder. When he must fight, his extreme anger causes him to be more reckless than he should, but it also makes him more dangerous. Ari prefers the use of swords over knives, but is good with a knife when necessary. The quarterstaff is his favorite weapon, since it is the least lethal

The aon Sao:

Q-hUhehy3xY9toTvrLPJXke8m_6r_WJTgTRljX1K6gm2g9I76h7J9grIxw1VxOquoiXu1MP8r8LlGMRuOfnKZafn0Ys2sQaETEd9zET9bpUKMcAnn_VtYXudcu3FdHuu2KHYyulA

There you are! If it just so happens that my weaknesses remove more points than I thought, than I would add to Ari's skill in melee weapons.

Edited by HippoPhileus
Forgot something

13 hours ago, HippoPhileus said:

Hi! I'm interested in trying the Alleyverse so here's a character. I hope everything is in order:

Hide contents

Name: Arington Peras (nickname: Ari)

Physical Characteristics: Male, human, of average strength.

Investiture: The seon Sao (means intelligence, learning: for communication, information, and spying +15-20??)

Skills: Ari has average (+35) skill in melee weapons. A intelligent (+20) human, he is skilled (+25) at healing, and has dabbled in the hemalurgic arts (the theoretical, not the physical) and creation of fabrials. To help him in his studies, Ari is skilled (+30) at analysis and has studied investiture for the past ten years (in an attempt to discover the secret of changing the type of investiture from one Shard’s investiture to another).

Equipment: Shardblade (+30), knife, a satchel used for notes and research, some tent stakes (which lack any sort of investiture…:D)

Weakness: Ari’s attention is often caught by interesting things (a weakness in combat or while trying to focus), but more importantly he is afraid of himself. He fears that he will strike out in anger and hurt someone he loves (see psyche). His intermittent explosive disorder is also a weakness.

Family: Ari’s father and mother (now shades) were from Scadrial, and came to Threnody before the system became a mess. He had one sister (now a shade) and no brothers. Ari is not aware of any other relations in the Alleyverse.

Home Planet: Ari is from Threnody. According to him, it is “not a vacation home.”

Backstory: Ari was born on Threnody to Shari and Kalidran Peras, near the Forests of Hell. His parents came from Scadrial and settled there before Ambition, Mercy, and Odium’s fight. Before the shades, Ari would sit in the Forests for hours studying all kinds of plant and animal life. Tragedy struck when, several years later in a bout of rage, he accidentally killed his parents. Traumatized, it took Ari a long time to recover. To distract himself from his past, Ari began researching investiture. This search for information led him to the wider universe at the age of 17. While visiting Roshar, Ari accidently killed a Shardbearer (never lean your back against a large boulder on a cliff, it might hit someone. Would you call this luck? For Ari, maybe, but not for the Shardbearer) and bonded the Blade. Ari continues to travel the Alleyverse researching investiture where and when he can.

Guild: currently unaffiliated

Psyche: Ari has intermittent explosive disorder (a real thing), where he has repeated, sudden episodes of impulsive, aggressive, violent behavior or angry verbal outbursts in which he can react grossly out of proportion to the situation. Other than that he’s fine. He tries to be nice (when he’s not striking out in anger).

Personality: Ari is friendly and kind most of the time. Bothering or surprising him runs the risk of triggering intense bouts of anger. He is frequently distracted by interesting things, and loves to research and does scientific research about investiture when he can.

Appearance: He is 5ft 8in, 34 years old. Not skinny but not large, Ari has a good build, and is muscular but does not appear so. Dirty blond hair, caucasian, with a more elliptical face shape than square or round. He lacks facial hair, but that all the more emphasizes his blue eyes. Ari wears glasses, a thin wire frame around lenses an eighth of an inch thick (he’s nearsighted).

Fighting Style: Ari will avoid confrontation whenever possible due to his trauma from childhood and because it triggers his disorder. When he must fight, his extreme anger causes him to be more reckless than he should, but it also makes him more dangerous. Ari prefers the use of swords over knives, but is good with a knife when necessary. The quarterstaff is his favorite weapon, since it is the least lethal

The aon Sao:

Q-hUhehy3xY9toTvrLPJXke8m_6r_WJTgTRljX1K6gm2g9I76h7J9grIxw1VxOquoiXu1MP8r8LlGMRuOfnKZafn0Ys2sQaETEd9zET9bpUKMcAnn_VtYXudcu3FdHuu2KHYyulA

There you are! If it just so happens that my weaknesses remove more points than I thought, than I would add to Ari's skill in melee weapons.

Investiture: Seon (5) (Honestly hesitant to even add this much, Seons are mostly just companions which I'd honestly encourage people to have, and used for communication but pretty much everyone in the AV has a fabrial or cellphone or Alleycant which can accomplish that.
Skills: Intelligent (20), Skilled Crafting / scholarship (25 + 30) Melee combat (35)
Equipment: Shardblade: (30)

Weakness: Distractable (10), Fears (10), Explosive Disorder (10)
Total 5 (M) + 110 (S) + 30 (E) - 30 (W)

Can bump the weapon skills up to Expert if you'd like, which is technically 5 points over but as mentioned I'm hesitant to even count a Seon and its also such a well-rounded character.

Approved.