Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, I think I figured it out.

Spoiler

This was supposed to have pictures

So according to this, a standard Steel Inquisitor would've had 282 points? I wanna make sure I get this right, because if I ever actually make a character for this, I will be using hemalurgy, because it's awesome. So my new question, then, is how does the binding spike work? Because without it, they'd have 315 points, but that can't be right, because the eleventh spike is what keeps their souls from exploding or something. So how would that be handled? Because apparently the eleventh spike is necessary, but here you'd just have 315 points. And even if that's survivable, why would adding an eleventh spike decrease the number of points? Is this something that'd just be handled on a case by case basis? I guess it would make sense for the system to not be built with this shenanigannery in mind. Is it just handled differently for higher numbers of spikes? Or am I missing something? I don't want to eliminate that possibility, as I am very prone to missing things.

Edit: Ok so the spoiler tag was supposed to have pictures of the stuff I did to graph it on Desmos, but apparently I don't know how to add pictures to posts. Just trust me that it had a sigma and looked very smart and cool.

Edited by PeterElricPines

On 27/01/2021 at 6:15 PM, PeterElricPines said:

Ok, I think I figured it out.

Reveal hidden contents

So according to this, a standard Steel Inquisitor would've had 282 points? I wanna make sure I get this right, because if I ever actually make a character for this, I will be using hemalurgy, because it's awesome. So my new question, then, is how does the binding spike work? Because without it, they'd have 315 points, but that can't be right, because the eleventh spike is what keeps their souls from exploding or something. So how would that be handled? Because apparently the eleventh spike is necessary, but here you'd just have 315 points. And even if that's survivable, why would adding an eleventh spike decrease the number of points? Is this something that'd just be handled on a case by case basis? I guess it would make sense for the system to not be built with this shenanigannery in mind. Is it just handled differently for higher numbers of spikes? Or am I missing something? I don't want to eliminate that possibility, as I am very prone to missing things.

Edit: Ok so the spoiler tag was supposed to have pictures of the stuff I did to graph it on Desmos, but apparently I don't know how to add pictures to posts. Just trust me that it had a sigma and looked very smart and cool.

I am regretful that I can't see this graph :(
It'd vary a bit depending on exactly what spikes were used for the Inquisitor but for a standard Inquisitor I think that maths works. But yeah basically this is something that's only likely to come into play at much higher levels where we'd have to deal with the character as a special case anyway (As in the OP characters section). We didn't think of the specific requirement of a linchpin spike when designing the maths but the idea that at a certain point you begin actually losing points was somewhat intended to represent the costs beginning to outweigh the benefits. Sure you could spike yourself 50 times with Allomantic steel to become the best coinshot in the cosmere but you'd also be vulnerable to every soother who crossed your paths and would have some pretty serious hemalurgic side effects probably.

That being said if someone listed more than a handful of spikes we'd probably be discussing it as a special case regardless, so it's sort of irrelevant for the higher numbers.

But whatever anyone tells you, the goal of setting up the maths this way was definitely not to try and lure more people into the Hemalurgic arts. :ph34r:

On 1/31/2021 at 3:22 PM, Voidus said:

I am regretful that I can't see this graph

Let's try this again, I'm proud of it and I want to show off.

Spoiler

601e0ea711d9e_Screenshot_2021-02-05DesmosGraphingCalculator.thumb.png.c12b758aeb67bdff399e13ecae5648cd.png

C is the amount of points per spike, x is the number of spikes, y is the number of points. At 50 points per spike, this shows it's worth it until you have six spikes. Sliding c up and down just moves the whole graph up and down correspondingly.

Edit: Uhhh, I think I fixed it. It didn't work again initially, but then I figured to use the big ol' button at the bottom that says "HERE'S WHERE YOU ATTACH FILES" so I think this one is gonna work.

Edited by PeterElricPines

• 1 month later...

How's this?

Spoiler

Name: The last name he wrote down was Jakdew Bül, his given name was Rayan Sut.

Physical Characteristics: Half Terris half noble, but tall even for a noble with stark black hair and a Central Dominance look.

Investiture: He was born a zinc compounder and was given a F-copper spike a short time after the Catacendre.

Skills: Fairly good with a sword, but he hasn't practiced in a month or so. Of course it's all muscle memory so he couldn't do much except defend himself.

Equipment: Sword, an identityless coppermind and a lot of books and scraps of paper. He also has a large pack of zinc beads.

Weakness: When he was spiked with copper he started subconsciously storing in a copper plate that helped his back.

Family: He has a Terris mother, but his father died when he was ten. No brothers or sisters, but one uncle who wants nothing to do with him.

Home Planet: Scadrial.

Backstory: He was born about fifteen years after the Catacendre and was one of the first ferrings. He lived a fairly normal childhood until his father died. When his mother went to his uncle for help he rejected her and Rayan. Rayan made a pretty good living off of doing math and other such things in his head with the help of zinc. Eventually though he was kidnapped by a Final Empire extremist who had learned Hemalurgy. He was given an F-copper spike as an experiment. 

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated for now, although he has likely talked to and joined a few guilds only to promptly forget about it. 

Personality: Tends to hide his uncertainty and is quite good at acting he knows something he knows nothing about. Otherwise, he's pretty nice to most people, but can be fierce when insulted or threatened.

Appearance: Dark hair with brown eyes. Looks like he's from the Central Dominance, but has a Terris look although he is quite tall.

Theme Song (optional): The Illuminati music.

Fighting Style: Mostly uncertain, but he has trained with the sword enough to naturally protect himself.

Edited by The Unknown Order

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, here's Vis. (the public version)

Spoiler

Name: Vis

Physical Characteristics: Female, short dark hair, darkeyes, not teenage yet.

Investiture: Dustbringer, 1st oath

Skills: Melee weapon training (average), Intelligence (Smart), Thievery (Skilled)

Equipment: staff, old cloak, boots, brownie, knives (metal blades, aluminum plated), larkin.

Weakness: Temper, Loner, Truthful, Overly cautious, always has her back to the wall, collects pebbles from every new place she goes, helps any hurt cremlings that she can.

Family: Dead.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Not telling.

Guild: Hall of the Surges, Canton of Combat

Personality: Skittish, secretive

Appearance: dark clothes, no skirts, old cloak. Beneath notice.

Fighting Style: Quarterstaff. In fights where she has to get closer to someone she uses her knives.

Edited by Gneorndin

On 15/03/2021 at 9:35 AM, The Unknown Order said:

How's this?

Hide contents

Physical Characteristics: Half Terris half noble, but tall even for a noble with stark black hair and a Central Dominance look.

Investiture: He was born a zinc compounder and was given a F-copper spike a short time after the Catacendre.

Skills: Fairly good with a sword, but he hasn't practiced in a month or so. Of course it's all muscle memory so he couldn't do much except defend himself.

Equipment: Sword, an identityless coppermind and a lot of books and scraps of paper. He also has a large pack of zinc beads.

Weakness: When he was spiked with copper he started subconsciously storing in a copper plate that helped his back.

Family: He has a Terris mother, but his father died when he was ten. No brothers or sisters, but one uncle who wants nothing to do with him.

Backstory: He was born about fifteen years after the Catacendre and was one of the first ferrings. He lived a fairly normal childhood until his father died. When his mother went to his uncle for help he rejected her and Rayan. Rayan made a pretty good living off of doing math and other such things in his head with the help of zinc. Eventually though he was kidnapped by a Final Empire extremist who had learned Hemalurgy. He was given an F-copper spike as an experiment. 

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated for now, although he has likely talked to and joined a few guilds only to promptly forget about it. 

Personality: Tends to hide his uncertainty and is quite good at acting he knows something he knows nothing about. Otherwise, he's pretty nice to most people, but can be fierce when insulted or threatened.

Appearance: Dark hair with brown eyes. Looks like he's from the Central Dominance, but has a Terris look although he is quite tall.

Theme Song (optional): The Illuminati music.

Fighting Style: Mostly uncertain, but he has trained with the sword enough to naturally protect himself.

Zinc Compounder - 150 (90 +30 +30)
Feruchemical copper spike 27

Skilled melee combat: 50

Weaknesses: Probably need something else here, habitual usage of copper isn't something I'd call a weakness unless it affects their life in a notable way. 

Total 177 (M) + 50 (S) - 5?(W) = 222
Fair bit over the point limit here, compounding is always a lot to put in a character and often needs a particularly fatal flaw to counterbalance it.

On 06/04/2021 at 9:01 AM, Gneorndin said:

Hide contents

Skills: Melee weapon training (average), Intelligence (Smart), Thievery (Skilled)

Equipment: staff, old cloak, boots, brownie, knives (metal blades, aluminum plated), larkin.

Weakness: Temper, Loner, Truthful, Overly cautious, always has her back to the wall, collects pebbles from every new place she goes, helps any hurt cremlings that she can.

Fighting Style: Quarterstaff. In fights where she has to get closer to someone she uses her knives.

Dustbringer 90
Melee weapon training 35
Intelligent: 10
Thievery: 40

Larkin: 40

Weakness: Temper (-5), truthful (-5) (Potentially could go quite a bit higher depending on how truthful you mean) Kind to cremlings (-5), 1st oath -5

Total: 90 (M) + 40 (M) + 10 (S) +35 (S) + 40 (S) -20 (W)
130 (M) + 75 (S) -20 (W)
=185

Also a bit over here, possibly just clarifying/expanding upon the listed weaknesses (Specifics are much more helpful than general personality traits like 'temper', that could range anywhere from pouts when they don't get their way to immediately trying to murder everyone in sight when they trip on a rock)

You know what, why not :P. Here's Sunwalker, the misfortunent returned who just keeps getting killed again. (also forgive me I know that being a continual returned isn't normal but I really adore playing him in SE)

Spoiler

Name: Sunwalker

Physical Characteristics: Tall, buff. Return-y.

Investiture: Returned

Skills: Decently knowledgeable with merchant stuff, knows how to haggle and run a business. Amateur-level theiving skills.

Equipment: None. Was stolen from him the last time he was killed.

Weakness: Apathetic, uncaring. Horrible fighter. Very unlucky

Family: Unknown

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: Sunwalker has the unfortunate habit of being killed a lot. He always seems to find his way into trouble, one way or another, and then he dies. And it sucks. And then, what do you know, few hours later he's back up on his feet ready to join in another mafia scheme. He was born on Nalthis and had his first return there, but then decided to travel the comer, became quite the successful salt merchant, and definetly didn't get tossed off a ship into shadesmar several times.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated

Personality:  Just kinda… stopped caring. Likes to get involved with stuff, has a very caviler attitude about death. So what if he dies? Really enjoys getting into risky business ventures though, thats a bit of his guilty pleasure. 

Appearance: Quite tall, with middling tone of brown hair and dark eyes. Wears whatever he’s feeling like or whatever hasn’t been stolen from him.

Fighting Style: Try not to die and run away

Edited by Lotus

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Weaknesses: Probably need something else here, habitual usage of copper isn't something I'd call a weakness unless it affects their life in a notable way. 

I didn't write that right from what you're saying. He literally wakes up with no memories every morning. He has no idea of the existence of his copper abilities, but I'll try to add an extra weakness.

How about a due to his lack of memory, he basically no idea of social etiquette and is pretty much clueless about it? 

Much clearer thanks. Yeah total amnesia is a much bigger weakness.
This pretty much cleanly opposes the benefits of the copper and then a little more on top of that so actually this is one of the bigger weaknesses that we've seen. -40

Skilled melee combat: 40 (-10 from amnesia)

Weaknesses: Amnesia / lack of awareness of copper (-40) Socially awkward (-10)

Total 177 (M) + 40 (S) - 50(W) = 162

Technically a little over the limit but compounding makes things awkward. I'm happy to approve this one. I'll add it to the list.

3 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Much clearer thanks. Yeah total amnesia is a much bigger weakness.
This pretty much cleanly opposes the benefits of the copper and then a little more on top of that so actually this is one of the bigger weaknesses that we've seen. -40

Skilled melee combat: 40 (-10 from amnesia)

Weaknesses: Amnesia / lack of awareness of copper (-40) Socially awkward (-10)

Total 177 (M) + 40 (S) - 50(W) = 162

Technically a little over the limit but compounding makes things awkward. I'm happy to approve this one. I'll add it to the list.

I'll edit an updated character sheet into this. 

Spoiler

Weakness: When he was spiked with copper he started subconsciously storing his memories every night in a copper plate in his back. Since he has forgotten his memories so often he has basically no idea of social etiquette, or conduct. 

Theme Song (optional): The Illuminati music.

Edited by The Unknown Order

Ok jussa minit ill put it in thread

23 hours ago, Voidus said:
On 4/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Gneorndin said:

Hide contents

Dustbringer 90
Melee weapon training 35
Intelligent: 10
Thievery: 40

Larkin: 40

Weakness: Temper (-5), truthful (-5) (Potentially could go quite a bit higher depending on how truthful you mean) Kind to cremlings (-5), 1st oath -5

Total: 90 (M) + 40 (M) + 10 (S) +35 (S) + 40 (S) -20 (W)
130 (M) + 75 (S) -20 (W)
=185

Also a bit over here, possibly just clarifying/expanding upon the listed weaknesses (Specifics are much more helpful than general personality traits like 'temper', that could range anywhere from pouts when they don't get their way to immediately trying to murder everyone in sight when they trip on a rock)

Heres clarifications and additions and stuff

Spoiler

Physical Characteristics: Female, dark hair, dark eyes, still a child.

[90] Investiture: Dustbringer, 1st oath [90]

[85] Skills: Melee weapon training [35], Intelligence [10], Thievery [40]

[40] Equipment: staff, old cloak, brownie, knives (metal, aluminum plated) larkin[40]

[65] Weakness: Temper [-10] (Holds grudges for pranks, disagreements, etc. Grudges often stop her from working effectively with someone she’s angry at. When she’s angry she takes it out on the world, not just whoever she;s angry at (ex. Snapping at anyone who talks to her.)), Loner [-10] (Can work with people if she has to, but keeps self to self and hates when others pry.), Truthful [-10] (Is iffish with implications and ok with not answers, other than that: tells the truth – unless telling the truth would be extremely dangerous. Gives vague answers, sometimes refuses to answer.), Overly cautious [-5], always has her back to the wall [-5], collects pebbles from everywhere new she goes [-5], helps any hurt cremlings that will let her [-5], 1st oath [-5], Brokenness for bond to form* [-10] (see backstory)

Backstory: This has been removed, it is in a PM.

Personality: Skittish, suspicious of everyone and everything (except cremlings)

Appearance: dark clothes, no skirts, old cloak

Optional extra weaknesses if you don't think I have enough: Light sleeper, skinny, phobia[15]/dislike[5]/hate[15] of Ghostbloods. (phobia: izza phobia. She can't stand being anywhere near them. dislike: she doesn't like working with them and tries to stay away. hate: hates working with them, hates their guts, actively tries to hunt them down and murder them or get them assassinated. May join their ranks in order to kill them better.)

@Voidus is this good?

Edited by Gneorndin

Spoiler

Name:  Kiel  Caulef Jesvihar  

Physical Characteristics:   Slender, Hawk-like face, grey eyes(Post Radiance) and blond hair. Mostly wears black.

[90] InvestitureLightweaver of the first oath

[80] Skills: Intelligent, Skilled in Melee Weapon Combat, an average thief.

Equipment:  A halberd, a glass dagger and a book, always a book.

Weakness: Socially awkward, first oath, hates TUBA, myopic, gets blindly loyal.

Family His spren Mystery.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Growing up in the underground had a deep impact on Kiel Caulef, when he was ten his... no, NO! Nothing happened, nothing! He grew up aspiring to be the head of  a guild, TUBA, but they... they... , he just hated them now, if he came to know a TUBAn he would sidetrack any goal- be it saving the world itself, to duel the person, to the death if need be! Because he couldn't make friends when he was young, he made books his pals. He had a master once, he taught him the stances with the spear. He never focused on them, he wanted to learn the skills of the road and he did learn them, but he was not gifted in them. When he came back, he found his master dead, he was killed by a TUBA. Kiel Caulef was furious, he went to a master blacksmith spent all of his spheres on buying a halbred. He spent days and months and years mastering and along the way he found a friend, Mystery and soon they Bonded.  

Guild: Currently unaffiliated, now aspires to be in the upper reaches of TDA

Personality:  Extremely loyal, witty, not very talkative, has PTSD 

Fighting Style: Uses Lightweaving extensively, menacing with the halberd, in close combat he uses his dagger. Creative with Soulcasting.

Introducing Kiel Jesvihar

@Voidus is this okay?

Edited by Bridge-Four
Had to mention a member. Changed character name

On 4/8/2021 at 8:58 AM, Gneorndin said:

Ok jussa minit ill put it in thread

Heres clarifications and additions and stuff

Hide contents

Physical Characteristics: Female, dark hair, dark eyes, still a child.

[90] Investiture: Dustbringer, 1st oath [90]

[85] Skills: Melee weapon training [35], Intelligence [10], Thievery [40]

[40] Equipment: staff, old cloak, brownie, knives (metal, aluminum plated) larkin[40]

[65] Weakness: Temper [-10] (Holds grudges for pranks, disagreements, etc. Grudges often stop her from working effectively with someone she’s angry at. When she’s angry she takes it out on the world, not just whoever she;s angry at (ex. Snapping at anyone who talks to her.)), Loner [-10] (Can work with people if she has to, but keeps self to self and hates when others pry.), Truthful [-10] (Is iffish with implications and ok with not answers, other than that: tells the truth – unless telling the truth would be extremely dangerous. Gives vague answers, sometimes refuses to answer.), Overly cautious [-5], always has her back to the wall [-5], collects pebbles from everywhere new she goes [-5], helps any hurt cremlings that will let her [-5], 1st oath [-5], Brokenness for bond to form* [-10] (see backstory)

Backstory: This has been removed, it is in a PM.

Personality: Skittish, suspicious of everyone and everything (except cremlings)

Appearance: dark clothes, no skirts, old cloak

Optional extra weaknesses if you don't think I have enough: Light sleeper, skinny, phobia[15]/dislike[5]/hate[15] of Ghostbloods. (phobia: izza phobia. She can't stand being anywhere near them. dislike: she doesn't like working with them and tries to stay away. hate: hates working with them, hates their guts, actively tries to hunt them down and murder them or get them assassinated. May join their ranks in order to kill them better.)

@Voidus is this good?

Hey @Gneorndin This is looking good. It's approved, I'll add it to the list.

Welcome to the AV!

Below I've put the breakdown of the weaknesses along with my reasoning for reference if you want to make additional characters. 

Spoiler

A couple notes: For the weakness I counted the temper as minus 10, the loner was minus 8 (I was a bit unsure about what you meant with regards to hates those who pry). The truthfulness was also a minus 7. Lies of omission aren't as big of a weakness I think, but the hesitancy to imply things bumps it up to a 7. I would have broken down an absolute refusal to imply anything as a 10, and a refusal to tell lies (commission or omission), regardless of the circumstance as a minus -25.

Overly cautious and back constantly against the wall also weren't well defined. I kind of counted them as the same thing, and counted them together as a minus 5 points. I wasn't sure how debilitating the collecting pebbles was, I can't see it really counting as a weakness as opposed to a quirk of personality. Its awesome for the RP aspect, but I'm not sure that it counts necessarily as a weakness per say.

The helping cremlings, first oath, and backstory brokenness were all counted as listed.

I also added in the "Hates Ghostblood" weakness for a minus 25 points because it was a weakness that had a large impact on the character being RP'ed and fits with the character really well.

This put you to 140 points, below the limit of 150, so I'll add your character to the list.

1 hour ago, Bridge-Four said:
  Hide contents

Name:  Kiel Jesvihar  

Physical Characteristics:   Slender, Hawk-like face, grey eyes(Post Radiance) and blond hair. Mostly wears black.

[90] InvestitureLightweaver of the first oath

Weakness: Socially awkward, first oath, hates TUBA, myopic, gets blindly loyal.

Family His spren Mystery.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Growing up in the underground had a deep impact on Kiel, when he was ten his... no, NO! Nothing happened, nothing! He grew up aspiring to be the head of  a guild, TUBA, but they... they... , he just hated them now, if he came to know a TUBAn he would sidetrack any goal- be it saving the world itself, to duel the person, to the death if need be! Because he couldn't make friends when he was young, he made books his pals. He had a master once, he taught him the stances with the spear. He never focused on them, he wanted to learn the skills of the road and he did learn them, but he was not gifted in them. When he came back, he found his master dead, he was killed by a TUBA. Kiel was furious, he went to a master blacksmith spent all of his spheres on buying a halbred. He spent days and months and years mastering and along the way he found a friend, Mystery and soon they Bonded.  

Fighting Style: Uses Lightweaving extensively, menacing with the halberd, in close combat he uses his dagger. Creative with Soulcasting.

Introducing Kiel Jesvihar

@Voidus is this okay?

Hello! Ik I'm not Voidus, but I'm also a mod for the AV. This is an awesome start for the character, but I do have a few reservations before I can approve it. I think it would really benefit from having the weaknesses fleshed out a little bit with maybe an example or two. Like is he physically incapable of talking to someone, or is he always nervous, but still able to hold a conversation. How bad is the myopia? Can he still function in normal society or is he blind as a bad if somethings more then a foot away? What does he do when he sees a TUBA member? How blindly loyal, and under what conditions does he get blindly loyal? Obviously the weaknesses don't need to be at either extreme, but with a bit more definition, the character would be more fleshed out and you might not need as many weaknesses to make the character within the point limit. If some of them are worse then others, then you might not need as many.

Also a quick note: Its fine if for the public sheet if he has a memory gap in his backstory, but please PM me with what happened during that to make sure its all fleshed out.

8 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Hello! Ik I'm not Voidus, but I'm also a mod for the AV

Hi! I am sorry I was not aware of any other AV mod so I pinged Vodius.

Will this do?

Spoiler

Name:  Caulef Jesvihar  

[90] InvestitureLightweaver of the first oath

Weakness: Socially awkward [Is hesitant while in conversation until he knows someone(That is, had a few conversations with them before and if they seem trustworthy)], first oath, hates TUBA [Would openly snarl at them and keep cursing them under his breath if he cannot outright confront them.], myopic[He is socially functional, but say if an an an arrow is coming toward him, his eyes just won't be able to see it, before it is at max 7-10 feet away from him and that too if he squints quite hard.], gets blindly loyal [He must have had spent some time with them, his and their thoughts should be on similar lines, would see them as his family and would try to do the best for them, maybe even leave a TUBA alive to save them first.].

Family His spren Mystery.

Backstory: Growing up in the underground had a deep impact on Caulef, when he was ten his... no, NO! Nothing happened, nothing! He grew up aspiring to be the head of  a guild, TUBA, but they... they... , he just hated them now, if he came to know a TUBAn he would sidetrack any goal- be it saving the world itself, to duel the person, to the death if need be! Because he couldn't make friends when he was young, he made books his pals. He had a master once, he taught him the stances with the spear. He never focused on them, he wanted to learn the skills of the road and he did learn them, but he was not gifted in them. When he came back, he found his master dead, he was killed by a TUBA. Caulef was furious, he went to a master blacksmith spent all of his spheres on buying a halbred. He spent days and months and years mastering and along the way he found a friend, Mystery and soon they Bonded.  

Fighting Style: Uses Lightweaving extensively, menacing with the halberd, in close combat he uses his dagger. Creative with Soulcasting.

Edited by Bridge-Four
Really wanted to change his name -> Kiel to Caulef

On 4/7/2021 at 8:20 PM, Lotus said:

You know what, why not :P. Here's Sunwalker, the misfortunent returned who just keeps getting killed again. (also forgive me I know that being a continual returned isn't normal but I really adore playing him in SE)

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Sunwalker

Physical Characteristics: Tall, buff. Return-y.

Investiture: Returned

Skills: Decently knowledgeable with merchant stuff, knows how to haggle and run a business. Amateur-level theiving skills.

Equipment: None. Was stolen from him the last time he was killed.

Weakness: Apathetic, uncaring. Horrible fighter. Very unlucky

Family: Unknown

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: Sunwalker has the unfortunate habit of being killed a lot. He always seems to find his way into trouble, one way or another, and then he dies. And it sucks. And then, what do you know, few hours later he's back up on his feet ready to join in another mafia scheme. He was born on Nalthis and had his first return there, but then decided to travel the comer, became quite the successful salt merchant, and definetly didn't get tossed off a ship into shadesmar several times.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated

Personality:  Just kinda… stopped caring. Likes to get involved with stuff, has a very caviler attitude about death. So what if he dies? Really enjoys getting into risky business ventures though, thats a bit of his guilty pleasure. 

Appearance: Quite tall, with middling tone of brown hair and dark eyes. Wears whatever he’s feeling like or whatever hasn’t been stolen from him.

Fighting Style: Try not to die and run away

*Poke poke* it looks like you may have missed my post in the mixt of the discussion happening around it

8 hours ago, Bridge-Four said:

Hi! I am sorry I was not aware of any other AV mod so I pinged Vodius.

Will this do?

Hide contents

Name:  Caulef Jesvihar  

[90] InvestitureLightweaver of the first oath

Weakness: Socially awkward [Is hesitant while in conversation until he knows someone(That is, had a few conversations with them before and if they seem trustworthy)], first oath, hates TUBA [Would openly snarl at them and keep cursing them under his breath if he cannot outright confront them.], myopic[He is socially functional, but say if an an an arrow is coming toward him, his eyes just won't be able to see it, before it is at max 7-10 feet away from him and that too if he squints quite hard.], gets blindly loyal [He must have had spent some time with them, his and their thoughts should be on similar lines, would see them as his family and would try to do the best for them, maybe even leave a TUBA alive to save them first.].

Family His spren Mystery.

Backstory: Growing up in the underground had a deep impact on Caulef, when he was ten his... no, NO! Nothing happened, nothing! He grew up aspiring to be the head of  a guild, TUBA, but they... they... , he just hated them now, if he came to know a TUBAn he would sidetrack any goal- be it saving the world itself, to duel the person, to the death if need be! Because he couldn't make friends when he was young, he made books his pals. He had a master once, he taught him the stances with the spear. He never focused on them, he wanted to learn the skills of the road and he did learn them, but he was not gifted in them. When he came back, he found his master dead, he was killed by a TUBA. Caulef was furious, he went to a master blacksmith spent all of his spheres on buying a halbred. He spent days and months and years mastering and along the way he found a friend, Mystery and soon they Bonded.  

Fighting Style: Uses Lightweaving extensively, menacing with the halberd, in close combat he uses his dagger. Creative with Soulcasting.

Awesome thanks for all the extra information! The characters approved, welcome to the alleyverse!

Here’s the reasoning:

Spoiler

All the magic skills add up to about 170. The socially awkward is a minus 5, myopic is a minus 10, blindly Loyal is another minus 5, and the first oath is a minus 5. The hating tuba is going to be a minus 10. That will bring you down to a 135 in total, your character is approved.

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

*Poke poke* it looks like you may have missed my post in the mixt of the discussion happening around it

Before I grade this I want to preface this by saying that the Index was created, partly, to prevent people gaming characters and making them OP. So to be frank I'm a little confused about how to rank this. While they are immortal, it doesn't seem like your purpose was to create an infinite source of divine breaths. Immortality + resurrections usually makes a character ridiculously OP, but considering that they aren't a fighter I'm willing to let it slide on the condition that you don't try to abuse the resurrections to make the character ridiculously wealthy/powerful in universe.

Outside of the investiture, we are looking at 20 for scholarship of running a business, 10 for thieving. 

The Unluckyness isn't really worth all that much as many if not most of its effects are countered by the power of being able to die without consequence.

The Apathy would probably be a minus 5. He still goes out and interacts with people, he just doesn't get invested with anything. If it was to a degree that he didn't want to get out of bed in the morning because it was all meaningless, then I would give it more points.

All that said, your character is approved, please don't abuse it :P.

Welcome to the Alleyverse!

Also, for those who care, sorry about the double post.

27 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Yeah, the point of that is just so I can have Sunwalker just die every other day and come back :P. If you really want we could even say that his divine breath works weirdly so he can't actually use it.

Maybe if we said that he could only use his divine breath once that would be best. Iirc divine breath healing is more powerful then other types in that it isn't as filtered by perception. That could be a bit gamey if he decides to create a divine breath factory.

6 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Maybe if we said that he could only use his divine breath once that would be best. Iirc divine breath healing is more powerful then other types in that it isn't as filtered by perception. That could be a bit gamey if he decides to create a divine breath factory.

Sounds good. 

• 1 month later...

I have another character @Sorana @Voidus @MacThorstenson

Spoiler

Name: Revek

Physical Characteristics: About eight inches tall. cream colored fur with a few swirled black spots. Wears a black kimono-like robe

Investiture: Cytonic: ‘Shadow walker’ (FTL transport) +40, Sense that increases his reflexes. +10

Skills: Expert melee weapon training. +75

Equipment: A silvery greatsword (for him) similar to a katana. 

Weakness: Overconfident and boastful of his own abilities. -5  A little unused to modern technology. -5

Family: His father was also a shadow walker, but no one in his family knew where he was, and none of them are in the Alleyverse.

Home Planet: Kitsen planet

Backstory: Was a young shadow walker during the time that the Kitsen were trading with Earth. As he was inexperienced, he messed up while teleporting and landed in the Alleyverse. (There’s probably some sort of time dilation so it’s fine.)

Guild: Unaffiliated. 

Personality: Loud. He tries to be polite, but usually fails. Doesn’t like when people pretend not to notice that he's tiny, and gets annoyed when he is overlooked (both figuratively and literally) or stepped on. He thinks of himself as a formidable fighter, and while he is, he is also not very effective due to his size. Usually rude, but he does have a poetic side.

Fighting Style: Uses poetic insults as he teleports around, whacking people.

Edited by Kings_way
Added points, correct me if I'm wrong

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Kings_way said:

I have another character @Sorana @Voidus @MacThorstenson

Hide contents

Name: Revek

Physical Characteristics: About eight inches tall. cream colored fur with a few swirled black spots. Wears a black kimono-like robe

Investiture: Cytonic: ‘Shadow walker’ (FTL transport) , Sense that increases his reflexes.

Skills: Expert melee weapon training.

Equipment: A silvery greatsword (for him) similar to a katana. 

Weakness: Overconfident and boastful of his own abilities. A little unused to modern technology.

Family: His father was also a shadow walker, but no one in his family knew where he was, and none of them are in the Alleyverse.

Home Planet: Kitsen planet

Backstory: Was a young shadow walker during the time that the Kitsen were trading with Earth. As he was inexperienced, he messed up while teleporting and landed in the Alleyverse. (There’s probably some sort of time dilation so it’s fine.)

Guild: Unaffiliated. 

Personality: Loud. He tries to be polite, but usually fails. Doesn’t like when people pretend not to notice that he's tiny, and gets annoyed when he is overlooked (both figuratively and literally) or stepped on. He thinks of himself as a formidable fighter, and while he is, he is also not very effective due to his size. Usually rude, but he does have a poetic side.

Fighting Style: Uses poetic insults as he teleports around, whacking people.

Approved, sorry for the delay

• 1 month later...

Hi! I made a character for this, if it's still alive! This world looks pretty cool and I look forward to joining!

Spoiler

Name: Bene

Physical Characteristics: A bunch of cremlings in a trenchcoat. They're about the size of a small child because of separation from the main group of cremlings

Investiture: Dysian Aimian, Aviar (the coppercloud one)

Skills: Skilled in Thievery (because dissolving into crabs is very useful for escaping)

Equipment: A trenchcoat, a hat, whatever they've stolen recently

Weakness: They were split off from the main group of cremlings in mind and body, so they don't remember anything before the Alleyverse, they don't know anything about Investiture, they don't know why they're cremlings in a trenchcoat (or even what cremlings are), they don't know their bird is an Aviar, they don't know what an Aviar is, etc. They also remember much about the world and have very bad social skills as a result.

Home planet: Roshar

Backstory: Somehow got Cognitively separated from the main group, wandered around the Alleyverse for a while

Guild: Unaffiliated, I guess

Personality: Naive, childlike, constantly dazzled by the world around them, no sense of horror. Just vibing

Fighting style: Dissolve into cremlings and flee. If they have to fight, they dissolve into cremlings and swarm over their opponent while using their claws