Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
2 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Don't know if this is the right place to ask: I'm considering joining the Alleyverse, do I post my character sheet here or PM it to one of the mods? Thanks!

Here 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:31 PM, Drol said:

Alright I haven't even touched my current character. I'd like it replaced with this one. I would like a point evaluation bc I wanna see if I can add more.

Hide contents

Skills: Spike in the eye, similar to a certain person, binding the soul to the body. Projectile weapon combat training: Skilled (60) Poison mixing: Skilled (20) *only with blackbane poison 

Weapons: Poisoned (blackbane) needles (5

Weaknesses: Clinically proclaimed insane. This madness only occurs when his is alone. (-5) Physical life dependent on the spike, removing is renders the body inert. (-20

60+20+5-20-5 = 60 points 

You do have room for more if you want. 

@AonEne updated sheet

Spoiler

Name: .M Drol

Alignment: Chaotic evil

Appearance: Always cloaked. Eyepatch covers the spike in the left eye

Skills:

Spike in the eye, similar to a certain person, binding the soul to the body. (???)

Projectile weapon combat training: Skilled (60)

Poison mixing: Skilled (20) *only with blackbane poison. Other poisons Drol is not interest in or has knowledge of.

Intelegemce- Mastermind (50)

Scholarship- Expert (40)

Weapons:

Poisoned (blackbane) needles (5)

Weaknesses: Clinically proclaimed insane. This madness only occurs when his is alone connected to his extreme and and raw intelligence. Physical life dependent on the spike, removing is renders the body inert. The nature of the soul and body of Drol is similar to Szeth's. (-25 total)

Family: None

Guild: Unaffiliated

Should be 150.

So I just made a character using the template in the characters section. What are my next steps in the alleyverse? Do you just go around to the different threads, and add to the story, or is it a bit more formal than that?

Here's the character:

Spoiler

Name: Bartholomew Rogers

Physical Characteristics: Portly, but strong and surprisingly nimble. Has bad circulation, so his fingers and toes always get cold.

Investiture: Aluminum gnat

Skills: A skilled knife fighter, stealthy, can read really, really fast

Equipment: two silver knives, a crossbow with silver bolts, and vials of aluminum

Weakness: he is antisocial, and has never been good with people. He can sneak in the night, but is not good at blending in in the daylight. Knives are his main mode of fighting, take them away and he can’t fight. He trusts no one except his sister who he hasn’t seen in years. This is both a weakness and a strength.

Family: He has parents (who doesn’t), but he doesn’t remember them much. Their names were John and Humility. He had an older brother, Moses, who he also doesn’t remember (these reasons will be explained in backstory). His remaining older sister, Judith, practically raised him.

Home Planet: Threnody

Backstory: Rodgers has Scadrian ancestry, hence his allomancy, but a long while back his ancestors worldhopped to Threnody. They left the homeland when the evil came, and were living in the forests. Rodgers parents and brother were killed by shades when his mother accidentally cut herself while cooking. His sister managed to flee with him to safety. He snapped to his allomancy from this experience. He then became a thief to survive in that harsh world. His allomancy—while considered useless on Scadrial—is useful for combatting shade withering. He became rather wealthy as a thief.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): unaffiliated (for now)

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): paranoid

Personality: A shy man. The kind of person that most are suspicious of for some reason that they can’t put their finger on. If you manage to become his friend though, he can be funny.

Appearance: Bartholomew Rogers is of average height, and had brown eyes, and black hair. He is slightly plump, but is nimble nonetheless.

Theme Song (optional): Sonata Pathetique-Beethoven

Fighting Style: A low knife fight. He avoids fights when possible, and just tries to stab in the back, or shoot a crossbow from afar.

@Mage character approved! I’ll add him to the list when I’m next on desktop. Now you can just find a thread and walk in; most are location-based, but The Masked Dance isn’t, for example. Have fun! 

Edit: Sorry that took me so long, list has been updated. 

Edited by AonEne

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Name: Athara Yuris

Physical Characteristics: Medium height, but often slouches. Black hair, and a left arm slightly longer than the right. Stony eyes. appears to be quite young.

Investiture: Is a Skybreaker, If an unorthodox one. Has earned his shardblade, but no further.

Skills: Silence and hiding. Character judgement. Pretty good at using his shardblade in a fight

Equipment: a few aluminum knives hidden on his person, and a black mask, but generally packs light

Weakness: Confrontation and social interaction. Cannot get words to say what he wants. He also has severe trust issues.

Family: None but an older brother

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Family was middle class in the Final Empire, took in a 'homeless man'. This same man found the crimes his parents had been hiding and killed them, being a ministry agent. He left the next day. He wandered until he (somehow...) found his way into the cognitive realm, and then Roshar, were he joined the Skybreakers (for mainly selfish reasons) and found a purpose for his life.

Guild: currently unnafiliated

Psyche: Unstable, to say the least

Personality: Very quiet, often cold, but VERY resolute.

Theme SongJust wind noises

Fighting Style: Not exactly honorable, but neither is it quite dishonorable.

I guess this is my character, then.

Edited by Omi the Counselor

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Name: Koh

Physical Characteristics: Very tall (5'9"), with spindly arms 

Investiture: An awakener with 51 breath (Just over the first heightening). 

Skills: Writing ciphers, memorization. Most other things relating to linguistics.

Equipment: In Koh's trench coat are stacks of paper, nearly a hundred pencils, and food rations. Otherwise, he has nothing.

Weakness: Very weak physically. Very inexperienced. Would likely lose to a child in a fight.

Family: Koh is an only child, who's parents are middle class workers on Nalthis. They've since died, and Koh barely remembers them. 

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: Koh grew up as a middle class citizen in Hallandren, where he studied linguistics at the university who's existence I don't want to fact check. His first few years, he acted like the average college kid. Messing around, hanging out with friends, etc. During his third year, however, he began dedicating himself to his studies to a fault. He barely interacted with his family, began ignoring his friends, and was constantly studying. Around this time, Koh began purchasing breath in secret, eventually acquiring 50, including his own. This irregular behavior continued until his 4th year, when he broke into the school to access the library. Koh searched for ways to continue his studies, eventually finding his way off world and into the Alleyverse. 

Guild: Currently unaffiliated 

Personality: Secretive to a fault, even when the 'secret' is obvious. Pretends to know what he's talking about, but rarely does. The most important thing to Koh is consistency. 

Appearance: Your typical anonymous figure, with a trench coat and fedora. Instead of sun glasses, though, he wears a mask similar in appearance to the Pale Champion's mask in Hollow Knight.  

Fighting Style: Imagine if you pulled a knife on a random person. Him fighting would look a little like that person's reaction. If running fails, he'll probably lose. 

I promise I only based him off of a cryptic subconsciously. 

How's this? Sorry if it's uploaded twice, my wifi is being weird. 

Spoiler

Name: Zaria

Physical Characteristics: About 6 ft. tall, blue eyes, black hair, pale skin.

Investiture: Willshaper who swore the second oath, Slider.

Skills: Can speak tons of languages (including Singer Rhythms), is a fair knife-fighter, can shoot fairly well (with a gun), and can hear the Rythmns.

Equipment: Two knives for fighting (one aluminum and one obsidian), a small sphere pouch, multiple vials of bendalloy, a small handgun, a couple dozen bullets.

Weakness: Easily distracted, had amnesia so the only source of info she has about her past life comes from Orb (the lightspren she is bonded with), occasionally suffers from seizures, can't stand the sight of her own blood, when she gets mad she is hard to calm down.

Family: As I said, she had amnesia, all she knows about her parents is that her mom was from Scadrial, and her dad was a listener.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: She grew up fairly isolated, and her mom taught her a lot of languages (which she remembers). She bonded with Orb when she was 4 (over 5 in earth years). She later went to Scadrial, where she snapped and became a slider. She then had amnesia. A month after the Amnesia incident, she found the Alleyverse and decided to try living there.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): Has ADHD

Personality: Very cheerful, usually optimistic, easily distracted

Appearance[The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Fighting Style: She likes fighting with knives and using a speed bubble at the same time if possible. If not possible, she will most likely either use guns or run away.

I hope this works for a character!

*Note: I am in no way a mod for this and so my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Characters still must be approved by an Alleyverse mod. *

On 12/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, Lotus said:

Uh how OP would a character be considered as who is a returned who dies a lot and just keeps returning?

I think it would be fine. It would be more points than a standard Returned, but other methods of immortality (like being a kandra or Aimian) are within grasp.

(Sunmaker?)

On 12/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, Sambews said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Name: Koh

Physical Characteristics: Very tall (5'9"), with spindly arms 

Investiture: An awakener with 51 breath (Just over the first heightening). 

Skills: Writing ciphers, memorization. Most other things relating to linguistics.

Equipment: In Koh's trench coat are stacks of paper, nearly a hundred pencils, and food rations. Otherwise, he has nothing.

Weakness: Very weak physically. Very inexperienced. Would likely lose to a child in a fight.

Family: Koh is an only child, who's parents are middle class workers on Nalthis. They've since died, and Koh barely remembers them. 

Home Planet: Nalthis

Backstory: Koh grew up as a middle class citizen in Hallandren, where he studied linguistics at the university who's existence I don't want to fact check. His first few years, he acted like the average college kid. Messing around, hanging out with friends, etc. During his third year, however, he began dedicating himself to his studies to a fault. He barely interacted with his family, began ignoring his friends, and was constantly studying. Around this time, Koh began purchasing breath in secret, eventually acquiring 50, including his own. This irregular behavior continued until his 4th year, when he broke into the school to access the library. Koh searched for ways to continue his studies, eventually finding his way off world and into the Alleyverse. 

Guild: Currently unaffiliated 

Personality: Secretive to a fault, even when the 'secret' is obvious. Pretends to know what he's talking about, but rarely does. The most important thing to Koh is consistency. 

Appearance: Your typical anonymous figure, with a trench coat and fedora. Instead of sun glasses, though, he wears a mask similar in appearance to the Pale Champion's mask in Hollow Knight.  

Fighting Style: Imagine if you pulled a knife on a random person. Him fighting would look a little like that person's reaction. If running fails, he'll probably lose. 

I promise I only based him off of a cryptic subconsciously. 

This looks fine by me. Only thing I'd specify is how experienced (or not) he is with Awakening.

11 hours ago, Random Bystander said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Name: Zaria

Physical Characteristics: About 6 ft. tall, blue eyes, black hair, pale skin.

Investiture: Willshaper who swore the second oath, Slider.

Skills: Can speak tons of languages (including Singer Rhythms), is a fair knife-fighter, can shoot fairly well (with a gun), and can hear the Rythmns.

Equipment: Two knives for fighting (one aluminum and one obsidian), a small sphere pouch, multiple vials of bendalloy, a small handgun, a couple dozen bullets.

Weakness: Easily distracted, had amnesia so the only source of info she has about her past life comes from Orb (the lightspren she is bonded with), occasionally suffers from seizures, can't stand the sight of her own blood, when she gets mad she is hard to calm down.

Family: As I said, she had amnesia, all she knows about her parents is that her mom was from Scadrial, and her dad was a listener.

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: She grew up fairly isolated, and her mom taught her a lot of languages (which she remembers). She bonded with Orb when she was 4 (over 5 in earth years). She later went to Scadrial, where she snapped and became a slider. She then had amnesia. A month after the Amnesia incident, she found the Alleyverse and decided to try living there.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): Has ADHD

Personality: Very cheerful, usually optimistic, easily distracted

Appearance[The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Fighting Style: She likes fighting with knives and using a speed bubble at the same time if possible. If not possible, she will most likely either use guns or run away.

Radiant Metalborn can be a bit harder to fit, just because of the sheer power level of their Investiture. Second Oath + a powerful Allomancy puts Zaria at 150 points alone, before subtracting things like their weaknesses and oaths.

Not to say that it's impossible. Storms, that's my first Alleyverse character; Tyrian, a Leecher turned Second-Oath-Dustbringer. But you need to have fairly potent weaknesses. In Tyrian's case, he flies into a rage at even a hint that someone's a Skybreaker. I think Amnesia also qualifies as a fairly major weakness, and is likely a better one for RP's sake.

I do like the character design. Some things you need are an actual written Second Oath - you can just make one up for non-canonized oaths or would-be-RoW-spoilers-to-use-officially oaths, so long as it fits the general Willshaper theme (which is... seeking freedom, I think?). With amnesia, this is up to you, but giving an idea of her true past could be a good idea, either written in the character sheet or just noted down somewhere for your reference. Finally, I'm assuming Zaria is human from the description... but with Rhythms involved it might need to be said outright oh now I see that. Half-Listener. Should probably put that in the Physical Characteristics section, as that could lead to other interactions (like taking a form, perhaps, or being more like one form than another).

8 hours ago, Ookla Fell From The Sky said:

Radiant Metalborn can be a bit harder to fit, just because of the sheer power level of their Investiture. Second Oath + a powerful Allomancy puts Zaria at 150 points alone, before subtracting things like their weaknesses and oaths.

Not to say that it's impossible. Storms, that's my first Alleyverse character; Tyrian, a Leecher turned Second-Oath-Dustbringer. But you need to have fairly potent weaknesses. In Tyrian's case, he flies into a rage at even a hint that someone's a Skybreaker. I think Amnesia also qualifies as a fairly major weakness, and is likely a better one for RP's sake.

I do like the character design. Some things you need are an actual written Second Oath - you can just make one up for non-canonized oaths or would-be-RoW-spoilers-to-use-officially oaths, so long as it fits the general Willshaper theme (which is... seeking freedom, I think?). With amnesia, this is up to you, but giving an idea of her true past could be a good idea, either written in the character sheet or just noted down somewhere for your reference. Finally, I'm assuming Zaria is human from the description... but with Rhythms involved it might need to be said outright oh now I see that. Half-Listener. Should probably put that in the Physical Characteristics section, as that could lead to other interactions (like taking a form, perhaps, or being more like one form than another).

Ok...I think there are some things I need to clarify.

1. When I said she had amnesia, I made it so it was caused by magic. When she gets her memories back they will ALL come back. It will literally make her unable to function for a few days, as she will have to recover from the shock.
  2. Her spren doesn't remember much either. I made it so her Nahel Bond temporarily effected the spren's memory.
  3. There is a reason I didn't put her oaths in there.... and that is because of spoilers.
  4. I wanted to keep this secret, because at the moment neither Zaria or Orb remembers this... but she went to Nightwatcher. She asked for adventure (this is a normal thing for Willshapers to want) and she got it. She also got the seizure thing I mentioned earlier, which stresses her out. I went all out and have her entire backstory written down! Also, no Cultivation did NOT show up.
  5. She doesn't have it at the moment, although it will re-develop soon (AKA, the first time she will be alone after talking to another character), but her Radiant problem thing is an almost crippling anxiety. If scared she also goes into fight or flight mode, and has trouble controlling herself.
  6. While she CAN hear the Rhythms, she can not, and will never be able to take a form. Ever. She doesn't have a gem heart.

I hope this helps clarify a few things!

On 12/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, Lotus said:

Uh how OP would a character be considered as who is a returned who dies a lot and just keeps returning?

You could make that work with the right weaknesses. 

On 12/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, Sambews said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Approved! 

On 12/17/2020 at 0:43 PM, Random Bystander said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think I can judge her without the oaths, sorry. You can PM them to me if you don't want others to know. 

Edit: I did approve her, and have now added these two to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s my character.

Spoiler

Name: Hadbar. Doesn’t remember it, though.

Appearance: Alethi dark hair, Terris elongated features, tall from both Alethi and Terris. However, always changing age and often lightweaving appearance.

Investiture: Atium Ferring [+30]

Skills: disguises [+10], acting/lying [+10], illumination fabrial use [+5]

Equipment: Atium metalminds [+80], illumination radiant fabrial [+20], gemstones for fabrial

Weakness: Completely forgotten identity and past. Can never hold onto a particular alias for longer than a few days. Often tried to mimic others and steal their identities. Addicted to lightweaving. [-5 total]

Personality: Changes every time alias changes. Refuses to acknowledge anything about true identity.

Fighting Style: Avoids fights whenever possible. When forced to fight, attempts to (probably poorly) mimic the fighting styles of those nearby.

Home planet: Roshar.

Family: Mother was full feruchemist worldhopper. Father was darkeyed on Roshar. Both died in a war. No siblings. Has forgotten about family.

Backstory: mother gave atium metalminds. Joined Lightweaver order. Slowly lost identity Shallan-style and refused to speak Truths. Eventually lost all memory of true past and kicked from the lightweavers. Stole lightweaving fabrial.

Guild: Unaffiliated. Hopes to soon join the Ghostbloods.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:01 PM, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

Here’s my character.

Hide contents

Name: Hadbar. Doesn’t remember it, though.

Appearance: Alethi dark hair, Terris elongated features, tall from both Alethi and Terris. However, always changing age and often lightweaving appearance.

Investiture: Atium Ferring [+30]

Skills: disguises [+10], acting/lying [+10], illumination fabrial use [+5]

Equipment: Atium metalminds [+80], illumination radiant fabrial [+20], gemstones for fabrial

Weakness: Completely forgotten identity and past. Can never hold onto a particular alias for longer than a few days. Often tried to mimic others and steal their identities. Addicted to lightweaving. [-5 total]

Personality: Changes every time alias changes. Refuses to acknowledge anything about true identity.

Fighting Style: Avoids fights whenever possible. When forced to fight, attempts to (probably poorly) mimic the fighting styles of those nearby.

Home planet: Roshar.

Family: Mother was full feruchemist worldhopper. Father was darkeyed on Roshar. Both died in a war. No siblings. Has forgotten about family.

Backstory: mother gave atium metalminds. Joined Lightweaver order. Slowly lost identity Shallan-style and refused to speak Truths. Eventually lost all memory of true past and kicked from the lightweavers. Stole lightweaving fabrial.

Guild: Unaffiliated. Hopes to soon join the Ghostbloods.

My apologies for the delay! I wouldn't actually subtract any points for those weaknesses, I think, maybe one or two, but you're approved regardless. Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

*Sighs in I guess I'll join... again*

Spoiler

Name: Jessica 

Physical Characteristics: Just check Appearance. It's all there.

Investiture: Copper Ferring (30 points)

Skills: Mastermind (65 pts), Scholarship - Skilled (30 points)

Equipment: Copper Spike (40 pts)

Weakness: Jessica may or may not have PTSD, which can trigger whenever the plot requires it at random.

Family: Like all good villains with a tragic backstory, Jessica doesn't have any family!

Home Planet: Scadrial, I suppose. I guess that's where she got her spike from.

Backstory: Her dad was an unsuccessful merchant, and her mom was abusive. Jessica ran away from home as a child, growing up in a coven of creepy cultist Mistings (that was all train of thought, so don't expect too much detail there. I'm going to pretend like I'm being vague to hide her scarring childhood, but in reality, I'm just unsure). Basically, this led her to becoming an EVIL SUPERVILLAIN MASTERMIND making out to conquer the Alleyverse.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Her own. She calls it "Supervillains Incorporated." Its membership count is currently 1.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): 

Personality: She's got a bit of an ego, but it's maneagable. Most of the time, she's just spunky and optimistic. For an evil mastermind, she's really protagonist-y.

Appearance: Tall and wiry, with long silver hair that she weaves into a crown she wears. Her eyes are a striking jade green, and her skin tone is... uhh... I don't scudding know. I'm kinda picturing a light tannish-brown, though. Her outfit's colorscheme is royal blue and gold (just... gonna throw that out there so I don't have to repeat colors over and over again). She wears layers of robe-like clothing, all laid on top of each other to make a mesmerizing combinations of creases and folds. She has a black leather cape draped over one shoulder, and nothing over the other except a golden armband. Jessica also has some pretty dope-looking leather boots that are only partially hidden by her layers of cloth. (Hopefully I can threaten hire someone to draw her).

Ooooorrr could draw her...

Spoiler

2021-01-12.jpg

Theme Song: She has two.

Fighting Style: Hehe, what made you think that she had any combat prowess whatsoever? Her entire thing is directing armies, which is a wasted skill when there are no armies to direct.

I believe that's 145 points? Is there anything I did wrong? Edit: Apparently I posted the wrong point count, but it still amounted to 145...?

Also, I have an old character on here uncreatively named Fadran. If someone could... I dunno... find him and kill him, that'd be kinda appreciated.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Spoiler

Name: LePook

Physical Characteristics: A blob of fleshy flesh that will take on the form of other people.

Investiture: Kandra, Blessing of Presence (+75)

Skills: Genius (+35), Expert Scholar (+40)

Equipment:A trunk full of different clothing, multiple sacks stashed around with bones in them

Weakness: A common problem among Kandra, He has a hard time talking to people outside of someone he is posing as.

Family: The Kandra

Backstory: LePook spent his life like many 4th generation Kandra. Admiring the 3rd Generation while looking down upon the later generations. At some point, he was hired to perform a job in the Alleyverse, and after completing it, hasn’t yet returned to his homeland on Scadrial.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated, but hoping to join the Villains Incorporated

Personality: Even though all Kandra learned to impersonate their target, LePoon found it fascinating. What one might see as an ordinary nobleman working on the farms on the outskirts of the Final Empire may also happen to have been experimenting on skaa in his basement to test them for allomancy. Or he may be having an affair. Or a whole assortment of fun things that really shine in someone’s life.

Appearance: LePook takes on the appearance of whoever he is impersonating. Even when he just has normal human bones, he still doesn’t really dress how he feels, he dresses how he thinks the bones want to be dressed.

Fighting Style: LePook has almost no fighting skills. If he had to fight, he would probably just hope his opponent doesn’t know he is a kandra, play dead and hope they go away.

K, that should be 150 points.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Sighs in I guess I'll join... again*

Reveal hidden contents

I believe that's 145 points? Is there anything I did wrong? Edit: Apparently I posted the wrong point count, but it still amounted to 145...?

Also, I have an old character on here uncreatively named Fadran. If someone could... I dunno... find him and kill him, that'd be kinda appreciated.

Approved, and you can say he died to whatever, plenty of things to randomly kill people with here :P maybe he wandered into the Alleys, that's one of the easiest.

20 hours ago, HoidWasTaken said:
  Hide contents

Name: LePook

Physical Characteristics: A blob of fleshy flesh that will take on the form of other people.

Investiture: Kandra, Blessing of Presence (+75)

Skills: Genius (+35), Expert Scholar (+40)

Equipment:A trunk full of different clothing, multiple sacks stashed around with bones in them

Weakness: A common problem among Kandra, He has a hard time talking to people outside of someone he is posing as.

Family: The Kandra

Backstory: LePook spent his life like many 4th generation Kandra. Admiring the 3rd Generation while looking down upon the later generations. At some point, he was hired to perform a job in the Alleyverse, and after completing it, hasn’t yet returned to his homeland on Scadrial.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated, but hoping to join the Villains Incorporated

Personality: Even though all Kandra learned to impersonate their target, LePoon found it fascinating. What one might see as an ordinary nobleman working on the farms on the outskirts of the Final Empire may also happen to have been experimenting on skaa in his basement to test them for allomancy. Or he may be having an affair. Or a whole assortment of fun things that really shine in someone’s life.

Appearance: LePook takes on the appearance of whoever he is impersonating. Even when he just has normal human bones, he still doesn’t really dress how he feels, he dresses how he thinks the bones want to be dressed.

Fighting Style: LePook has almost no fighting skills. If he had to fight, he would probably just hope his opponent doesn’t know he is a kandra, play dead and hope they go away.

K, that should be 150 points.

Approved.

Spoiler

Name: Cilliss Auzell (is 13)

Physical Characteristics: light brown eyes, long black hair, pale skin, tall

Investiture: Leecher (+35)

Skills: She is a Genius (+45), is skilled in hand to hand combat (+30), pretty good at manipulating people (+20?),and is an expert scholar (+40)

Equipment: A backpack, a few changes of clothing, 15 vials of chromium, and 50 boxings

Weakness: She has NPD (she basically thinks she is better and more important than everyone else, and doesn't care about how she effects others.) (-20?)

Family: Mother: Peli Auzell(Diseased) Father: Narsen Auzell(Diseased) Brother: Keve Auzell

Backstory: She was born in a noble house on Scadrial, and had an extensive education. She snapped at the age of 7 after her mother was shot and killed with her watching. After her mother's death, her father had her trained in martial arts. Her father died when she was 10, from a disease. Her brother took over the house, and she left 3 years later. A week after leaving, she found the Alleyverse. 

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated for now. Hoping to join one soon.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): As I said, she has NPD.

Personality: She is usualy very cocky, but will play innocent to get what she wants.

Appearance: She is almost always seen wearing a simple, elegant dress, but if she is fighting she will switch to Rough's style clothing

Theme Song (optional):

Fighting Style: She is a skilled martial artist, but will often try to think her way out of a problem.

Edited by Random Bystander

On 1/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, Random Bystander said:
  Hide contents

Name: Cilliss Auzell (is 13)

Physical Characteristics: light brown eyes, long black hair, pale skin, tall

Investiture: Leecher (+35)

Skills: She is a Genius (+45), is skilled in hand to hand combat (+30), pretty good at manipulating people (+20?),and is an expert scholar (+40)

Equipment: A backpack, a few changes of clothing, 15 vials of chromium, and 50 boxings

Weakness: She has NPD (she basically thinks she is better and more important than everyone else, and doesn't care about how she effects others.) (-20?)

Family: Mother: Peli Auzell(Diseased) Father: Narsen Auzell(Diseased) Brother: Keve Auzell

Backstory: She was born in a noble house on Scadrial, and had an extensive education. She snapped at the age of 7 after her mother was shot and killed with her watching. After her mother's death, her father had her trained in martial arts. Her father died when she was 10, from a disease. Her brother took over the house, and she left 3 years later. A week after leaving, she found the Alleyverse. 

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated for now. Hoping to join one soon.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): As I said, she has NPD.

Personality: She is usualy very cocky, but will play innocent to get what she wants.

Appearance: She is almost always seen wearing a simple, elegant dress, but if she is fighting she will switch to Rough's style clothing

Theme Song (optional):

Fighting Style: She is a skilled martial artist, but will often try to think her way out of a problem.

Expert scholar in what, and NPD is definitely not gonna be a -20, more like -5 at most :P 

Spoiler

Name: Coal Keen

Physical Characteristics: somewhere in his 20's (who keeps track of these things anyway?) Looked thin but is strong with a tan skin complexion. He always has

messed up hair. Often wears ragged shorts and T-shirt and he almost never wears shoes. 

Investiture: Alomancy-steel [40]

Skills: Average skill with projectile combat [45], Amateur skill with melee weapons [20], and skilled in thievery [40].

Equipment: Two aluminium knifes, several vials of steel.

Weakness: Extreme hatred towards all hemalergy users causing him to refuse to work with any of them and go into a rage while fighting them. [Although his self preservation is slightly higher than this hate . Meaning that he won't attack one unprovoked unless he is certain that he can get away with it.] Slow to trust.

Family: brother named Josh was a lurcher. Parents Hemalergic dealers. All dead or presumed dead.

Home Planet: Scandrial

Backstory: Cole was born on Scandrial. His brother Josh and him both snapped at a young age. Their parents were part of an underground Hemalurgic dealership and when Josh and Cole snapped they were offered to either join the organization or die. Josh and Cole refused to join and were able to get away as their parents died in an attempt to save their kids. After being on the run for a while they eventually found themselves in the Alleyverse where Cole stayed alive by helping Josh steal stuff and sell them on the blackmarket for money. Then one day Cole found Josh in an alleyway but was forced to hide and watch Josh as he was surrounded and killed by a group of Hemalurgic dealers. Now without his brother and the blackmarket contacts he had, Cole has been searching ways to make a living and been training so that when it is his turn to face the hemalurgist he will be ready.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated (for now)

Psyche/personality: Is generally pessimistic and shy but will often be stubborn and has a strong sense of self-preservation. He believes that the feet he was born with should be all he needs. He also blames the mistake of those around him on the fact of them wearing shoes.

[I apologize. I don't really know what Psyche is. But I Hope I did good]

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): He relates very much to "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin

Fighting Style: Likes to attack by shooting small metal objects from a distance. If fighting multiple people he will shoot a spray of metal objects to confuse them and then try to get farther away as to shoot them from a distance. If that is not a possibility he tries to engage each person separately by jumping at them and using his knives to stab them while also using his Alomancy to exploit any metal on a person's body.

Hope this works. (Also I’m pretty new and haven’t used a spoiler tag until now so sorry if I did it wrong.)

On 7/22/2018 at 9:07 PM, Voidus said:

Note: If one has 2 or more spikes, for the point value, add both spike’s point values together and multiply by 1.5

Subtract 3 points of weakness per spike with each spike adding another three:

ex. 4 spikes = 3+6+9+12=30 -30 points

ex. 5 spikes = 3+6+9+12+15=45 -45 points

I'm having way too much trouble parsing this. Why do you multiply by 1.5? I get the weakness increases, so the example numbers there are the amount you subtract from your overall point value, but I don't understand why you increase the point value first. Is it just because if you didn't you'd be subtracting too many points? So the formula for determining how many points to subtract is 1.5x-(3x+3(x-1)+3(x-2)...)? I guess that makes sense, so the amount of points gained increases linearly and points lost is exponential, which would give a nice power curve that's pretty high at first and then drops off fast. I feel like typing it out helped me process it and now I might understand it better, but I've wrapped my brain in so many circles for this that I still assume I'm making a terrible mistake somewhere. ^^;

Also I clicked the page button to see what it did and now there are three gray lines at the bottom of my post that won't go away. So uh, if this post looks dumb for some reason, that'd be why.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:27 PM, Durrin said:
  Hide contents

Name: Coal Keen

Physical Characteristics: somewhere in his 20's (who keeps track of these things anyway?) Looked thin but is strong with a tan skin complexion. He always has

messed up hair. Often wears ragged shorts and T-shirt and he almost never wears shoes. 

Investiture: Alomancy-steel [40]

Skills: Average skill with projectile combat [45], Amateur skill with melee weapons [20], and skilled in thievery [40].

Equipment: Two aluminium knifes, several vials of steel.

Weakness: Extreme hatred towards all hemalergy users causing him to refuse to work with any of them and go into a rage while fighting them. [Although his self preservation is slightly higher than this hate . Meaning that he won't attack one unprovoked unless he is certain that he can get away with it.] Slow to trust.

Family: brother named Josh was a lurcher. Parents Hemalergic dealers. All dead or presumed dead.

Home Planet: Scandrial

Backstory: Cole was born on Scandrial. His brother Josh and him both snapped at a young age. Their parents were part of an underground Hemalurgic dealership and when Josh and Cole snapped they were offered to either join the organization or die. Josh and Cole refused to join and were able to get away as their parents died in an attempt to save their kids. After being on the run for a while they eventually found themselves in the Alleyverse where Cole stayed alive by helping Josh steal stuff and sell them on the blackmarket for money. Then one day Cole found Josh in an alleyway but was forced to hide and watch Josh as he was surrounded and killed by a group of Hemalurgic dealers. Now without his brother and the blackmarket contacts he had, Cole has been searching ways to make a living and been training so that when it is his turn to face the hemalurgist he will be ready.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated (for now)

Psyche/personality: Is generally pessimistic and shy but will often be stubborn and has a strong sense of self-preservation. He believes that the feet he was born with should be all he needs. He also blames the mistake of those around him on the fact of them wearing shoes.

[I apologize. I don't really know what Psyche is. But I Hope I did good]

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): He relates very much to "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin

Fighting Style: Likes to attack by shooting small metal objects from a distance. If fighting multiple people he will shoot a spray of metal objects to confuse them and then try to get farther away as to shoot them from a distance. If that is not a possibility he tries to engage each person separately by jumping at them and using his knives to stab them while also using his Alomancy to exploit any metal on a person's body.

Hope this works. (Also I’m pretty new and haven’t used a spoiler tag until now so sorry if I did it wrong.)

Approved. And no worries, you did it right. 

8 hours ago, PeterElricPines said:

I'm having way too much trouble parsing this. Why do you multiply by 1.5? I get the weakness increases, so the example numbers there are the amount you subtract from your overall point value, but I don't understand why you increase the point value first. Is it just because if you didn't you'd be subtracting too many points? So the formula for determining how many points to subtract is 1.5x-(3x+3(x-1)+3(x-2)...)? I guess that makes sense, so the amount of points gained increases linearly and points lost is exponential, which would give a nice power curve that's pretty high at first and then drops off fast. I feel like typing it out helped me process it and now I might understand it better, but I've wrapped my brain in so many circles for this that I still assume I'm making a terrible mistake somewhere. ^^;

Also I clicked the page button to see what it did and now there are three gray lines at the bottom of my post that won't go away. So uh, if this post looks dumb for some reason, that'd be why.

To be perfectly frank, I don't really understand that part either :lol: I mostly let the mods who do understand it take care of that part. 

Welcome, both of you! 

(I have no idea what the page lines are either and I've been here years, haha) Edit: But I can get rid of them for you in the source code, apparently!