Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Spoiler

Name: Nardo Risil

Physical Characteristics: Parshendi in a form similar to storm form but with blue eyes

Investiture: Windrunner of the third ideal

Skills: very good at foraging for food and can fight well in wind stance

Equipment: three chull gemhearts

Weakness: He is overprotective of his friends always worried something will happen if he leaves

Family: Siena Risil(mother) and Lindo Risil(Father) both are deceased 

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Nardo’s parents went on a chasmfiend hunt and were both killed, since then he left all the other parshendi and found a rouge honour spren named Lyv. He learned how to world hop and just discovered the allyverse.

Guild: unaffiliated

Personality: Caring but very suspicious at times

Fighting Style: Attacks from above, sometimes sending his opponents into the sky

Ok, tell me if I need to change anything or did anything wrong. I wasn’t sure how to rank their power so I just didn’t.

Spoiler

Name: Kace Xenoh

Physical Characteristics: 5'4, 21 years old, Tan, Ambidextrous

Investiture: Epic, with spirit trapping abilities* (30), gifting abilities (10), and force fields (80) 

Skills: Skilled at Assassination (60), and pretty good with a gun (45) 

Equipment: Pistol, Grappling hook

Weakness: Coconuts, suffers from narcolepsy (-25), likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic (-10)

Family: (Father, and two sisters)

Home Planet: Earth

Backstory: Was given a serious head injury by a coconut on a family vacation, resulting in his Narcolepsy, and fear of coconuts. Shortly after he graduated high school calamity appeared in the sky. I'm to lazy to actually put how he got to the Alleyverse, so Megan accidentally put him there? Idk.

Guild: Ghost Busters! (Also hopefully coming soon) :P

Personality: Extremely extroverted and talkative, though he likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic, despises ghosts or or non corporeal beings in general, and enjoys climbing things because he can.

*The ability to trap things in the physical realm. Effective on Curators, Dreamers, Spren, Cognitive Shadows, or non corporeal beings in general

120 (M) + 105 (S) - 35 (W) = 190
This one's a bit over the limit  @I Used To Be A Fish

7 hours ago, A Windrunner said:
  Hide contents

Name: Nardo Risil

Physical Characteristics: Parshendi (20) in a form similar to storm form but with blue eyes

Investiture: Windrunner of the third ideal (160 - 5 - 15) (Assuming standard Windrunner oaths here)

Skills: very good at foraging for food (25) and can fight well in wind stance (50)

Equipment: three chull gemhearts

Weakness: He is overprotective of his friends always worried something will happen if he leaves (-10)

Family: Siena Risil(mother) and Lindo Risil(Father) both are deceased 

Backstory: Nardo’s parents went on a chasmfiend hunt and were both killed, since then he left all the other parshendi and found a rouge honour spren named Lyv. He learned how to world hop and just discovered the allyverse.

Guild: unaffiliated

Personality: Caring but very suspicious at times

Fighting Style: Attacks from above, sometimes sending his opponents into the sky

Ok, tell me if I need to change anything or did anything wrong. I wasn’t sure how to rank their power so I just didn’t.

180 (M) + 75 (S) -30 (W) = 225 total
This one's also a bit over, I'd suggest probably dropping the ideal that they're at the first ideal? I find it tends to work better for most Radiants when you can actually write them progressing through.

10 minutes ago, Voidus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Investiture: Epic, with spirit trapping abilities* (30), gifting abilities (10), and force fields (80) 

Weakness: Coconuts, suffers from narcolepsy (-25), likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic (-10)

Backstory: Was given a serious head injury by a coconut on a family vacation, resulting in his Narcolepsy, and fear of coconuts. Shortly after he graduated high school calamity appeared in the sky. I'm to lazy to actually put how he got to the Alleyverse, so Megan accidentally put him there? Idk.

Personality: Extremely extroverted and talkative, though he likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic, despises ghosts or or non corporeal beings in general, and enjoys climbing things because he can.

*The ability to trap things in the physical realm. Effective on Curators, Dreamers, Spren, Cognitive Shadows, or non corporeal beings in general

Spoiler

Eh... Never mind. :P

18 minutes ago, Voidus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

180 (M) + 75 (S) -30 (W) = 225 total
This one's also a bit over, I'd suggest probably dropping the ideal that they're at the first ideal? I find it tends to work better for most Radiants when you can actually write them progressing through.

That sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Somebody from Scadrial

Hey can I get a rating for this character:

Name: Garrot Galway

Physical Characteristics: male, short but strongly built with darkish skin

Investiture: Forger, A Steel spike A duralumin spike (25 or what?) only a few MINUTES decay for both

Skills: Forging, Axe Fighting, passable swordsman

Equipment: patchwork backpack with something in it (hemalurgic spikes no charge), poleaxe, crossbow, 5 steel tipped crossbow bolts

Weakness: is horrified by the concept of nothing non-existence dark and black things to the point where he won't go near them and he gets panic attacks when by himself, he is decently antisocial and has a tendency to solve problems by axing questions rather then asking questions :P

Family: his mother died when he was young and his father has always been out of the picture he was raised by his uncle who taught him forging

Home Planet: Sel

Backstory: he and his mother had lived a fairly good life until his mother died a few months after he turned four with his father out of the picture his uncle raised him and taught him forging eventually he world hopped to Scadrial where his spent nearly a decade as one of Harmony's agents that was where he got his hemalurgic spikes eventually he took a wrong turn in the spiritual realm trying to get to Roshar he spent five years in the space in between worlds which most people believe is where he got his paranoia

Guild (can be unaffiliated): previously one of Harmony's agents now unaffiliated

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): is horrified by the concept of nothing non-existence dark and black things to the point where he won't go near them and he gets panic attacks when he is by himself which is why he so strongly believes in a afterlife

Personality: strongly believes that there is a afterlife though he does not believe in any one religion he has a secret goal that only he knows and refuses to share with anyone

Appearance[The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): various laughs and screams (he would call it party music I wouldn't)

Fighting Style: axe Fighting but at times he uses his axe like a spear and when he does he fights much better

Edited by Somebody from Sel

23 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Investiture: Forger, +60 A Steel spike 40 F Electrum spike 30 only a few MINUTES decay for both (-1) -3-6 40+30x1.5 = +85-10 = 75 for spikes

Skills: Forging, Axe Fighting, passable swordsman skilled +50

Equipment: patchwork backpack with something What is it? in it, poleaxe, crossbow, 5 steel tipped crossbow bolts

Weakness: is horrified by the concept of nothing non-existence dark and black things to the point where he won't go near them and he gets panic attacks when by himself -15

Backstory: he and his mother had lived a fairly good life until his mother died a few months after he turned four with his father out of the picture his uncle raised him and taught him forging eventually he world hopped to Scadrial where his spent nearly a decade as one of Harmony's agents that was where he got his hemalurgic spikes eventually he took a wrong turn in the spiritual realm trying to get to Roshar he spent five years in the space in between worlds which most people believe is where he got his paranoia

60+75+50-15 = 170

Welcome to the Alleyverse! You're a bit over the limit.

We don't know how the Spiritual Realm works and thus prefer to stay away from it here. Did you mean the Cognitive Realm?

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Alleyverse! You're a bit over the limit.

We don't know how the Spiritual Realm works and thus prefer to stay away from it here. Did you mean the Cognitive Realm?

Yes that's DEFINITELY what I meant the I'm about level with the rest of you on understanding the spiritual realm and a decent bit behind some of you I made a few changes in order to do my best to put him as close to the limit as I can

On 9/29/2020 at 11:06 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

Name: Garrot Galway

Physical Characteristics: male, short but strongly built with darkish skin

Investiture: Forger, A Steel spike A duralumin spike only a few MINUTES decay for both

Skills: Forging, Axe Fighting, passable swordsman

Equipment: patchwork backpack with something in it (hemalurgic spikes no charge), poleaxe, crossbow, 5 steel tipped crossbow bolts

Weakness: is horrified by the concept of nothing non-existence dark and black things to the point where he won't go near them and he gets panic attacks when by himself, he is decently antisocial and has a tendency to solve problems by axing questions rather then asking questions :P

Family: his mother died when he was young and his father has always been out of the picture he was raised by his uncle who taught him forging

Home Planet: Sel

Backstory: he and his mother had lived a fairly good life until his mother died a few months after he turned four with his father out of the picture his uncle raised him and taught him forging eventually he world hopped to Scadrial where his spent nearly a decade as one of Harmony's agents that was where he got his hemalurgic spikes eventually he took a wrong turn in the Cognitive realm trying to get to Roshar he spent five years in the space in between worlds which most people believe is where he got his paranoia

Guild (can be unaffiliated): previously one of Harmony's agents now unaffiliated

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): is horrified by the concept of nothing non-existence dark and black things to the point where he won't go near them and he gets panic attacks when he is by himself which is why he so strongly believes in a afterlife

Personality: strongly believes that there is a afterlife though he does not believe in any one religion he has a secret goal that only he knows and refuses to share with anyone

Theme Song (optional): various laughs and screams (he would call it party music I wouldn't)

Fighting Style: axe Fighting but at times he uses his axe like a spear and when he does he fights much better

Investiture: Forger, +60 A Steel spike 40 A duralumin spike 5 only a few MINUTES decay for both (-1) -3-6 40+5 x 1.5 = +60-10 = 50 for spikes 

Skills: Forging, Axe Fighting, passable swordsman skilled +50 

Weakness: is horrified by the concept of nothing non-existence dark and black things to the point where he won't go near them and he gets panic attacks when by himself -15 he is decently antisocial and has a tendency to solve problems by axing questions rather then asking questions :P -5 (-20) 

60+50+50-20 = 140 

Approved! I’ll add him to the list. 

Does this work?

Spoiler

Name: Sicaria(If you get the reference let me know :) )
Eyes: large, pixie blue
Hair: short, boyish, blonde hair styled messily
Skin/Physique: pale and muscular
Height: 5'6"
Clothes: non-restrictive, uniform, black clothing with tabi shoes
Investiture: None, she is a Drab
Skills: Expert Assassination (+80), Skilled Hand to Hand Combat Training (+30), Amateur Melee Weapon Combat Training (+20), Intelligent (+20), Average Healing (+15)
Equipment: Knives concealed along her person, occasionally she uses a quarterstaff
Weakness: Doesn't like killing, Foreign Accent Syndrome(this causes her to speak every language with a different accent, could be a strength or a weakness), wants to find her family badly, Drab
Family: Unknown to her, but they live in Idris as a family of 6(2 parents, 4 children not including her) with few means
Home Planet: Nalthis
Backstory: At 6, she was sent by her family to an apprenticeship with a master seamstress, but the seamstress rejected her quickly. While trying to return to her family, she caught the attention of a group from Xaka who took her to Xaka and trained her as an assassin. At 25 while on one of her first missions, she realized that she didn't want to do it, so she ran away. If it's compatible with the story she's in, she may be pursued by the group that trained her.
Guild: unaffiliated
Personality: Appears cold in all things, takes a while to trust people, suspicious of everything. Once she trusts you, she will warm. Slightly.
Fighting Style: Cautious, but can be deadly if pushed to extremes. She will try to get away without killing people.

On 8.10.2020 at 5:42 AM, Condensation said:

Does this work?

Hello and welcome to the Alleyverse!

Your character works well, I'll add her to the list! Characters without Investiture are rare, but I found that they make for an awesome addition to the rp. Have a lot of fun!

Hi, So I was wanting to join the alleyverse and made a character.

Spoiler

Name: Shaon

Physical Characteristics: 27-year-old Selish male, blond hair, green eyes, not very muscular, tan skin.

Investiture: Dustbringer - third ideal (can activate division at range (1-4 feet) (+160)

Skills: Trained with handguns for 7 years (+60) amateur assassination  (+20)

Equipment: 1 laser gun (+35)

Weakness: he is a Truthless (-__), very paranoid, (-15

Family: Parents (unknown)

Backstory: Selish parents left him on Roshar leaving him with only his name. He grew up in Shinovar Where he was made a truthless. The bearer of his oathstone showed him the alleyverse. He does not know the name of the person with his stone, all he knows is that they live in Alleycity. Currently unaffiliated in any guilds.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Untrusting and socially awkward. If he does decide to trust, he trusts with his life. Caring

Fighting Style: very proficient with guns, (slides across the ground on his back firing)

I am not sure how to do some of the scoring and left parts out such as how much to take off for him being Truthless. He is very bound by rules as truthless. (I was thinking someone else can have his oathstone.) His oaths are also restrictive. I am open to suggestions. (I know that is above the limit, this is temporary until I figure out how much to reduce.)

On 9.10.2020 at 3:51 PM, Chasmgoat said:

I am not sure how to do some of the scoring and left parts out such as how much to take off for him being Truthless. He is very bound by rules as truthless. (I was thinking someone else can have his oathstone.) His oaths are also restrictive. I am open to suggestions. (I know that is above the limit, this is temporary until I figure out how much to reduce.)

Hello :)

just some quick feedback, Ene and I are discussing what to make of a Truthless character, as we never had one so far. Sorry that it takes us a bit, our time zones don't align too well.

Could you please tell me which three oaths your character spoke so far? I couldn't find it here, or in the discussion thread and I need it to rate the character correctly.

Is there a in-character reason you decided to make Division stronger by removing the "need to touch something"?

Regarding the Truthless: if they don't know who holds their Oathstone, how are able to follow whatever orders the other person tells them? IS there some kind of communication, or can they simply do what they want to?

Edited by Sorana

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Could you please tell me which three oaths your character spoke so far?

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination

I will take responsibility for my mistakes

I will fight anything to fulfill what is right } I couldn't think of a better wording or another oath.

Is there a in-character reason you decided to make Division stronger by removing the "need to touch something"?

not really, I was wanting to make it more interesting ability-wise. I can make one.

Regarding the Truthless: if they don't know who holds their Oathstone, how are able to follow whatever orders the other person tells them? IS there some kind of communication, or can they simply do what they want to?

There is some force that leaves him notes or something. I was not sure what to do with that I was planning on the oathstone being passed to either a faction or another player. I am bound to it and can not do whatever I want. Any suggestions?

I can completely redo my character if needed. This was mostly a test since I am new to RPing.

If any of this does not quite fit or work, I will change it. Thank you for helping! (Parts of this involving the truthless do not seem to work, so I may need to work on it some more.)

Spoiler

Name:  Alaia Galway

Spren: Kalleekoroe she calls him Kall or Kalleek for short. He is very bold and funny with a tendency to turn around what she says, all while talking with her voice :P:P:P

Lightweaving: while not a very good artist she is quite good at getting proportions right and will often make sketches that seem more like blueprints than drawings 

Soulcasting: empty for now

Physical Characteristics: small and slight build with dark red hair on the brown side not very muscular

Investiture: Lightweaver of the first oath

Skills: slightly above average knife fighter, uncanny instincts for fabrials and a decent knowledge about them too

Equipment: half shard and Zephyr soulcaster duel knives made from aluminum (gained on a visit back to Roshar)

Weakness: not very strong, and although she doesn't know it she is very fragile when it comes to her past although she is coming to terms with it and getting close to swearing her second ideal any reminders of her past make her go into a kind of coma for a few seconds

Family: mother dead, father wants nothing to do with her and unbeknownst to her he is very close to being dead, she does not know if she has any siblings but she does know is that she was the result of her father's second marriage not his first

Home Planet: Roshar first generation on one side

Backstory: she was born to a native Rosharian women and a Selish born worldhopping father. Her mother worked for the queen in Kholinar but when it fell she was killed, her father far off fighting in the shattered plains didn't receive news of it for some time. Alaia having no mother and being astranged from her father decided that some family was better then none, and went to her father expecting a home at least and that's what she got on one condition that she learn two things, how to worldhop and how to fight with a weapon of her choosing she chose knives and hesitantly learned how to worldhop. When her father declared that her learning was done she left and only looked back once  then she came to the alleyverse.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): she holds no loyalty to anyone but herself.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): very fearful and hesitant not the best a relationship building she and her mother both agreed that she got it from her father

Personality: shy and hesitant not the best at building relationships but she tries

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): Hello darkness my old friend I think this should be lightweavers standard theme song

Fighting Style: she uses knives with a combination of soulcasting. She is hesitant to use her lightweaving but when she does she creates beautiful and detailed "creations"

Can I get a rating please just wanna keep this one in the back pocket until I can get Garrot established and I got a huge spark for a character so here we are

Also @Chasmgoat Just going to mention that he technically doesn't need to be a KR he could just have the dustbringer honorblade which could serve as a reason for division having a buff it all rolls into a neat little bundle consisting of "I'm a truthless and I'm special'

7 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spren: Kalleekoroe she calls him Kall or Kalleek for short. He is very bold and funny with a tendency to turn around what she says, all while talking with her voice :P:P:P

Lightweaving: while not a very good artist she is quite good at getting proportions right and will often make sketches that seem more like blueprints than drawings 

Physical Characteristics: small and slight build with dark red hair on the brown side not very muscular

Skills: slightly above average knife fighter, uncanny instincts for fabrials and a decent knowledge about them too

Equipment: half shard and Zephyr soulcaster duel knives made from aluminum (gained on a visit back to Roshar)

Weakness: not very strong, and although she doesn't know it she is very fragile when it comes to her past although she is coming to terms with it and getting close to swearing her second ideal any reminders of her past make her go into a kind of coma for a few seconds

Family: mother dead, father wants nothing to do with her and unbeknownst to her he is very close to being dead, she does not know if she has any siblings but she does know is that she was the result of her father's second marriage not his first

Backstory: she was born to a native Rosharian women and a Selish born worldhopping father. Her mother worked for the queen in Kholinar but when it fell she was killed, her father far off fighting in the shattered plains didn't receive news of it for some time. Alaia having no mother and being astranged from her father decided that some family was better then none, and went to her father expecting a home at least and that's what she got on one condition that she learn two things, how to worldhop and how to fight with a weapon of her choosing she chose knives and hesitantly learned how to worldhop. When her father declared that her learning was done she left and only looked back once  then she came to the alleyverse.

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): very fearful and hesitant not the best a relationship building she and her mother both agreed that she got it from her father

Personality: shy and hesitant not the best at building relationships but she tries

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): Hello darkness my old friend I think this should be lightweavers standard theme song

Fighting Style: she uses knives with a combination of soulcasting. She is hesitant to use her lightweaving but when she does she creates beautiful and detailed "creations"

Can I get a rating please just wanna keep this one in the back pocket until I can get Garrot established and I got a huge spark for a character so here we are

Also @Chasmgoat Just going to mention that he technically doesn't need to be a KR he could just have the dustbringer honorblade which could serve as a reason for division having a buff it all rolls into a neat little bundle consisting of "I'm a truthless and I'm special'

I'm allowed to have an honorblade? that would fit my character well since it is hard to keep oaths as a truthless.

31 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I'm allowed to have an honorblade? that would fit my character well since it is hard to keep oaths as a truthless.

Szeth has a honorblade that is clearly tied to his truthless hood so yes just count it as dustbringer with a few extra points for not having oaths or being broken

Hey I think this got overlooked

Spoiler

Fighting Style: she uses knives with a combination of soulcasting. She is hesitant to use her lightweaving but when she does she creates beautiful and detailed "creations

Can I get a rating please just wanna keep this one in the back pocket until I get Garrot established and I got a huge spark for a character so here we are

Edited by Sorana

On 17.10.2020 at 5:06 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

Can I get a rating please just wanna keep this one in the back pocket until I get Garrot established and I got a huge spark for a character so here we are

Of course! Rating see below in green

Spoiler

Investiture: Lightweaver of the first oath (90-5=85)

Skills: slightly above average knife fighter ( Average = 35), uncanny instincts for fabrials and a decent knowledge about them too (Scholarship (Fabrials) Skilled 30)

Fighting Style: she uses knives with a combination of soulcasting. She is hesitant to use her lightweaving but when she does she creates beautiful and detailed "creations

Character is approved.

Edited by Sorana

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Of course! Rating see below in green

Hide contents

Investiture: Lightweaver of the first oath (90-5=85)

Skills: slightly above average knife fighter ( Average = 35), uncanny instincts for fabrials and a decent knowledge about them too (Scholarship (Fabrials) Skilled 30)

Character is approved.

Thanks!

Alright I haven't even touched my current character. I'd like it replaced with this one. I would like a point evaluation bc I wanna see if I can add more.

Spoiler

Name: .M Drol

Alignment: Chaotic evil

Appearance: Always cloaked. Eyepatch covers the spike in the left eye

Skills:

Spike in the eye, similar to a certain person, binding the soul to the body. (???)

Projectile weapon combat training: Skilled (60)

Poison mixing: Skilled (25) *only with blackbane poison. Other poisons Drol is not interest in or has knowledge of.

Weapons:

Poisoned (blackbane) needles

Weaknesses: Clinically proclaimed insane. This madness only occurs when his is alone. Physical life dependent on the spike, removing is renders the body inert. The nature of the soul and body of Drol is similar to Szeth's.

Family: None

Guild: Unaffiliated