Archer

Alleyverse Characters

OP character approval   34 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,697 posts in this topic

Hello @Esane

I've got a short question regarding your character. What exactly do you mean with spear/staff? The skill to use a spear or stuff or that they own a special weapon?

In general: your character is a little too strong (although that also depends on the question above), so they might end up within our borders, depending on how skilled they are with their weapon.

13 hours ago, Sorana said:

Hello @Esane

I've got a short question regarding your character. What exactly do you mean with spear/staff? The skill to use a spear or stuff or that they own a special weapon?

In general: your character is a little too strong (although that also depends on the question above), so they might end up within our borders, depending on how skilled they are with their weapon.

Hi @Sorana Thanks so much for the feedback. Allow me to explain. When Zafino was in Highprince Sadeas' army, he would practice the spear day after day, for 2 hours a day, for 8 years. Sometimes he would forget, but through time he learned well. In the year he came to Alleyverse (and subsequently Alleycity) his skill with the spear dropped a little as he had not much time to practice. His spear score would have been 70, but without the practice it is now 50. And when I say spear/staff, I mean he is well versed in this category of weapons. He does not have a special version, but he does prefer to handpick his weapons (Especially if they are of this category)

Spoiler

HE ALSO HAS AN EXTRA WEAKNESS. AS A WILLSHAPER, HE FEELS COMPELLED TO FREE ENSLAVED PEOPLE, ENSLAVED BY GOVERNMENT OR PHYSICALLY OR OTHERWISE.

Edited by Esane
Needed more info

On 20.8.2020 at 2:00 PM, Esane said:

Hi @Sorana Thanks so much for the feedback. Allow me to explain. When Zafino was in Highprince Sadeas' army, he would practice the spear day after day, for 2 hours a day, for 8 years. Sometimes he would forget, but through time he learned well. In the year he came to Alleyverse (and subsequently Alleycity) his skill with the spear dropped a little as he had not much time to practice. His spear score would have been 70, but without the practice it is now 50. And when I say spear/staff, I mean he is well versed in this category of weapons. He does not have a special version, but he does prefer to handpick his weapons (Especially if they are of this category)

Reveal hidden contents

HE ALSO HAS AN EXTRA WEAKNESS. AS A WILLSHAPER, HE FEELS COMPELLED TO FREE ENSLAVED PEOPLE, ENSLAVED BY GOVERNMENT OR PHYSICALLY OR OTHERWISE.

Sorry, took me a little, weekends usually are quite busy for me. So here you are:

Spoiler

Name: Zafino

Physical Characteristics: Tall, angular face, similar to Hoid, but a long scar over his left eye. His hair is bronze colored and sticks straight up in the front and gets shorter as it goes to the back and around the sides, except for one braid at the back that is the deepest black ever. Arms are medium length, and his hands are very nimble.

Investiture: 

Skills: Willshaper of the Second Ideal (100)(was broken after Ratah’s death) Pewter Misting (30) Spear/Staff (50) Wit (30)

Weakness: Cake and small spaces (Alleyways, Closets, etc.) (-20), has to free those enslaved (-15)

Personality/Psyche: Rather mean, like Kaladin, but with a soft side when it comes to young children or other Rosharans. He speaks with a gruff tone, where at first sound, makes him appear like a mercenary, but he prefers stealth from straight out no surprise brutality. Referred to as Zaf or Ino by his friends

Theme Song (optional): The Knife’s Edge by Cabal Mind

Fighting Style: Silent Spear and Silent Dagger

Rating:

Investiture/ Combat related: 100+30+50 =180
Special Skills: 30
Weakness: -35

Total: 175 --> Still a little too strong. Maybe add another weakness or remove one of the skills?

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Name: Zafino

Physical Characteristics: Tall, angular face, similar to Hoid, but a long scar over his left eye. His hair is bronze colored and sticks straight up in the front and gets shorter as it goes to the back and around the sides, except for one braid at the back that is the deepest black ever. Arms are medium length, and his hands are very nimble.

Investiture: 

Skills: Willshaper of the Second Ideal (100)(was broken after Ratah’s death) Spear/Staff (50) Wit (30)

Weakness: Cake and small spaces (Alleyways, Closets, etc.) (-20), has to free those enslaved (-15) When he sees a couple he tends to have a medium sized panic attack and runs for the nearest building to hide (-15)

Personality/Psyche: Rather mean, like Kaladin, but with a soft side when it comes to young children or other Rosharans. He speaks with a gruff tone, where at first sound, makes him appear like a mercenary, but he prefers stealth from straight out no surprise brutality. Referred to as Zaf or Ino by his friends

Theme Song (optional): The Knife’s Edge by Cabal Mind

Fighting Style: Silent Spear and Silent Dagger

Rating:

Investiture/ Combat related: 100+30+50 =180
Special Skills: 30
Weakness: -35

Total: 175 --> Still a little too strong. Maybe add another weakness or remove one of the skills?

175-30-15 = 130

@Sorana I added another weakness and removed the Pewter Misting skill.

15 hours ago, Esane said:

I added another weakness and removed the Pewter Misting skill.

Character approved!

Spoiler

Name: Wendon Karlson

Physical Characteristics: A 52-year-old taller-than-average American male.

Investiture: Experienced Rithmatist. (30)

Skills: Expert Scholar, (40) Intelligent (30)

Equipment: N/A

Weakness: Getting old, lots of aches and pains. (-5)

Family: Only close family member is a younger brother, still on Rithmatist earth.

Home Planet: Earth (Rithmatist)

Backstory: Born on the Island of Huron, when he became a Rithmatist he attended the Académie de Montréal, getting above-average marks. He served the full ten years at Nebrask, after which he traveled the world, seeing the sights and eventually even discovering the Cosmere on a larger scale. He's passed through the Alleyverse a couple times, but hasn't ever stayed for long. He only decided to stay a couple of months ago after gathering some friends and founding the Alleycity Rithmatist's Association.

Guild: Founder of the Alleycity Rithmatist's Association

Personality: Cautiously optimistic and kindhearted, he loves to explore and discover and invesigate, which was the driving force behind his travels across the universe.

Appearance: A tall man with greying hair and a small beard, usually clad in a standard rithmatics coat

Fighting Style: Outside of Rithmatic Duels, he doesn't really fight. Inside Rithmatic Duels, he prefers a defensive approach, especially with chalklings.

@SoranaSorry for double spoiler, the editor's acting weird

Edited by AmazingGoob
Forgot to tag. Again.

On 26.8.2020 at 7:45 AM, AmazingGoob said:

Sorry for double spoiler, the editor's acting weird

Character is approved!

Hi, I'd like to submit a character

Spoiler

Name: Alvyer Cyn

Physical Characteristics: Urdail male, violet skin, light blue hair and white eyes. He has bone ridges under his eyes, and his hair is rather long, obscuring his ears. He’s shorter than most humans (5’5”). He still wears the jacket to his flight suit even though he’s a long way from any starships.

Investiture: Maybe eventually

Skills: Projectile weapon combat: Skilled (+60), Melee Combat skill: Average (+35), Pilot experience (I’m going to add 15 for that), Intelligence: Smart (+10), Assassination: Amateur (+20), Scholarship (specifically about magics): Average (+20)

Equipment: Sidearm pistol (Maybe worth 5?), Combat knife (Also 5)

Weakness: Afraid of humans (I feel like that’s worth -20 points)

Family: Back on ReDawn. They think he’s fighting with the Superiority and are very proud of him.

Home Planet: ReDawn (Cytoverse)

Backstory: Alvyer was an Urdail soldier who was going to fight with the Superiority. He left ReDawn shortly after Alanik, expecting to meet her there and continue to try and gain citizenship. Unfortunately, he didn’t know much about cytonics at the time, so he just stole a starship and got lost in the vast cosmos. He was able to find a few habitable planets to get more supplies at, but when he crash landed into the Alleyverse, he was close to death. Fortunately he was able to get to Alleycity, where he’s lived since then, studying the magics of the Alleyverse.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated for now

Psyche (can be combined with personality if necessary): Alvyer is an explorer at heart. He always is looking out for the next adventure; the next person to talk to, the next world to find, the next magic system to learn about. As such, he is endlessly curious and constantly on the move. He’s probably attracted some attention in his multi-versal wanderings, but is usually pretty good at deflecting attention away from his strange appearance and disguising himself. If that fails, he’s equally good at making people feel at ease and also leaving a conversation or group.

Personality: Intelligent, focused, extroverted

Fighting Style: He prefers to avoid fighting, but because of his military training he can hold his own in almost any fight. Fights defensively and tries to disengage rather than press an advantage.

@Negative_Null Looks like a fun character! Before I score him, how bad is his fear of humans? Will he avoid them at all costs, is he just nervous/tense/on edge around them, stuff like that, etc.? 

It used to be very bad, but after a few months of having to interact with them it's better. He's going to treat any human as if they're about to explode or worse, which makes him very easy to intimidate or scare.

Looking through some more character sheets, I think I may have counted that as too many points. 

21 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

It used to be very bad, but after a few months of having to interact with them it's better. He's going to treat any human as if they're about to explode or worse, which makes him very easy to intimidate or scare.

Looking through some more character sheets, I think I may have counted that as too many points. 

Yeah, our max for weaknesses is usually about 30, and that’s for stuff that’s really impactful. 

On 9/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, Negative_Null said:

Hi, I'd like to submit a character

Hide contents

Skills: Projectile weapon combat: Skilled (+60), Melee Combat skill: Average (+35), Pilot experience (I’m going to add 15 for that (works for me, as long as you keep in mind that ship piloting wouldn’t translate directly to piloting other things)), Intelligence: Smart (+10), Assassination: Amateur (+20), Scholarship (specifically about magics): Average (+20)

Equipment: Sidearm pistol (Maybe worth 5?), Combat knife (Also 5)

Weakness: Afraid of humans/He's going to treat any human as if they're about to explode or worse, which makes him very easy to intimidate or scare (-10) 

60+35+15+10+20+20 = 160 +5+5 = 170 -10 = 160 

Ten points over the cap. It’s up to you what you do, but I’d personally recommend taking off Assassination, as there’s not a backstory reason for him to have that skill. 

Yeah, assassination is what I was thinking about taking off. So, updated character sheet is

Spoiler

Skills: Projectile weapon combat: Skilled (+60), Melee Combat skill: Average (+35), Pilot experience (15), Intelligence: Smart (+10),  Scholarship (specifically about magics): Average (+20)

Equipment: Sidearm pistol (+5), Combat knife (+5)

Weakness: Afraid of humans/He's going to treat any human as if they're about to explode or worse, which makes him very easy to intimidate or scare (-10) 

60+35+15+10+5+5-10=140 if my math is right

Cool cool! I’ll add him to the list. :) 

7 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Yay! Thanks Ene

Anytime! If you have any questions, just PM me or ask in the group PM or the Chat Thread. 

Guess it's time to make another character.

Spoiler

Name: Kace Xenoh

Physical Characteristics: 5'4, 21 years old, Tan, Ambidextrous

Investiture: Epic, with spirit trapping abilities*, gifting abilities, and force fields (70+20 = 90)  

Skills: Skilled at Assassination (60), and pretty good with a gun (45) 

Equipment: Pistol, Grappling hook

Weakness: Coconuts (-10), suffers from narcolepsy (-25), likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic (-10)

Family: (Father, and two sisters)

Home Planet: Earth

Backstory: Was given a serious head injury by a coconut on a family vacation, resulting in his Narcolepsy, and fear of coconuts. Shortly after he graduated high school calamity appeared in the sky. I'm to lazy to actually put how he got to the Alleyverse, so Megan accidentally put him there? Idk.

Guild: Ghost Busters! (Also hopefully coming soon) :P

Personality: Extremely extroverted and talkative, though he likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic, despises ghosts or or non corporeal beings in general, and enjoys climbing things because he can.

(150?)

*The ability to trap things in the physical realm. Effective on Curators, Dreamers, Spren, Cognitive Shadows, or non corporeal beings in general

Is the rating correct? I always have trouble with these things.

15 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Generally mods score characters, so don't worry about it! Voidus usually does Epics, but it's four in the morning for him, so you might have to wait a while.

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Voidus usually does Epics, but it's four in the morning for him, so you might have to wait a while.

I will wait then...

@I Used To Be A Fish, How exactly does the spirit trapping work? Does the target end up in the physical realm, completely vulnerable to everything?

(spoilered for hugeness) 

Spoiler

mem.png.bd6697a097a44a9ba4adbb274f5c0ca4.png

Edited by Kings_way

In my mind it gave them the abilities that they had while incorporeal, for the curators I imagine it will be the ability to float, while leaving them open to physical attacks, and being trapped in force fields, it would be interesting to see the curators with weaponry :P

How would it work on, say, an Elsecaller? Would they be unable to enter the Cognitive Realm (and therefore unable to use Transportation and maybe not even Transformation)?

Describing the Force Field ability more would also help. There’s a big jump in power level between what amounts to a sci-fi personal shield and all the things Prof can do, for example.

Hey guys, could we move this discussion to Alleyverse Character Discussion, please? Thank you! 

19 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Guess it's time to make another character.

Hide contents

Name: Kace Xenoh

Physical Characteristics: 5'4, 21 years old, Tan, Ambidextrous

Investiture: Epic, with spirit trapping abilities*, gifting abilities, and force fields (70+20 = 90)  

Skills: Skilled at Assassination (60), and pretty good with a gun (45) 

Equipment: Pistol, Grappling hook

Weakness: Coconuts (-10), suffers from narcolepsy (-25), likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic (-10)

Family: (Father, and two sisters)

Home Planet: Earth

Backstory: Was given a serious head injury by a coconut on a family vacation, resulting in his Narcolepsy, and fear of coconuts. Shortly after he graduated high school calamity appeared in the sky. I'm to lazy to actually put how he got to the Alleyverse, so Megan accidentally put him there? Idk.

Guild: Ghost Busters! (Also hopefully coming soon) :P

Personality: Extremely extroverted and talkative, though he likes to start fights and often acts antagonistic, despises ghosts or or non corporeal beings in general, and enjoys climbing things because he can.

(150?)

*The ability to trap things in the physical realm. Effective on Curators, Dreamers, Spren, Cognitive Shadows, or non corporeal beings in general

I do have a bit of an instinctive aversion to Epics with Realmatic abilities since Realmatics isn't a thing on the Reckonerverse. Making things corporeal is potentially the best that I think an Epic would do and is functionally pretty similar. Still a little weird since it'd basically only be useful for countering certain Epics but some Epic abilities are pretty meta so I think it works.

Next point of discussion would be force fields, because that's a very broad descriptor. Can they stop a bullet? A tank? Can they move them? Force fields are one of the more versatile of the PIs.

I'm assuming by coconuts you mean that as his Epic weakness? I don't usually take extra points off for those unless they're extremely easy to notice and exploit.

38 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I do have a bit of an instinctive aversion to Epics with Realmatic abilities since Realmatics isn't a thing on the Reckonerverse. Making things corporeal is potentially the best that I think an Epic would do and is functionally pretty similar. Still a little weird since it'd basically only be useful for countering certain Epics but some Epic abilities are pretty meta so I think it works.

Next point of discussion would be force fields, because that's a very broad descriptor. Can they stop a bullet? A tank? Can they move them? Force fields are one of the more versatile of the PIs.

I'm assuming by coconuts you mean that as his Epic weakness? I don't usually take extra points off for those unless they're extremely easy to notice and exploit.

All right,

It's pretty easy to see I have no Idea what I'm doing. :P

The spirit trapping was for the ghost busters. 

A coconut within ten meters, will severely dampen his abilities, and a contact with a coconut will shut them off for about a minute, extended contact will result in his powers shutting off for longer afterwards.

Force fields can be moved but will move be pushed back if heavy force is applied, so they couldn't stop a tank. They would stop a bullet.