Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Spoiler

Name: Rathi

Physical Characteristics: Pale blue-white skin, blue nails, crystalline blue eyes, though can sculpt physical appearance at will. Uses tattoos as notes.

Investiture: Siah Aimian

Skills: Intelligent, Expert Scholarship

Equipment: None

Weakness: No regard for bodily harm

Family: None. On friendly terms with Axies the Collector. [I don't know enough about Aimian family groups to speculate, so I'm dodging the question.]

Home Planet: Roshar

Backstory: Born on Roshar, left Roshar because of persecution from many, many countries, wandered around the cosmere for a while, came to the Alleyverse and got a job working for the Scholar's Guild as a reporter.

Guild: Scholar's Guild [Part of the Alleyverse Post]

Personality: Flippant, relaxed, apathetic. [If you were immortal, you'd be pretty uncaring too.]. 

Fighting Style: Does not fight.

Hello! New here, but I have a lot of experience with FFRP.

Spoiler

Name: Calarian Kelar

Physical Characteristics: A 31 year old average-height male Scadrian.

Investiture: Steelrunner from an Hemalurgic spike, with very little decay. No experience using it, or any other form of Investiture.

Skills: Average skill with firearms, smart, experienced and comfortable in social situations.

Equipment: A six-shooter, a small knife, and some boxings.

Weakness: Hasn't actually killed or even really harmed anyone on purpose, and will be very reluctant to do so when given the chance. Can act superior to everyone else in the room, and is very arrogant. Newly arrived in the Alleyverse, and has only basic knowledge of the it and the Cosmere as a whole.

Family: No relevant family.

Home Planet: Scadrial

Backstory: Born to an noble family in an outer estate, his childhood was normal for one of his birth- tutors, lessons, and so on. When he inherited the family estate, however, he quickly got tangled up in the Set, acting as a relatively low-ranking member. He remained in the Set for a couple of years, managing his estate, honing his gun skills, and so on. This continued until he volunteered for field duty, which got him a hemalurgic spike. However, he did not know of the sacrifice required and after the procedure was over, he discovered the body in the next room. It shook him to the point of him leaving the Set- however, this did not come without a consequence, as he had to flee with a travelling Worldhopper to escape the Set's wrath, with nothing but what he had on him. He arrived just a day or two ago.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Arrogant and haughty, he can be very annoying at times, and while his time with the Set has made his moral compass a little crooked (Mostly in concern with money) he is still a good person, if a bit uptight about it.

Appearance: Wears a fashionable suit and bowler hat, carries around a wood cane, and has a meticulously cared-for mustache. 

Fighting Style: Has barely fought at all, let alone enough to get a style.

Here is my Alleyverse Post character.

Spoiler

Name: Blondie Bell (goes by Bell)

Physical Characteristics:  Male, late twenties, exceptionally average height, dirty blonde hair.

Investiture: F-Cadanium (Gasper) [30]

Skills: Average in Hand to Hand [20] and Scholarship. [20] Skilled in baking. [25] and usually brings whatever he has left over to work.

Equipment: A White Sand vial necklace his parents gave him as a Goodluck charm. [25]?

Weakness: Really picky about his pens and refuses to use any not up to his standards.

Family: Parents Strudel and Honey, old retired TUBAist.

Home Planet: Alleyplanet.

Backstory: Being raised in the Alleycity by old guard TUBAist parents Bell had about as normal a life possible. Helped make incredibly complicated pastries with mom as a child. Only allowed to go as The Baker, during the Festival of Masks. When there was one not in cinders went to school. Parents insisting, he take martial arts classes when he entered high school. Decided he did not want to join TUBA in college and in the past few years, has found himself writing for The Alleyverse Post conspiracy boards and other miscellaneous articles.

Guild: Alleyverse Post (Scholar’s Guild)

Personality/Psyche: Skeptical and good humored. Does not put much stock into many of the topics he writes about, but with his upbringing he cannot think of the DA as being at the very least a little less than mythological despite himself.

Appearance: Typically, does not show up to work in anything more than a button-down with the sleeves rolled up and slacks or khaki joggers if they let him.  

Fighting Style:  Evasive, tries to outlast his opponents before making a break for it or if necessary, delivering a quick take down.

Seems like she's unavailable- I can't quote it (or ping you, for that matter) since I'm new, but you can check the most recent post in her profile. Not sure about the other mods, though.

Edited by AmazingGoob

I wasn't home from thursday on and therefore had no real access to the shard (nor any device apart from my mobile and I can't rank characters without a larger screen to work with) - sorry to keep all of you waiting.

The other two mods you could tag are @Voidus  @I think I am here. should I be unavailable. Sadly nobody edited our list in the description yet, so we have to deal with the longer list of names for the moment. @Rushu42

As usual you can find my comments below in green.

==========

@Gears

Spoiler

Name: Rathi

Physical Characteristics: Pale blue-white skin, blue nails, crystalline blue eyes, though can sculpt physical appearance at will. Uses tattoos as notes.

Investiture: Siah Aimian

Skills: Intelligent (20), Expert Scholarship (40) Could you please state the area they studied?

Equipment: None

Weakness: No regard for bodily harm (15)

Family: None. On friendly terms with Axies the Collector. [I don't know enough about Aimian family groups to speculate, so I'm dodging the question.]

Backstory: Born on Roshar, left Roshar because of persecution from many, many countries, wandered around the cosmere for a while, came to the Alleyverse and got a job working for the Scholar's Guild as a reporter.

Guild: Scholar's Guild [Part of the Alleyverse Post]

Personality: Flippant, relaxed, apathetic. [If you were immortal, you'd be pretty uncaring too.]. 

Fighting Style: Does not fight.

Character approved.

==========

@Arlin

Spoiler

Name: Blondie Bell (goes by Bell)

Physical Characteristics:  Male, late twenties, exceptionally average height, dirty blonde hair.

Investiture: F-Cadanium (Gasper) [30]

Skills: Average in Hand to Hand [20] and Scholarship. [20] Skilled in baking. [25] and usually brings whatever he has left over to work. Could you also please state which field he studied (regarding scholarship)?

Equipment: A White Sand vial necklace his parents gave him as a Goodluck charm. Can he actively use the sand or is it 'only' a goodluck charm?

Weakness: Really picky about his pens and refuses to use any not up to his standards. (-5)

Family: Parents Strudel and Honey, old retired TUBAist.

Home Planet: Alleyplanet.

Backstory: Being raised in the Alleycity by old guard TUBAist parents Bell had about as normal a life possible. Helped make incredibly complicated pastries with mom as a child. Only allowed to go as The Baker, during the Festival of Masks. When there was one not in cinders went to school. Parents insisting, he take martial arts classes when he entered high school. Decided he did not want to join TUBA in college and in the past few years, has found himself writing for The Alleyverse Post conspiracy boards and other miscellaneous articles.

Guild: Alleyverse Post (Scholar’s Guild)

Personality/Psyche: Skeptical and good humored. Does not put much stock into many of the topics he writes about, but with his upbringing he cannot think of the DA as being at the very least a little less than mythological despite himself.

Appearance: Typically, does not show up to work in anything more than a button-down with the sleeves rolled up and slacks or khaki joggers if they let him.  

Fighting Style:  Evasive, tries to outlast his opponents before making a break for it or if necessary, delivering a quick take down.

Character approved.

===========

@AmazingGoob Welcome to the Alleyverse!

Spoiler

Investiture: Steelrunner from an Hemalurgic spike, with very little decay. No experience using it, or any other form of Investiture. (45)

Skills: Average skill with firearms (45), smart (10), experienced and comfortable in social situations. (15)

Weakness: Hasn't actually killed or even really harmed anyone on purpose, and will be very reluctant to do so when given the chance. (-10) Can act superior to everyone else in the room, and is very arrogant. (-5) Newly arrived in the Alleyverse, and has only basic knowledge of the it and the Cosmere as a whole.

Backstory: Born to an noble family in an outer estate, his childhood was normal for one of his birth- tutors, lessons, and so on. When he inherited the family estate, however, he quickly got tangled up in the Set, acting as a relatively low-ranking member. He remained in the Set for a couple of years, managing his estate, honing his gun skills, and so on. This continued until he volunteered for field duty, which got him a hemalurgic spike. However, he did not know of the sacrifice required and after the procedure was over, he discovered the body in the next room. It shook him to the point of him leaving the Set- however, this did not come without a consequence, as he had to flee with a travelling Worldhopper to escape the Set's wrath, with nothing but what he had on him. He arrived just a day or two ago.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Personality: Arrogant and haughty, he can be very annoying at times, and while his time with the Set has made his moral compass a little crooked (Mostly in concern with money) he is still a good person, if a bit uptight about it.

Appearance: Wears a fashionable suit and bowler hat, carries around a wood cane, and has a meticulously cared-for mustache. 

Fighting Style: Has barely fought at all, let alone enough to get a style.

Character approved.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

Could you please state the area they studied?

That's... pretty hard to quantify, but the best comparison would be something like... psychology? Sociology? The study of people, their actions, and how they affect the greater universe. But Rathi also studies anything and everything that can be studied during free time.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

The other two mods you could tag are @Voidus  @I think I am here. should I be unavailable. Sadly nobody edited our list in the description yet, so we have to deal with the longer list of names for the moment. @Rushu42

Thank you - I'll be sure to do that next time. Apologies for bothering you while you were away.

16 hours ago, Sorana said:

Welcome to the Alleyverse!

Reveal hidden contents

Investiture: Steelrunner from an Hemalurgic spike, with very little decay. No experience using it, or any other form of Investiture. (45)

Skills: Average skill with firearms (45), smart (10), experienced and comfortable in social situations. (15)

Weakness: Hasn't actually killed or even really harmed anyone on purpose, and will be very reluctant to do so when given the chance. (-10) Can act superior to everyone else in the room, and is very arrogant. (-5) Newly arrived in the Alleyverse, and has only basic knowledge of the it and the Cosmere as a whole.

Thanks!

Spoiler

Name: Asher Selan

Physical Characteristics: Light brown hair,  Hazel eyes, About 5'9, 26 Years old, Spiral tattoos on his arms 

Investiture: 2nd ideal Skybreaker (80), Aviar* (10)

Skills: Pretty good at archery (45) , and barely passable with Knives (20), 

Equipment: Shardblade (30), Spanread (0), Radiant Fabrial of Division (20)

Weakness: Refuses to let things go (-5), Vengeful (-5), Pretty hypocritical (-5), Rather judgmental, (-5) Has a poor relation with his spren, (-10) Prone to bouts of nearly crippling self doubt, (-10) And suffers from a birth defect that makes it hard for him to walk, he has to use gravitation or a wheelchair (-20

Family: A Brother now deceased (Killed by Nightmaw), A Father and a Mother (Who he is on speaking terms with) 

Home Planet: First of Sun

Backstory: Asher grew up on the Eelakin homeland with his parents and brother (whom he idolized), though because of his birth defect was unable to become a trapper, due to that fact, he began to look for ways to get off world (He'd met a worldhopper once, and became fascinated with the idea of worldhopping), after figuring out how to pass through the cognitive realm he journeyed to Roshar, there he bonded with a highspren and swore the first and second ideal, but he began to miss First of Sun. So Asher went back and found that his brother had become a trapper, the thought of anything happening to him terrified Asher, so he swore the third ideal, "I Swear I will follow my brother that is my oath." But of course things didn't go according to plan, his brother was killed by Nightmaws soon thereafter and he broke his oath, then left Patji forever, finding his way to the Alleyverse.   

Guild: The Guardsmen (coming soon**) 

Appearance: Wears a bright red overcoat, with black boots

Fighting Style: Uses gravitation to stay at a distance then pegs opponents with his bow, when at close quarters he turns his shardblade into a spiked shield and tries to ram his opponents with it

(150?

*I was hoping to make this an aviar with soothing abilities, seeing as all aviar abilities we know of are related to allomancy

**If this character gets approved

@Voidus @Sorana @I think I am here., is the rating correct?

Edited by I Am A Fish

Here is my Alleyverse character:

Spoiler

Name: Meredith Shadow (known as the Shadow)

Physical Characteristics: 5'10", not significantly bulky or thin, but very strong. 

Investiture: None

Skills: Thief/grifter (50), knife thrower (50), martial arts (10), 

Equipment: Almost always covered in small obsidian throwing knives hidden on her person, as well as two four inch obsidian daggers. She has a black backpack she keeps with her at all times with extra knives, a little food, water, some outfits, eye drops, a black cloth, contacts, and a red wig. She puts other things in there, but she always has those essentials. She usually wears black trousers and a black turtleneck shirt. 

Weakness: She is a bit arrogant, and gives away too much of her plans sometimes. She also gets in over her head a lot, and has to make things up on the way. She also loves hot tea, so will be less careful about checking it for poison.

Family: Mother, father, and twin sister are all dead.

Backstory: Born to a loving mother and father in the underworld with her identical twin sister. Her parents ran cons on minor nobles all the time, but always tried to avoid Keeps with mistborn. Her dad was a Thug, and her mom was a Tineye. Together they made a good enough team to do small cons without the help of a full thieving crew. During her childhood, Meredith and her twin sister, Aurora, were trained in how to be good thieves, and defend themselves without Allomancy. Meredith's mother was a skilled knife-thrower, and her father was skilled at hand-to-hand combat. Her mother focused on Meredith and her father on Aurora. Meredith got some training from her dad about hand-to-hand combat, but not nearly as much as she got for throwing knives. When Meredith and Aurora became teenagers, they discovered a thieving strategy where they would dress the same, and confuse the guards by making them think there was only one intruder. Then one of them would send the guards on a wild goose chase, while the other got away with the valuables. Her parents called the mini-team their little shadows. During one of these missions, an unexpected mistborn showed up. They ended up splitting up to hopefully confuse the mistborn, and then dissapear in the mists. It worked. The mistborn went after only Aurora, and Meredith escaped. But Aurora wasn't able to get away, and was killed. Meredith returned home to find that her parents had been discovered by the Steel Inquisitors, and had been taken away. Meredith was crushed over her family, but knew that she couldn't stay with the Steel Inquisitors after her. She left the city, eventually joined a group of worldhoppers, and found her way to Alleyverse, where she could start over.

Personality: Very outgoing and extroverted. She almost never trusts anyone, but once you've won her trust, she will be eternally loyal. She likes to be with people, even if they don't know anything about the real her. She has a kind of: "I exist, so deal with it" attitude. She plays so many personalities, that she doesn't really know who she is with it, though she doesn't worry about it too much unless people point it out. She can come across as cold and commanding when she's not playing a part, but deep down she's a softie.

Appearance: Female, thick curly black hair, light green eyes.

Fighting Style: She usually tries to fight from afar, throwing knives pinning them to walls by their clothes, or immobilizing them. When she's fighting up close, she is really good at landing attacks, but not very good at dodging them. 

Also, @Voidus, I misunderstood for a moment and accidentally PM-ed this to you as well, so... oops.

Edited by Scarletfox

7 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Here is my Alleyverse character:

Hide contents

Name: Meredith Shadow (known as the Shadow)

Physical Characteristics: 5'10", not significantly bulky or thin, but very strong. 

Investiture: None

Skills: Thief/grifter (50), knife thrower (50), martial arts (10), 

Equipment: Almost always covered in small obsidian throwing knives hidden on her person, as well as two four inch obsidian daggers. She has a black backpack she keeps with her at all times with extra knives, a little food, water, some outfits, eye drops, a black cloth, contacts, and a red wig. She puts other things in there, but she always has those essentials. She usually wears black trousers and a black turtleneck shirt. 

Weakness: She is a bit arrogant, and gives away too much of her plans sometimes. She also gets in over her head a lot, and has to make things up on the way. She also loves hot tea, so will be less careful about checking it for poison.

Family: Mother, father, and twin sister are all dead.

Backstory: Born to a loving mother and father in the underworld with her identical twin sister. Her parents ran cons on minor nobles all the time, but always tried to avoid Keeps with mistborn. Her dad was a Thug, and her mom was a Tineye. Together they made a good enough team to do small cons without the help of a full thieving crew. During her childhood, Meredith and her twin sister, Aurora, were trained in how to be good thieves, and defend themselves without Allomancy. Meredith's mother was a skilled knife-thrower, and her father was skilled at hand-to-hand combat. Her mother focused on Meredith and her father on Aurora. Meredith got some training from her dad about hand-to-hand combat, but not nearly as much as she got for throwing knives. When Meredith and Aurora became teenagers, they discovered a thieving strategy where they would dress the same, and confuse the guards by making them think there was only one intruder. Then one of them would send the guards on a wild goose chase, while the other got away with the valuables. Her parents called the mini-team their little shadows. During one of these missions, an unexpected mistborn showed up. They ended up splitting up to hopefully confuse the mistborn, and then dissapear in the mists. It worked. The mistborn went after only Aurora, and Meredith escaped. But Aurora wasn't able to get away, and was killed. Meredith returned home to find that her parents had been discovered by the Steel Inquisitors, and had been taken away. Meredith was crushed over her family, but knew that she couldn't stay with the Steel Inquisitors after her. She left the city, eventually joined a group of worldhoppers, and found her way to Alleyverse, where she could start over.

Personality: Very outgoing and extroverted. She almost never trusts anyone, but once you've won her trust, she will be eternally loyal. She likes to be with people, even if they don't know anything about the real her. She has a kind of: "I exist, so deal with it" attitude. She plays so many personalities, that she doesn't really know who she is with it, though she doesn't worry about it too much unless people point it out. She can come across as cold and commanding when she's not playing a part, but deep down she's a softie.

Appearance: Female, thick curly black hair, light green eyes.

Fighting Style: She usually tries to fight from afar, throwing knives pinning them to walls by their clothes, or immobilizing them. When she's fighting up close, she is really good at landing attacks, but not very good at dodging them. 

Also, @Voidus, I misunderstood for a moment and accidentally PM-ed this to you as well, so... oops.

No worries, I was just briefly wondering for a moment if there's some part of the character you wanted to keep secret so you PM'd instead but then I saw this message :P

Well within point limits and looks like an interesting character, approved and welcome to the Alleyverse! :D

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

No worries, I was just briefly wondering for a moment if there's some part of the character you wanted to keep secret so you PM'd instead but then I saw this message :P

Well within point limits and looks like an interesting character, approved and welcome to the Alleyverse! :D

Thanks! :lol::D:ph34r: I'm so excited to join in!

I have a new character, a Curator of Alexandria. 

Spoiler

Name: Fuji

Physical CharacteristicsCurator of Alexandria, skeleton with flames for eyes, large robe, no visible legs.

Skills: genius intelligence, knows every book in the library of Alexandria.

EquipmentBooks he brought from Alexandria. He will let you read one, it just might cost you your soul.

WeaknessHe must follow the rules of the Curators.

Home PlanetAlcatraz earth

BackstoryFuji was a librarian on Alcatraz earth who was obsessed with the collecting and catologing of books. He went to Alexandria, and made a contract to become a Curator. He somehow found out about the cosmere and came to the Alleyverse to set up a library there and get more books.

Guildnone

Personality: Generally cheerful, gets annoyed when nobody checks out his books. He is looking for new books to put in the library, specifically ones that have to do with investiture.

Fighting StyleOffers people books that will help people defeat their opponents.

He will be making his own location thread, a library where he tries to get people's souls in exchange for books. He will also be looking for new books.

@Sorana @Voidus

Edited by Kings_way

Spoiler

Name: Hope 'Everest' Forescout 

Physical Characteristics:  tall, lean and strong, often mistaken for someone above her age.

Investiture: none

Skills: Average at throwing knives and novice at hand to hand combat using them. (20+45) I wasn't sure what to do with figure skating so I gave her five points. (5)

Equipment: light line (40) abrasion fabrial that happens to be broken in that it cracks gems faster than most. (17)

Weakness: blames herself for her parents death, crys at night. (-5) has a unfortunate habit of insulting this with a over inflated ego through sheer bluntness and transparency. (-10)

Family: Avra and Leporem Forescout (parents) Koren Avanvar

Home Planet: Threnody

Backstory: Her parents were killed during a incident in a outdoor kitchen by shades when she was 10, she sent a letter to her world hopping cousin to help her get out of threnody. After finding a traveling merchant from Allycity she and Koren decided to go there. They settled down in a town outside of the city, though Hope thought Koren was being overprotective so she ran away to Allycity. She has been a homeless there ever since.

theme song: your in my spot by the black piper

Guild: Currently unaffiliated     

Personality: Blunt and judging though also curious, reserved.

Appearance: 13 year old reshi female with shoulder length wavy brown hair and grey eyes. Also has aluminum gloves.

Fighting Style: All or nothing. If she lands a blow its fatal, if not, she will likely lose. She combats this with a abrasion fabrial in order to slide after missing a blow, and uses very figure skater-esqe movements.

she also has a knack for odd magical weapons, which she collects and sells.

Hope I scored her right! @Sorana @Voidus @I think I am here.

Edited by turtle

EDIT:

@Kings_way

On 13.8.2020 at 10:12 PM, Kings_way said:

He will be making his own location thread, a library where he tries to get people's souls in exchange for books. He will also be looking for new books.

Your character looks fine! I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure about the location thread, as that means he/ you are dependent on other players dropping by and taking a look at what he has. I like the idea a lot so feel free to give it a try of course! If the thread ends up a little low on activity, you could always consider to change into some kind of mini-plot.

I've got one question: with him being a skeletton: did you consider which weapons might hurt him less/ more than others? Is he invested? How does he react should he end up the target of some investiture? Like a normal person (apart from the fact that he doesn't need to breathe/ eat and the like)?

=========

@turtle

Thanks a lot for already rating your character! I especially enjoyed your fabrial at 17 points ^_^

Welcome to the Alleyverse and have fun!

Edited by Sorana

Thanks!

Fuji won't always be at his library, he will sometimes be out collecting books.

I don't think that very many weapons could hurt him. Curators can be incorperable, (no idea if that's spelled right) so most would just go through him. He isn't very hostile, he just wants your soul. 

As for investiture, I don't think things like gravitation and transformation would work on him. You could probably else call him thought.

Spoiler

Name: Zafino

Physical Characteristics: Tall, angular face, similar to Hoid, but a long scar over his left eye. His hair is bronze colored and sticks straight up in the front and gets shorter as it goes to the back and around the sides, except for one braid at the back that is the deepest black ever. Arms are medium length, and his hands are very nimble.

Investiture: 

Skills: Willshaper of the Second Ideal (10)(was broken after Ratah’s death) Pewter Misting (30) Spear/Staff (50) Wit (30)

Equipment: Staff/Spear. Usual length should be about 4.5 feet. Spear head adds a half foot

Weakness: Cake and small spaces (Alleyways, Closets, etc.)

Family: Mother, Father (Divorced, never knew by Zafino), Aunt (Abusive, left behind in Roshar), Girlfriend (Ratah, Deceased)

Backstory: Zafino was born on Roshar in the country of Alethkar, in the Princedom of Sadeas.His parents divorced shortly after he was born and he was taken in by a very cruel aunt who, through many beatings, served to toughen him up. As a last ditch effort to escape his aunt, he enlisted in his Highprinces army when he was 15 While in the army, his girlfriend, a messenger, was killed by an enemy soldier. This killed him on the inside. He swore never to love again and moved to a new squad. She always wore a braid similar to a Padawan braid from Star Wars. He decided to wear one in her honor. His squad leader took a liking to him and taught him the spear and helped him regain his footing after his girlfriend’s death. He left the army after 8 years and moved to Alleyverse. While in Alleyverse, his cleverness (Wit) has increased slightly. He has also gained access to 5 of the Rosharan surges, mentioned above, and is slightly stealthy. Not enough to brag about, but enough to get basic stealth missions completed if the opportunity arises. He is currently awaiting permission to join the Ghostbloods.

Guild (can be unaffiliated): Unaffiliated (FOR NOW)

Personality/Psyche: Rather mean, like Kaladin, but with a soft side when it comes to young children or other Rosharans. He speaks with a gruff tone, where at first sound, makes him appear like a mercenary, but he prefers stealth from straight out no surprise brutality. Referred to as Zaf or Ino by his friends

Appearance: [The artistically inclined are welcome to include an illustration of their character.]

Theme Song (optional): The Knife’s Edge by Cabal Mind

Fighting Style: Silent Spear and Silent Dagger